• Published 5th Jul 2012
  • 5,202 Views, 107 Comments

What Just Happened? - tastetheRainbowDash



What would happen if these ponies were mysteriously transformed???

  • ...
24
 107
 5,202

Partay Time!

At about eight o'clock at night, everypony except for Pinkie, met up at Twilight's library. Everypony which only included four of Twilight's best friends, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity. They all headed for Pinkie's party together, hoping for the best, yet worrying for the worst.

"TRIXIE!" Rainbow Dash shouted at nopony in particular. "She made me into a Rainbow Tornado!"

"Not to mention that she made my lovely mane green," Rarity agreed.

"She also hogtied meh an' shoved an apple en mah mouth!" Applejack fumed.

"Girls, girls. Maybe Trixie has changed. Maybe she won't try to "One-Up" me this time. Maybe she really is going to be..." Twilight was cut off when they reached Sugar Cube Corner.

"Hey, guys!" shouted an ecstatic Pinkie. "Come on in! You're just a little late, but the fun has barely started!"

As the five of them walked into the parlor of Sugarcube Corner, the friends looked around. Everything was perfectly placed and all of the ponies were partying and having fun.

"Well, at least she ain't here, yet," Applejack said. Looking around, she spotted Applebloom by the punch with her friends. "And th' Crusaders are havin, fun."

Looking over to the Crusaders, Rainbow saw Scootaloo, and instantly hid behind Twilight.

"Rainbow," asked Twilight, "what are you doing?"

"Scootaloo is here," the cerulean pony replied. "She gets on my nerves almost as much as Trixie."

Sighing, Twilight let Rainbow hide behind her, not expecting the following to happen. She saw her worst enemy walk in, followed by a griffon. "Trixie," Twilight whispered under her breath. Then, once again to her surprise, Dash stepped out from behind her and quickly fled over to the Crusaders. This was probably due to the fact of where her ex-friend stood behind one of her enemies.

Before Twilight could retreat into her own affairs, Trixie spoke. "Well, is this really the biggest loser in all of Loserville, I mean Ponyville?" Trixie spoke irritably, "Why aren't you studying?"

Blushing, Twilight just stared at the blue unicorn. As always, she was dressed in a star-patterned hat and cloak, boasting about. Believing that she was supposed to say something at that point, Gilda spoke up.

"Well, if it isn't the ragtag team of eggheads," said Gilda. After saying this, Twilight gave her an odd stare, which made Gilda walk away to the punch table, where the Cutie Mark Crusaders were talking to their new companion.

..........

"Hey, look guys, it's Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo spoke, her eyes widened in delight as her hero walked towards them.

"Oh, uh, hi there, Scootaloo," Dash said nervously, as she took a seat by the punch bowl. Pouring herself a glass of punch, she awaited a conversation to break out, and finally it did.

"Howdy there, Dash! Ah thought that ya'd usually avoid us, don't ya?" Applebloom asked, clearly surprised that Rainbow had joined them.

"Yeah, well, you guys seemed to need a little excitement," Rainbow continued to speak with a nervous edge in her voice, glancing in Twilight's direction. The friends had mostly dispersed, leaving Twilight alone with Trixie and Gilda.

"What are you looking looking at?" asked Sweetie Belle, catching Dash peeking behind her. Naturally, the three curious fillies looked over to where Gilda was now walking towards them.

"Um, nothing," Rainbow replied, turning her head back to the three fillies. "Anypony want some punch?"

A sudden voice came out from behind them. "I would, but I don't want an egghead like you toughing it," said the griffon, greedily grabbing a glass and pouring the pink punch into it. Drinking it down, she turned to Dash. "So, are you so much of a loser that now you have to hang around little fillies?" She slammed the glass down.

"Well, these fillies are friends," the blue pony replied, "and are you so much of a loser that you had to go and hang out with... With Trixie?"

"Heh, you were never half the pony as she is," Gilda broke out into an argument.

"Because I was always twice the pony she was!" Dash hollered back.

At this point the fillies all decided to leave, starting with Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and, hesitantly and finally, Scootaloo, who seemed kinda interested in the fight.

"Trixie has more power than you would ever have!" Gilda shouted.

"Ha! Show me proof because, as I'm sure, everypony in Ponyville likes me and nopony likes her," Rainbow said, gesturing to the magician with her head.

"You won't need any proof soon," Gilda said under her breath.

"I'm sorry. Gilda. What did you just say?" Dash said, seriously not hearing her.

"You heard me?" Gilda questioned, clearly surprised.

"No, I seriously didn't catch that."

"Oh, I, uh. I said that," Gilda thought to make up a quick reply, "Trixie will prove you wrong soon."

Grunting, Dash nodded and walked away from Gilda, not enjoying her company. She trotted off to hang out with Applejack, who was talking to the Crusaders. "Hey, Applejack, hey Crusaders."

"Oh, hiya there, RD," AJ spoke in response to the 'hey'.

"So,sorry to be, um, bothering you. I just wanted to get away from Gilda," Rainbow said.

"Well, that's just a'right, now," Applejack said.

..........

"Hey, Twilight. There's one more thing I want to tell you before anypony leaves," Trixie stated.

"And waht may that be?" asked Twilight, curious of what her enemy wanted to reveal.

"Well, first, gather your friends around," answered Trixie.

Twilight went around, gathering her friends. Rarity, who was deep in conversation with a couple of handsome stallions. Fluttershy, who was talking to Pinkie Pie over the counter. Twilighlight took Pinkie with her, too. And finally, Rainbow Dash and Applejack, who were talking to the three fillies who called themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She gathered them all around a small table, with Trixie and Gilda.

"Now what did you want to tell us?" Rainbow asked.

"It wasn't something I wanted to tell you, I was going to give you all something, to make up for everything that's happened," Trixie stated.

"WHAT?" the six friends said in unison.

"I bought some world famous cider from Fillydelphia. I thought you guys would like a small barrel, each," she said, handing out barrels about the size of a loaf of bread.

"Thanks, Trixie," Twilight said. "This is very kind of you."

"It wasn't a problem," she stated before throwing a ball of smoke and disappearing out of the party with Gilda.

After she left, Rainbow quietly asked her friends, "I wonder what that was all about."

..........

Very soon, the six ponies were out of cider, and leaving to go to their own homes. Rainbow Dash, to her cloud home in the sky. Fluttershy, to her hut on the edge of the Everfree forest. Pinkie Pie, to her small house on the edge of Ponyville, closest to the rock farm. Twilight Sparkle, to her library tree house. Rarity, to her beauty salon. Applejack, to Sweet Apple Acres. These ponies left, without any question if something had happened to the cider they drank earlier.