• Published 13th May 2016
  • 2,528 Views, 50 Comments

A Gmodder in Equestria - LastOneLeft



What happens when an average male teenage gamer, gets launched into a land of ponies while playing a game?

  • ...
5
 50
 2,528

Learning the Controls

Author's Note:

WE ARE BACK, BABY! And now, I'm (hopefully) not leaving again! The return of...Well... whatever the hell this is, I don't know, don't look at me.

In the words of a genius, 'And here we go'

Josh typically didn't dream, and when he did, his dreams were nightmares. It didn't faze him much at all, he knew the difference of a dream and reality. What did surprise him though, was how he had a nightmare in his current 'situation'. Josh woke himself up, annoyed at whatever he had dreamt about. He tried to remember, but the more he did, the fuzzier it became. He gave up and looked around, remembering where he was.

"Not a dream, is it?" He sighed. "Welp. Time to figure out what I can do!" He jumped out of the bed and walked out of the room. Josh was still a bit mad that his phygun was taken from him, but he had no doubt he could spawn another. As he was walking down the stairs, the last pony he wanted to see was with Twilight.

Rainbow Dash.

Josh knew this couldn't end well. At least, for him. He sighed, and moved towards the two, focusing on Rainbow Dash.

"Oh Josh! You're up!" Twilight smiled at him.

"...What's she doing here?" Josh got straight to the point.

"Rainbow?" He knew where this was going. The arrogant prick was going to apologize, and everything was going to be 'all cool'. Josh was having none of that.

"Liste-" Rainbow Dash began, but was cut off.

"Let me stop you right there," He began. "I know what you are going to say, and no. The answer is no."

"What do yo-"

"I don't wanna be friends with someone I don't trust yet."

"Now hold on th-"

"Nope. You did attack me, and I don't trust you yet. A while later? Maybe. Now? Nope, but I do forgive you for it. I would've done the same." Josh walked away, completely ignoring the two ponies behind him.

He felt a little bad, honestly. He knew she meant to protect her friends, but he didn't trust any of the ponies, and Rainbow was the most aggressive one he's met by far. He shook off the guilt and walked outside of the castle. Josh had remembered where the forest was, and figured, it was the safest place to try to see if he could spawn things, and do other things. He also knew if he was caught, he'd likely get into trouble. He rationalized it as something he had to do, as using the abilities that Garry's Mod offers could be lifesaving at some point. Josh was not, however eager to die to see if he'd respawn, as he had felt pain, and bled. At some point though, he knew he'd have to do it. He looked at his health counter. It was still 50, so that was okay for now. Finally reaching the forest, he wanted to test out two things that would be amazing to have. No clipping and God Mode(A.N. Yep.). Josh attempted no clipping first, as being able to fly away and through anything would be more useful now, he thought. He didn't even focus hard on the idea, as he remembered pressing 'z'. Sure enough he was able to stick his hand through a tree. He 'flew' around for a bit, ecstatic that he had figured it out so quickly.

Josh came back to the ground, and he tried looking at his spawn menu. Funny enough, all of the mods he had downloaded, and some he didn't, were there for him to use. He looked for his favorite gun mod, Fa:S. Sure enough, it was there. Josh was normally not a weapon fanatic, but being so excited about everything was clouding his judgement. He spawned every gun in the modpack, and all of MK9 too. 'Huh. Probably a bad idea for me to have all of these weapons.' He reasoned. He kept his 'hands' out, and walked back to the town. Josh could hardly hide his happiness, and was practically skipping. For him though, these things don't last. He was already unnerved by the ponies, but it turned out rumors were spreading. Now Josh was hoping the glares and scared looks would go away. This went on for about ten minutes, and for some reason, a mob of ponies were looking for him.

What confused him was, they had already seen him before. Why now were they beginning to get aggro? Josh was beginning to think something was very wrong. He ran toward the castle, moving as fast as he could. He wasn't fast enough it seems, as the mob found him.

"This can only go so well," He muttered.

"You! Monster! What are you doing here?" One male pony yelled out.

"Excuse me, what did you say?" Josh had decided to talk to the obviously mad ponies.

"Leave Ponyville! Or else!"

"Okay." Josh shrugged, turned around and began to walk away. He was stopped when a pony threw a rock at his head. It nailed him, and he stumbled a bit. He checked his health. The yellow counter showed 45. Josh turned around, and the tension rose. He saw others use magic to pick up things. It was time to leave. Josh turned tail and ran as fast as he could. Pegasi(?)swooped at him as unicorns, and earth ponies chased him, and threw things. "Stop it! What the hell is wrong with you ponies?!?" He screamed. Josh had almost made it to the forest, but he tripped. At that moment, he knew it was over. His health dropped rapidly, and without stopping. Just when he thought he was going to die, he heard the loudest voice he had ever had the displeasure of hearing.

"STOP!!!!" It seemed Twilight had found him. Josh checked his health again. It was at one. He watched as the ponies parted, as Twilight yelled some more. The other elements came as well. Josh couldn't believe this! He was beyond mad, and he was hurting. A little while later, the mob of demon ponies left, and the Mane six came running. Josh didn't trust them before. Now, even though they weren't involved, he was now deeming all of them as dangerous. He struggled to his feet, and glared at them.

