• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 3,458 Views, 214 Comments

Chronicles of the Planeswalkers - Eagle Heart



A story about two hilarious universe travelers who happen to be badasses who happen to love bacon. Hope you guys enjoy and get a couple good yuks out of it!

  • ...
25
 214
 3,458

The First Jump

Redik tilts his head in confusion, "Planeswalkers?"

Aquila nods at Redik, then turns to Celestia and asks, "What exactly is a Planeswalker?"

Celestia already has her answer prepared the instant he asked his question, "Travelers who are able to cross between many worlds."

Aquila nods in understanding. As for Redik, he is still very confused about the situation.

Aquila says, "I guess that would explain our random mezzi di trasporto (transportation) to here."

Redik finally begins to catch up on the conversation and asks, "Well... are we the only ones?"

Celestia shakes her head in denial of Redik's obvious question, "There is a another...a resident in Ponyville."

Aquila raises a brow and the two ponies just let out simultaneously, "What?! Who?!"

Celestia looks at them both answering both their questions, "The one known as Doctor Whooves."

Twilight and Rainbow's jaws just completely unhinge in utter shock. Twilight eventualy says, "Him?!" with a large amount of shock in her voice.

Rainbow stays frozen in that dumbfounded and suprised look, eventually recovering, but still in shock about it being someone she saw in town almost every day.

Celestia nods in confirmation, "I have given you all the information I know about the Planeswalkers. I'm afraid if you want more information, your going to have to speak with him. Also, it seems to be just about time for Luna's night, I will arrange for your own personal quarters for you all to sleep in until morning."

Aquila holds his hand up, palm facing Celestia, the gesture saying 'say no more' he then says to her, "I will just go find myself a comfterble spot on top of the castle, to be under the stars and appreciate the vast expanses of space." He is a little tired having to explain himself the reason why he does not sleep inside.

Redik just shrugs at Celestia as she gives Redik a questioning look.

They all left and went to their own quarters within the castle. Aquila climbing to the top and laying down on the roof of the highest tower. He looks at the stars and pointing out constellations to himself, waiting for sleep to arrive so he can dream and get some well needed rest.


*Morning.*

After a good night's sleep from all of them, they all met back at the gates to the castle, saying their goodbyes to the princess and returning to their chariots that had been arranged to bring them back to Ponyville. They enter the chariots the same way they did last time, Aquila and Twilight, and Rainbow Dash and Redik.

As they flew through the sky, Redik decides to ask the two ponies, "So what can you tell us on this 'Doctor Whooves' fella?"

Twilight decides to explain before Rainbow could, "Well, he's a brown colored pony, rather spiky mane, his cutie mark is a hour glass, he is obviously a Doctor of some sort. Honestly, thats all we know of him, we've only seen him around town, never actually met him."

Aquila nods, "Then we will have to see how he is when we meet him... let's hope he's not a pazzo (crazy) madman who raises the dead to do his bidding."

After about an hour of flying and small talk, they finally land and thank the guards as they get off their chariots, the guards make their way back to Canterlot shortly after.

They all begin to walk back through the town.

Aquila looks around and seems to notice that the rest of the ponies have rather started to get used to them. He smiles at this and says to the group, "Seems that the local residents have finally made peace with our arrival."

They all agree in unison.

After a couple minutes, Redik decides to ask, "Hey, what exactly is the name of this town? We never did ask."

Twilight chuckles, "This is Ponyville, a generally quiet place until you guys arrived."

Aquila replies, "Fitting name, and sorry for all the trouble we've caused."

Rainbow cuts in, "Oh don't worry about that! This place was starting to get boring anyways."

They eventually arrive to one of the buildings, it had the pretty basic look, not an appartment, but not a single home either.

Aquila walks up to the door and knocks on it, "Hello, anypony home?"

The door opens up to reveal a gray colored pony with a blonde mane and tail, "Oh! Are you guys looking for the doctor?"

They all nod at the pony.

She quickly leaves the door, after a couple minutes of muffled and distant voices, the brown pony, presumably Doctor Whooves, arrives at the door, as soon as he sees the two humans, he jumps back, "AH! My Celestia! Humans!"

Aquila says "Doctor Whooves I presume? Yes, we are humans, may we come in?"

The doctor nods and moves out of the way to let them in.

They walk in and observe the area, it is a laboratory, full of the best technology Equestria has to offer and some that didn't even come from Equestria. Especially, the strange machine that almost looked like a phonebooth more toward the back of the lab.

Redik says as he walks in, "Now i think i know why he's called Doctor..."

