• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 4,442 Views, 163 Comments

Equestrian Skies - RomeoDKat



[HiE] A slice of life story of a human's life as the adopted sibling of Cloudchaser and Flitter.

  • ...
6
 163
 4,442

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

There were several things Blue Typhoon wanted to do this afternoon. Get some shopping done. Do a bit of gardening. Maybe even finish that novel she was reading. What she didn’t want to do was go to the schoolhouse to talk to the teacher about Cloudchaser’s behavior…again.

A small part of Blue was wishing that it was because Cloudchaser was simply misbehaving at school, but larger part of her knew that that wasn’t the case. Cloudchaser was by no means a bad filly at school. She listened to the teacher, she did her school work, and usually got along with most of the other foals. But, every now and then, she would get into fights with one filly in particular. Usually when said filly mocked Sky Chaser around her. She probably wouldn’t be thinking that this wasn’t the case this time, if Blue hadn’t already been called to the school six times for that reason. The only difference this time was that Blue didn’t come alone.

Because Storm Chaser was still at work, Blue was forced to bring Sky Chaser with her as she held his hand with her wing. Most ponies that didn’t know who Sky was would have found the sight odd, since he was nearly as tall as she was. Then again, those ponies also wouldn’t have known that Sky was only five years old. He was wearing a red shirt and brown shorts while he had a pair of shoes that his parents managed to get a cobbler to make. In his free hand, he held a coloring book and a box of crayons that Blue told him to carry with him. He had a worried look on his face as he looked up at his mother’s frustrated look.

Once they reached the schoolhouse, Blue turned to Sky and said, “Now, I need to talk to somepony about something important. Why don’t you sit down at one of the desks and play around with your book?” She asked with a smile, pointing a hoof to the coloring book.

“Okay, mommy.” Sky replied with a nod.

Blue nodded at him before saying, “Good colt. Now, come on.” She opened the door and held it for Sky. When she entered she saw four ponies sitting around the teacher’s desk. One of them was Cloudchaser, who was looking back at Blue with a nervous look and her right eye sporting a very visible black eye. The other filly, who was sitting a good distance away from Cloudchaser, was the filly Blue recognized as Spoiled Milk, the one Cloudchaser usually had problems with. The fur on her snout was a bit matted, which Blue guessed was because the teacher had to wash it after Spoiled Milk’s nose stopped bleeding. Sitting next to her was a maroon earth pony mare with a bright red mane and tail. She had a set of black pearls around her neck that looked similar to her cutie mark. This mare Blue recognized as Spoiled Milk’s mother, Soy Milk, who’s oranges eyes were glaring straight at Blue. Sitting behind the desk was the spectacled white mare Blue knew as the teacher, Mrs. Whiteboard, her black mane and tail both done up in a bun and her cutie mark depicting a whiteboard..

“Ah, Blue Typhoon.” Mrs. Whiteboard politely greeted. “I see you finally made it. Please, have a seat.” She said, gesturing a hoof towards the empty seat to Cloudchaser’s left.

“Of course, Mrs. Whiteboard.” Blue relied as she led Sky Chaser to an empty desk. When Sky Chaser was seated, she took the seat that Mrs. Whiteboard pointed to. “So, what did my daughter do this time?” She said in a frustrated tone as she looked over at Cloudchaser, who was trying her best to avoid making eye contact with her.

“Well,” Mrs. Whiteboard began as she adjusted her glasses, “your daughter got into another fight with Spoiled Milk.”

“Why am I not surprised.” Blue muttered in annoyance and frustration.

“Yes, I’m sure you’re not. However, you’ll probably be slightly happy over the fact that Cloudchaser wasn’t the one who threw the first punch.” She added as her gaze shifted to Spoiled Milk.

“I beg your pardon!” A flabbergasted Soy Milk interrupted. “But are you suggesting that my daughter started the fight?!”

“Actually, I am, since I saw the whole thing.” Mrs. Whiteboard stated matter-of-factly. “Your daughter was the one who instigated the fight when she walked up to Cloudchaser and started saying some things to her. I couldn’t hear what she was saying to her, but some of the other foals later told me that she was insulting somepony named Sky Chaser.” She said as her eyes glanced over to Sky.

I should have known. Blue thought before asking, “And then what happened?”

