• Published 24th May 2016
  • 2,806 Views, 72 Comments

Rainbow Rocks: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



Set in an alternate universe, Human Twilight protects her school from the Dazzlings

  • ...
8
 72
 2,806

Bonus Chapter 3- The Fruits of Friendship

At Canterlot High, it was having it's Battle of the Bands contest inside the school. But outside the school however was three students: Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo was relaxing by the school's statue while the contest is going on inside. They wanted to participate, but after seeing how hectic and stressful the other bands were being, they decided not to and just hang instead.

All of them was sitting on the base of the statue and drinking boxes of fruit juice. With the soothing sounds of the wind and majestic sunset sky that hangs above them, they weren't regretting their decision one bit.

After letting out a relaxing sigh, Sweetie Belle ask the two of them: "Isn't this great? Are you two glad we're not participating in that battle of the bands?"

"Uh-Huh!" replied Apple Bloom.

"Absolutely!" replied Scootaloo. After taking another sip of her drink, Scootaloo says back to them: "Hey guys. Even though we didn't want to take part, should we at least cheer on Rainbow and her band?"

After that good question, both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom thought about it for a bit. Eventually Apple Bloom response was: "We could, but I reckon they'd be ok on their own without us."

"Yeah, our sisters are really amazing people" Sweetie Belle commented.

"And let not forget Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Twilight are with them too. Together, I bet they can handle a lot of stuff on their own" Scootaloo remarks.

After the crusaders took one full gulp of their drinks, something spark in Apple Blooms head that caused her to stop and think. When Scootaloo notice that Apple Bloom was looking slightly troubled, she ask her: "What's the matter Apple Bloom?"

After a moment, she says to the both of them: "Do you think Sunset Shimmer is playing along side them?"

Shocked, Sweetie Belle replies: "What! What makes you think of that?"

"Well it just that I remember seeing her a lot hanging around our sisters and trying to show everyone that she's a nice person now."

After realizing that, Scootaloo response was: "Huh! Maybe?"

After thinking about it again, Apple Bloom then ask them: "What do you two think of Sunset anyway?"

"What do you think her?" Scootaloo ask back.

"Well... I didn't really like her when she was a bully and she did some crazy stuff at the Fall Formal...-"

"Crazy... but also slightly awesome!" Begrudgingly, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle also agree.

"- but sort of think she really is trying to change."

"Yeah like how she helped us out with our banner!" said Sweetie Belle. "At first, I thought it was weird and that maybe she was secretly scheming something. But no! She was really nice and funny and said some interesting stuff."

Scootaloo remarks: "Hm. Maybe she isn't so bad after all."

All three then sit there quietly, thinking how Sunset was nice a kind. But then, as their thought was about how they misjudge her, they soon come and realize something else. "Hey, do you think everybody have the same idea on Sunset like we did?" Sweetie Belle thought out loud.

Both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo had the same thought. "... Maybe they giving her such a hard time because of it?" remarks Scootaloo. And with that said, all three girls were now imagining how hard Sunset's school life must be going and how she must be having a miserable time. It even made them feel sad and pity Sunset.

Once she saw their drinks were all gone, Apple Bloom jump off the statue and face Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. "Hey Crusaders! Why don't we go find Sunset and see if she wants to hand with us?" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked at each other before they give a harmless shrug. "It won't hurt I suppose" Sweetie Belle thought out loud.

With their minds made up, The Crusaders threw their drinks in a nearby bin and decided to head off to find Sunset. Their first thought was that she might be at the contest in the gym. But if they couldn't find her there, they figured that she might be some where else in the school.

But then, as all three were about to head into the school, Sweetie Belle suddenly detected something with her ears. "Hey Guys! Wait A Sec!" she yelled out loud. As Apple Bloom and Scootaloo look back at her with confusion, Sweetie ask them: "Can you guys hear that?"