The doctor points to the various seats in the lab, "Please everyone, sit. What do you require of me?"

Aquila takes note of the british accent the doctor had...he has heard no other pony with one such as that, "We know what you are."

The doctor raised a brow, "Whatever do you mean?"

Redik just blurts out, "A planeswalker!"

The Doctor gains a look of shock on his face and a small bit of fear, "Who told you what I was?!"

Aquila replies to the question with, "Princess Celestia did."

The grey pony is sitting on her haunches just watching the conversation with just as much interest as confusion.

The doctor calms down a bit as he hears his Princess's name,sure she had a good reason for telling them? "Well if she did, does that mean you are too?" he asks.

Both Aquila and Redik nod.

Aquila says, "Though we have not learned how to travel between worlds, we came here by accident. We were hoping you could teach us."

The doctor nods, "I can, its rather easy once you get used to it, i've been doing it for years until i finally settled here."

Redik jumps out of his seat, "Well lets get started then!"

The doctor takes them out the laboratory, out of town, and to an open field outside of town.

He begins to instruct the two how to do it, "With more training and practice you two will be able to jump through planes at will. All you have to do, is focus on the energy inside you, allow it to flow through yourself and into the form of a portal in front of you. It will take you to where you wish to go, and when you do it again from the world your in, it should bring you back to where it was originally created."

They both nodded, both of them taking mental notes.

Aquila says to Redik, "Redik, you try first, you seem to be the one who knows more about magia(magic). That and I could get an example of what is required."

Redik nods and does as he is instructed, after a few minutes of trying and focusing, he finally gets it. "Ha! I did it!"

The portal has this yellow glow to it, and aura of heat and energy surrounding it. When looked into, nothing but a black void could be seen inside. The portal floating a few inches off the ground and letting out a light hum, the same kind a large electrical device makes.

They all clap congradulating Redik on his success.

Aquila tries, taking a bit longer than Redik, but eventually getting it right after a large amount of tries. the portal opens, but something looked off... it appears unstable. It twitches and moves a little, the hum warping in and out, the aura feeling strange, and the glow blinking on and off. Twilight and Rainbow walk a bit closer to inspect it as it acts weirder and weirder, then it suddenly lets out a bright flash and sucks them all in!

Leaving Doctor Whooves behind all by himself, "This can't be good..."

The four find themselves piled on top of each other as the flash fades.

Aquila being at the bottom, he stands pushing the others off and they object quite a bit but he ignores them and looks around, it appeared to be...EARTH?! It was different though nothing like what Aquila was used to, it was futuristic, strange, rundown, polluted, the list goes on of it's horribleness.

"Mio dio ... che cosa è questa mostruosità della mia casa?!(My god...what is this monstrosity of my home?!)" Aquila yells.

The rest look around.

Redik speaks to the group, "Hmmm, I have a feeling this isn't the same earth you are used to, I believe this is an alternate plane, because in Theory, since we are 'Planeswalkers' that could mean not just one plane, but many..."

Aquila stops Redik before he can continue, "No matter, i need to find out what's going on" he looks around again, the buildings seemed strange, rundown, the sky almost pure ash and the paved streets empty and devoid of life, he continues to look until he finds a building with lights and the sounds of yelling.

The group walks inside to see a large crowd of people surrounding a ring, one that is normally is seen in boxing or wrestling matches. Two men are fighting each other up there in a brutal battle, eventually, one of them throws the other to the ground and knocks him out. They both hear and announcer speak, "Who's next?! Come try for a chance to win some money!" The announcer looks around to see the rather well dressed Aquila standing there, "You! You'll be an interesting opponent!" A man in shreds of clothes, rather dirty and mean looking gets into the ring.

Before Aquila could object two men grab him and push him toward the ring, Twilight and Rainbow trying to yell above the crowd's yells, but to no avail, Redik just watches, not used to this kind of animosity, he was a little worried for his friend.

Aquila just grunts and climbs into the ring.

The announcer yells into the microphone, "Basic rules! No weapons! First one to death or more preferrably knock out looses!" He brings his hands up and throws them down, he yells "Fight!" while doing so.

Listen to this for added epicness until the chapter is over.

The man charges at Aquila and sends his left fist straight for Aquila's face.

Aquila grabs the arm with his right hand and moves it to his left, he then kicks the man in the back of his left knee, causing him to fall down to one knee. Aquila then lets go and kicks the man in the side of the head. His expression showing no emotion as he fights. He takes no joy in hurting someone that does not truly deserve it, to his knowledge.

The man gets back up and wipes his mouth, he sends a right hook.

