• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,284 Views, 24 Comments

Canterlot High Chronicles - Shadowsnake89



Canterlot High has many interesting students outside of Twilight's group. Ever wonder what do they do in their day?

  • ...
5
 24
 1,284

The Spy Who Friended Me: Part 1

High in the Yakyakistan mountains a lone climber scales a remarkably steep cliff. Making quick work of the obstacles and reaching the top the figure, covered in heavy winter clothing and goggles took a moment and sat on the edge of the now conquered cliff which overlooked the entire mountain range. “Boone, Boone!” A voice called out behind as a young boy ran up.

“Calm down Ro,” The figure stood up, taking off the goggles and winter hat to reveal a young man with pale white skin and dark brown hair. “What's all the commotion about?”

“You got a package. It's back at your house.”

“Any idea who it's from?”

The boy simply shook his head. “They didn't say. They said just to make sure you got it. It looked real important so I didn't want to mess with it.”

“ Guess it's not those cookies mom said she was sending then.” Boone followed the boy back to a small but bustling village and the two head over to a small, wooden shack that served as the mans home. Seated by the door was the aforementioned package, a manila envelope. “Thanks a lot Ro. Here ya go. Buy yourself some candy.” He said as he placed a few coins into the boys hand, who promptly and happily runs off.

Boone, having grabbed the envelope, entered his humble abode, took out a knife and cut it open. Inside was a check for a rather large sum of money that easily caught his attention with a sharp whistle. “Boy, check included? They must really be confident I'll take this job.” He thought to himself as he continued. Scrolling through the other papers he passed through a collection of dossiers. “Their bringing everyone in for this.” He wondered to himself just who could warrant everything in front of him.

Attached to the mission file was the final dossier of the target, which caused Boone to give a small smirk. “Found her.”


Canterlot High (One Week Later)

“First off I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to be here,” An excited Lyra Heartstrings said to her very small audience of Rose Heart and Flash Sentry. The two looked around to see if anyone other than themselves had accepted the invite from Lyra that had been slipped into their lockers. “Thought there would be a few more people here admittedly.”

The two attendees look at each other nervously for a moment before turning back to Lyra. Flash was the first to comment, putting his phone away as he gave Lyra his undivided attention. “Yeah, the others said they were sorry for not being here but this was kind of last minute.”

“It was pretty sudden,” Rose Heart admitted. “What's this all about anyway?”

“Well I called you guys here to ask a big favor,” Lyra said with a smile. “I was hoping you guys could spend some time with Bon Bon. Me and her hang out all the time but she never really branches out. Honestly, sometimes it seems like she goes out of her way to not be seen. My family and I are going on a trip to see my grandma next week so I thought that maybe you guys might be able to help her socialize a little bit more.”

“Sure, why not?” Rose Heart answered. “That's what friends are for.”

“I'm cool with that. We were teamed up in the Friendship Games so that might help break the ice a bit.” Flash added as Lyra jumped with joy.

“Thank you guys so much. I can't wait to tell Bon Bon,” She stopped to check the time on her phone. “That is if she was on time for once.”


Meanwhile

In a dimly lit industrial complex a lone person, dressed from head to toe in black stealthily made their way around the multi-storied building. Making themselves scarce as the skeleton crew roamed around, the intruder made their way to an isolated room. After checking to make sure the coast was clear, they placed a device on the electronic door lock which, after a few seconds, bypassed the security and opened it. Walking into the room and passed the disabled security, the figure made their way over to a portrait on the far wall, removing it to reveal a safe and effortlessly opens it, ignoring stacks of cash and jewels. Instead they go for a lone envelope filled to the brim with documents and places them in a duffle bag that they then sling over their shoulder.

“Too easy.” They said simply as a vibrating sensation traveled up their leg. Pulling out a phone from their pocket the figure sighed as they saw the callers name before answering quietly. “Hello.”

“Bon Bon where are you? I've got everybody waiting here.”