It took them a moment, but both soon began hearing the sound too. It was hard to make out at first, but they eventually recognize it as music and think somebody was singing too. Eventually, the music became loud enough for their to figure where it was coming from and it was coming from... the roof of the school? Confused, they all step back and try to see what was going on. And then, after a moment of looking, they spotted Sunset singing, much to their amazement. And then, while they were surprised enough to see her, Sunset then did something magical.

_ _ _ _ _

Meanwhile, back at the gym, Trixie was at a secluded part of the gym as she was thinking in private. She was really deep in thought too as she was swaying back and forth and debating with herself out loud.

"She was... No, she wouldn't... Would she? Hmmm!"

Her two band mates was nearby and over hear Trixie's loud thoughts. They thought she was distraught about the recent incident, but they could see that she was more confused then anything else. Concerned for their leader's well being, they went over to her and see how she it. "Are you alright Trixie?" one of them ask.

Startled, Trixie yell at them: "Oh! Don't Scare Me Like That!"

"Hey! We were just wondering if you were ok?"

Upon hearing that, Trixie couldn't be too mad at them but she still grumble to her over reaction. "Sorry, I was just... on edge with what just happened."

"I'm not surprised. I'd be frighten too if a stage light almost hit me on my head."

"Ok one; the great and powerful Trixie don't get frighten. And second; that isn't what I'm concerned." The two girl became confused and raised an eyebrow to one another. Hoping they could help her, Trixie ask the both of them: "Do you really think that Sunset Shimmer really tried to drop something on me?"

Shocked surprised, one girl ask back: "What!? What makes you think that?"

"Well it's just that before the light was about to fall on me, I heard a voice telling me to get out of the way. And when I look up, I think I saw Sunset Shimmer trying to stop the light from falling."

"And what? You think Sunset was trying to save you or something?"

"Now that's the that I'm most confused about!" Trixie stated. "Why would Sunset want to save me? I mean, it almost doesn't make any sense. I have been mean to her, I've tried to shame her in front of new students and I have been as much as a bully to her as she been to us. So why, even after all of that, would Sunset try to rescue me like that?"

After expressing all of them, Trixie went back to her thoughts as she try to make sense of it. She was even considering that she had Sunset all wrong. However, her two mates then tells her: "Oh Trixie, you're just over thinking this!"

"Yeah! NO WAY Sunset would EVER help another person like that!"

Trixie did not like that response. True, it would be something that she would like to hear. But at the same time, she also doesn't want to be wrong on this and thinks there's more to this. An annoyed Trixie tell them: "Oh you two aren't any help! I'm going out for some fresh air. If anybody ask about me, tell them I don't want to be disturb!" As she storm off from the room, her two assistants was left confused and bewildered.

When she was out in the hall, Trixie thought that the place would be quite enough for her to be alone with her thoughts. "Was Sunset really a nice person?" she thought. "Was she really not as a bad of a person as everyone thought she was?" These thought me her even more indecisive and confused as before and anxiously wants to find a answer for them. Either she finds Sunset Shimmer and get the truth out of her or she find somebody else who also has the answers that she wants . Either way, Trixie began wondering down the halls.

As she was walking, gone pass a few stuff that she didn't pay too much attention towards. A few lockers. The Rainbooms who all looked in inexplicably sad for some reason. Scattered change that she decided to pick up for herself. But along the way, she began to shiver for some reason. It wasn't cold or anything, but there was an ominous feeling in the air that just barely picked up.

And then Trixie began hearing laughter and cackling nearby. She didn't know what the laughter was about, she had a sinking feeling in her stomach. Wondering what was going on, Trixie went over and investigate. She peaked around a corner and found that she come across the Dazzlings. However, one thing weird about them is that they were glowing... latterly. They had a weird aura that shows off how energised they were and their gems around their necks were shining an unnerving red light not. Not wanting to be scene, Trixie kept her head behind the corner and only decided eavesdrop on them instead of seeing what they are doing.

