• Published 12th Feb 2016
  • 1,296 Views, 68 Comments

Rainbow Dash makes a Prank Channel - SaiyanApprentice



Rainbow Dash decides to join the trend of being the internets next big prankster and will stop at nothing to be the number #1 Prank channel. Will she take things too far? Or will she be YouTubes next big sensation

  • ...
3
 68
 1,296

Rainboom.TV

Chapter 1: Rainboom.TV

“Is the camera rolling?” Rainbow asked her camera man.

“Yes….it's recording” Sunset replied unenthusiastically.

Sunset had no idea how she even got into this situation. One minute Rainbow Dash asks her to help her start a new channel on the popular video website YouTube, and the next she's outside Canterlot high filming Rainbow dash in front of the school.

Apparently Rainbow had been going on and on about starting a new channel where she goes around filming ‘pranks’, but getting dragged around being her cameraman wasn't on her to do list for the day. The only reason she agreed to do it was because Rainbow said she would pay her or share the ad revenue with her. If she even made any money.

But even now she was starting the think she wouldn't even see a penny of it anytime soon.

“Hey what is up my AWESOME viewers, this is Rainboom.TV and today I have a great prank for you guys” Rainbow dash said full of energy.

Sunset only continued to record Rainbow Dash, keeping the camera as steady as possible. They couldn't afford to buy a tripod stand due to limitation on cash. It was either an editing program or tripod stand for the camera. In the end they ended up buying the editing program, because why buy something to keep a camera still when you can have someone else do it for you while moving around for free.

“Today we are going to be pranking one of my good friends into thinking there's this BIG test tomorrow” Rainbow started. “And say that it's over everything we've learned so far in the semester”

Sunset couldn't help but interrupt the rainbow haired girl and even felt a little annoyed about the idea. “This sounds like the most obvious prank ever, how is that ever going to work?”

Rainbow Dash only gave a disappointing frown at her friend holding the camera. “Well one, because Twilight was absent from school yesterday. Two, she doesn't know what assignments she has to make up yet. And three!”

Rainbow Dash had to stop mid sentence to let out a few giggles. “Her reaction will be priceless, she'll believe anything that has to do with school assignments. I once made her do my homework, telling her she’ll get extra credit if she did”

Sunset shook her head and shrugged it off. “Alright, well don't go complaining if this doesn't go as planned”

Rainbow Dash ignored her friends comment and focused her attention back to the camera. “Alright now let's do this!”

~~~~~~~~~

Sunset Shimmer followed Rainbow Dash through the school halls, not taking the camera's sight off of her. As they were getting close to their destination, Rainbow kept turning around toward the camera multiple times, making weird gestures of thumbs up and goofy faces. They soon came upon a row of lockers, and in the middle of the row, gathering her things was none other than Twilight Sparkle.

Rainbow slowly approached her from behind and greeted her softly.

“Hey There Twi” she said in a sly tone.

Twilight slowly turned around to see Rainbow grinning at her.

“Oh...uh hi Rainbow” Twilight said.

Twilight the turned her attention the video camera that Sunset was holding up in front of the two. “Hey, what's with the camera?”

“Oh it's nothing” Rainbow said directing Twilight's attention back to her. “Just a documentary I'm filming”

Sunset rolled her eyes as she continued film rainbow. “Is this really worth the trouble of going through” she thought.

“Anyways Twilight, there was something important in history class we were told yesterday that you missed out on” said Rainbow.

Twilight looked at her friend with more curiously. “Oh really? What did I miss?”

At this point Rainbow was trying her hardest to keep a straight face, the bomb was about to be dropped.

“Well you see, you know how some students in are class are kinda rude and obnoxious right? Well the teacher decided yesterday, that we were going to be having a test Tomorrow over what we've learned so far” she said.

Twilight gave the rainbow haired girl a small smile. “Oh well that doesn't seem too bad, all I need is the notes from y-

“Hold on a second Twi, I don't think you understand” Rainbow said in more serious tone. “This is a test over EVERYTHING we've learned this last semester, and considering you haven't been here the whole semester. I assume you don't know all that we've gone over”

Twilight immediately went from 0 to 100 As an express of shock and fear came over her. “Wait what?! Tomorrow!!”

Sunset shimmer’s express changed along with Twilights. “She isn’t seriously buying this is she? This is definitely going to lead to trust issues later on, Celestia please help me

“Well...c-can't you help me?! You've have notes from the whole semester still right?!” She exclaimed with panic.

Rainbow Dash signed. “Common Twi, you know I'm not the best of students here at Canterlot high. My notes aren't really that good as they should, if you want to pass” Rainbow stated. “Well, unless you wouldn't mind getting a….B or lower”

Sunset could tell by Twilight's face that she was now mortified beyond words, trembling at the thought of losing her straight A status as a student.

“W-wha...I-I don..”

Rainbow Dash chuckled to herself and then patted Twilight on the back. “Better hit the books Twi, I mean this is only 60% of our fi-”

Before Rainbow Dash could finish what she was saying, Twilight sped off in the other direction at a speed that would impress anyone at the sight of it. Rainbow stood there dumbfounded, looking in the direction her friend had taken off in, she was silent for a brief moment before smiling and then laughed as she looked back at the camera.

“Oh my god! Hahaha, that was perfect” she said barely able to control herself.

Sunset however, wasn't laughing at the matter whatsoever. “Rainbow, that was cruel. You know she'll go off and study all night long, literally, what are you going to tell her tomorrow when she shows up at school with no sleep and probably half insane.

Rainbow Dash pondered for a second before looking at both the camera and Sunset giving them both a devious smile.

