• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,294 Views, 24 Comments

Canterlot High Chronicles - Shadowsnake89



Canterlot High has many interesting students outside of Twilight's group. Ever wonder what do they do in their day?

  • ...
5
 24
 1,294

Black and Blue and Crimson All Over

In one of the local gyms, a girl with light blue skin and bright yellow hair gracefully moved around the boxing ring in the center of the room, shadowboxing and throwing furious combinations of punches. She stopped and turned to the camera crew who were just outside of the ring as the reporter called her. “Ms. Dust you've been given a great opportunity. Do you have anything special planned?”

She spoke confidently into the mic. “Everybody knows how great I am and I plan on showing you all. Indigo come over here.” Another girl with peach skin and dark blue hair comes into view next to her. “This is my trainer Indigo Zap. What are we gonna do cousin?”

“Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee,” The duo roar in each others faces. “Rumble young woman, rumble.” They roar once more.

“That's right, listen to her, she'll tell you. But if you don't believe her come and see me spar with the champ next Tuesday at 4 pm at his training camp at the North Star Hotel. If that's not proof enough than I don't know what to tell you.” She said as she went back to training and the reporter ended the interview.

“What a loud mouth,” Aria said as she and her sisters sat at their booth in their favorite diner. Along with them are the Rainbooms. “Jeez I hate that loudmouth.”

“Oh, you're just a little Ms. Grumpy pants because you lost the contest to her.” Sonata said as she draped herself over her sister's shoulders, to which Aria quickly brushed her off.

“Honestly, I don't know why you find so much pleasure in beating someone up or getting beat on yourself.” Adagio stated as she sipped her coffee.

“Of course you wouldn't understand.” An angry Aria said with her arms folded.

“It's all about the glory of victory, the satisfaction of dominating your opponent and proving you're the best out there.” Rainbow said as she leaned over from the next booth.

“That and I could have won a chance to spar with Pak.”

“Who the hay is Pak.” Applejack inquired.

“Duh, he's only the greatest fighter to ever come out of the Fillyppines,” Dash explained. “He's won more belts than anyone in history and he's coming here to train for his next fight.”

“This was my one chance to get to meet him and show what I could do,” Aria said as she put her head against the table. “Not only did I lose but now I can't even go to watch him train.”

“Well you could have if you hadn't got yourself two weeks detention by punching a hole clear through your desk.” Rarity stated.

“And beating on the Diamond Boys didn't help either.” Fluttershy added.

“Whatever, all I know is that I'm going to miss out on what could be the greatest event in my life.”

“You know we almost took over the world once, right?”

“Meh, that doesn't even come close.” Aria said, waving off Adagio's suggestion. Not far from them Derpy sat in a booth, having overheard their conversation. She smiled happily as she departed the restaurant and headed to someone she thought could help. Having met up with her two friends, Blueberry Pie and Raspberry Fluff, the three made their way to a small, light blue, one floor house in the suburbs. Derpy knocked lightly on the door as she heard someone shout from inside.

“I'll get it grandma!” A voice called as the door opened and Crimson Napalm walked out. “Derpy? What are you doing here?”

“We're here to help.” She and Raspberry said in unison as Blueberry chimed in after with a bike horn. He invited the three in as they explained the situation over a glass of lemonade.

“Yeah, Aria was pretty bummed about losing out,” Napalm said. “Even more so now that she can't go. I was going to go up there myself and at least get her an autograph but Tuesday's the only day training's open to the public. Plus with all the press coverage it'll make it near impossible to even get near him.”

“And that's where we come in,” Derpy stated. “Because it just so happens I'm a personal friend with someone who can get you in.”

“Are you sure about this?” He asked hesitantly.

“When have I ever been wrong about anything?”

One Month Ago

Crimson Napalm and Derpy began their task of giving the school steps between the first and second floor of the building a fresh coat of gray paint. Napalm began at the top and made his way down slowly. Unbeknownst to him, however, Derpy began at the bottom and made her way up. The two met up on the landing in the center as they bumped into each other.

“All done.” Derpy said with a confident smile as she viewed her good work. Meanwhile Napalm looked down at the freshly painted stairs and then up at the stairs he'd done that were still very much wet as well.

“Good work, now tell me this. How are you gonna get down without stepping in the paint.” He asked as she pondered for a moment.

“I know. You carry me.”

