• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 270 Views, 13 Comments

Mighty Cause - Treble_Klef



A young stallion named Treble Klef finds his true nature, and his true task for the life of Equestria.

  • ...
15
 13
 270

The Mystery of the Night

Author's Note:

Please, give this story a chance. Tell me what I can change. But, here is Chapter 3

Chapter 3:
The Mystery of the Night


It was amazing! Ponyville was small, and didn’t hold that many ponies, but it was warm, inviting, and more importantly, friendly. Treble stood, admiring the site with his new and first friend. Ginger tapped Treble on the shoulder, and he responded in kind by turning to Ginger Burst. He was seemed excited, like a little foal on Hearth's Warming Eve.

“Come on! I have to show you around Ponyville!” Ginger Burst exclaimed, grabbing Treble Klef’s hoof and pulling him along while Treble’s coat had a shade of red on it. They stopped at a little record store, and where Ginger Burst said his cousin worked and lived in her record store. Treble used his magic to open the door, the bell ringing and announcing customers or guests. Treble looked over the store as they went the the front desk in the back of the store. There were records hanging on the walls, musical notes adorned on the wallpaper. There were pictures of famous ponies who had famous records, and some artists Treble haven't heard of yet. There were shelves on the floor on walls, which had many merchandise, mainly records of course, but there were shirts and mugs, posters as well. He soon stopped looking to the sound of Ginger Burst pressing the bell in front of the counter. It was a little while ‘till he pressed it again, but still no response. He soon started to constantly and steadily press the tiny bell.

“Alright, alright! I’m coming!” a mare spoke from the back, while magic enveloped the bell to cease the annoying sound it produced. Out came a white pony, with a multi-blue hair and pink-ish, purple-ish glasses across the mare’s forehead. She at first looked annoyed when she emerged, but seeing Ginger Burst’s smiling face changed her whole perspective of the situation. She ran towards him, using a blue magic aura to bring them into the air and close for a warm hug. They seemed to enjoy seeing each other, and they looked very close. “Ginger, I didn’t know you were coming today! I thought you were coming in two days!”

“I know, but the folks back home didn’t need anymore help, and said it was ok to leave early!” Ginger Burst said, still in her loving embrace.

“So, who’s this?” she said suddenly, breaking the hug and setting them both down,” I haven't seen him here, or around you in fact.”

“Oh, I forgot. Cousin, this is Treble Klef, we talked on the train ride and we became friends. Treble, this is Vinyl Scratch, but most ponies call her DJ Pon3,” Ginger spoke, introducing the two.

“Well, it’s always nice to meet Gingers’ friends. How do you do?” Vinyl said, raising a hoof for a shake. She looked at him with narrowed eyes at first, but gave it away for a warm smile. Treble looked away, but extended his hoof for the firm handshake he received. He really wasn’t used to formalities, such as a handshake. He also wasn’t used to mares willing to even touch him. “He really is a shy one, isn’t he? Kinda like you.”

“I am not shy! I’m just not that open,” Ginger said, putting on a frown and a slight blush.

“Yes you are. Now, characteristics aside, are you here to serve the drinks again?”

“Yeah, and Treble Klef is here to sing for the Summer Sun Celebration along with the Wonderbolts.”

“I knew you seemed familiar!” Vinyl Scratch said, walking to one of the aisles which, of course, was filled with records. She squinted as she looked at the collection that stood in front of her. Her eyes widened, at what Treble could only guess as finding what she was looking for. She used her blue magic to take an album and showed to Treble Klef. It had a picture of Treble Klef on stage, singing to a song, with his name in bright green.

“Umm, what’s this?” Treble said using his own magic to take the album, examining it.

“What do you mean ‘What’s this’? It’s your album, and I have a few copies left, not that I had much of it. You have a few fans here in Ponyville. Heck, Princess Celestia even likes your music, so she had albums made of your music. Which led to these albums, which led to fans, which led to the Summer Sun Celebration in a few days,” Vinyl Scratch said. Treble couldn’t decide if he was happy, or nervous. He really felt mad, for albums of his music being released without his consent.

“Treble, let’s go over to Sugar Cube Corner. It’s a little bakery in Ponyville, and their chocolate cupcakes are to DIE for!” Ginger Burst said, walking out the door. Treble Klef then set the album on the counter that Vinyl Scratch was now behind, attending to a customer. They left the music store, with the bells ringing behind them. They walked through the town, talking about their hobbies. They finally made it to the two story gingerbread-looking house, which actually held the Sugar Cube Corner.

