• Published 30th Apr 2016
  • 5,215 Views, 24 Comments

Spike's Practice Date - Silver Topaz



Spike wants to see if he is prepared for a real date so he goes on a practice one. That makes sense right.

  • ...
16
 24
 5,215

The Date

Author's Note:

Sorry that I kinda skipped the entire date but I've been busy and it didn't really feel necessary for the story.

Next chapter I don't know when its coming out I got my finals and I need to study. I also have my other story so there's that.

Well hope you guys enjoy this chapter and if you don't well I have one more chapter left.

Starlight looked at herself in the mirror and giggled she didn't know why but she was happy and excited. Starlight was wearing just a plain yellow dress since she knew Spike wouldn't care what she was wearing, Rarity on the other hoof would probably have a panic attack if she saw what Starlight was wearing. Starlight started looking at herself in the mirror "do I really have feelings for Spike" Starlight thought to herself, she always felt happy around Spike and she always got angry or jealous when he would go somewhere with Rarity. Starlight sighed "who are you kidding Starlight look at you Rarity is much more beautiful than you" Starlight looked down how could she ever with a pony like Rarity, even now this is just practice so that Spike could ask Rarity out.

Starlight shook her head she wasn't about to start crying, "yeah he may be in love with Rarity but he's with you tonight so c'mon Starlight you can do it" Starlight thought to herself she wasn't going to let anything or anypony get in her way, today she was going to find out for sure if she had feelings for Spike and if she did she was going to tell him.

Spike stood by the door waiting for Starlight, he was wearing a tuxedo with a white shirt under it, a top hat and he also had a black cane, he needed to look good. Spike waited he already knew were they were going since Spike already made a reservation he was prepared he was bringing his A game.

"Sorry I took so long in ready" Spike looked at Starlight and she looked absolutely beautiful, Spike was used to seeing over the top beautiful dresses because of Rarity, he was also used to seeing a mare with a lot of makeup but Starlight didn't have either of these things, she looked so simple, she looked so normal and yet Spike would say that she looked absolutely beautiful. "How do I look Spike?" Starlight asked breaking Spike out of his thoughts.

"You look beautiful Starlight" this caused Starlight to start blushing again.

"Thanks Spike you look great to" Starlight smiled at Spike and he smiled back.

For some reason Spike was starting to feel warm "okay so are you ready to go" Spike said scratching the back of his head, Starlight knew Spike did that when he was getting nervous but she didn't say anything, Starlight nodded and both her and Spike left for their practice date.

Spike and Starlight walked towards the restaurant, the whole way was filled with awkward silence and the occasional glance but Spike decided to put an end to that, "Starlight thanks for doing this for me".

"No problem Spike I mean if it weren't for you I probably would have never rekindled my friendship with Sunburst" Spike looked at her with a confused look he didn't do anything did he "Spike you pushed me and in the end you gave me enough courage to go through with it" Spike thought about it and he did pushed her, when Twilight wanted to cancel the friendship lesson he stepped up and helped Starlight through it. Spike smiled he was always happy to help his friends, especially when he actually helps them and just doesn't make things worse.

Spike gave Starlight a smile and she returned it, he still felt weird there was something else he didn't feel before, especially around her but he felt it now Spike was confused was he getting sick or could it be something else. The rest of the trip was quite, but it wasn't the awkward kind of quite it was the type of silence that they both like.

Spike and Starlight finally made it to the restaurant, the restaurant itself looked pretty casual it wasn't a really fancy restaurant but it wasn't fast food either, the best way to describe it is take a dinner and combine it with a restaurant and there you go. Starlight liked it it wasn't super fancy but it was still pretty beautiful, Spike looked around and spotted one of his friends that worked here, he was a Pegasus stallion with a silver coat, a blue mane and tail, and his eyes looked like winter snow.

"Hey Spike back again I see and what do we have here you finally brought a date" the stallion had a calm voice and he apparently knew Spike.

"Hey yeah I'm back and yes she's my date sort of" the stallion looked at Starlight and smiled.

"Hello my name is Silver Breeze it's a pleasure to meet you".

"Hi my name is Starlight" Silver took Starlight's hoof and kissed it, Starlight thought it was weird but she knew it was something that some ponies do so she smiled.

Silver looked at Spike and the he looked at Starlight, Silver was a pony who likes to play pranks or mess with his friends and Spike knew this so he decided to have some fun. "Starlight has anypony told you how beautiful you are" Starlight was surprised by what he just said, Spike however wasn't to happy. Spike for some reason got angry about what Silver just said, Spike knew he was a huge flirt but still why was he getting angry him and Starlight were just friends nothing more.

Silver looked at Spike and grinned it was working "so judging by the angry look on his face he must really like Starlight my job here is done" Silver thought to himself. "Well before Spike kills me why don't I show you to your table" Spike now knew he was just messing with him, Starlight however had no idea what was going on.

The pair went inside and it really did look like a diner and a restaurant put together, there were many tables with ponies sitting and chatting, the seats were big like the ones on Sugar Cube Corner able to hold four ponies on each side, the tables were decorated like the tables you would find on some fancy restaurant and there were even to floors. Silver lead them up the stairs and into a balcony that you couldn't see from the first floor on her way to the balcony Starlight notice that the tables upstairs were set up to look more fancy.

