• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,294 Views, 24 Comments

Canterlot High Chronicles - Shadowsnake89



Canterlot High has many interesting students outside of Twilight's group. Ever wonder what do they do in their day?

  • ...
5
 24
 1,294

The Spy Who Friended Me: Part 2

Returning a lost phone to a classmate seemed a simple enough task to Flash and Rose. Unfortunately for them they had to run into Lemon Zest, who had now led them into what looked like something out of a spy film. “And this is cafeteria,” Zest said as she took the two on a tour of the facility. “they have the tastiest enchiladas on Thursdays.”

“Uh, Lemon Zest,” Flash interrupted as the girl talked up a storm. “What exactly is all of this?”

“Oh right, sorry guys I get a bit wonky when I give these tours.”

“How many of these things have you given?” Rose Heart inquired as they rounded a corner.

Zest scratched her head at the question as she tried to think. “Don't know. Can't really remember after the last mind wipe.”

Flash and Rose stopped in their tracks before asking in unison, “Mind wipe?”

“Yeah, apparently sometimes I do things that aren't allowed and I have to get my memories erased back to a certain point. It's really not that bad and there's absolutely no negative side....” The green haired girl stopped as if her body shut down and her eyes went crossed. Rose walked in front of her and snapped her fingers in Zest's face as she came out of her trance. “effects. What was I saying?”

“You were going to explain what exactly this place is.” Rose answered as Zest shook her head in an attempt to get her senses about her.

“Right, well you dudes remember the Friendship Games when Twilight went all BAM! POW! KABOOM?!” They nodded as they recounted the events of that day. “Well after all that awesomeness agent Sweetie Drops asked me to join the team.”

“Sweetie Drops?” The two teens asked.

“Yeah, that's Bon Bon's code name. I'm Special Agent On Air. How cool is that? Anyway she said the organization is dedicated to protecting the world from all forms of danger, including magical disturbances like what happened then. Then they made us partners and we've worked together for a few months now.”

“This can't be real,” Flash responded in an attempt to make sense of it all. “This is a joke right? This is someone pulling a prank on us and there's a hidden camera in the wall somewhere.” He put his hand to the wall, feeling for a hole where the camera could be.

Zest stared in confusion as she watched the scene. “Sorry dude, no pranks going on here. Administration banned them after someone accidentally triggered a reactor meltdown.” The girl's face blushed with embarrassment after the explanation. “Right this way.” The trio finally arrived at an office door that had both girl's code names on it. “You guys wait here a second.” Zest stepped inside and closed the door behind her.

“On Air, where have you been?” The girl with the two toned haired asked, seated at her desk and looking none to pleased. “You're late again.”

“Oh come on Bon Bon. It was like half an hour. What's the worst that could happen since then?”

The girl jumped up putting her hand over the rocker girl's mouth. “I told you never to use my real name around here. There's no one I can trust in this place, not one-hundred percent anyway.”

“Then you probably shouldn't leave things like this laying around.” Zest said as she handed Bon Bon her phone.

“My phone? What the...?” She said in shock as she reached into her backpack where the device was originally located only to find it missing. “Where did you get this?”

Zest put on a huge smile as she responded. “Just some good samaritans who you might be familiar with. BOOM!” The girl quickly pulled the door open to reveal Flash and Rose Heart, who simply waved sheepishly.


Meanwhile

In the lobby of the headquarters, Boone, Chap and three others walk to the front desk. Each of them are dressed in black with various gear strapped to them. “Do you have an appointment?” I.D.A asked as Boone simply walked around the desk. “I'm sorry but you are not have access passed this point.”

“Hey Hung Jury, you think you can shut this annoying thing off?” Boone asked as brown skinned man with white hair stepped forward.

“No problem at all,” He removed a small hand held device from one of the pockets on his vest and plugs a cord from it into the reader. “Just have to make a few adjustments and... there we go.” A slight tweak to the system quickly silenced I.D.A, dissipating the hologram manning the front desk and giving the group access to the systems of the entire building.

