• Published 24th Feb 2016
  • 4,497 Views, 68 Comments

Half-Sisters - Steve Ott



It has long been known that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are sisters. Little does any pony know that its only half true.

  • ...
5
 68
 4,497

Dungeons and Changeling Queens

Half-Sisters
by: hellvic notion
An MLP Fanfiction

Chapter 2
Dungeons and Changeling Queens

All she felt was pain. Pain of losing the battle. Pain over not getting her revenge. Pain that she had been defeated. Pain over the fact she had to fight a loved one. But most of all, she felt pain because she failed not only herself, but her entire hive. She had failed, and now her hive will suffer the consequences.

Many of her soldiers were either missing or dead. That ones that were missing were likely to die before they ever got home. Sadness filled her heart as she thought about her doomed subjects. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was the fact that she wasn't long for this world. With no heirs, her species would be doomed to die. There was only one other changeling that was capable of taking on the mantle of Queen. The only problem was that it was also the one who had assisted in her defeat, and had betrayed her true race.

But she was their only hope for the survival of their species.

***

To say that Twilight had a rough day was an understatement. In just a few hours she had been imprisoned by a changeling queen pretending to be her foalsitter, and then escaped only to witness an army of changelings descend upon Canterlot. She and her friends the attempted to retrieve the Elements of Harmony only to be captured again. Then just when all hope seemed to be lost, another changeling queen pretending to be Princess Luna attacked allowing for Cadence and Twilight’s brother Shining Armor to force almost all of the changelings from Canterlot. Not only that, but the changeling who helped saved them all was now rotting in the dungeons.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash poked her head through the door to Twilight’s room and asked, “Umm Twi, Can we talk with you for a moment?”

Twilight glanced up noticing the nervous grin plastered on Rainbow’s muzzle. With a sigh she replied, “Yes, of course you can.”

Rainbow let out a sigh of relief before turning around and saying, “Come on in, she said yes.” Soon, Twilight’s four other friends filled into her room following Rainbow, forming a semicircle around Twilight.

Silence reigned over the group of friends. Twilight was almost sure that could’ve cut the tension with a knife. Twilight scanned her five friends, all of whom looked to be ashamed by something. Applejack was holding her stenson in her hooves, Fluttershy was hiding behind her pink mane, Rarity kept looking from one thing to another, Rainbow Dash’s wings flapped nervously, and Pinkie Pie’s mane had lost some of it’s poof.

Realizing that none of her friends were going to speak up, Twilight inquired, “Well, what do you girls need?”

Rarity cleared her throat before responding, “Twilight dear, we would like to say sorry.”

Twilight sat bewildered at this revelation. “Why would they need to say sorry?”, she thought to herself.

Recognizing Twilight’s shock, Rarity continued, “We would all like to apologize for our behavior during the wedding rehearsal. We should’ve believed you from the start.”

Twilight’s eyes widened as she exclaimed, “But what if I was wrong? Cadence would have never forgiven me!”

“But you were right Twi”, Applejack stated solemnly. “But none of us believed you, and we left you in your darkest hour.”

“Yeah, we should’ve believed you from the very beginning. Isn’t that right Fluttershy”, Pinkie Pie exclaimed while bringing the shy pegasus in a hug.

“Yeah, we should’ve”, Fluttershy mumbled, clearly still shaken from the whole ordeal.

“I shouldn’t have left you hanging. Some Element of Loyalty I am”, Rainbow Dash huffed. Suddenly, she too was brought into a hug, but this time by Twilight herself.

“So does this mean you forgive us”, Rarity tentatively asked.

After a short pause Twilight responded, “Yes of course I forgive you girls. You are all my friends!” And with that, everypony else joined in on the group hug. While they were all hugging, Twilight thought of something. After the hug ended Twilight asked, “Can you girls accompany me down to the dungeons?”

After Twilight’s question, you could’ve heard a pin drop from Las Pegasus. Twilight looked at her shocked friends, eyes all nearly bulging out of their sockets, or in Pinkie’s case, actually bulging out.

Rainbow Dash recovered first saying, “Are you crazy? Why would you want to go down there while that changeling is there?”

“In case you didn’t notice, Canterlot would still be covered in changelings. Besides, we need to figure out why she saved us at all”, Twilight replied firmly. And with that, she began to trot out the door, followed by four of her reluctant friends. Noticing that somepony was missing, she called, “Fluttershy, that means you too!”

Fluttershy poked her head out into the hallway softly yelling, “Please no! I don’t want to be in the same room with a changeling ever again!”

Twilight groaned inwardly before replying, “Fluttershy, we need you too. Your the nicest pony I know and we need you to be nice to this changeling so we can get the information we need.”

Reluctantly, Fluttershy limply followed the rest of her friends to the dungeons.

***

Shining Armor was gobsmacked. Not only did Princess Celestia get herself out of bed when the doctor had told him that she shouldn’t be able to for a couple of days, she also referred to that changeling in the dungeons as her sister. “Princess! Princess! Princess”, Shining called only for Princess Celestia to ignore him and continue walking. Frustrated, Shining powered a teleportation spell before appearing right in front of the Princess.

“Your Majesty, what did you mean by sister?”, the captain inquired.