“Lyra this really isn't the best time.” She stopped as she slowly turns her head to find the doorway blocked by a man in a three piece suit, complete with a bowler hat and cane. Flanking either side of him is a security guard.

“Well well well. What do we 'ave 'ere? ” He said with a Cockney accent as he tilted his cane forward, gesturing for the guards to apprehend the thief.

“Can I call you back?” Bon Bon asked as she flipped over the first guard, using the momentum to kick the second in the chest. As he stumbled backward she swept his legs, knocking him flat on his back. The second turned around and tackled her to the ground.

“Come on Bon Bon. You do this all the time.” Lyra complained, unaware of her friends predicament. “I get some friends together to hang out and you blow it off.”

Bon Bon dropped the phone for a moment and chopped the guard on both sides of his neck, forcing him to roll over in pain. The second, having gotten to his feet again is quickly put back down by a roundhouse kick from the girl. She then flipped forward, knocking out the first guard as he lay on the floor and picking up her phone.

“If yew wan' somethin' done right, do i' yaaahrself.” The last standing man said as he removed his jacket and hat and flipped the base of the cane into his right hand.

“Okay, look I'll meet everyone at our usual spot. I just need to take care of something first.” She hung up the phone as the armed man made his way toward her. “Long time no see huh Chap?”

“I've been waitin' ter pay yew back fer what last job lass.” He rushed forward, swinging the cane by the tip and forcing Bon Bon against a desk. He swung downward only for her to flip backward over the desk. She effortlessly dodged several swings before taking chair behind her and swiftly hurling it in his direction before making a break for the door. Chap outmaneuvered her, coming at her again and forcing her away from the door and against a pillar. He swung to either side of it as the girl spun from one side to the other.

She waited for just the right moment, grabbing hold of the cane as it clanged against the pillar. “Thanks for the springboard,” The girl said as she spun around the pillar, kicking Chap in the back of the head, slamming his face against the support and knocking him out. “Oh and thanks for making this easy. I had a previous engagement to get to anyway.” Having strapped the bag to her back, she got a running start before crashing through the window and out of the building, using a set of retractable wings to glide away from the scene. During her descent she made a call using a built in headset in her mask. “Hey, I could really use a jump jet. I'm late as it is.”

Laying face first on the floor, Chap hears the ringing of his cellphone. With his face still to the floor he answered. “Yeah what do yew want?” He answered. “Hey, been a while. How's fngs?... Oh yeah? Thee won't believe dis but yew just missed 'er actually. Thee don't say? Pret'y sure I'm fired so yew be'er believe I'm in. So, who else is comin' wiv us?”

A short time later Bon Bon rushed to meet Lyra and the others, hurrying into the cafe where they are already waiting. “Sorry I'm late, my boss wanted me to pick up a few things for him.”

“That guy always seems to have something for you to do on your day off.” Lyra said, seated between Flash and Rose Heart. “You should really think about looking for another job.”

“Trust me Lyra, it's not that easy.” She said as she sat across the table from the others.

“It's cool then. By the way I ordered your regular.” Lyra said casually. “Well, now that you're here we can kick this thing off. Bon, this is my friend Rose Heart. Remember I introduced you a while back.”

“We met at Rarity's fashion show.” Rose Heart said with a smile.

“Right. Good to see you again.”

“And of course you know Flash Sentry.”

“Hey, what's up.” The guitarist greeted with a wave.

“Trust me, there's no way I'd forget him.” Bon Bon said, her face blushing slightly.

“Now that everybody's introduced I'd like to...”

“Table six, your order is ready.” A young woman at the counter announced as Lyra got up.

“Oh, that's us. I'll get the drinks you all just enjoy each others company.”

“Okay take your time.” Bon Bon said as her friend left the three to talk. Once Lyra was out of sight the girl's expression abruptly changed from a smile to a very stern frown as she addressed the two. “Alright look, I know Lyra has this whole thing where we become friends planned out. Here's the thing, I don't need any new friends, pals or chums.”

“But,” Rose attempted to speak before being cut off.