“So we've got access?”

“Yep. Got any requests?”


Sweetie Drops Office

Flash and Rose couldn't help but sweat nervously as Bon Bon, or rather Sweetie Drops as she was known here, gave them an disapproving glare. “What are they doing here?” She demanded to know as her eyes narrowed. “How could you bring them here of all places?”

“What?” Zest said, puzzled to why her partner was in a worse mood than usual. “I just thought you'd be happy to see your buds.”

“First off these two aren't my friends. Second, you know the rules about bringing people in here.” Bon Bon pushed the green haired girl aside as she addressed the two herself. “And as for you two, I told you we aren't friends and we never will be.” Before she can say anything further an announcement comes over the intercom.

“Attention all agents. We have an emergency situation. Please report to the briefing room. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.” I.D.A says as the group listen in.

Bon Bon could only face palm as she dreads what this was all about. “With my luck this has something to do with you two. Stay here until I get back.”

“Yeah, let's go partner!” Lemon Zest attempted to follow her out only to receive a shove.

“Oh no you don't. This all your fault so you're staying with them. If it turns out to be something else you make sure no one comes in here except me. If not, you know what to expect.” She glared furiously at Zest before exiting the room, slamming the door behind her.

“Bummer dudes.”

Rose walked over and placed a consoling hand on Zest's shoulder. “Sorry about all this.”

“Yeah we didn't mean to bring all of this on you.” Flash added as the three waited for the agents return. “So what comes next?”

“Believe me when I say it's not going to be fun when she gets back.” Zest answered, her shoulders slumped and her gaze pointed toward the ground. She perked up without warning with a huge smile on her face. “Hey, you guys want to see something cool? She said we couldn't leave the room. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves 'til she gets back.” Pressing a button on the wall opens several panels on the wall. One contains an assortment of refreshments, another a game console with a vast library of to choose from.

“Sweet,” Flash said as he gazed at the array of items.

“I've only seen this on those home makeover shows.” Stated an impressed Rose Heart as Zest passed her the remote to a large flat screen television.

“Help yourselves. We get every channel under the sun including pay-per-view events all for free.” The two promptly complied and partook of all the food and entertainment as they awaited Bon Bon's return. “You know even though she's pretty grumpy, Bon Bon can be nice when she wants to be. I have a tendency to goof around and not take things to seriously on occasion even on assignments. But you know, she stuck up for me when they wanted to toss me out of the organization, which wasn't the best for her career.”

“That was actually really nice of her.” Rose commented as she sat in on a couch that was fixed into on of the wall panels.

“She may not think we're that close but after all she's done for me I'd say Bonny is the best friend I've ever had.”

“Bon Bon definitely has her own unique way of showing her feelings.” Flash admitted.

“Well she can't be all bad if she has the Lyra Heartstrings seal of approval.” The red haired girl helped herself to the snacks as they continued to talk. “Maybe we just misjudged her.” Their conversation is interrupted by the ring of Zest's cellphone.

“It's Bon Bon,” Zest glanced at her phone and saw her number run across the screen. “Hey Agent Sweetie Drops. What's the word?” Zest's expression changed from a half smile to one of complete worry as she listened. “What do you need me to do? Got it.”

“Everything alright?” A concerned Flash inquired as she turned back to the two with an uncharacteristically serious face. “Stay here. I've got work to do.”

Several Minutes Earlier

Sweetie Drops rushed to make it to the emergency meeting. She sporadically looked at her watch to check the time, stopping to make an inquiry at one of the wall terminals. “I.D.A please tell me the meeting hasn't started yet.” The agent looked up impatiently as the system gave her no response. “I.D.A, status report. I.D.A?” Her eyebrow raised slightly as she examined the box observing it was functional but the interface was not responding.