Aquila ducks down and back flips as soon as the arm passes over his head. His right foot connects with the man's chin and he is sent flying across the ring. Aquila lands and stumbles back and onto the ropes, he holds his back for a second, "Sto diventando troppo vecchio per questo...(I'm getting too old for this...)" he says to himself. Returning his attention to the fight, he charges the man and he does the same. Aquila leaps and brings his knees and elbows in front of him, his full body weight smashing into the man's upper body, sending him straight to the floor and his face a mess of blood, Aquila lands on his feet and turns around.

The man slowly gets up, his face a bloody mess, he barely stands up, wobbling a little almost impossible to tell when and if he's going to fall down, he sends a slow and lazy last attempt right hook at Aquila.

Aquila catches the arm and spins sending the man to the ground, he stomps his foot on the man's shoulder, breaking it and dislocating it. He then stomps on the man's face.

The man lay there unmoving, clearly out cold. Aquila just grunts and hops out of the ring, he looks around for Redik and the two ponies, he finds Twilight and Rainbow in a corner staying out of sight from the croud.

Aquila says to them "Come on we need to leave!"

They both were shivering a little, not used to this kind of chaos... Discord wasn't even as bad as this.

"Y-yeah, t-time to go!" Twilight says.

Aquila looks around again and notices Redik watching the fights, he rushes over, pushing through the crowd, he eventually reaches him and yells to him "Come on, its time to go!" putting his hand on Redik's shoulder, shaking it a little to get his attention.

Redik nods and follows Aquila to the door.

But then, three men are standing there, stopping Aquila in their path, the lead holding a gun to Aquila's torso and the others holding theirs out in case they need to shoot something.

The leader of the three says, "Ah ah ah. Someone as skilled as you does not simply just walk out of this fight club... you're going to make us big money. Heh heh heh."

Aquila just growls from under his hood, he quickly grabs the gun and spins, causing the man to do the same, he brings the man's gun arm onto his shoulder and pulls down, breaking it, Aquila catches the gun with his other hand and aims it at one of the guards, firing as he turns to use the leader as a meat shield for an incoming gunshot. He drops the now dead weight and throws the gun at the last guard.

The guard goes stumbling back and hits the wall.

Before the guard falls down Aquila is already in the air and slams his elbow into the top of the man's head, as the guard falls forward he catches him by the neck and twists it, breaking it with a loud crack.

Redik and the two ponies could only watch in astonishment at the Assassin's skill, who would have thought that a man of his age could still move like that?.

Aquila turns to see more guards rushing through the crowds, he turns his head around to the two ponies and human. "Stay here!" he yells as he runs and jumps, running a couple steps along the wall and side-flipping, while twisting his torso to the left a little, he sends his right foot down onto the top of the first guard's head. He lands and holds his back it aching from all this sudden movement. "Merda, che sta per essere domani dolente!(Shit, that is going to be sore tomorrow!)" he ducks under an incoming fist from behind, he sends his foot left back straight into the guard's knee, breaking it and causing him to fall, Aquila gets back into a crouch and quickly backflips onto the fallen and screaming guard's back and breaks his neck with a loud snap as he does so. He rolls forward and jumps, bringing both elbows up and down to smash into the head of a charging guard, breaking the skull and killing the man from too much damage to the brain.

The dead guard's body falls to the ground with a thump.

Aquila turns around to see thirteen guards aiming guns at him, some from the second floor, and a couple at the front door. The rest being in front of the office of the current owner of the club.

A strange man, possibly the owner of the establishment, with a cigar in his mouth and wearing a smirk, comes from the door behind the guards and walks in front of the guards and saying, "Your not going anywhere." he then chuckles. The guards quickly and roughly grab the group and take them to the special holding area...

They are all thrown into their cells, the ponies were in their own, while Aquila and Redik were stuck in the same one.

"Sooo, now what" says Rainbow Dash looking at Redik.

"Hey dont look at me, it was Aquila that got us in this." responds Redik.

"I'll remind you that I was forced to fight back there." answers Aquila.

"Well anyway it doesn't matter who's fault it is, what its important do is that we must find a way to get out of this place."
says Twilight.

"Yeah well I could have told you that." answers Rainbow Dash in a grumpy mood.

"Relax Rainbow, we are gonna find a way out of here." says Twilight

"I wouldn't be so sure about that my dear." says a voice out of nowhere and before our friends could see who had said this a
small cylindrical object unknown to any of the members of the group rolled inside the cage.

"The hell is that?" said Redik

"No idea." responded Rainbow Dash

'This cant be good.' thought Aquila, and then suddenly the small cylindrical object started spouting a lot of gas from the inside.