“If you want to keep that ruby colored mess you call hair on your head don't interrupt again.” Rose promptly closed her mouth as Bon Bon continued. “So here's how it's going to go down: We all put on this buddy buddy performance when Lyra's around. Other than that I don't want to have anything to do with the both of you. Don't talk to me, don't wave, heck don't even admit you know me. You got that?” The two confused teens give an uncertain nod seconds before Lyra returns.

“So how's everyone doing?” She asked as she handed them their beverages.

“I think we all understand each other just fine.”


Three Days Later

As school let's out for the day Flash made his way outside with his band mates. “So you want to go practice?” Brawly asked.

“Yeah we could practice getting Brawly a girlfriend.” Ringo joked, putting on a small smile.

“You know you don't say much, but when you do it makes me want to hurt you.”

“Sorry guys I can't I have to meet up with B...” Flash stopped, remembering what was said a few days before. “a friend. I'll have to catch you guys later.”

“Yeah, check you later.” Ringo said as he looked back at the front entrance. “Hey there's Trixie. I bet she'd have coffee with you for another twenty bucks.”

“That's it!” Brawly pulled out his drum sticks from his back pocket and menacingly chased after the bass player. Meanwhile, Flash had made it to his car as he heard someone run up behind him, calling his name. He turned to see Rose Heart rushing to catch him.

After straightening her clothes she addressed him. “Mind if I bum a ride from you.”

“Headed the same place so I don't see why not. Hop in.” As the two made their way to meet Lyra and her rather aggressive friend, the two decided to strike up conversation. “So.....”

“Are we really doing this?” Rose asked. “I mean really doing this?”

“Lyra asked us to try.”

“Yeah but I think Bon Bon made it pretty clear that we aren't exactly her favorite people on the planet. I mean who would have thought under that sweet persona could be someone so bitter?”

Flash stopped the car at an intersection as they waited for the light to change. “I'll admit she's not...friendly.”

“That's putting it mildly. She's rude, condescending, not at all pleasant to be around and on top of that she has an nauseatingly close relationship with her best friend. Why don't we just explain to Lyra that this isn't going to work out?”

“Maybe you're right.”

“Maybe?”

“Okay, you are right. We're doing this for Lyra but it's not really helping by making her think everybody's friends when we're not. Let's tell her gently though, agreed?”

“Right.” The light finally changed as they continued on silently to their destination. Rose turned to Flash every so often before finally saying what was on her mind. “You don't think my hair looks a mess do you?” The two eventually arrived at the park where Lyra and Bon Bon were already waiting. The two have their school bags on them, a sign that they came straight there, same as the others. They both take a deep breath before getting out of the vehicle to meet them. The group took a short walk through the park as both Rose and Flash attempted to find just the right time to break the bad news to the cyan haired girl.

“So I was thinking,” Lyra began only to be interrupted by the ringing of her cellphone. “Hello? Hey how's it...Oh really? Yeah, I'm still at the park. Alright, love you too.”

“Something wrong?” Rose asked.

“That was my mom. Turns out we have to leave today. Something about my aunt and my cousin's fiancee butting heads and she kind of has to be the unfortunate mediator.” Lyra tucked her phone away and turned back to her friends. “Sorry guys, but at least you all can still hang out while I'm gone.”

The three traded glances between them with forced smiles. “That sounds like a blast, right?” Flash said in an attempt to sound as sincere as possible. He nudged Rose, encouraging her to comment as well.

“Yeah, it'll be a real hoot.” Rose commented as Bon Bon simply nodded.

Before long a car pulled up outside the park, honking the horn as Lyra turned and waved to the driver. “That's my mom. Gotta go.” She pulled the three in for a group hug which, unknown to her, made them extremely uncomfortable. “I'm gonna miss you. I'll see you all when I get back and I can't wait to hear all the crazy stories you'll have when I get back.”

The three said their goodbyes and stood next to each other, smiling and waving until the car pulled off and Lyra was out of sight. At that instance the three quickly changed their expressions. “Later.” Bon Bon said plainly as she distanced herself from the two and exited the park.