"Here you go guys best seat in the house" the balcony had about five tables only and none of them were taken, well one of them was. Spike and Starlight sat on their table Starlight looked to her side and from the balcony you could see the castle perfectly and with the sunset it looked beautiful. Silver gave them their menus so they could look at them "what will it be for drinks".

"Just water for me please" Starlight knew this was a practice date but Spike really went all out, so she didn't really wanted to add more to the check. Spike apparently didn't care.

"Do you have some of those milkshakes with the jewels mixed into it" Silver nodded and Spike got really happy "I'll have one of those but put only sapphires in it their my favorite" Silver wrote it down and left to get the drinks.

Things went quite after that but Starlight wasn't going to let this chance go to waste, "this is an interesting place do you come here often?" Starlight said the first thing that popped into her head. Usually on dates you would ask about each other's interest and ask were are they from and all that but Starlight already knew that, so she went for something else.

Spike looked at Starlight he couldn't believe she never came to this place before. "Yeah I love this place you get so many options" Spike really liked this place, he knew how to cook but there were just those days he was to tired, so he would always come here. Although he usually came alone this is the first time he came with one of his friends. Spike looked at Starlight and smiled he was actually happy that he wasn't alone, it then dawned on Spike that even though this was a practice date it was still his first. Spike always wanted his first date to be with Rarity, but weirdly enough he didn't really care he was happy that Starlight was here.

Silver then came by with their drinks and asked what they would like to order. Starlight took the menu using her magic and looked through the options. She was impressed with all of the choices there were so many. Starlight in the end took a salad that had different fruits put into it. Spike asked for the usual which was another salad but this one had gems in it. Starlight was surprised that dragons could love gems so much and when it came to Spike he practically couldn't survive without them.

Spike finally decided to start talking "Starlight thanks again for doing this for me I'm actually glad that I'm not alone" Starlight stared at Spike and smiled. Spike stared at the castle in the distance "I know Rarity is going to love this place.

Starlight looked sad but decided to not let Spike see her like this, she did however decided to ask something she had been wondering for a while, "Spike why do you like Rarity?" Spike looked at Starlight shocked that she would ask that.

"Well she's really beautiful".

"Spike don't you think the others are beautiful what about me you said I'm beautiful" Spike actually didn't know how to answer that, obviously his other friends were beautiful but to him Rarity was just more beautiful.

"Well I guess it's true what they say beauty it's in the eye of the beholder" Spike said sounding very confident.

"Spike you still haven't answered the question" Starlight said thinking Spike didn't have an answer.

"Why do you care so much about this?" Spike was starting to get a little bit angry at this point.

"Because Rarity doesn't feel the same way and maybe there's somepony that actually does" Starlight said she was now sure about it, after thinking about how happy she would feel around Spike, to how jealous she would get when Rarity was around, she couldn't deny it anymore, she was actually in love with Spike.

Starlight stared directly at Spike and judging by his angry expression she could tell he probably didn't feel the same way. Spike glared at Starlight "Starlight just drop it I like Rarity and she likes me so don't say that again" Spike's voice was filled with anger, Starlight knew any chance she had to win Spike over were gone. She lost and Rarity won.

Starlight sighed and she held back tears "okay Spike if that's what you want". The food arrived and the rest of the dinner was quite. Spike didn't even look at Starlight, while Starlight was filled with sadness. She was going to be forced to watch the one she loved go after another mare, a mare that didn't even loved him.

When Spike and Starlight finished eating Spike paid the bill and they left. The walk home was even more quite Spike just wanted to get home and Starlight stared at the ground. Half way there however Starlight decided to say something.

"You know Spike Rarity doesn't feel the same way" Starlight said her voice sounded sad and she never stopped looking at the ground.

Spike turned around and glared at Starlight again. "Why are you doing this?" Starlight looked directly at Spike her eyes filled with tears "what is your problem!" Spike yelled his voice filled with anger.

Starlight looked at Spike "she's my problem she doesn't love you but I do!" Starlight also yelled but her voice was sad and tears started to come out, thank Celestia nopony was around or they would all probably be staring at them.

Spike angry look was replaced with a confused look "you what?".

"I love you Spike and she doesn't" Starlight was now crying "but you still love her I thought tonight I could show you how I truly feel but now I know you don't feel the same way". Spike just stared at Starlight he couldn't believe she actually felt like that. Starlight looked at Spike tears were running down her face "I'm sorry Spike" with that Starlight started running tears falling even faster down her face. She didn't know were she was going but she knew she needed to get away.

Spike stood there not doing anything. Starlight just confessed her feelings for him and he had no idea what to do. Spike thought about all the moments he spent with Rarity, and he enjoyed every moment he spent with her. Then he thought about all the moments he spent with Starlight, and he actually felt more happy than the times he spent with Rarity, he also thought about how he felt when he saw her in that dress and how happy he felt when she agreed to go on a date with him, he also remembered how he felt when he thought Silver was going to start flirting with Starlight.

It finally dawned on Spike. He was in love with Starlight, he just couldn't see it until now. Spike looked in the direction that Starlight ran and he started running in the same direction. He was such an idiot he had the perfect mare right in front of him and he ignored her. Spike ran and hoped that it wasn't to late to tell her how he felt.