“Hello, is anyone here?” Ginger said as the two entered, with bells ringing when the door opened, similar to the music shop. The room was like the outside, resembling a gingerbread house, but was more livable and non-edible than an actually candy home. Treble was still looking at the wonderful display of cakes, pies, and all the likes of desserts, when he heard a bell ring, but different than the door. It sounded like a counter bell. Treble then looked around for Ginger Burst and saw him at the counter, just in time to see a pink pony hop down the stairs in the store, which Treble finally decided it was not only a store, but a house as well. The pink pony had a bright smile, with balloons as a cutie mark. Her mane was puffed up, and represented a bad hair day.

“Welcome to Sugar….” she said, stopping at the sight of Ginger Burst. She gasped and jumped onto Ginger Burst, giving a hearty hug that resembled Rose Red’s hugs. Ginger, trying his best, tried to give the pink pony a hug, but to no avail. The pink mare started to speak very quickly, like she was on fast forward. They started to talk, leaving Treble alone to his thoughts. He decided to leave them to talk, not being a very social pony.
He used his magic to silence the bell as he exited the store/home. He looked around the town by himself, taking in the town in all of it’s glory. He enjoyed Ponyville, even though he hasn’t seen much. He soon wounded in a less populated area of Ponyville, which he found right up his alley. He was looking at a store’s very interesting sign, still walking, when he bumped into a very rock-hard figure.

“I-I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking,” Treble said, now on the ground, rubbing his head.

“It's alright, I wasn’t looking either,” said a deep, but innocent voice. Treble had looked to see he had bumped into. It was a dragon, standing twice as tall as Treble himself. “Oh shoot.” Treble soon got up and ran for his life. He had only heard of stories of dragons with the hunger for ponies from bullies and a few others. As he ran away, the dragon was not following him, but to make sure he wouldn’t be followed he ran into an alley that seemed to be safe. He had not noticed, but it was at night now. He was sitting, catching his breath, when something unseen shoved a rag into his face. Treble tried using magic, but the rag had some chemical disabling his magic, and making him fall asleep. He soon blacked out, with a devious laughter following him into his dreams.
He soon appeared in his dream. He was floating in the air, over a very remote and peaceful forest. But soon he saw a princess, carrying a colt in her arms, with what seemed to be Rose Red and Night Shine guarding her with Night Shine in the carriage and Rose Red in the air. There was a third pony, but his or her face was unrecognizable.

Then, the forest became on fire, engulfing the forest in mere seconds. He saw a better look at the colt in the alicorn’s arms. It resembled Treble Klef quite disturbingly. Treble heard a sound, what sounded like a roar, to his left. He turned to see a creature, bigger than the mountains. It didn’t look like anything Treble Klef had learned about at school. He then saw the creature look at him, with a smirk a villain would wear. He blasted a fire blast towards him.
Just as it hit him, ice cold water splashed on him forcing him to wake up. He woke up in a dark room, him tied up to a chair. He looked around frantically, scared and cold. To make matters worse, a sinister laughter was echoing through the chamber.

“You’re finally awake I see. You’ve been out for a little while. A day to be exact, but with my skills that can be expected,” said the unknown creature. When he finished, a light shined onto him from above from a light. The creature stepped into the light. It had four arms, as well as two legs, and the body of what he read as a “human”. The face was a horse, with horns sprouting from the head, and it’s red eyes piercing his very being. The arms had five fingers, and the legs had hooves. He was also a noticeable dark green.

“Wh.. where a-am I?” Treble said, shivering and scared.

“Somewhere where no one will find you. You have something I want. Something that is mine. I will acquire it from you. And if I must, I will rip it from you. Do you know what I seek?” asked the creature. Treble gave a quick nod of his head, indicating he didn’t. “Well, you see, your mother had stole something that was rightfully mine. It may taken thirty years to find you, but it was worth it. You have a power inside you that your mother took, but it seemed you ended up with it through heredity. Now, you can give it to me, or I can take it. But, I must break you. So what shall it be?”

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about! I n-never met my mother!” Treble protested.

“Fine. The hard way it is,” the creature said coldly. The creature then backed into the darkness. A sharp pain was felt on his side. He looked to see a cut, now bleeding. A few more cuts followed. Then, the lights went off, as he started to get punched in the face, and the stomach. The assault stopped, as the creature had somehow teleported out. The pain didn’t stop though. What he could only guess as an eternity, he finally closed his eyes to sleep, still feeling the pain from his injuries.