• Published 8th May 2016
  • 1,966 Views, 61 Comments

The Game Theorist in Equestria (a.k.a. Mat Pat in Equestria) - ShadowStorm7



When Mat Pat attempts a new science experiment, something weird happens to him…

  • ...
23
 61
 1,966

Chapter 6: the answer

As Mathew Patrick was staring at Twilight, speechless, he didn’t notice the pink earth pony come up next to her.

“Oh, forget it, Twilight, he wants me,” said Pinkie. “We are clearly a match made by Celestia. I mean, look at his beautiful chestnut-brown mane and those beautiful blue eyes.”

Mat Pat blushed. He glanced back at Twilight to find her lavender fur had become a mix of white and yellow, and her mane now seemed to be on fire, her eyes burning. Even Pinkie Pie was looking at her, though neither they nor the other ponies at the party seemed the least bit surprised by the changes to Twilight’s physical appearance.

“Well, I’m not saying—!” Twilight began, but Pinkie abruptly interrupted her.

“Oh, hello again, Mr. Author. I see you’re trying to decide which one of us Mat Pat ends up with. Go with me!”

Twilight rolled her eyes with an exasperated huff. “Pinkie Pie, stop trying to persuade him! Let him choose on his own!”

"Thank you Twilight. Now, on with the story." Said the author.

While the two quarreling mares were distracted with one another, Mat Pat had quietly slipped away to take shelter in the crowd. He had almost reached the door when the little purple dragon appeared in his path, arms crossed.

“I don’t know what it is you’re doing to two of my friends, but don’t even think about doing it to Rarity,” Spike warned, punctuating the threat with a small jet of emerald flame.

With a gasp, Mat Pat hastened at full speed past the dragon and out of the castle. The ponies going about their daily business paid him little mind as he wandered the streets of Ponyville. He kept the castle at his back, always moving away from it, until he reached a quieter, less trodden verge of the town. As the sun began to set, he found a rather decrepit shack with cobwebs in the windows. Mat Pat went inside and closed the creaking door behind him. The room was blanketed with layer upon layer of dust, so much so that his hooves left only a faint trail. Some tarps hung limp upon what he assumed to be various pieces of furniture.

Tugging off one tarpaulin with his teeth in hopes of finding a couch to serve as a makeshift bed for the night, he discovered not furniture, but a structure of gears, steel, and springs. Clouds of dust filled the abandoned shack as Mat Pat went all about tearing away the tarps, revealing more glistening machinery and racks of engineering tools. He stared at the treasure trove around him, and his mind began to whir and tick.
I can get home…