“Well, by the looks of things, Cloudchaser shared some insults back. And right as I was about to step in, Spoiled Milk struck Cloudchaser. Cloudchaser, of course, struck back and a fight broke out between the two. I literally had the pull the two of them apart to get the two of them to stop fighting.” She said in a slightly raised voice as she glared at both fillies. She then turned to Blue before saying, “Mrs. Typhoon, I called you in here to tell you what happened with Cloudchaser and that, because she got into a fight in school, I will be implementing some disciplinary action, including holding her after school for detention.”

“Yes, of course. I understand.” Blue replied with a nod.

“Alright then. You’re free to go, Mrs. Typhoon.” Mrs. Whiteboard said with a polite smile.

“Thank you, Mrs. Whiteboard.” Blue said as she got up. “Cloudchaser. Sky Chaser. We’re leaving.” Blue said as she went over to Sky to help him put away his belongings.

“Now wait just a moment!” Soy Milk yelled out, causing Blue and her kids to pause. “You can’t just let that…that…thug just walk out like that! Just look at my daughter!” She exclaimed pointing a hoof at Spoiled Milk. “You told me that she had a bloody snout! Are you telling me that you’re allowing the filly who did this to just walk away?!”

Mrs. Whiteboard’s smile fell to a hard glare as she turned towards Soy Milk. “As a matter of fact, I am, because there’s several things that you apparently don’t understand. Cloudchaser will be punished, but only to the extent of fighting in school. Your daughter, on the other hoof, clearly needs discipline both at home and at school, because this isn’t the first time I’ve had an issue with your daughter and it’s clear by your reaction that you think it’s anypony’s fault but hers. And while I’ve had issues with Cloudchaser before, I know through previous conversations I’ve had with Mrs. Typhoon that she has disciplined her daughter for her actions. Even then, the only thing Cloudchaser’s guilty of is fighting back against somepony” She then stared Soy Milk right in the eye as she said, “Meanwhile, your daughter is guilty of doing each of the following. One, approaching somepony with malicious intent. Two, instigated a confrontation by trying to get under Cloudchaser’s skin. And three, throwing the first punch that started the fight. Oh, by the way, should I mention that your daughter’s three years older than Cloudchaser.” She then noticed that Blue was still standing there with her kids right beside her. “Go on, Mrs. Typhoon. You’re free to go.” She said giving her a smile that made Blue feel uneasy.

“Um, right. Come on, kids.” She said as she used both wings to lead her kids out of the schoolhouse. Once outside, she let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. Right as she was about to start walking, she heard her daughter nervously say, “Mommy?”

“What is it, sweetie?” Blue asked as she turned to face her daughter.

“Am I in trouble?” Cloudchaser asked as she looked up at her mother nervously.

Blue stared at her in thought for a few seconds before responding, “Well, I think that the punishment your teacher is giving you at school should be enough this time.” She began to say, causing Cloudchaser to perk up a little. “But, you will be punished the next time you get into another fight at school.”

“But she started it!” Cloudchaser argued as she pointed a hoof at the schoolhouse.

“I don’t care who started it! I told you the last time that you should know better than to get into fights at school, but then you got into another fight for the same reason!” Blue yelled back, causing Cloudchaser to flinch. She then took a deep breath before saying, “Look, I know you’re protective over Sky and I’m glad you are, but fighting everypony that says mean things isn’t the way to go about it. Ponies who do that are trying to get you to do something stupid. Do you understand?” Blue asked as she sternly stared her daughter in the eye.

“…Yes, mommy.” Cloudchaser eventually answered.

“Good, now come on. We’re going home.” Blue gently said as she started to lead the way.

Cloudchaser hung her head down in shame. She was about to follow her mother home only to stop when Sky suddenly ran up to her and hugger her. “Please don’t fight, Cloudchaser! I hate seeing you get hurt!” He pleaded as he tightened his hug. Cloudchaser’s eyes began to tear up as she gave him a small smile and returned the hug. Blue couldn’t help but smile as well as she watched her children hug each other.

“Oh, how sweet. The thug and the ape embracing each other. How fitting.” A posh and arrogant voice suddenly said from the schoolhouse’s entry way.

Blue frowned as she turned to find Soy Milk and Spoiled Milk walking out of the schoolhouse. “I’m expecting an apology.” She said in a low voice.

“Or you’ll what? Punch me?” Soy Milk mockingly asked. Blue just stood there glaring daggers at her. “Hmph, well if she doesn’t get it from you, then I’d hate to see what your husband’s like.” She said with a smug smile.

