• Published 5th Jul 2012
  • 5,202 Views, 107 Comments

What Just Happened? - tastetheRainbowDash



What would happen if these ponies were mysteriously transformed???

  • ...
24
 107
 5,202

What Now?

Pinkie Pie knew what to do, now. She had gotten like this once before, when her friends abandoned her. All she could think of now were the time that they had laughed at her and made fun of her.

"Inkie, Blinkie, do you know where the machete is?" Pinkie questioned with an oddly smug look on her face.

Inkie replied in her monotone voice, "It's in the closet."

"Thanks," Pinkie replied, obviously to rude to truly mean her apology.

She walked into the closet, grabbing the sword-like knife between her jaws.

"What do ya need that for?" Blinkie questioned, showing Inkie a royal flush, forcing her to hand over the candy she had just won to Blinkie.

"Does it matter?" Pinkie, no, Pinkamena, questioned with a hint of evil insanity in her voice.

"I guess not," Inkie replied, shuffling the deck of cards between her hooves, then dealing them to Blinkie, as well as herself.

Laughing menacingly, Pinkie Pie turned to the blade sharpener that they used for rock tools, and sharpened the deadly weapon.

..........

"Pinkie Pie! I knew it was too quiet..." the rainbow penguin trailed off. "How are we gonna find her?"

"We'll look around Ponyville first," Twilight spoke carefully. "She could be anywhere."

"Um, I'll take the sky, if that's okay with you," came a shy voice, commonly known as Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy, I think it would be a good idea taking another po- creature with you," Twilight told the vanilla colored dragon.

"If you're taking someone, it better be me," stated Rainbow Dash, matter of factly.

"O-okay, Rainbow Dash," the tall dragon picked up the two and a half foot penguin. She put Dash on her back.

"Anypony else want to choose someone to go with?" asked the purple changeling.

"If it is okay with you, Applejack and I will take the east side of town near Sweet Apple Acres and the Everfree Forest," complied Rarity. She looked at Applejack to see if she agreed.

"Yeah, sure Ah can go with ya,Rarity," the orange-ish blonde wolf replied to the white boar's comment.

"Okay, I'll take Spike and take the west." She paused and sighed. "And try not to attract too much attention to yourselves."

"Sure thang. Twi," Applejack the wolf said and was about to grab the boar, but she remembered something. "Uh, Twi?"

Twilight nodded as she said, "Yes, Applejack?"

"Uh, when do we meet up?"

Twilight thought for a bit. "We'll meet back here in about an hour to report our findings."

With a chorus of okays, everyone grabbed their partner and left through the same door they had come through. All except Twilight, who was held back by Spike.

"Twilight," he said. "You're a changeling! Ponies are scared of changelings!"

"Oh, don't worry, Spike. I'll just say that it was a spell gone wrong," the purple changeling gave a nervous chuckle. "After all, how many times does that happen?"

Spike also laughed nervously, for the baby dragon knew that this happens almost every singly day of the week,every week.

Finally, the two non-pony creatures went to the west side of Ponyville, where hopefully nopony would question Twilight's new appearance.

..........

Rainbow Dash was sitting in the hands of a large, yet shy, dragon. She felt so small, and she did not like it.

"Fluttershy," she said. "Any idea why we changed into what we did? I hate it."

"Oh, Rainbow Dash," replied the pink spiked dragon. "All I know is when I awoke, I saw the most terrifying creature in the mirror." Fluttershy gulped. "A dragon. Me."

Rainbow started to think. But she was soon distracted by the acceleration of the dragon's speed.

"Fluttershy!" she shouted. "Slow down!"

The beast looked around. "Why, I'm going no faster than you usually do when you are flying."

"Darn! I guess this body changed how I feel about flying." Rainbow sat down in the large claws with a loug "hmph."

The winged pair continues flying through the air, though one was carrying the other.

..........

Applejack, who was sniffing the ground, finally looked up.

"Ah found nothin'," the wolf said to the boar, who also looked up after sniffing the ground.

Rarity sighed. "Neither did I, Applejack. Other than some truffles," Rarity said, disgusted.

"Wai' a sec, I thought ya'll rich folk loved truffles," Applejack told her friend.

"Now that I know where to find them, I hate them! They're disgusting!"

Continuing along their journey, the pair of creatures continued talking and sniffing.

..........

"SPIKE!" Twilight shouted, waiting for her number one assistant to come. The changeling was waiting so that the two could start their journey to find Pinkie Pie. "SPIKE!"

"I'm coming, Twilight!" the baby dragon called back, running down the library's stairs. By the time he got to the bottom, he was out of breath. "Can," breath, "we go," breath, "now?" and one final breath.

"Sure, Spike," Twilight levitated the small reptile onto her back. "Let's go!"

Twilight opened the library's door, slamming it closed once she galloped out. With Spike on her back, she only ran a little slower than she could, but she didn't want the dragon to fall off her back.

"Hey, Twilight," Spike said and Twilight slowed down, coming to a stop.

"Yes, Spike?"

"Well, now that you're a changeling, can't you fly?" Spike asked.

"And that is why you're my number one assistant," she told Spike with a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

Twilight the changeling jumped.And jumped again, flapping her insect-like wings. She tried and tried again, Spike watching, until they heard a scream.

"AHHHH! CHANGELING!" shouted a pony from the street.

"No! No no no! It's me! Twilight Sparkle!" Twilight tried to calm the pony down, but before she could, there were mobs of random ponies, including the police, around her and Spike.

"LISTEN!" she shouted. Everything went quiet. "I am Twilight Sparkle! My experiment went wrong somewhere, and I ended up as a changeling. I was trying to shape-shift into a mouse." Many ponies looked as if they believed this, but the police stared at her.

"We will let you go this once, but after that, you go in the cage."

"Okay, sir!" she told him and walked with Spike away from the crowd. "That was close."

"It was," came a soft voice, filled with viciousness.