"Josh! Are you okay?" Twilight asked.

"What do you think, hmm? I was almost killed!" He yelled. That seemed to shock them, and they stared wide eyed at him. "Get the other princess! I wanna talk to her!"

"Josh I-"

"No!" He barked. "Go. Get. Her. NOW!" Josh had never been this mad before, and normally he controlled his anger, but now, he couldn't. They froze. No one moved for what felt like forever. Josh groaned angrily and no clipped away. He knew that was a bad choice, but he needed to cool off. Josh flew into the forest, not being stealthy about it at all. He wanted to blow something up. So that's what he did. Josh went up very high, and saw a desert a long ways away. He took out a davy crocket, aimed, then fired. About a minute later, a loud explosion was heard. All across Equestria, it was seen. A large mushroom cloud, and light was seen for 25 minutes, then, it disappeared. Calm now, he came back, and Celestia was standing there. She wasn't happy, that much he was able to tell, but at who, he was unsure.

"Celestia, we need to talk." He spoke.

"I agree." She gave Josh a stern look. "When were you going to inform me you could fly?" She asked.

"Well, it's not really flying..." He said sheepishly.

"What is it, then?" She inquired.

"No clipping." Josh answered

"'No clipping'?" She gave a confused look.

"It means I can go through solid objects."

"What?" That didn't help her confusion

"Nevermind, I'll show you later."

"What was that explosion?"

"I did that. Sorry. I got mad, and well...."

"Well what? I thought you said you wouldn't hurt my little ponies."

"I didn't. They harmed me though. I'm barely alive right now. Speaking of which, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!" He yelled. Celestia flinched a bit at his harsh language. "I thought ponies were FRIENDLY! What the HELL was that, huh?!" a crowd was forming, and Josh kept pressing. "Why would they DO that?! What did I do?! Oh, I know. I EXISTED!"

"Josh I- I'm sorry you ha-" Josh cut her off.

"You aren't the one responsible. I'm mad at those....those....monsters." Josh calmed down. "Anyways, they do it again, I will die, and honestly? I don't like the idea of dying." He huffed.

"...What would you like me to do?" That threw him through a loop. She wanted to help him? It was obvious she was sorry, but also a little mad for him holding things back. Still, Josh was trying to find every angle she could have. It never was just that easy.

"I'd like to speak to the ponies here."

"Then speak."

"Attention, you little demons!" Josh began. "Could you not? Please? Like, seriously, I know I look different, but nearly killing me?! Come on! Let's chill out, and talk about things next time. Oh, and don't do that again, or else." He ended his speech, then turned to Celestia. "Now, I'm pretty sure the others and you yourself have questions. Lets go answer them." And that's what they did.

"Look, I know you have questions," Josh told the ponies. "I'll answer them as best I can, but to be fair, I'd rather you didn't ask anything personal."

"First things first," Twilight began. "How did you fly?"

"Well it isn't completely flying...." He explained. "It's kind of like, Not being affected by the laws of physics." He 'flew' up. "See? I can do this for as long as I like, and I can go through solid objects."

"...What?" Was Twilight's intelligent response.

"Next. You with the hat! What's your name?"

"Ahm AppleJack! Ahm wonderin how strong are you?" The tan one asked.

"Well, I'm not godly, but you'd be hard-pressed if we were fighting." He answered."Next! How about you? The yellow one? What is your name?" She shrank into her mane. "Relax, we are all friendly here! 'Sides, I'd die if I fought any one of you." That got their attention.

"Josh...What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"I mean, on a scale of zero to one-hundered , zero being dead, one-hundered being perfectly healthy, I'm at one." They gasped. "Relax! Just don't hit me, and I won't die!" He said all too cheerfully. "Next!"

"Wait wait wait!" Twilight exclaimed. "We need to get you help!"

"Do you know of any pony doctors who know of the human body?" No answer. "Well, then I'll deal with it. NEXT! You! Whitey!"

"Must you be so rude?" She huffed out. "A good gentlestallion treats ladies with respect."

"Well, to answer your question, yeah, I do have to be that rude, because one: I'm not a 'gentlestallion'. Two: because I can. Three: Because you didn't tell me your name." Josh kept going. "NEEEXT! You! Pinky!"

"I was wonderingwhatyourfavoritecupcakewasordohumansnothavecupcakes!GASP!ohnothat'ssadhumansdon'thavecupcakeshowdidyouknowmynamewaspinkypieareyouaspymaybeyoulikecakesorchocol-!"

"Hold on there! Humans do have cupcakes, but no, I don't have a favorite, because I don't like cupcakes." He explained. The other five stood there, with their mouths wide open."What?...What?" Josh was confused.

"...You don't like cupcakes?"

"No. I don't. I never have liked sweets, at all really." Josh knew something was off about the pink one.

"How..how did you understand any of that?" Twilight asked flabbergasted.

"Oh, well, she's quite easy to understand really, you just have to listen for key words." Josh answered. "That's it. Time's up! So about that physgun? I have another one. And the one you took? Gone. I made it disappear. Anyways, yell for me when you need me, cause I'm gone!" With that, Josh noclipped through the ground, and went toward the forest. He came up through the ground, and found himself at a castle.

"Hmm. Castle. Old, in ruins? Loot!" Josh ran inside.



"This could be my base!"