It took every ounce of willpower that Blue had to not beat the mare down where she stood. Now Blue, remember that lecture you just had with Cloudchaser. She thought to herself. The last thing these kids need to see is to watch me murder a mare…no matter how tempting it is.

“Now if you don’t mind,” Soy Milk suddenly said, “I need to get my daughter home so that I’m not late for my hair appointment. I have to get my perm done.” She hauntingly stated as she walked off with her daughter in tow.

Blue just stood there with a blank expression for a moment. Then, a devious smile began to slowly form as a wicked wicked plan came into mind. A non-violent plan, but still wicked. One that her kids really shouldn’t watch her follow through. Thankfully, she had a friend who’s stand wasn’t close to the hair salon. “Hey kids, why don’t we make a stop on the way home. I have to do something today.” She said, her smile never wavering.


Business was running steadily for Dry Sherry that afternoon. A few ponies came by her stall for an expensive drink to celebrate something while others came by to get something cheap to get drunk on. It wasn’t exactly the bar she wanted, but that was still in the works for her. “Hey, Dry Sherry!” She suddenly heard a mare’s voice call out.

She turned towards the source of the voice and smiled when she saw who it was. “Hey Blue. How’s it going?” She greeted cheerfully.

“Oh, pretty well I guess.” Blue said nonchalantly. “Hey, do you mind watching the kids for a moment?” She asked with a hopeful smile.

Dry Sherry raised an eyebrow as she looked over at the two kids and noticed Cloudchaser’s black eye. “Let me guess, Cloudchaser got into another fight with Spoiled Milk again?” She quietly asked with a dry look.

“Of course, she did. Although, she wasn’t the one who started the fight this time.” Blue said dryly in an equally quiet tone.

“That’s good, I guess. But did Soy believe that?” Dry Sherry asked, although she already knew the answer.

“Of course she didn’t. She even went as far as to insult my family as she left the school.” Blue informed in an annoyed tone.

“Damn. So, what you’re saying is that you want me to watch your kids while you go out to get revenge?” She asked with an amused smile.

“Yep, that bitch made the mistake of telling me that she was getting a perm done before she left. So, I’m going to go find a cloud and dump rain water on her once she leaves the hair salon.” She said with a proud smile.

Dry Sherry scoffed at her answer. “cone on, Blue. You’re better than that.” She then pulled out a permanent marker and a full bottle of beer from behind her stall. She then wrote something on the bottle’s label. “Use this instead.” She said as she handed the bottle to Blue.

“How much do I owe you.” Blue asked as she took the bottle.

“Considering some of the things that mare’s said to me, consider it-”

“On the house?” Blue interrupted in order to finish Dry Sherry’s sentence.

“A donation.” Dry Sherry said with a sly smile.

“…Dry, I could kiss you right now.” Blue happily replied.

“I hate to disappoint you, but I’m not into mares.” Dry said with a chuckle.

“Neither am I.” Blue said with a grin.

“Hmm.” Dry hummed with an amused smile.

Blue turned to her kids and said, “Now, mommy needs to do something really quickly. You two stay with Mrs. Sherry and do everything she says. Okay?”

“Yes mommy.” The two equally confused children answered.

“Alright, be good you two. I’ll be right back.” She said, giving the both of them a kiss on the forehead before flying off towards the hair salon.

As they watched Blue go off, Sky walked up to Dry Sherry and said, “Mrs. Sherry. What is mommy doing?”

“Well…” Dry Sherry dragged out, thinking of a creative answer. “Your mother has some dirt that she needs to wash off and make sure somepony gets a very important message.” She explained.

“Really, because it sounded like you and mommy were talking about something else?” Cloudchaser asked.

“Hey, I have an idea!” Dry Sherry quickly exclaimed. “Why don’t the two of you work on that coloring book of yours instead of worrying about what your mother’s doing, okay?” She said in a tone that made it sound more like a request.

Cloudchaser and Sky looked at each other at each other with a raised eyebrow. Both of them wanted to get Dry Sherry to explain what Blue was up to, but neither of them knew how to go about it. So, the two of them decided that it was best to do what they were told and began to work on the coloring book together.


“There you are Mrs. Milk. How does it look.” The hair stylist said as she turned the chair so that Soy Milk could see her new perm.

Soy Milk took some time to inspect her hair before saying, “It looks adequate enough, so I guess it’ll do.”