"Oh Man! I haven't felt this great in ages!" Aria exclaims out loud. "I'll be honest Adagio, I'm really glad that we went along with you plan this time."

"Well you should be" Adagio cheerfully responded. "If it wasn't for me and my plans, we would have regained our full plans."

However, Sonata interjected. "Actually, a part of it was thanks to Sunset. If you hadn't got her to sabotage Trixie's performance, there wouldn't be enough negativity around for us to absorb to regain our powers."

"Wha...!" Trixie tries her best to hold back her surprise and not blow her cover. But she couldn't believe what she heard. "So it was their fault that her performance was ruined?" she thought to herself. It was only then that she recognize them as the new students that she met while mocking Sunset and she could believe they were responsible.

"Well it's her fault for spying on us in the first place" Adagio said back to Sonata. "She thought she could infiltrate our little group and try to uncover our secrets? What a fool."

"Yeah, she was so weak willed, we managed to get her to do whatever we want" Aria added. But as she and Adagio was laughing out loud, she notice that Sonata was laughing with them. "What's wrong? Don't tell me you miss her?"

"... Yeah" Sonata admitted. "Even though I HATE her for being a mole, I actually thought she was pretty cool."

At first, Adagio and Aria wanted to slap Sonata for even saying such a thing. However, after thinking about it for a bit, they begrudgingly admit that they feel a similar thing. "*huff* Yeah... her company did make things a bit more interesting for a bit" Aria expressed.

Seeing her two cohorts like this, Adagio says to the both of them: "Oh Fine! I'll give her call and see if she still want to serve. If so; great and we get our own personal minion. If not; we'll get rid of her. Deal?"

"Deal!"

"Deal!"

As Adagio got out her phone and all three of them walk off, Trixie was left in shock. She know who she point her revenge towards, but she was not sure if she was strong enough. It seemed like they had magic, real magic like what Rainbow Dash and her friends has. Buy as she was thinking up what she was going to do, Trixie could help but fear what they were going to do with Sunset. It sounded like they were going to do something terrible to her and she doesn't want that to happen. They said they were going to met up with Sunset and see if she still want to be with them. To find out where that meeting point is, Trixie began to secretly trail behind them and see where they would be going.

Author's Note:

Well this chapter was shorter then I would have liked. I know this was a bonus chapter, but I thought I would write another scene into this.

This chapter was meant to highlight all the people that Sunset had moved during the story and the new friend that she made. With that in mind, I thought I would have a scene with either Flash Sentry or Snip & Snails.

Yeah, Flash Sentry was a stretch since he only shared one scene with Sunset during chapter 5. But it was more about Flash getting over the fact that her made Twilight up set and her would help Sunset with [Warning! Spoiler] saving her in the next chapter. However, the more that I thought about it, I thought the scene would be that long and I could put it into another chapter.

As for Snips & Snails, I hadn't thought about giving them a bigger role in the story. I only wanted them to sabotage Trixie's performance and that's it. However, when I wrote how Sunset would take the blame for Snips and Snails, I thought: "Hang On! I'm having Sunset helping Snips and Snails out! I could have them be a part of the group that Sunset touched through out the story!" So I debated with myself if I wanted to add a scene or two with them in it. After that, I thought: "Nah!"

But if I would give them a scene within this chapter, I would have them serve detention in the library. They would talk about how Sunset try to cover for them, say how Sunset has changed from bossing them around to protecting then they notice her song on the roof from seeing her through the sky light. If anybody wanted me to write that in, I guess I'll be happy to go back and edit this chapter.

Although, as I was writing this, I realize that the Dazzlings could be the third group for this chapter. I wanted to make them nicer then their movie versions, but at the same time, be as nasty as their movie portrayals (maybe even worse). I just wanted to give them room for development and redemption for their characters. But anyway, I was amazed by how nice I wrote them.

This should be the last bonus chapter... unless you count the Epilogue at the end of this tale. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and feel free to leave a comment.