• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,284 Views, 24 Comments

Canterlot High Chronicles - Shadowsnake89



Canterlot High has many interesting students outside of Twilight's group. Ever wonder what do they do in their day?

  • ...
5
 24
 1,284

A Soda Too Far

"Alright, the emergency numbers are in the kitchen and the number to our hotel is on there as well. I've already got Stargazer's bottles ready in the fridge. All you need to do is warm them."

"Yes mom." Sweat Leaf said dilligently as she listened intently to her mother's instructions. This wouldn't be the first time the eco kid had babysat her sister but it was the first time she had been left with her for the whole weekend while her parents were out of town on business and she was determined to take this responsibility seriously.

"We'll call as soon as we're there so make sure your phone is on."

"I think she can handle things, can't you sweetie?" Her father asked as he helps her mother get their luggage together to head out of the door. "And don't forget to check on the flower shop. Daisy, Rose and Lily are nice girls but your cousins can get a bit flustered when things don't go according to plan."

Leaf Family Flower Shop

"Oh no girls look! There's a caterpillar in the petunias!" Rose shouted in disbelief.

"What?" The others said in unison before fainting. "Oh the horror!"

Standing over them puzzled is Indigo Wreath holding a bouquet. "So do I pay for this here or..."

Leaf Home

"I won't let you down."

"We know you won't. Come on honey we need to get on the road if we're going to make our appointment." Her father guided his wife out of the door as she attempts to leave a few more instructions. A short time later they pulled their van out of the driveway and are soon on their way. Sweet Leaf stood on the porch with Stargazer in her arms as she waved goodbye to her parents.

"How about we get you something to eat?" She said to the baby as she turned to head inside. As she faced the door she saw a round shadow on the door that grew increasingly. She instinctively jumped to the side as the object, a football, slammed aganst the door. Leaf turned around and spotted the culprits, the athletes playing across the street.

"A little help over here." Teddy, one of the star players of the school's football team shouted, waiting for her to toss it back. Aggravated, she held herself back and did her regular breathing excercises to relax herself.

"Deep breaths, deep breaths." She calmly picked up the ball and, with one hand, hurled it back with deadly accuracy. It slammed into his chest as he and the other players look up shocked as she goes inside.

"Wow that was really something." Sweet Leaf freaked out as she turned to the source of the voice, Cherry Crash, seated comfortably on the living room couch. "Who knew those noodle arms could throw long bombs like that."

"What are you doing here?" Sweet Leaf asked.

"I got bored and the gang all had other plans so I thought I'd see what you were up to."

"Wait, how did you get in here in the first place?"

"Honestly, you guys should really think about getting new locks. These are pretty pickable." She put her feet up on the coffee table in front of her and relaxed.

"Uh-huh. Not that I don't enjoy one of my best friends breaking and entering but I have some things I need to take care of." She promptly removed Cherry's feet from the table then handed the girl Stargazer. "Could you hold her while I warm her breakfast?" Cherry looked at the red and white haired baby, holding her rather awkwardly as she tilts her head, staring at her with a confused look. Both seemed equally uncomfortable around the other.

"Ew, babies. Glad I never was one." Cherry declared as Stargazer drooled on her boots. A few minutes later, Sweet Leaf brings out the warmed bottle and takes the baby from Cherry, handing her a drink of her own.

"Thought you might be thirsty." As she began feeding the baby, Cherry took a sip only to spit it out a second later.

"Yuck, what is this?"

"A mixed herbal drink."

"Don't you have any soda or something?"

"You know my parents only eat organically grown food. Plus I don't do so good with (cringe) processed sugar."

"Oh right, your little incident with the..."

"We don't talk about that. As in EVER." Sweet Leaf interrupted.

"Okay sorry. Hey, what do you say we have a girl's night out tonight? I'll see who I can wrangle up and we'll paint the town red."

"I can't I have to watch Stargazer."

"Well when are your parents getting back?"

"Monday morning. They're on a business trip."

Cherry's eyes opened wide, sensing an opportunity. "So your parents are out of town all weekend? As in a three day weekend? As in Friday, Saturday and Sunday they will not be here?"

"Um, yes." Instantly after her response, Cherry popped up behind Sweet Leaf ecstatically.

"Girl we have got to have a party here."

"Are you crazy?"

"Why not? Your parents are out of town for three whole days. Why not host a party here? We can invite everybody. I'll call Pinkie up for some supplies and get Vinyl to bring her tunes."

Sweet Leaf seemed unsure of what to say. She'd promised her parents she would take care of things. But at the same time a small party would be manageable and couldn't hurt. She could take the party to the basement, and tuck Stargazer in for the night on the second floor where she wouldn't be disturbed. Then again there are so many things that could still go wrong. "I don't know."

