• Published 24th May 2016
  • 2,806 Views, 72 Comments

Rainbow Rocks: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



Set in an alternate universe, Human Twilight protects her school from the Dazzlings

  • ...
8
 72
 2,806

Prologue- Canterlot Tour

Outside the Principal's office, Twilight was waiting anxiously and sitting on the waiting chairs. Both her body and her mind were feeling tense and the nearby clock that was ticking away wasn't helping. The only thing that Twilight could do while passing the time were twiddling her thumbs and hoping for the best.

But after a long and patient wait, Twilight's friend is now leaving the principal's office. As the door opens, Sunset Shimmer steps out and says to the people inside: "... And thank you so much for seeing me Principal Celestia."

Celestia then politely replies: "Your welcome Sunset."

Twilight shot up from her chair and asks Sunset: "How did it go?"

After a suspenseful moment for Sunset to build herself, she nervously reveals: "... I'm now Canterlot High's tour guide for new students."

Twilight, ecstatic upon hearing the good news, squealed joyfully and hugs Sunset in celebration. Despite feeling unsure with herself and were left surprised by the sudden hug, Sunset appreciated it and embrace the worm comfort of the hug.

_ _ _ _ _

Moments later, both Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle were walking down the lively halls of Canterlot High. The halls were actually more livelier than normal as there were more chatter amongst the students and the walls were covered with posters. Wanting to know more of the meeting, Twilight began to probe Sunset.

"So what was the meeting like? Were they surprised that you wanted to volunteer?"

Sunset sheepishly replied: "Yeah well... They were a little hesitant at first, which I don't blame them. But after a few questions, they finally let me be the tour guide."

"Well they must know that you are trying to change your image."

"I guess that's it. I'm still a little surprised that they said yes."

Obviously detecting that Sunset was being hard on herself, Twilight says to Sunset: "Hey, you need to lighten up a bit. They wouldn't give you the position if they didn't trust you."

However, Sunset rebutted: "Thanks for the vote of confidence Twilight, but it looks like you and the guys are like the only ones who giving me the time of day. Everyone else just thinks I'm the same monsters that I were before."

Having just about had it with her pessimism, Twilight stopped Sunset from moving, looked Sunset in the eye and tells her: "Hey! What you did before was really bad, but that is in the past. What you are now isn't the same Sunset from where we first met." Left surprised and flattered by her kind words, Sunset's couldn't stop herself from blushing.

A few moments later, the girls were coming up to Sunset's locker. But then, as they were about to arrive at it, the Crusaders (Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo) suddenly appeared and ran pass them. When they saw that they almost collided with Twilight, Apple Bloom looked back and yells: "Sorry Twilight!"

"No Problem Girls!" Twilight yells back. She then watches the freshmen as they continue running and disappear down the hall.

Twilight then look back at Sunset and thought out loud to her: "Have you notice that everyone seems to be livelier than usual?"

As she was putting in her combination, Sunset says to Twilight: "That's because the musical showcase is coming up and everyone is probably just trying to prepare."

"Musical Showcase?" says Twilight confusingly.

Sunset Shimmer explains: "Yeah, it's a school event that they do once in a while. Students often get together and form bands and do a musical performance."

"Oh! So it's like contest then?"

However, Sunset reiterate: "No, it's not a contest. It's just something that the school do for fun and you get gifts just for participating."

Once Sunset finally got her locker open, Twilight jokingly remarks: "Well that's good. I heard some of the Crusaders music and if the showcase was a contest, I'm afraid that they wouldn't get too far."

Giggling to Twilight's joke, Sunset added: "Who Knows! Maybe Flash Might Actually Come Out As A Winner!?"

But then, as both girls were laughing out loud, a book suddenly fell out of Sunset's locker. Startled, Twilight curiously picks the book up. When she had a look at it, she saw that the cover had the same sun symbol as what Sunset has on her shirt. "What's this?" she asked out loud.

Upon seeing it, Sunset became surprised as she takes the book off of Twilight. "Oh Wow!" she thought out loud. "I can't believe that I still have this!?"

"What is it?" Twilight asks.

Sunset replied: "It's a book that I use to use before I came here."

Upon hearing that fact, Twilight got up close Sunset and asks her: "Wait! So this book came from Equestria!?"

Seeing how excited that Twilight was getting, Sunset gleefully says to her: "Oh yes." She explains: "Back home, I use this book to contact my teacher; Princess Celestia. She would have a book similar to mine and whatever I wrote in here would appears in her book."

"Wow!" muttered Twilight, left in utter star-struck and amazement.

Seeing her so happy, Sunset asks Twilight: "Do you want it?"

"What!" she yells out in surprised.

"Yeah, the magic probably wouldn't work while it is over here and I don't see myself using it anytime soon."

Despite how much she wants it, Twilight tried to hold herself and replies: "Oh no, I can't..."

However, Sunset then says to her: "Oh come on Twilight. Consider it as a thank you present for all the time and effort that you put in for me."

Once she put it in like that, Twilight couldn't help but to accept it. Once Sunset handed her the book, she says to Sunset: "Thanks Sunset. I promise to keep it safe."

"No problem Twilight" Sunset replied.

But as she was putting her new book into her bag, Twilight suddenly realized that her phone was going off in her bag. Surprised, she thought out loud: "Oh wow! I guess one of the guys has been calling me." She then got it out and opens her phone.

As Twilight reads her message, Sunset curiously asks: "What it is about?"

However, as she was reading it, Twilight was slowly becoming shocked, confused and worry. She muttered "What!?" out loud which also cause Sunset to become worried. Twilight explains: "Rainbow says that something big has happened and that we need to head to the music room, "Pronto"!"

Seeing this as something important, Sunset tells her: "Well what are we waiting for!?"

Once they got their stuff together and Sunset shut her locker, both girls began to run and make their way to the music room. But as they were running, they ran pass 3 mysterious girls who were wearing hoodies indoors. Both groups didn't seem to notice the other and didn't pay it much thought. One of the hooded girls did stop and look back with curiosity, but continue to walk with her friends once they call out to her.

"Hurry Up Sonata!"

"Coming Adagio!"

Author's Note:

So Yeah, this is my first attampt to continue the little universe I made up.

This small chapter just meant to shows how close that Twilight and Sunset is to one another and how they have been getting along. In the previous story, I originally wanted to do a bonus chapter where Twilight help Sunset fill in the crater and was probing Sunset for information on Equestria. I just wanted to have to intellectual people to converse and become close to each other.

Also, during the scene where Twilight tells Sunset that she "... Isn't the same person from where she first met her", I thought about adding in that the hall where she said that was the same hall where they first met each other. The reason I didn't add it was because it was a bit superfluous and would give me a few extra minutes that wasn't needed.

Also, as you had just read, Sunset gave her book to Twilight. In the movie, Sunset was the one who suggested to use the book to contact the ponies in Equestria. But since that she gave up her book, I'm hoping this would cause some curiosity amongest some of you readers.

Feel free to point out any errors that I may have made and post any thought that you may have down in the comments. I hope you will enjoy.