“Very well, ma’am.” The hair stylist said as she let Soy Milk out of the chair and led her to the front counter. “That’ll be sixty-three bits.” She informed with a smile.

After Soy Milk payed the hair stylist, she exited the hair salon and said, “Now that that’s out of the way,” She began to say to herself. “It’s time for me to-” But she was interrupted when she started to feel a stream of liquid pour on her head. She immediately started to panic when she recognized the scent of beer. Once the liquid stopped pouring, she tried to look around for the pony responsible only to jump when she heard a bottle fall nearby. She turned to find the bottle over to her right with something scribbled on the label. She then grabbed the bottle and read what was on the label.

That’s for insulting another mare’s family, you arrogant bitch.

-Dry Sherry

P.S. You and your husband are banned from my stand.

Soy Milk began to fume, and she looked furiously at the sky for any sign of Blue Typhoon, knowing full well that she was the one who poured beer on her mane. When she couldn’t find her, all she could do was scream in rage.

All the while, she didn’t know that Blue was hiding behind a nearby rooftop just chuckling at Soy’s misfortune. Oh, that was satisfying. She thought to herself as she flew off the roof and back towards Dry Sherry’s stand. Now to bring the kids home and start getting dinner together. Hopefully Storm’s home in time for dinner.


Storm wasn’t home for dinner, which meant that he had to work overtime tonight. It also meant that Blue had to cook dinner, clean the kitchen, and get the kids ready for bed all by herself. Needless to say, the first thing she did once the kids were asleep was just flop down on the bed and message her temples in order to alleviate the stress.

Suddenly, she heard the front door open and slam shut. Storm’s finally home. She thought to herself as she leaned up to watch the door. A few seconds later, Storm came inside and closed the door behind him. He looked exhausted and frustrated. “Hey honey. Rough day at work?” Blue tiredly greeted.

“You have no idea.” Storm tiredly replied. “You know how we have a rainstorm scheduled for tomorrow evening?” Blue nodded. “Well, the idiots at distribution managed to confuse rain clouds with hail clouds.” Blue facehoofed immediately after hearing that. “So, I ended up having to stay late to make sure the hail clouds got returned and that we got the right clouds in.”

“Oh, Celestia, why did they even have hail clouds in the first place?!” Blue exclaimed.

“I don’t know.” Storm tiredly replied as he got on the bed with her. “So, what happened with you?”

“Well, Cloudchaser got into another fight at school today, so I had to deal with that.” Blue began to explain.

“Let me guess, Spoiled Milk again?”

“Yep. Although, if it makes you feel better, Cloudchaser didn’t throw the first punch.” She said dryly.

“Eh, I guess it does.” Storm answered tiredly. “What happened after that.”

“Well, I ruined Soy Milk’s perm.” Blue said proudly.

“…Why?” Storm asked worryingly.

“Because she insulted my children and insinuated that you’re violent!” Blue exclaimed.

“Oh…did you use rainwater?” He asked.

“Even better. Dry gave some beer. You should have seen how furious Soy was when she couldn’t find me.” Blue cheerfully explained as she began to giggle.

Storm have out a hearty laugh. “Oh, I needed to hear something like that today. What happened after that?” He asked after he calmed down.

“Oh, you know. Trying to run a house with two kids while preparing dinner…by myself.” She explained.

“Oh.” He simply replied as his smile shifted to a frown. “I’m sorry I didn’t get home earlier to help you.”

“Honey, I’d rather do that than get hailed on tomorrow.” Blue jokingly replied, causing both of them to chuckle. They just laid there in silence for there in silence for a moment before Blue suddenly asked. “Hey, remember the night Sky Chaser arrived.”

“How could I not. It’s pretty hard to forget about a time that a foal suddenly appears in your backyard.” He replied.

“Hmm, true.” She said as she slowly rolled on top of him. “But I was referring to what we were originally going to do that night.” She said seductively.

It didn’t take long for Storm to realize what she was referring to. “You sure you want to do that tonight?” He asked with a smirk.

“Hey, you’ve had a bad day. I’ve had a bad day. We might as well end it on a good note.” She said before leaning down to his ear and whispered. “Besides, I think that night is long overdue.”

“Well, in that case.” He said as he suddenly flipped Blue over on her back and loomed over her. “Let’s end this bad day properly.” He said before giving Blue a passionate kiss.