"Ha? smoke? Why would the eveee- THUD!" says Redik as he gets closer to the gas and all of a sudden he fell to the ground.

"What happend!? Whats going on!?" Shouts Twilight in desperation trying to get away from the smoke. meanwhile Rainbow Dash falls to the ground like the red mage had.

"Damn it! Twilight do not breath that gas!" shouts Aquila, Twilight covers her nostrils but it was for not and she
also fell victim to what seemed to be one effective sleeping gas. Aquila trys his best to not breathe the gas but his strength is
slowly leaving him, as he is laying down on the floor of the cell the last thing he sees is three shadowy figures enter the same
cell but for some reason they do not seem to be affected by the gas. He trys to get a better look for them but hes already blurry vision turns black as he losses conciousness.

*An hour later.*

Redik opens his eyes and finds everything dark around him. "The Hell! who turned off the lights! Hey!"

"Shut it Redik", says a voice.

"Aquila? Is that you? What happened? Why is everything so dark?"

"They captured us and now we have bags over our heads genius", replies Aquila angrily.
"Oooohhhh... sooo now what?" says Redik.

"You two will fight in my rings and win me a lot of money". Says a voice meanwhile the bags over their heads were taken off their heads. Revealing a very nice and fancy room with luxurius furnature and in the center sited on a desk wearing a slick purple suit and smoking a cigar a very slender man with black hear combed all the way back and wearing a small rectangular golden frame glasses, he looked not too old and not too young, like around his 30's one would think.

"Well until you two unfortuently die that is." says the purple suited man

"What!? Who he hell do you think you are?! Let us go, you have no right to do this to us!" yells Redik

"On the contrary my short fused friend, I have every right." says the purple suited man

"What do you mean?" asked Aquila

"First things first, let me introduce myself, my name is... well what they call me is Mr. Jackal. At you service or maybe
it is the other way around? hahaha." says Mr Jackal.

"What do you want from us?" says Redik

"He wants us to fight for him in this establisment of his." answers Aquila

"Very good my perceptive friend, it seems you are definitely the brains of this duo you have here." said Mr Jackal

"Hey!" yells Redik

"Relax Redik, after all, he is right." replies Aquila leaving his friend mouth agape

"Hahaha it seems that your friend has accepted his fate" says Mr Jackal

"Oh no no you got me wrong" says Aquila

"Ha?" say both Redik and Mr Jackal

"What i meant is that you are right, I am the smartest member of this group" "HA!" says Aquila and then yells Redik

"But about that fighting for you shit, no sorry I think me and my brevi amico fusa (short fused friend) here as you have so clearly stated. Are in no way, going to submit to you and fight here." says Aquila, "There is no way you can make us fight"

"Yeah what he said... except for the me being 'the dumb one' part." says Redik.

"Oh this is priceless!You actually think you have an option in this?" says Mr Jackal.

"Well of course, as Aquila said you cant force us to do anything; Come on torture us or whatever" says Redik defiantly.

"...Merda! (Shit!)" shouts Aquila after looking around for some reason

"What? what is it Aquila?" asks Redik

"Hahaha it seems that your friend has finally realize that i indeed have the means to make you both do what i want"

"Huh? what do yo-..." Redik starts speaking but then he stops just realizing something, he desperatly starts looking
around for something that they know should be there, but isn't "Oh no, it...it cant be"

"Oh but it can and it is." said Mr Jackal meanwhile, Aquila makes a grunt and starts looking at him with hatred.

"I have captured your little equine friends, and if you two don't want them to... entertain my boys in any way possible you
two better cooperate with me and fight in my rings... Forever" Mr. Jackal explains.

"No this cant be happening... You sick bastard!" Redik says.

"Oh, but it is, and you better face your new destiny under my service. I haven't seen you fight, but if for some reason your are as good as your friend here then you'll be a great addition." says Mr Jackal.

"No! No! No! No!" Redik starts shouting.

"Redik, shut up!" yells Aquila to his friend.

"But Aquila!"

"There's nothing we can do if we want to keep the girls safe..." says Aquila.

"But... Damn it!" Redik yells.

"Well it seems we have come to an agreement. Haven't we?" says Mr Jackal.

Both Aquila and Redik look at Dr Jackal with anger in their eyes and with a great wish to kill the man infront of them but the only thing they did is the only thing they could do in that moment, nod their heads in compliance.

"Good, good. Now that we have come to an arragment here, theres only on more thing to say." says Mr. Jackal "Welcome to the FIGHT CLUB."