“Now why didn't I think of that?” Napalm said as he lightly slapped himself on the forehead. “Boy do I feel stupid. Alright, hop up.” Derpy hopped up into his arms as he carried her down the stairs. “Good call Derps. You know you don't get enough credit for great ideas.” As he placed her down he turned back to the stairs to see the foot print marks in the wet paint as well as the paint that now stained the floor along the trail he'd just made. He put his palm to his face in frustration for not realizing it earlier.

“What?” Derpy asked as Napalm simply put his palm in the paint then promptly pressed it on her face.

“Ahem.” The two turned as Vice Principal Luna stood behind them. The two could only smile, one innocently, the other nervously as the staff member tapped her foot.

Present

“I have no comment at this time.” Napalm said simply.

“Then it's settled. Quickly, to the muffin mobile.” She said as she put one foot up on the coffee table in front of her and looked upward.

“I thought we weren't calling the car that anymore.” Raspberry complained.

“Whose got their feet on the table?” An elderly woman's booming voice comes from one of the back rooms.

“No one grandma!” Napalm shouts back. “Let's go.” A short while later the group made their way into the hotel lobby where they meet up with Fleur Dis Lee. The Crystal Prep student happily greets Derpy and her friends as they entered the building.

“Derps,” She said as the two hugged. “So good to see you. You too Ms. Fluff.” Blueberry pops up from behind them and begins angrily waving her arms. “And how could I forget you Blueberry.”

“Wait, she's the friend you were talking about?” Napalm said in disbelief.

“Totally,” The walleyed blonde said as she turned to him. “We met at the the Friendship Games meet and greet. She gave me some tips about styling my hair and I shared some of my recipes.”

“And we quickly became the best of friends.” Fleur stated with a smile. “And you must be Crimson Napalm. Derpy's told me all about your rather difficult position but I think I have a solution.”

“Sorry but how are you supposed to help me to meet a world famous boxer?” Napalm's question caused Fleur to chuckle.

“It shouldn't be too hard. After all my father owns the hotel so I can pretty much get whatever I need.”

Napalm's jaw almost hits the floor from the revelation as Derpy slowly closes his mouth. “So do you think you can get him in to meet Pak?”

“That's definitely going to take some doing but I'm sure I can take care of it. Just give me some time to talk to daddy. In the meantime feel free to whatever you want at the restaurant over there, my treat.”

Blueberry said nothing and swiftly moved toward the dining area. “I'll keep her in check.” Raspberry said as she followed closely.

“Thanks.” Derpy hugged Fleur again before the group headed for the restaurant in the building to await their answer. While they wait Derpy kept the group entertained with a story of one of her misadventures. “So long story short, that's why I won't wear hats anymore.” The story leaves all three of her friends speechless.

“I thought I knew you.” Raspberry said, a disturbed look on her face.

Napalm's eye twitched as he couldn't even bring himself to finish his meal. “Well I could have gone the rest of my life without hearing that.” As they finish up Fleur returns with a half smile on her face. “So what's the word?”

“Good news,” She opened. “It was a bit of a fight to get it locked but you're in for Tuesday.”

Napalm and the others cheer happily as he surprises Fleur with a hug. “Fleur I love you like the sister I never had.”

She laughed nervously, wanting to add something on. “Well....”


Tuesday

“And now I hate you like the annoying cousin who comes over uninvited and breaks my stuff and you can't hit 'em because their family and you love them or some stuff like that.” Napalm said angrily, decked out in dark blue trunks, similarly colored headgear, and a white t-shirt as he and the girls walk up to the ring.

“Sorry,” Fleur whispered to him. “We were just lucky one of the sparring mates came down with a cold and left a free spot open.”

“Lucky for who? Pak? Because the way I see it I'm just target practice for him.”

“I thought you sparred with Aria all the time.”

“That's a sixteen year old girl with anger issues. This is the champion of the world with an eighty-three percent knockout rate!”

“Don't worry, we've got your back.” Derpy said as Rapberry, Blueberry, and herself follow behind, dressed as his team. The group proceed to the ring as Lighting Dust and Indigo Zap pass them.

“And that folks is how it's done. Need I say more.” Dust said, her hands raised in triumph.

“Actions speak for themselves.” Indigo said excitedly as the duo exited.

“Good luck. I'll be over there...praying...that...you know... you come out in one piece.” Fleur excused herself and nervously took her seat. The rocker got into the ring as Derpy and the others got his gloves on and put in his mouthpiece. He turned to look at Pak, a man of average height with pale reddish skin and black hair wearing yellow trunks.