“Here's hoping that's the emergency.” She said to herself as she rounded the corner to the briefing room. She froze for a moment when she spotted a lone figure, clad in black, standing in front of the door. Ducking back around the corner she swiftly pulled a small roach like robot from a compartment on her watch. Pressing a button on the watch opened a video screen as the robot began to scurry across the floor and up the wall, the screen allowing her to see what it sees. The bug makes it's way down the hall by way of the ceiling and stops just over the unidentified person.

“Have you guys found her yet?” He asked his compatriots inside as they sorted through the unconscious bodies of the agents. “How hard could it be to find one person?”

“You know Ten Gallon, if you wanted this over already you'd be in here helping us look.” The lone female in the group stated as they continued to sift through the group. “Hung got them all in here and gassed everybody and even he's in here.”

“Tell you you what Golden Glove, I'll let you guys keep doing what you're doing and you let me guard the door.”

“Guard it from what?! Everyone is in here!”

“Just ignore him,” Boone interceded in the potential fight, taking Golden Glove to the side. “Every team has a fall guy. So if this goes south guess who's taking the blame?” He whispered to her as she let loose a devious smile and got back to the search as Ten Gallon shut the door.

Meanwhile Sweetie Drops, having finished listening to the conversation decided to act. “Looks like I'm handling this one solo.” She took control of the bug again as it dropped down from above Ten Gallon, landing on the ground to the right of him.

He immediately turned his gaze downward at the object. “Stupid bug, you go squish now.” He slammed his foot down only to miss as it moved around the floor. He continuously tried to smash the nuisance, turning around several times. Sweetie Drops took full advantage of the distraction and got behind him, stealthily taking him out and laying him against the wall. Using her watch's hard light option to disguise herself as Ten Gallon and also masks her voice before she entered the room.

“Finally decided to help huh?” Glove snapped as the agent entered the room.

“Well it was getting boring out their waiting for you slowpokes to get done. So I thought I'd help speed things up.” She, or rather he began to search with the rest of the mercenaries. “Who are we looking for again?”

“We're lookin' fer what blasted Sweetie Drops kid. Didn't yew pay attenshun durin' da briefing? Know what I mean?” Chap asked the younger merc.

“No we don't know what you mean,” Golden Glove shouted. “No one knows what you mean! Speak English man!”

Chap waved her off before getting back to the search. “Um, of course I remember. I'm just not good with names is all.”

“How could you forget?” Boone questioned. “It was the only name on the debriefing packet to remember. Just look for the chick with the pink and blue hair and that should be a dead giveaway.”

“Right, sorry sir.” The disguised agent answered apologetically before continuing to observe the group. She knew from past experiences that Boone was a handful on his own without this others, whom she had no current information about. With the other agents out of commission and I.D.A seemingly disabled, she admitted to herself she had one other option. “Did you hear that?”

“What?”

“Sounded like someone's out there. I'll check it out. Better safe than sorry right.” She excused herself before heading back out the door.

“More like better lazy.” Glove spoke under her breath as the rest continued.

Outside the door, Sweetie Drops, still in her camouflage, dragged Ten Gallon across the hall to stash him in another room, placing him behind a desk. After dealing with that she got on her communicator only to find it's been disabled by the I.D.A system going down. “Terrific,” She instantly remembered her cellphone and quickly brought up Zest's number. “Listen, I need your help. We've got a security breach and everyone else is out of action. I need you to grab some gear and make your way around the south side of the compound and meet me in....” Before she could finish she heard someone approaching and cut the call short. “Have to go. Hurry.”

As she exited the room the holo Ten Gallon was met by Golden Glove. “Hey. Just checking the room.”

“Uh-huh,” Glove answered blandly. “Boone wanted me to help you search for any possible stragglers just in case. Elevator's out anyway but he wants us to check the core system so no one can reboot security.”

“Right, lets go.” As the door Ten Gallon stepped out of closed, Glove caught sight of a pair of boots sticking out from behind the desk in the room. She kept it to herself as the two walked down the hall. Subtly, she began to fall behind Ten Gallon as they headed toward the power core. Once she knew she wasn't seen, she drew her signature brass knuckles, placing a set on each hand. She stopped in her tracks, winding her right hand back for a punch.