~~~~~~~~~

“It's just a prank bro” said Rainbow trying to control her laugh.

Twilight's eyes, now fully bloodshot, dark circles around them, and body full of exhaustion had somehow managed to make her eyes widen and give her friend a express of shock.

“W-wha…” The exhausted Twilight asked confused on what was going on.

“It's just a prank” Rainbow stated. “There's no big test today is history, it was all a joke. See look there's a camera”

Rainbow then pointed at Sunset shimmer who if it hadn’t obvious before was holding the camera in front of the two recording. But then again she could probably only focus on one thing at the moment while in current condition.

Twilight stood there still for a second before sighing in relief. “O-oh yay…that's a r-”

Before she could finish, Twilight had fainted and fallen to the floor, out cold. This only made Rainbow go into a state of panic, did the prank really not go according to plan?

“Oh shit! Did I kill her?!” She exclaimed.

Sunset signed. “No you didn't, she just passed out from exhaustion. All she needs is rest, so we might as well take her to the nurse's office so she can actually rest easy unlike the last 24 hours”

“Oh” Rainbow said, sighing in relief and chuckling a bit of how silly she was acting.

She then turned to Sunset. “You got that all on video right?”

Sunset nodded and pressed the Record button on the camera a second time to stop the recording. “Yes, I got it all on video. Are you going to upload it?”

Rainbow dash jumped up and swiped the camera from Sunset. “Hell yeah I am! That was perfect, and I know just what the titles gonna be”

Sunset looked at her in curiosity. “Oookay, what are you going to name it?”

Rainbow looked at sunset and gave her a determined grin. “HighSchool Test Prank (Gone Wrong) Passes out cold” she said in the most dramatic way possible.

Sunset face palmed at the sheer word ‘gone wrong’ in the title. Everything went according the way it should have. What did she expect when pranking Twilight? That she'd jump up fully of energy after not sleeping for 24 hours, laughing along saying it's okay just because it's a prank? Yeah right.

~~~~~~~~~

The next day had finally arrived and The two girls were now at Rainbows house, in her room relaxing after the previous day of pranking, editing and uploading. The video to Rainbow Dash had seemed perfect in her mind and she couldn't wait for people to see it. However Sunset was still on edge about these ‘Pranks’ as a whole, that Rainbow would call them. She wasn't sure if she'd go as far as Rainbow Dash would in terms her definition of a prank.

“I'm gonna go check the video and see what responses we have so far” said Rainbow sliding the computer over to her lap.

“It's only been up since last night. Do you really think many people have seen it since then?” Sunset asked.

“Oh course Sunset, I mean it's the Internet” said Rainbow. “Trust me, things spread faster than you think they do”

Rainbow Dash pulled her laptop to her side, then clicked the channel button to go to her YouTube page and once it popped up, she made a small giddy sound of excitement.

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!” She exclaimed. “The video already has over 5,000 views! And I've gained a couple hundred subs!”

Sunset then grabbed the computer and scooted it over toward her, she had to see this. “Let me look at that”

Sunset then clicked on the video to see that it indeed had over 5,000 views and then proceed to scroll down to the comment section. She was shocked to see all the positive comments that other people were leaving her.

“Wow Rainbow some of these comments are really positive. ‘Nice video!’ says footballmanic446. And ‘That was hilarious XD’ says machoman22” said Sunset.

Rainbow Dash's jumped up and down with excitement. “That's so...AWESOME! Read more” exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

Sunset happily nodded and continued to scroll down. But stopped at one that seemed rather questionable if it should be there. “Oh uh….well this one's rather...odd. ‘nice ass’ with a winky face, says Memescoper420” said Sunset

Rainbow Dash stopped her excitement and then leaned over toward sunset. “Wait what? Let me see that”

Rainbow then read the comment again about her rear-end to herself. “Eh…don't worry about it, just some guy trolling”

Sunset have an uneasy look at Rainbow. “Really, as you sure this guy's not just trying to harass you? Also what's a troll?”

“It's someone on the Internet who enjoys making fun of anyone they can or making someone mad for fun. They're just wasting there time with me though” said Rainbow proudly.

“If you say so Dash” said Sunset closing the computer.

There was a long silence between the two before Rainbow spoke up. “You know I probably could have done better, but that just gives me a better idea for my next big prank”

Sunset chuckled and looked over at her friend. “Oh really? And what's ‘Rainboom.TV’s’ next big prank?”

Rainbow Dash pondered for a second, thinking of what she could do. But then finally chuckled to herself as she gave a sunset a devilish smirk.