“Rude,” The ruby haired girl said as they watched Bon Bon disappeared around a corner. Now having no plans thanks to Lyra's departure, Rose turned back to Flash. “So, wanna show a lady a good time?” She said jokingly before she noticed something on the ground. “What's that?”

Flash turned his gaze toward the ground and bent over to pick the item up. “It's Bon Bon's phone. Must have fallen out of her bag. Come on, maybe we can catch her before she gets to far.” Flash suggested as the two raced after the girl who was already out of view. Having made their way to the city street they looked around only to find that the girl had completely vanished. “She couldn't have gotten that far.”

As they continued their search the two were startled by a shrieking voice from behind. “Yow!” They spun around to see a girl with light green hair going down her back smiling excitedly. “Canterlot High dudes. Wha-wha-what is up?” She sang as the two soon recognized the girl, who was wearing a white blouse with a black skirt, by her signature pink headphones.

“Hey, Lemon Zest,” Flash said as the two fist bumped. “How's it going?”

“Oh you know, bit of this and that. On my way to work right now.”

As the two rockers conversed about music and an upcoming concert, Rose decided to interrupt and get back to the matter at hand. “Uh Flash, we kind of need to get back to finding Bon Bon.”

“Right, sorry.” The rocker rubbed the back of his head out of embarrassment for letting himself get sidetracked.

“Wait, you guys looking for Bon Bon?” Zest asked as they gave a confirming nod. “That's so cra-cra-crazy! We work at the same place. You guys follow me and I'll take you right to her.”

“That's what I call convenience.” Rose and Flash followed the girl as she led them to a rather ordinary two story building. The front sign is small and several of the bulbs in the window frame have shorted out. “Well everyone has to work I suppose.” Rose said beneath her breath as they headed inside. The interior of the building was just as drab as the outside, with old wooden chairs in the waiting room and a woman with a bright smile at the front desk.

“What's happenin' Ida?” Zest greeted as she gave the woman a high five. Flash and Rose are shocked to see the girl's hand pass straight through Ida. They trade glances as the woman takes notice of Lemon Zest.

“Welcome Ms. Zest.” Ida said in a digitized voice before turning to the others. “Warning, unauthorized personnel in the vicinity.”

“Relax Ida, they're with me.” Zest said as she held up a card that she scanned through a reader on the wall. “We good?”

“Personnel recognized. Authorization granted.” A panel opens along the back wall as Zest gestures for the other two stare in disbelief before following. “Have a nice day.”

“Thanks Ida. We'll work on that high five thing. Don't worry you'll get it.” Zest entered the opening that led to an elevator as her two speechless companions joined her. The door then closed and the elevator began to descend. “Ida's nice.” She commented simply as Rose and Flash remand in stunned silence. “Stands for Interactive Digital Assistant. Got to work on her personality though. Told her she needs to get out more. Hey you guys alright?”

“What was that all about?” Rose blurted out.

“You guys never had to punch in for work?” Zest asked puzzled before she remembered. “Oh right. Here, put these on.” She handed each of them a watch that they placed on their wrists, then pressed a button on them as a field of light covered the two. The light died down as the two were now dressed in black and white, Rose with the same skirt and blouse combo and Flash in a similar colored suit and tie.

“How did you...” Flash questioned in both amazement an shock.

“Hard light watches. Aren't they just awesome? This way you guys won't stick out.” Zest explained as the door finally opened. The two, thinking they had seen everything were corrected as they witnessed a large officer center in what was supposed to be the basement of the building. All around dozens of men and women, dressed in the same black and white as they were, went about their business. “Come on I'll take you guys to Bon Bon. We've got an assignment so she'll be in our office.”

The two hesitated for a moment, still standing in the elevator as Flash whispered to Rose. “Something tells me we would have been better off just giving Zest the phone.”

They exited the box as Rose replied. “Something tells me you're right.”

Author's Note:

Please forgive Chap's lines. I honestly don't know what I was thinking with the accent.