Her swing came furiously forward. Sweetie Drops caught it out of the corner of her eyes managing to dodge it at the last second. She spun around only to be backed up as the mercenary threw a barrage of punches. Finding herself against the wall, she dodged several more shots before attempting to parry the blows. This proved to be a grave mistake as a punch caught her left wrist, smashing both it and the holo watch, revealing her. She kicked Glove in the stomach then in one of her legs, forcing her to the ground and giving the agent time to flee.

Instead of pursuing, Golden Glove wisely ran back to the others to alert them. Sweetie on the other hand, made as much distance between her and them as possible before ducking into a nearby room to address her injury. She gently closed the door so as not to alert her pursuers. To her shock a hand quickly covered her mouth, pulling her further into the dimly lit space. “It's okay, it's me.” The familiar voice of Zest said as she released her grip on her partner.

“You alright?” Sweetie Drops gave a silent nod before she looked behind Zest and spotted Flash and Rose.

She was split between her anger and the pain that continued to jolt from her wrist. “What are they doing here? I told you to...”

“We know what you told her.” Flash interrupted as Rose went over to check on the girl's injured wrist.

“But we weren't about to let you two go into this without help.” Rose took some fabric out of her bag and made a makeshift brace for Sweetie Drops.

After getting her hand dressed, Zest handed her what looked like an EpiPen which she injected into the area around her wrist. After regaining some composure she stood up and turned away, once again looking outside the door, spotting the mercenaries coming down the hall. “I don't need your help,” She says coldly as she holds her injured member. “I'll draw them off. On Air, wait a bit than follow behind once their after me.”

“But,” Zest attempted to argue the plan only to receive a glare from her partner.

“Just do what I say,” Zest noticed the girl's stare lightened just before she turned away. “Please.”

You two please just stay put.”

The three could only watch as Sweetie walked into the hall and greeted the four still active intruders. “Looking for me Boone? I'm touched.” She threw a pellet at the ground ahead of them that put a thick cloud of smoke between them and her as she raced away.

“Golden Glove, Hung Jury, after her!” Boone shouted as the group gave chase. “Chap come on, we'll head her off.” The two run the other way.

As soon as all is clear Zest emerges followed by Rose and Flash. The rocker girl looks down the hall then turns back to the two. “I know what you guys are thinking,” She said in an unusually grim voice. “You want to help her I know, but there's no way I can let you guys come with me.” Her face abruptly changed from it's serious look to a toothy smile. “Not without the proper equipment anyway.”

At the other end of the complex, Sweetie Drops is halted on both sides by the band of mercenaries. “Alright, here's the deal,” Boone announced to the surrounded agent. “You can come quietly or things can get very very violent. Your choice.”

She said nothing, simply put up her hand and gestured for them to come forward. “Lawd above! No mawer talk, let's get i' done., innit.” Chap said as he prepared his cane.

“Please, please shut up already!” Golden Glove screamed as she rushed forward. She threw several punches as the agent backed away. She jumped into the air, avoiding Chap from behind as his cane connected with Glove, knocking her down. “Watch it!” She swung at the man, hitting him in the side of the face and the two began fighting each other.

“We're getting off target here.” Hung Jury declared as he shot out a thin wire from a holster on his side that wrapped around Sweetie Drops as Boone kicks the other two away from each other.

“Time to end this,” Boone said as he rushed forward, two blades extending from devices on his wrists. His target evades multiple slashes from him as Hung Jury pulls the cable in an attempt to keep her off balance. Sweetie maneuvered her body into a position that causes Boone to cut through the cable, freeing her as she kicked him away. Just as she freed herself, Chap came in from the side striking her in the face with his cane. She hits the ground hard as Boone and the others surround her. “Really should have come quietly.”

“And you should really watch your back,” Zest shouted as she flew in with a kick that knocked down Golden Glove. “You okay partner?”

“I've been better but I'll live.”

