• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 5,117 Views, 112 Comments

Friendship Kita!!!! - cyberlord4444



Behold, the most powerful force in the Universe!!! and the poor guy who's still learning how to use it.

  • ...
14
 112
 5,117

Explorations and Explanations

After waking Fluttershy, and giving her a headset so she could stay in contact, the rest of them exited the Rabbit Hutch. Upon exiting, they all explored the lunar surface in their own ways. Pinkie Pie was enjoying the lower gravity by bouncing around, able to get much higher than she could back home. Twilight was studying everything, making use of the reduced gravity to go from one site to another quickly. Rainbow Dash was trying to figure out how to fly without air, and failing miserably, settling on making long jumps instead. Rarity was sketching everything, pleased, as was Twilight, that her helmet didn't interfere with her magic. And Applejack was kicking at the dust, probably trying to see if she could grow anything with it.

Luna chuckled at their antics, remembering the first time she came to the moon, before wondering where Fourze was. Looking around, she saw him sitting behind the same rock from last time. "What are you doing up here by yourself?" she asked approaching him.

"A few reasons," Fourze replied, "first off, this is my thinking rock." Luna chucked as he continued, "Second, I don't want to get in the way of their first time on the moon, I'll help if they get in trouble, but I'll let them wander on their own for a bit." Fourze rubbed his head, "Last but not least, their's been this weird buzzing in my head ever since I got here."

"How did you get here?" Luna asked.

Fourze sighed, "Better get comfy, this might take a while."


San Diego Comicon

"Come on bro, this'll be fun!"

"Yeah yeah," Jack replied, "you know I hate crowds, Meteor."

Meteor just chuckled, "Come on, you know you love them, you're just scared of all the girls~"

Jack sighed, "And people wonder why I wanted to become an astronaut, it's to get away from you Bobby."

Bobby chuckled again, "You know you love me. Hey, take a look."

Jack turned around, "Aw geeze, another Fourze?"

Bobby grinned behind his mask, "Behold, it is the Renaissance of the stars, must have something to do with that space thing you're all exited about."

"It's not just 'some space thing'," Jack humphed indignantly, "it's the first manned mission to Mars, period."

"Yeah yeah," Bobby said, "unlike you, I've got friends I want to see, see ya at the food court for lunch?"

"Sure," Jack replied, "try not to spend all your money on junk, I am not springing for your burger."

Bobby just chuckled and walked off as Jack perused the vendors. Eventually, he saw something that caught his eye, a small model of the Rabbit Hutch.

"Ah, I see my wares have caught your eye," the vendor said, "that tends to happen, I have something for everyone."

He wasn't kidding, in addition to the Rabbit Hutch was a plethora of objects, including but not limited to Link's Master Sword, a 1up mushroom plush, a collection of Pikmin figurines and an original style Duel Disk, just to name a few.

"I have to admit," Jack said, "that Rabbit Hutch is tempting, but not quite what I'm looking for."

"Ah," said the vendor, "but it comes with an extra." Reaching towards it, he pulled the top off to reveal...

"A Gate Switch!?" Jack exclamed, "I thought you couldn't get these anymore."

"I take it you've been looking for this little beauty?"

"Looking for it, it's the only one I'm missing," Jack replied, "well except for the Shin-chan switch, but that one is..."

"Agreed," the merchant replied, "what were they thinking with that?"

Jack mock-gagged before continuing, "How much?"

"The Rabbit Hutch plus switch I would normally sell for no less than $200," the merchant said, "but since you are a connoisseur, I cannot bare to charge you more than $150."

"Please," Jack replied, "the switches cost $20 bucks on their own, and that model doesn't look like it cost that much more to create, $75"

"Ah, but you forget the rarity of the Gate Switch, that bumps the price up substantially, $125"

"How do I know that's an official Gate Switch? It could be a fan production, $100."

The merchant laughed, "It has been a long time since someone haggled with me, so I will allow you to buy it for $100, and dine on Kraft Dinner for the foreseeable future."

Jack chuckled in return as he removed his wallet from a cleverly concealed pocket on his costume, "Pleasure doing business with ya." Jack placed the lid on the Rabbit Hutch and flipped the switch.

Gate On!


"Next thing I know," Fourze finished, "I'm on your moon."

"Oh you poor, poor thing," Fluttershy's voice sounded from Fourze's radio.

"Oops," Fourze said sheepishly, "forgot this was an open channel, anyone else hear that?"

"I did sugarcube"

"I did!"

"Yup"

"Apologies darling"

"Was I not supposed to listen? It was interesting."

Fourze sighed, "No problem, you'd all have learned sooner or later. Anyway, we better get back. It's been long enough for your first moonwalk, and didn't somebody want to learn about my switches?"

With that, they all returned to the Rabbit Hutch, Twilight taking up the rear, bouncing and chanting 'Yes' in a cheerful tone.


After returning to the Rabbit Hutch and removing their suits, Jack led them towards a laboratory off to the side. "Welcome to the Switch Lab, foremost facility anywhere on Cosmic Energy."

"What's that?" Twiligh asked, levitating a notebook and quill in preparation to take notes.

Jack shrugged, "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of the specifics, I only know two things for certain. First it's the power of the universe itself, whether it's a byproduct of the natural phenomena of the cosmos or aids in it, I cannot say." Jack paused to allow Twilight to write it down before continuing, "Second, it is incredibly versatile, depending on how you harness it it can do almost anything, both good, and bad."

"Pardon me," Luna asked, "but what do you mean by that?"

Jack pointed at a rack that held multiple switches, most of them black, "Each switch has it's own unique ability. The most powerful one can be activated only one of two ways, friendship, or ruthlessness."

Everypony gathered gasped, even Luna. "Why would anypony create something powered by, ruthlessness?" Fluttershy asked.

"To be honest," Jack replied, "the ruthlessness is more of a theoretical secondary activation method, but you do bring up a good point. I'm not entirely sure, but when Cosmic Energy is channeled through a Switch, or theoretically any method, it can become one of two types depending on it's intended usage. My Switches are designed to protect people, or I guess ponies now, so they use Positive Cosmic Energy. However, if it's used for selfish reasons, it becomes Negative Cosmic Energy, and always extracts some form of price."

"So it's kinda like magic," said Twilight, "there's your basic magic, then Holy magic that's used in a lot of healing spells, and dark magic."

Jack shrugged, "I don't know, I don't know a lot about magic or Cosmic Energy, but that sounds like a reasonable analogy."

"Pardon me darling," Rarity interjected, "but why are most of those switches black? The Switches you had before were so much more vibrant."

"Simple," Jack replied, "those ones aren't working right now. I need someone to calibrate them and get them operational."

"Ooh, I could do that!" Twilight said hopefully.

Jack chuckled, "I don't see why not, just not today. It's been a long day for both of us, what with me finding out I've been sent to another planet and you getting chased around town all day."

After a round of chuckles, punctuated by another growl from Twilight's stomach, all the ponies left, most via the Gate while Luna telaported. Jack shut the door behind them and went off to a bedroom he found in the Hutch, bringing along the Rocket Switch. "Quite an eventful day," he asked to nobody in particular.

"No kidding," a voice said from the Switch, "glad that we could finally talk boss, I've been trying since ya got here."

This time, it was Jack's turn to faint, luckily he was already lying on the bed.

Author's Note:

Behold! The origin of how Jack got here, and the main way my Fourze Displaced will be different than GeoHikari's, assuming he didn't have the same idea, again.

Seriously, both our Displaced are gonna be called Jack, please don't tell me you were thinking of doing this too.

If any of you are curious as to exactly why the Switch is talking it shall be revealed next chapter, cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.