"And who knows, you might just meet that special someone." Cherry said with a sneaky smile. After a few more nudges of encouragement she finally managed to wear the long haired girl down.

"Alright, I'm in. Just let me put the baby down for her nap."

"Woohoo. Trust me Sweet, you are gonna have the night of your life." Cherry jumped excitedly as the two take Stargazer up stairs.

"I'll keep you to that promise. And by the way, I only agreed because you said the magic words."

"Yeah, yeah." Cherry waved her off as she gave her a playful punch to the shoulder. "Now let's get this party started!"

"Shh, she's asleep." Leaf whispered as she took her sister to her crib.

"Sorry."

Later That Night

"Wow Pinkie really came through!" Cherry stated to Sweet Leaf over the heavy bass of the DJ's music, the party now in full swing with many of the students of CHS present.

"Yeah great, but I thought you said we were only inviting a few people. This seems like most of the school."

"I know isn't it awesome?"

"I don't think you understand." Leaf tried to explain as she only intended for the entire party to take place in her basement. Unfortunately for her so many showed up that the party had spilled into her backyard and many of the guests had invited themselves to use her family's pool. She watched as Brawly Beats and Ringo both performed cannonballs into the pool, splashing her and several others. She began breathing heavily, trying to calm down. "Inner peace, calming breaths."

"You need to relax. Go, mingle a bit, have some fun and loosen up." Cherry guided her over to the refreshment table. "Here's a cup of that herbal stuff you like so much. Just try to stay calm. It's a party. Trust me everything will be fine." The rocker than headed out to dance.

"Maybe she's right." Leaf thought to herself, taking a sip of her drink before placing it on the table. "It's just one night. Then tomorrow I'll have everything cleaned up and Mom and Dad will never know."

"Hey Sweet Leaf!" She turned to see Raspberry Fluff walking over to the table with a drink in her hand.

"Hi Fluff." She was surprised as the girl pulled her in for a hug.

"This party is super crazy."

"Glad you're enjoying it." Leaf suddenly heard something shatter. "I wish I could."

"I hear you. Hosting a party seems like all fun and games." Fluff set her cup down and poured up some punch.

"Tell me about it."

"Incoming!" The two look up as a football flew through the air in their direction. Leaf surprised everyone by snagging it just before it hits Fluff.

"Wow, thanks." The pink haired girl said in amazement.

"Sorry about that." The hurler, Teddy apologized as he and Leaf trade glares.

"Teddy."

"Sweet Leaf."

Feeling generally uncomfortable, Raspberry Fluff quietly excused herself as the eco kid and athlete continued their intense stare down. "So I see you still have no respect for other's." Sweet Leaf opened.

"I see you're still as stuck up as ever."

"Me? Stuck up? You're the one who almost beaned my baby sister with a football."

"Hey I said I was sorry!"

"No you didn't!"

"Well I'm sorry! You happy now?" Everyone around them quickly turned their attention away from the two as they went back and forth.

A stream of furious words later Teddy stomped off into the house, leaving Sweet Leaf as she leaned against the table, reaching behind her and chugging down the drink in the cup. After a few seconds Leaf began to feel a bit jittery. She foubd her hands shaking and her eyes wide open. She then turned back to the table to find that she has just drunk Fluff's punch that she left behind.

"Are you okay?" Cherry asked as she walked over, noticing the wide eyed, spaced out look of her friend. "You look a little...hype."

"What was in that punch bowl?"

"Pinkie Pie's special Very Scary Twenty Berry Punch," Just then Pinkie popped up between them.

"Trademarked." She said before vanishing.

"with double the sugar. Why?'" Cherry inquired as her friends body began to shake up.

"Oh...no...reason." Sweet Leaf promptly blacked out.

The Next Morning

"Oh my head." Sweet Leaf said as she forced her eyes open to find herself in her bed on the second floor. She squinted her eyes as the light from the morning sun beamed through her window only to open them wide as she looked around the room to find several of her guests littered around the room fast asleep. "What the?" Most of what happened last night was a complete blur to her.

"That was some party." She slowly turned her eyes to the other side of her bed to find Micro Chips curled up in the blankets. She quickly let out a shriek of terror before kicking him out of the bed.

"What are you doing in here?"

"You said it was cool if we all stayed the night." He explained, rubbing his back.

"Well why are you in my bed?"

"Everywhere else was taken."

"What?" Sweet Leaf got to her feet and, though still a bit dizzy, walked down stairs to see the meaning behind Chips' words. She found the whole house filled with sleeping party goers.

"This was a disaster." She rubbed the back of her head as she heads outside to see even more of them sleeping in the backyard. Thankfully the tall privacy fence would keep any of the neighbors from seeing the horrible scene. Patches of grass uprooted, the pool filled with garbage, and even the party loving Pinkie Pie out like a light. "Oh no, Stargazer!" She rushed back upstairs, remembering her baby sister that hadn't been checked on all night.

