• Published 5th Jul 2012
  • 5,202 Views, 107 Comments

What Just Happened? - tastetheRainbowDash



What would happen if these ponies were mysteriously transformed???

  • ...
24
 107
 5,202

GAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Twilight woke up. She rubbed her eyes and stretched. Waking up for her was hard today, she realized. Maybe it was because of all of that cider. Walking over to the mirror, Twilight stared at her reflection, wide-eyed. "Sp-Spike!" she shouted, waking the baby dragon from his deep slumber.

"What is it now, Twilight," the half-asleep dragon groaned. He didn't open his eyes yet, though.

"L-look at me!" she shouted.

"Are you having another bad hair day?" Spike, finally opening his eyes, looked at her. Then, as he took the sight in, he screamed.

Twilight was now a changeling, a purple one with clear wings and eyes a little darker than her coat. She had no idea what had happened that may have caused this change, but considering the circumstances, she was too stressed to figure it out.

"Spike, I'll need you too find any books about changelings, their history, and their spells," she finally said, rather calmly.

"O-okay, T-Twilight," came the small dragon's response.

..........

Fluttershy awoke in her small cottage. She had to get ready for the day. With a slight stretch of her wings, she flew over to the mirror and picked up her brush. Not that she ever looked into her mirror. That's when she heard them.

Screams were coming from animals. Her animals. Why were they screaming?

"Angel bunny, why are all of the patients screaming?" she asked the little white bunny, who somehow looked a lot smaller today than he did any day before today. The bunny looked up and fled in fear. Fluttershy thought to herself, Why are all of the animals running? Did I scare them? Do I look scary today? It's probably just my hair... Her thought ended there aas she looked in the mirror. "AH! A-a-a DRAGON!" she yelled out loud due to her fear of adult dragons. She flew away into the sky above Ponyville.

..........

Finally waking up, Rarity stretched for a bit, before taking one of her daily showers. She will use her favorite shampoo, as always. Then she would move on to her favorite conditioner, it keeps her mane nice and smooth. But before she could use it, she attempted to put it in her hair, but... There was no hair to put it in! Frantically racing to the nearest mirror, she looked at herself. "Oh, no. I'm hideous! G'AHHH!" she started to cry. After sitting on the floor, crying for a few minutes, she finished her shower, using only the Equestrian Woods body wash from Boutique Beyond. Once sh got out, she heard knocking at her bedroom door.

Attempting to sound as pleasant as possible, Rarity spoke to the visitor. "Who is it?" she said.

"Hey, sis, it's just me," came the reply from Sweetie Belle. "So, uh, I kinda heard you scream earlier, and, uh, why did you scream?"

"Oh, Sweetie, I'm hideous!" yelled Rarity, opening up the door. "Just look at me!"

The little pony looked at her sister. "R-rarity? You're a pig!"

Running out the door, Rarity went in search of the one pony who knew how to deal with pigs.

..........

Pinkie Pie woke up. She walked around her room, looking for absolutely nothing. Whatever would she do on this dull, dull day? She looked around her room. Too bright. Too colorful. Too... Pink. She wondered downstairs, where the cakes were already awake and baking.

"Good morning, Pinkie!" said a peppy Mrs. Cake. "Would you like a cupcake?"

"No, and to you it's Pinkamena Diane Pie," said Pinkie, storming out of the small sugar shop.

Walking down the street, everypony was staring at her. On occasion, she would say something along the lines of, "Watcha looking at," or "Excuse me!" All the ponies started whispering to one another, wondering what had become of there good friend Pinkie Pie. Her hair was straight, she was being unfriendly and rude, and... She was headed to the edge of town, opposite from the Everfree Forest, straight towards... THE ROCK FARM! Pinkie hadn't even visited her family for years, ever since she first brought a smile to their faces. She left to bring joy to the world after that. Now she was heading back. Why?

"It's way too colorful here!" she shouted back to Ponyville. "I'm leaving!" And with that, she wondered to her old home, and started harvesting the rocks in the South Field.

..........

Rainbow Dash woke up to the sensation that she was falling. And she was. She tried to flap her wings, but she just couldn't. She flapped her arms and legs and... Nothing. She was very close to the ground now and she hit the ground with intense power. Wait, no she didn't. She was caught. By a dragon.

The dragon looked at her, eyes bright with hope, taking in the creature that was Rainbow Dash. "Um, uh, hello," the dragon said, in a familiar voice.

Shrinking back, Dash replied, "Oh, uh, hi?"

The dragon, clearly surprised, looked at her. "Wow," said the dragon, "a talking penguin! This is so exciting!"

Rainbow was confused. "A penguin? Oh, no. I'm a pegasis! The fastest one to come out of Cloudsdale!"

"R-Rainbow Dash?" asked the dragon. "You are a penguin." She pulled out a mirror and showed Dash what she looked like.

"H-how did you know my name? And why am I a penguin!" Dash shouted.

"Don't worry, I'll explain it all to you later," the dragon said, and flew off to the library, still holding the little penguin in her hands.

..........

Applejack was still sleeping when Rarity came to her. The only problem was that Applejack wasn't there! But, like the other ponies, Applejack was also changed. Once Rarity entered the small house in which the Apples slept, and quietly walked up to the room Applejack slept in. Thankfully, nopony spotted her walking over here. Going to Applejack's bed, she saw a sharp ear poking out of the blankets.

"I'm going to regret this," she said, and crawled to the ponies ear and snorted as loud as she could.

Applejack awoke with a start. "Huh, wha-"

"Applejack I need you're help!"interrupted Rarity. "I'm a pig!"

"Yea, I reckon ya are," said Applejack, clearly tired. She rose from her bed and Rarity screamed. "Wh-what?"

"Applejack, my dear friend, you're a wolf!"

"We better get tah Twi's place," said Applejack,and they ran off towards the library.

..........

"Now that all of those loser ponies are transformed, I am truly the greatest and most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria!" a muffled laugh came from Trixie after she said those words. "But of course, Gilda, I couldn't have done it without you."

"And since they're changed, am I now the fastest, Trixie?" said Gilda, for this was the only reason she helped.

"Of course you are," Trixie replied, still laughing evilly.