“Remember, you only have to last three rounds,” Raspberry instructed as Napalm prepared himself. “Then it's as simple as going over and asking for an autograph.” The bell rang for the round as Napalm went out to meet the champ. “He's dead meat.” She admitted as Blueberry nodded in agreement.

The two moved to the center of the ring as Napalm threw out a few jabs that the champ effortlessly slipped. Pak threw a series of jabs in response that easily catch the kid in the face. The rocker starts to move around the ring as he pursues, crowding him as he throws punches that continually found their mark. The bell rings ending the round as Napalm sits in the corner. “You're not doing bad.” Derpy said as she wiped his face with a towel. Blueberry tried to help by spraying water in his mouth but only succeeded in squirting it in his eye.

The next round Pak picked it up and began to get aggressive, forcing Napalm against the ropes as he strings together furious combinations. As the session goes on, ringside, Fleur is began to have second thoughts about setting the whole thing up as she nervously bites her lip. Pinned and with little else to do, Napalm did the only thing he could and through a right hook that connected to Pak's face which caused him to stagger for a moment. He proceeded to go on the offensive as the champion regained his senses and the two exchanged punches, neither giving ground.

“Yeah, that's it!” Derpy shouted as those in attendance took notice of the young man giving the champ a workout, many of the photographers snapping shots.

“He's not doing half bad,” Raspberry said just before her expression changed to one of horror as a thudding punch put Napalm down. “Of course he's not doing too good either.” Blueberry responded by covering her eyes. Pak stepped back as his downed opponent struggled to get to his feet, pulling himself up with the ropes as the bell rang. Staggering back to his corner Derpy and the girls helped him to the stool to rest.

“Good news,” The blonde said as she gave him water and Blueberry massaged his shoulders. “You've only got one more round.”

“The bad news is you still have one round left,” Raspberry told him as she lightly slapped him in the face as the next round began. “Just don't die and you're golden.”

Napalm did fairly well as the two went toe to toe. Unfortunately for Napalm, he found this to be a serious mistake as he took a hard right-left-right combination to the head, trapped against the ropes. He fights back only to be quickly taken out by a fast left hook that puts him to the canvas again. The rocker attempted to get up only to fall flat on his back which ended the session. Fleur jumped up from her seat and headed into the ring as the other girls headed in as well to check on their friend as Pak lifted him up and took him back to his corner.

“That was insane!” Fleur said excitedly as she surprised the rocker with a hug of her own. “You've got to be the craziest person I've ever met!”

“Coming from the girl who set this up.” He noted as she shrugged her shoulders.

“You're a good fighter.” Pak said simply as he patted him on the back.

“Th...thanks,” He stuttered to respond as the girls tended to him. “Hey, why I'm still conscious could I ask a favor?”


Friday

“Well I hope you've learned to have a proper respect for school property Ms. Blaze.” The Vice Principal said as Aria finished her final day of detention.

“Yes ma'am.” She responded dully as she was excused. Grabbing her bag she headed for the Apple Family farm where Crimson Napalm was waiting on the steps with a sealed manila envelope. “Hey, haven't seen you all week. Where were you?”

“I had some stuff to take care of,” He said as he invited her to sit next to him.

“Listen I appreciate whatever it is you're trying to do but I'm not in the mood right now.”

“Come on, I promise you it'll be worth it.” She finally submitted to his request and joined him. “They mailed this out earlier today but I wanted you to be the first to see it.”

Giving him a curious look she took the envelope and slowly opened it. Her eyes widened as she saw what was inside. “This...this can't be real.”

“It's real alright.”

“An autographed picture of Pak with my name on it.” She screamed excitedly, something that Napalm wasn't even sure she was capable of as she read it. “'To Aria Blaze. Keep up the fight. Pak.' How did you...?”

“I had a lot of help. So what do you think?”

“What do I think?” She grabbed him a kissed him on the lips. “I love it. But I think this one's my favorite.” She pulled out another photo, this one of Napalm flat on his back in the sparring session with Pak in the background. Napalm could only look away in embarrassment as Aria rested her head on his shoulder, chuckling. “That's my boyfriend, getting whooped on by the champ. That's definitely going on the wall.”

“Glad you like it,” He said as the two shared a kiss. “There's only one problem.”

“What's that?”

“At this rate I'm going to kill myself trying to find you a birthday present.”