“Too bad it's still four on two.” Hung Jury smirked as he prepared another length of wire and the others prepared for a new fight.

“I'd actually recount if I were you.” They turn to see Flash and Rose Heart behind them.

Sweetie looks at Zest with a bit of concern only for the girl to give a confident nod. “Things just got a bit more complicated.” Boone admitted as each of his compatriots picked a target: Golden Glove taking Lemon Zest, Hung Jury picking out Rose Heart and Chap choosing Flash.

“Or more interesting.” Golden Glove said with an twisted smirk as she charged toward Lemon Zest. Rose and Flash run away as Jury and Chap give chase.

“Now let's finish this.” Boone prepared his blades for combat as he and Sweetie Drops engaged in a duel.

Meanwhile, Rose split from Flash as Jury followed her into the cafeteria. She scrambled into the kitchen as the man casually followed, swinging his cable as he entered. “Come out come out wherever you are.” She stayed low, making her way around the counter as he circled around the other side. Stopping, he looked across the counter top and spotted several pots and pans hanging up. He tosses the cable out catching them and pulling everything down onto the floor and on top of Rose.

The girl panicked as she shuffled across the floor and to her feet. “Too easy.” Jury laughed as he shot the cord at her. She stood still, seemingly frozen as it wrapped around her. A moment later the man himself freezes up as if something is jolting him before he falls to the ground a moment later.

“You're right, it was too easy,” Rose smiled as she removed the cable and pulled a small device off of her skirt. “Hmm, personal space electrical field. Could have used one of these on my last date.”

Down the hall, Chap is in hot pursuit of his target as Flash tries his best to keep the distance between them. The man threw his cane and the spinning projectile struck Flash in the backs of his knees, causing him to fall. He got up only to be kicked in the chest and knocked back into one of the offices. The teen got to his feet as his opponent casually walked toward him. Chap furiously swung the base of his cane at the boy causing Flash to tumble into a pillar behind.

“Blimey! Polari abaaaht 'avin' yaaahr back against da ropes eh boy. Nuff said, yeah?” The man chuckled as he prepared to swing again.

“Seriously dude, just stop talking. It makes life so much better for everyone.” Flash said with a smirk as his opponent swung yet again. He dove to the side and, quickly using a cylindrical device given to him earlier, fires a pellet that turned into a gel and secured Chap's cane to the support. Flash confidently puts up his fists. “Not so tough without that stick, huh?”

Chap simply twists the head of the cane and pulls, revealing a long slender blade as his new weapon. “But I'm guessing you're even tougher with that.” He put his hands down as Chap put him on the defensive again. He thrust the blade forward but Flash ducked and it catches in the wooden frame of the bookshelf. Again, the blue haired boy used the device on the tip of the sword, fastening it in place.

“You...” Chap was quickly silenced as Flash shot a pellet that covered his mouth. Surprised, he failed to see the teen's follow up punch that caused him to stumble, hitting his face against the desk in the room and knocking him out cold. He fired four more pellets, pinning down Chap's arms and legs. A few moments later, the watch on Flash's arm begins to beep and he presses a button on it as Rose's voice comes through.

“Flash, you alright? Do you need any help?”

“No, everything's good on my end. How about you?”

“I'm okay. Should we see if Zest needs any help?”

“You two stay put,” The rocker girl answers over the line as she sits on top of an unconscious Golden Glove. “Let me know where you are and I'll be by to meet you and get these guys to a cell. And don't worry about Sweetie Drops. If I know her, she's got it all under control.”

In the large area that makes up the power core for the complex, Boone patiently stalked his prey. He slowly made his way to the terminal that would reactivate the security, knowing full well that was the agents plan all along. “Come out come out wherever you are.” She dove down from her hiding spot above him and the two engaged in a furious exchange of blows, Boone getting the better of it as he knocked her down. She flipped backwards, just evading the mercenary's wrist blade and jumped back into the shadows.