She opened the door to the baby's room and darted over to the crib only to find Cherry Crash snoozing in it, her arms and legs hanging out. A furious and frantic Leaf grabbed her by the front of her jacket, shaking her awake. "Where's Stargazer?"

"No mom, I'll get the cake after school." She blabbered incoherently, falling back asleep. Leaf released her and headed to the kitchen, coming back with a cup of water, and splashed it in the rocker's face which shocked her awake. "Who, where? What happened?"

"What the heck is going on?" The eco kid placed her hands around Cherry's throat.

"You went all hyper crazy after you drank that punch. It was pretty fun actually. You had this great idea of going out so everyone piled into their cars and we had the time of our lives. It sure was crazy. By the way, you might want to put your mom's car in the garage for a couple of days until the heat dies down."

"Where is my baby sister?"

"I don't know. My parents didn't ask me to babysit her." Cherry's snarky comment awarded her an angered look from Sweet Leaf. "Sorry." She said with a nervous smile.

"If anything happens to Stargazer my parents will never forgive me. And if they never forgive me, I'll never forgive you!" She shouted, furiously shaking the neon green haired girl.

"Alright, alright. All we have to do is retrace our steps. I'm sure something will turn up."


Downtown

Later that morning Sweet Leaf, accompanied by Cherry Crash and Raspberry Fluff, began to backtrack the previous night's events. "Thanks again for driving Raspberry." Leaf said as they stepped out of the vehicle, Fluff giving a thumbs up.

"So we headed to the park for a little late night mischief." Cherry recalled, pointing in the direction of the large city park. "So we were over here near the pond." As Cherry led the way Leaf quietly ranted to herself. This did not go unnoticed by Raspberry as they continued their search through the park. "Then we all dove in for a swim. And that's when..."

"Hey you!" She is cut off as a police officer spotted them from the other side of the pond. "Hold it right there!" He called out as he began to make his way over to them.

"Oh yeah, then the police came and we all ran like our lives depended on it. And now for a repeat performance of last night?"

"Agreed." The others said as the three sprinted off, abandoning the car. The officer finally made it to the other side, continuing his pursuit of the girls. The three decided to split up, taking three seperate paths through the park as the officer honed in on Sweet Leaf.

"Perfect, just perfect." She says, running as fast as her legs would carry her. Looking a distance off she spotted something that just might get her pursuer off her tail. "Come on legs, one good boost." She thought as she managed to give more before leaping over a tall row of unkempt bushes. Stumbling but still on her feet, she crossed paths with Raspberry and Cherry as they watched the officer rush right through the obstacle.

As the chase continued, they noticed the officer beginning to slow, finally stopping completely as he started to scratch all over his body. His shouts for them to stop began to fade as they made it out of the park. "Poison ivy bush. We tried to get the mayor to get rid of them but she wouldn't listen to us."

Twenty minutes later the trio are on foot to their next location. "What about the car. It's not even mine." Raspberry complained.

"We couldn't risk him seeing us get in it. We'll have to come back for it later tonight."

"Alright." She briefly turned her head in the direction of the vehicle before proceeding. "Nice moves back there." Fluff complimented the eco kid.

"Yeah girl. Never knew you had it in you. How did you manage that?" The rocker inquired.

"Oh I learned how to handle myself around a hurdle or two from Te..." She stopped, quickly catching herself. "an old friend. Where else did we go anyway?"

Cherry halted for a moment before turning to them with a nervous look. "Well..."


Crystal Prep Academy

"Of all places, we had to come here?" Sweet Leaf groaned as the three hide in the bushes surrounding the school.

"It was your idea." Cherry whispered as they looked at the results of last night's escapades. "You suggested spray painting the side of the school, their mascot and not to mention the special surprise we left in their locker room."

"Great, just great. So my baby sister could be anywhere in the school? Brilliant. All I wanted was a fun evening with my friends and thanks to Teddy all I got was sugar induced chaos."

"Um, how is this football guy's fault?" Raspberry Fluff asked.

"If he hadn't distracted me this whole thing would never have happened. I swear sometimes he can be so unbearable."

Fluff shifted her eyes before asking, "Did you two use to date?"

"No!" Leaf protested furiously. "We were just really close friends after his family moved in across the street back in elementary school. We'd hang out all the time and he'd show me all these cool tricks."

"So what happened?"

"We would always play catch with his football outside and one day one of his throws was a bit off and he ended up braking the window of his dad's new car. He'd warned him that if anything happened to that car he wouldn't let him go to football camp. So when he came home I left a note on the car telling him I did it. I was grounded for a month and had to work off the damage."

"You covered for him?"

