• Published 8th May 2016
  • 1,966 Views, 61 Comments

The Game Theorist in Equestria (a.k.a. Mat Pat in Equestria) - ShadowStorm7



When Mat Pat attempts a new science experiment, something weird happens to him…

  • ...
23
 61
 1,966

Chapter 5: “A Party?”

After Mat Pat decided to high-five a building with his face, he collapsed onto his back. Looking up, he saw little birds flying around his head and tweeting. Of course, they were nonexistent, but he could not tell that. As he was looking up, he saw a rainbow streak racing toward the castle he had just fled. Wondering who this mare was, he decided to get up, but it was right at that moment that Pinkie Pie came up next to him. She beamed the widest, most impossible smile Mat Pat had ever seen.

“Why, hello, there, cutie!” Pinkie said. “What are you doing out here, you silly-billy? We should head back to Twilight’s castle—there’s something I want to show you. It might make you happy!” she finished with a trill.

“What is it? A portal back home so I don’t have to be confused by how this magical world filled with pastel-colored equines?” Mat Pat asked, hoping that’s what it was.

“Nope, but it will make you feel a lot better and hopefully get your mind out of its sad state and turn your frown upside down!”

With that, Pinkie Pie tied a blindfold over his eyes and lead Mat Pat back to the castle. Their hooves rang against the tile floors, strangely the only sound in the cavernous corridors. When they arrived at their destination—wherever that was—Pinkie removed the blindfold. She might as well have left it alone, for they were standing in pitch-black.

“Why is it so dark in here? It’s too hard to see,” Mat said as he tried to squint to see better. It did not work.

“SUPPRISE!” cried a chorus of voices from all around. The lights flashed on, and Mat Pat started as ponies of all colors and kinds jumped out of various hiding places. Once the crowd settled and began to turn to other activities throughout the room, however, Mat Pat calmed and, for the first time since coming to this world, did not feel the need to run away. For all that they were some peculiar breed of equine, these ponies were rather… human.

“Oh, my,” came a meek voice after the initial cheers died away. “We didn’t scare you too much, did we?” A yellow pegasus squeezed through to the front of the crowd, long pinky mane covering one eye and trailing the ground.

“I told you not to invite so many ponies, Pinkie,” Twilight said.

Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes. “Please, Twilight, how is he supposed to have fun at his Welcome to Ponyville Party without having some new friends to party with?”

Shaking her head, Twilight went up to Mat Pat and pulled him aside. “Could we talk a little in private?”

Mat Pat tilted his head slightly at that and said, “Um… sure?”

“Mr. Patrick,” Twilight began once they found a relatively quiet corner of the room. The other ponies were sufficiently distracted by the party that they did not give the pair a second glance. “I have a question, and I would like to know your answer.”

“Sure, what is it? And please, call me Mat Pat.”

Twilight hesitated, biting her lip. Then she took a deep breath, met Mat Pat’s gaze with her own, and asked, “Will you be my special somepony?”

Author's Note:

so im sorry for being a jerk leaving this chapter on a cliff hanger but it will be fun to see how you react