“Bet you never thought you'd see me again huh?” The man's taunt received no answer as he continued. “You know, knocking me off that cliff and all. Broke nearly every bone in my body. The only thing that kept me going was the thought of what you did to me and exacting that same punishment ten times over. But you know, my employer wants you alive. So maybe I'll settle for your friends once the others bring them back.”

This final comment is enough to get the girl out of hiding as she attacks Boone from his right side. He brought his blade up to defend himself. Sweetie got in close and wrapped her arms around his before kicking off him and removing his signature weapons. He attempted to defend himself as the girl exerted complete control over him. Boone managed to counter by delivering a kick to her bad wrist which, even with the numbing medication, was very sensitive. She flinched as he leaped on top of her.

Sweetie flipped him over as he soon made a mad dash to retrieve his weapons. Her attempt to stop him ended as he forcefully kicked her away. He swiftly put them back on and then turned to her. “Now where were we?” The confidence in his voice vanished as he spotted the cocky smile on Sweetie Drops face.

“You were losing.” She said simply as he looked down at his gauntlets where to small blinking devices were attached. Before he could remove them they exploded, the blast knocking him against the wall. He came to moments later as the girl seized him by the collar of his shirt. “Now, you're going to tell me who hired you and then you're going to disappear forever. Otherwise something horrible might happen to that little village you call home.”

His eyes widened with terror at those final words. “How do know about...”

“Oh I've been keeping tabs on you for a long time. I'd hoped you'd stay out of the game but if threatening my friends is how you want to play then so be it. All I need to do is make one small phone call.”

“Alright I'll tell you everything, just leave them out of this.” He whimpered which despite her stern gaze, surprised the agent.

“Good. Now I'm giving you a chance, your last chance. Now, let's talk.”

One Week Later

“Hey guys, did you miss me?” Lyra said happily as she arrived at the coffee shop, greeted by Flash, Rose, and Bon Bon.

“There's the lady of the hour.” Flash greeted as she joined them at their table.

“So how was the family?” Bon Bon inquired as Lyra lowered her face against the table top.

“Don't ask. So how was your week? Do any cool stuff?”

“We had a great time.” Admitted Rose before taking a sip of her tea. “We went to that crazy water park just outside of town.” The group continued on as they explained to Lyra in detail all the amazing activities they'd enjoyed while she was out of town.

The excited girl brings them all in for a hug. “Aw, I knew you'd all hit it off. I hope you saved some fun for me.”

“Definitely,” Bon Bon is cut off as she received a text message. “Great, there goes the taskmaster again. I gotta go guys but let's get something planned for this weekend for sure.” As she waved goodbye and exited the shop she was greeted by Lemon Zest, who sported a pair of sunglasses. “On Air,”

“Sweetie Drops,” The two went their usual route and into the same building, greeted by a new and improved I.D.A. “What's up.” Zest moved to give her regular high five. This time however it made actually contact. “Loving your new hard light upgrade.”

“Thank you agent On Air.” The system said simply as the two entered the elevator.

The quite ride down was interrupted by Zest. “Did you really need to wipe their memories? I mean I know it was protocol but everyone else was unconscious and the cameras were disabled. I don't think they would have said anything.”

Her partner waited for a moment before finding the words. “The same reason I kept it from Lyra. Even if I hated to admit it at first, I care about them. And I care enough that I don't any of them to know anything about this part of me. It'll only put them in more danger.”

“You sure have a funny way of showing you care.”

“Why do you think your still in the organization with the slip ups you had in the past? You may mess up a lot but I know no matter what you'll always have my back when it counts.”

Zest puts on a huge smile as they reach the bottom floor. “So you do like me after all?” She said as tears welled up in her eyes and the two hugged.

“Yeah, I guess I do.”

“Ha ha! You like a girl. You like a girl.” Zest sang as she began laughing hysterically, Bon Bon none too amused.

“That's it. Heartfelt moment dead and gone.” The frustrated agent stomped out and headed to her office as her friend followed.

“Come on I was joking. We're still friends right? Bonnie?”