• Published 13th Mar 2016
  • 4,045 Views, 106 Comments

Spike Has Seen Too Much - PonyThunder



Spike is in all the wrong places at all the wrong times. He keeps on stumbling across everypony during their most embarrassing moments. Is it by pure chance, or is he up to something?

  • ...
3
 106
 4,045

Rainbow Dash's Tea Party

Still struggling to regain his breath from the full-on sprint through Ponyville and into the Everfree forest, Spike huffed as he walked along the well-trodden path surrounded by the green trees and foliage of the calm part of the forest. He looked behind him expecting to see a furious Twilight Sparkle still ready to tackle him in a moment's notice, but she never did.

After a few minutes of walking and calming down, Spike could finally regain his composure, but as soon as he did, he heard a noise from afar behind him and some rustling. Assuming it was Twilight, he immediately took off in a sprint in the opposite direction. Meanwhile, the sounds of faint snickering could be heard from the bush.

In his sprint through the forest, he continued to hear rustling from several points all around him at different times. It was as if somepony was chasing after him, but he couldn't see or hear them in the slightest.

Spike found himself in a part of the forest a ways off from the path. It was a small grassy meadow filled with a few trees and boulders, but something colorful caught his eye. It was a checkered red and white blanket laid out in a particularly secluded area of the meadow, and he heard a familiar voice come from that direction. Better not stick around here, he thought to himself. He wasn't going to let his curiosity get the better of him this time.

Turning around and taking a step in the opposite direction, his foot snapped a twig. He heard a small gasp from where the picnic blanket rest and then the sound of something taking to the skies. In what seemed like only a fraction of a second, Spike had found himself pinned to the ground by two powerful, cyan wings that belonged to none other than Rainbow Dash.

"What do you think you're doing here?"

"I was just going for a walk..." he said, still pinned to the ground and unable to look back up at her.

"Were you now? This isn't exactly a place most ponies would go for a walk. What's your angle?" she replied.

Why was Rainbow Dash being so defensive? All he had done was stumble upon her in the forest with a picnic blanket and...

"Were you having a picnic?" Spike asked her.

"NO," she replied defensively. "Why would an awesome pony like me be having a secret picnic in the forest?"

Before Spike could answer her rhetorial question, Tank the tortoise slowly pushed his head against Rainbow Dash from behind, his head slowly protruding from his body with a soft thud against Dash's flank.

"You were having a picnic with Tank?"

"No, we were just--"

"Wait, are those tea cups?"

"NO, they're--"

"You were having a tea party?"

"No," Dash replied instantly, "well...I mean, we were drinking tea...but that doesn't mean it was a tea party." Dash crossed her hooves.

"Sounds awfully like a tea party to me," Spike couldn't help but reply.

"It was NOT a tea party!" she yelled, but then immediately covered her mouth with a hoof.

Sheesh, Rainbow Dash can sure be terrifying when her reputation is on the line... Spike decided not to prod her any further.

"Listen squirt," Rainbow Dash suddenly mellowed. "If you tell anypony about this, you can be sure that everypony will know about your little secret with Rarity."

"Meh," Spike replied, "everypony knows anyways."

"Not that secret," Rainbow Dash replied with a sly smirk.

Did she...no she couldn't. Could she?

As if reading his thoughts, Dash replied, "Yes, I know about your little shrine and that plushie doll of yours. And you can be sure that if you tell anypony that I like to have...tea parties," Rainbow Dash grimaced at the words, "then I'll spill the beans on your little secret as well. Got it?"

"Absolutely," Spike replied, "so...can I get up now?"

Rainbow Dash released her pin on Spike and allowed him to return to his feet. "Remember...tell anypony, and you can bet everypony in town will know by the end of the day."

"Sure thing," replied, dusting himself off with his claws. He promptly left the meadow and Rainbow Dash behind, snickering inwardly to himself at the thought of the awesome and tough pony having a tea party with a tortoise in the middle of a grassy meadow.

A couple of minutes later, he found his way back to the forest trail and began his way back to the entrance, but something caught his eye on the way. A pony in a large dark cloak was trotting daintily through the forest. What is going on with me today? Spike had just been seeing all sorts of interesting things today. Might as well check this out too... Besides, maybe somepony was up to no good in the Everfree forest. Maybe he would be the hero of the day for once.

Following the mysterious pony for several minutes, they finally stopped near some blue flowers. Spike recognized the blue flowers from when he and his friends had been struck by the hilarious ailments that they gave them. Why was this pony getting near these flowers? Nonetheless, he watched the pony from afar gather a few petals from one of the flowers and stuff them in a pocket in their cloak. Immediately, the pony turned around and headed back towards the edge of the forest towards ponyville.

What in the name of Celestia is going on? Spike thought as he trailed far behind the pony, following them back into the town.