Cloudchaser was in the process of dozing off to sleep. Key word, was. She probably would have fallen asleep had she not have heard a faint noise coming from downstairs. She thought nothing of it at first, but then the noises got louder. And the more she heard, the more she recognized the noises as moaning. Then she realized who the moaning sounded like. Is that…mommy. She thought.

“Yes…yes…come on…come on!” She heard her mother yell out.

What are mommy and daddy doing? Cloudchaser asked herself. She was about to head downstairs when she suddenly heard Blue yell out something.

“Come on…buck me…buck me!”

B-buck. Cloudchaser thought. Her mind immediately thinking back to Mrs. Whiteboard’s lesson about the Apple Family farm and their farming practices. Particularly, the parts about them bucking apples from the trees. Mommy wants daddy to kick her?! But...why?!

Suddenly, she heard her door open and close. She turned to find Sky rushing up to her bed. “Cloudchaser, are mommy and daddy fighting?” A frightened Sky asked.

“I-I don’t know.” Cloudchaser fearfully replied, flinching when she heard loud screaming coming from downstairs.

“Cloudchaser, I’m scared. Can I sleep in your bed tonight?” Sky pleadingly asked.

Cloudchaser nodded as she moved over and lifted the covers up. Sky quickly got in the bed and held his older sister as they waited for the “fight” to end. “Harder…harder!” They heard Blue yell out. They held each other tighter when they heard a particularly loud scream from their mother. And then…silence. Neither of them dared move to see what happened, opting to lay in bed huddled together and try to fall asleep.


The next morning, Blue took a seat at the kitchen table and accepted a glass of orange juice from her husband. She would have helped him make breakfast, but, unsurprisingly, she found standing for long periods of time difficult. Suddenly, both Cloudchaser and Sky came in the kitchen with nervous looks on their faces. Those looks turned to surprised looks when they found that their mother didn’t have a single injury on her.

“Hey kids, what’s wrong?” Blue asked when she noticed them.

The two of them shuffled in place nervously before Cloudchaser shakingly asked, “Mommy…um…were you and daddy fighting last night?”

Blue stared blankly at them while Storm immediately stopped what he was doing as soon as the question was asked. “N-no…why do you ask?” Blue eventually said.

“B-because we heard you last night.” Sky admitted.

Every gear in both Blue’s and Storm’s heads just stopped. Neither of them knew how to respond to this and having “the talk” with children that aren’t even close to being teenagers was out of the question. “Um…well, you see.” Blue began to nervously explain. “We weren’t fighting. We were…um…”

“Practicing for a play.” Storm suddenly chimed in.

“Yes, that’s it!” Practicing for a play.” Blue immediately agreed, deciding to just run with it.

“Really?” Cloudchaser asked in confusion. “What play?”

“Oh, just some…adult play.” Blue dismissively replied, thankful that they weren’t catching on to her nervous expression. “Nothing that you interest the two of you.”

“Yeah, beside I’m pretty sure we’re not going to be in it.” Storm added in.

“Then why did you practice last night.” Cloudchaser asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh, well…it was because of a…dare.” Blue shakingly explained.

“You mean like truth or dare?” Cloudchaser asked.

“Yes, like truth or dare.” Blue said a little too quickly.

“Who dare you?”

“Um…Dry Sherry.” Blue replied, saying the first name that came to mind.

“Oh, is that you and Mrs. Sherry were talking about.” Sky asked.

“Yes, that’s right. And I told daddy about it when he came home last night.” Blue explained, thankful with how things played out. “Now why don’t you to get washed up and don’t worry, your father and I are fine.”

“Okay, mommy!” Both Cloudchaser and Sky exclaimed before running up to the bathroom.

As soon as they were gone, Storm immediately turned to Blue and said, “I thought you put them to bed last night.”

“I did! We must have woken them up last night.” Blue replied frantically. She took a few gulps of her orange juice before saying, “Well, at least we were able to convince them that we were up to something else.”

“True, although we’re probably going to have to get them to sleep at somepony else’s house if we ever want to have sex again.” Storm jokingly said.

“Or at least tape our mouths shut.” Blue said with a chuckle as she took another sip from her juice. At that moment, however, her eyes widened when what she told her children finally caused her to realize something. “Oh no.” She shakingly said when she put the glass down.

“What is it?” Storm asked in concern.

“We just covered the fact that we had sex last night by telling our foals that we were dared to practice for a play…by Dry Sherry.” Blue explained.

“…She’ll never let us live this down, will she?” He asked.

“Nope.”