"Oh yeah, quite a few times as a matter of fact. That's what friends do."

"I don't see the problem then."

"Well about a year later I accidentally broke my mom's antique vase with a throw of my own. The worst part was that I had tickets to a once in a lifetime show. I begged him to cover for me just this once but he said 'Sorry I've got a big game that night.'. All the times I covered for him and the one time I needed his help he couldn't be bothered because there was something more important to him, more important than our friendship."

"Well that just seems like a waste of a good friend." A voice came from behind the three as they turned to see several of Crystal Prep's students standing above them.

"Cherry, you were supposed to be the lookout."

"Sorry, I was fascinated by your story." The three were dragged into the school by their rivals. "Hey you guys aren't mad about the whole defacing your school thing are you?"

"Oh no. Mad doesn't begin to describe how we feel." The groups apparent leader, Royal Pin commented, his hands folded behind his back. "And now it's time we teach you Canterlot High types a lesson."

"Hey all I want is my sis..." Sweet Leaf tried to explain only to be cut off by her rocker friend.

"Okay but whatever you guys do just don't give me a swirly in the boys locker room. That's like my worst fear and it would be totally embarrassing."

"Oh yeah let's do that!" One of the Crystal Prep boys said excitedly as they came to an agreement and drag the three to the boys locker room.

"Great, I've lost my sister, gone on a wild escapade I can't even recall and now, to top it off I'm about to have my head dunked into a toilet." The eco kid lamented with a flat tone.

"Don't worry, it could be much worse."

"Somehow I highly doubt that."

Cherry simply watched in a mysterious anticipation as Pin opened the stall and began to lift the seat cover. "And now ladies..." He was suddenly soaked as water streamed upward into his face as the other stalls followed suit in quick succession, covering most of the other students. The rocker took advantage of the distraction and stomped on her captors foot causing him to release her as her two friends did the same.

The trio dashed out of the locker room and shut the door behind them. Royal Pin and the others attempted to follow them, slipping on the wet floor, and falling over each other as the girls braced some chairs against the door. "That should hold them for a bit." After a good bit of searching the school proved fruitless, the three decided to regroup at Leaf's house. "Well that was a bust. And we still have about fifteen other places to check."

"That and we smell like toilet water," Fluff added, shaking off like a dog. "Mind if I use your shower?"

Sweet Leaf pushed passed both of them and made her way to the kitchen. "I need a soda." She opened a can and began walking through the house.

"Oh boy, hitting the soda already." Cherry joked.

"This isn't funny. My parent's house is a wreck, I'm possibly a wanted criminal and my baby sister could be lost in the city somewhere and I don't know what to do!" She stated, walking passed the recliner in the living room corner where Teddy wass sleeping, Stargazer laying on his chest. She almost choked, spitting out her soda and started coughing.

"Found her!" Pinkie popped up as the others stared at her. "You're welcome." She skipped off happily.

"Are you okay? It's alright, big sister is here." Leaf scooped the baby up and held her tight as Teddy opened his eyes. "You found her?"

"I heard her crying last night so I brought her down for a feeding and we just crashed on the couch." He said as he stretched.

"Thank you so much."

"Yeah now all you need to do is clean up this mess before your parents get back." Fluff pointed out causing Sweet Leaf to cringe, imagining what her parents will do when they find out.

"I got this covered." Teddy announced, getting to his feet. A few hours later, all the guests are on their way and the house is as clean as if no party at all had taken place.

"That was amazing." Leaf was in awe looking around the house. "How did you convince the entire football team to help clean?"

"Hey, if someone goes to the trouble of inviting you to a great party like this, the least you can do is help them clean."

Sweet Leaf looked down and then addressed the athlete. "Teddy I owe you an apology."

"Aw, don't worry about it. If anything I could have help you out back then. Honestly, that night I felt so bad my head wasn't in the game. You'd always been there for me."

"How about we just call it even and go back to being friends?"

"Deal." He playfully punched her in the arm. "Good to have you back bud."

"Right back at you you big bear." She reciprocated the gesture. Cherry than popped up.

"Well that was all resolved quite nicely. You know except for the number of laws we broke, the police still on our trail, and not to mention the angry group of Crystal Prep students looking for payback. But all in all a pretty good day. So what have we got planned tonight?" She got in between them, throwing an arm over their shoulders as they pondered.

"I think I'm forgetting something important." Leaf thought in an attempt to remember what it was.


Leaf Family Flower Shop

Outside the shop a customer knocked on the door but gets no answer, eventually walking away as they saw the closed sign. Inside however, the three shop keepers were passed out on the floor as a single flower pot was shattered on the ground, spilling the plant and its soil on the floor. Sweet Leaf and the others entered the store from the back and viewed the scene. "Seriously!" is all she could say about the situation, rubbing her head.