Celestia shot him a irritable glance that could probably cut down a tree. “What do you think I meant? And if you would excuse me, I must meet with my sister”, she replied, pushing her way through Shining Armor.

Shining groaned before once again teleporting to Celestia, this time to her side. “Your Majesty, you keep insisting that this changeling is your sister. Are you sure you are not brainwashed right now?”, Shining asked.

If looks could kill, Celestia’s look would have slaughtered an army of ferocious dragons. Shining couldn’t help but quiver a little bit. Bitterly, Celestia responded, “I’ll have you know Captain, that the only way for an alicorn to be brainwashed is by another full blooded alicorn, and I doubt that Cadence would do so. And yes, that changeling is in fact my sister.”

“But Celestia, how could she be your sister if you are an alicorn and she is a changeling?”, Shining asked.

“She’s not a changeling, or at least a full blooded one. She is only a halfling”, Celestia responded in matter a factly.

“Umm Celestia, what is a halfling”, Shining asked, struggling to keep up with the white alicorn.

“All will be explained in due time Captain, but first I need to see if my sister is okay”, Celestia replied while taking a sharp right turn, into the direction of the dungeons.

***

When Twilight and her friends made there way to the dungeons they did not expect the amount of security they had. If they weren’t the Elements of Harmony, they probably would’ve been detained by some overzealous guard. Thankfully, they had gotten through unscathed and were now at the bottom of the stairwell that lead to the dungeon.

Unsurprisingly, it was almost completely empty. In fact, it looked as if it hadn’t been used in centries. Cobwebs were everywhere, many of the stone blocks had cracks in them, and many of the cell doors were rusted through. The six slowly walked their way past the empty cells, finally reaching an occupied one at the very end of the hall.

The changeling queen was still knocked out cold, lying on her right side. Twilight nearly puked immediately at the ghastly sight. She was surprise that Rarity didn’t faint on the spot. The changeling was covered from horn to hoof with nasty scrapes and bruises, she had a black left eye, and judging by the way she was breathing, she probably had cracked ribs as well.

“We need to take her to the infirmary now”, Twilight said aloud.

“Are you crazy? We would never be able to sneak her past the guards”, Rainbow angrily replied.

“We can’t leave her here like this. Changeling or not, she desperately needs help”, Applejack said, much to the chargian of Rainbow Dash.

“I’m not saying we shouldn’t help her AJ, but we can’t do anything right now”, Rainbow responded.

“Maybe we could get Twilight to teleport the changeling to the infirmary?”, Pinkie Pie asked.

Twilight shook her head before responding, “No can do, even I’m not powerful enough to teleport somepony as big as this changeling.”

“Can we just call her Luna?”, Fluttershy asked quietly. Everypony turned to look at her as she continued, “If it’s alright I mean.”

“I guess, for the lack of a better name”, Twilight responded apprehensively.

“What if we just go fetch Princess Celestia. Surely she would know what to do”, Rarity said aloud.

“I don’t think we can, she’s not su-”, Twilight said before she was interrupted by two ponies loudly walking down the stairs. All six friends looked up to see Princess Celestia and Captain Shining Armor exit the stairwell.

As they all bowed hastily, Celestia asked, “Is she okay?”

Twilight, recognizing who her mentor was referring to responded, “No, not really Princess.”

Swiftly, Princess Celestia made her way over to the last cell where the six friends were located. Peering into the cell, Celestia, the avatar of the sun, broke down in tears. “Lulu, I’m so sorry”, she whispered.

The gears that were turning in Twilight’s head suddenly stopped. “Why did the Princess just call the changeling her sister”, she thought.Looking around, she realized that she wasn’t the only pony to hear what her mentor had just said.

After somewhat composing herself, she turned and ordered, “Applejack and Pinkie Pie, I want you two to take my sister to the infirmary. I want the rest of you to join us there as well, there is much to discuss.”

***

When Applejack and Pinkie Pie carried the passed out changeling out of the dungeon, they caused a bit of a ruckus. Thankfully, Princess Celestia wasn’t to far behind quelling the fear. Following Celestia was the rest of the Elements as well as a still gobsmacked Shining Armor. As they made their way to the infirmary, Princess Cadence joined them, allowing Shining to fill her in.

Once they all got to the infirmary, Luna was quickly placed on a gurney and rolled away along with a doctor. After a few tense minutes the doctor emerged, allowing the group of ponies in. Once in, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Cadence sat on the provided chairs, Rainbow was a few feet off the ground, Twilight was pacing around the room, Fluttershy hid in the corner, and the almost wedded couple sat with their mouths open.

In the center, was the changeling that was once Princess Luna. She had an oxygen mask over her muzzle, bandages around her body, and an i.v. stuck into her right foreleg. If somepony didn’t know any better, they would’ve thought that she was on her deathbed. Thankfully, the doctors had informed them that she was going to live despite her injuries.

Clearing her throat, Celestia began, “What you all are about to hear hasn’t been told in over a millennia. I’m sure my sister wouldn’t approve of this, but I do what I must. Is everypony ready?” When she received eight nods she continued, “Alright, I guess I should start from the beginning.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay :twilightblush:. I originally wanted to publish this chapter Thursday, but things came up and I was unable to. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter, and feel free to point out mistakes.

Cheers!