• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 33,162 Views, 2,955 Comments

My Filly, Nightshine - The Abyss



Jason's life has grown dull. After months of living in Ponyville, he can't shake the feeling that there is a void in his life. Then, one day, as he watches a family play in the park, an idea sparks within his mind: why not adopt a pony of his own?

  • ...
196
 2,955
 33,162

The Revelation

After having more than a few drinks, Jason and Lily found themselves alone on the VIP balcony overlooking the city. Luna had been gracious to take Nightshine on a quick tour of the castle; it was nice seeing her so happy and at ease. The party below hummed with activity, and though he was getting quite tired, Lily had a vibrant energy about her that made him think she had more in mind for him.

His curiosity kept him awake, nor did he want to be the first one to give in and say he wanted to go to sleep. He could tell that Lily was more competitive than he was; he was certain that she wouldn’t ever yield the game, even if it was to just prove a point. Always the gentleman, he would have to eventually give in and let her win.

Jason felt Lily come to rest against his right side, drawing his attention back towards her and pulling him from his thoughts. Her warmth seeped into his fur; he felt a nervous excitement run through her like a herd of wild horses. She trembled, not from the chilly air, but from what he assumed any beautiful female had in mind after a wonderful time at a prestigious event for the elite. Lily nuzzled his neck, just underneath his chin with an earnest and genuine sense of importance. He wondered if she was marking him with her scent, proving him as hers for any who would think otherwise. Regardless, he enjoyed her affection, even though it made him nervous for what was soon to come.

Lily stood up and stalked around him in a tight circle, her eyes locked on his. She bit his collar and tugged him to his feet, then flicked his snout with the tip of her tail as she led him back down into the Gala. “Come, Jason, I have something to show you.”

Jason gulped and followed her. Sweat grew on his brow as he tried his hardest to keep his eyes off of Lily’s rump, though he failed often. “Where are we going?” he finally asked as they started walking up a tight set of stairs. They curved up and to the left. Small candles lit the stairway.

“You’ll see,” came Lily’s sly reply. “It’ll be worth it, I promise.”

A minute passed as he trudged up the stairs after her. It seemed odd how lightly she walked up the steps, especially since he was starting to sweat from the exertion of climbing so high. His legs started to feel sore, but something deep down inside him pushed him on and kept him quiet, though he wasn’t sure exactly what it was. Perhaps it was the desire to not disappoint her or to give up so easily.

Another minute passed. He nearly paused to ask for a break when the top of the stairs finally came into view. A single oak door stood before them with Luna’s cutie mark burned into it. “Is this…” He heard the lock slide open.

“Luna’s bedroom? Yeah. Wanna see what’s inside?” Lily smirked at him then pushed the door open wide. She stood aside and let him in, hungrily eyeing him like a wolf would its prey. Lily kicked the door shut, though it bounced off the door frame and remained open by a few inches. She trotted past him, once more teasing his snout with her tail.

“Woah…” Jason murmured as he looked around the large room. A bed big enough for at least six ponies sat to his left. The sheets and pillows were a pure white while the comforter a deep navy blue that matched Luna’s coat. A collection of telescopes and other similar-looking contraptions sat grouped near the windows across from him. To his right lay her desk and five large floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, all totally filled with ancient books. A cough drew his attention back to his date.

“See something interesting, handsome?” Lily asked.

Jason’s breath caught in his throat. Lily had stretched out across the bed, looking him up and down with a look that left little guessing room in his mind for what she wanted to do with him. “Well, y-yeah; these books look super old; is this her personal collection?” he asked, trying to think of anything to stall the inevitable. He heard Lily pout, though he stayed strong in the moment and pretended to look at some of the books in front of him.

“Yes, that is her personal collection,” Lily said curtly. “Won’t you join me in the bed?” she asked, her tone gentle yet brimming with desire.

“Have you ever looked at any of them?” He walked around Luna’s desk and shot a quick smirk at her, making it obvious that he was playing games with her, one that she would not so easily win. She leapt from the bed and flapped her wings to land on the other side of the desk. The wind from her flight blew some pieces of parchment off of the top of the desk, drawing Jason’s attention. “Can you get those?” he asked, nodding towards the few pieces of parchment that landed behind her. Lily held his gaze for a moment, turned her back to him, then took her time lifting each piece of parchment up from the ground with her mouth, letting her rear end stick up in the air.

Out of respect, he looked away, his eyes falling upon Luna’s desk. An aging folder caught his gaze. All worries of Lily pouncing on him and claiming him as hers fell away as he noticed Nightshine’s and the orphanage’s name on the top of the folder. Curious, he pulled it closer to him and managed to open it with a hoof.

“What’s that?” Lily asked as she placed the pieces of parchment back on the desk.

“A folder from the orphanage with Nightshine’s name on it. Why would Luna have this?” he asked as he looked up at her.

“I’m… not sure.” Lily craned her neck to get a better look as she walked around the desk. She pulled the first sheet over to the left so they could look at what was underneath.

“Lily, it says–” Jason froze, his eyes locked on the page in front of him. Thinking of how Nightshine looked like today, he took in Lily’s cheekbone, the curvature of her snout, her eyes, and even her wings, unable to believe what the file said. Even so, he couldn’t believe his eyes. He closed the file and tucked it under his right wing, pinning it against his side.

“What?” she blurted out. “What did it say?”

With his mind going a million miles a minute, Jason took a step back away from her, eyeing her with a newfound look of distrust. “What are you playing at?” he asked. “Is this your doing? Luna’s?”

“What do you mean? What does it say?”

Lily took a step towards him but he took a step back towards the door. “Why does this say you gave up a thestral foal over twelve years ago?” he asked.

Lily’s face paled. “How could you possibly know that?” She stomped up to him and yanked the file out of his grasp, then slammed it back down on Luna’s desk. “There’s no–” Her eyes darted over the pages as she took it all in. A minute passed in silence, then two before she looked back up at Jason with fear in her eyes. “I swear I had no idea. I thought my baby had been sent back home to my family, not–not here!” Tears brimmed in the corners of her eyes as they searched his face for any hint of what he was about to say next.

“I think we need to talk to Luna,” he said in a cold tone. “to get to the bottom of this.”

Lily scoffed at that. “And have her find out that I brought you to her room to have s–”

“Better that then let the two of you get your story straight.” He gathered the documents together, closed the folder, then placed it back under his wing. Lily hastily walked backwards towards the door, blocking the only way out.

“Please; let us think about this for a moment! If Nightshine is truly the foal I gave away so many years ago, then… then–”

“Lily, please get out of my way.”

“I know you’re feeling really protective right now, but can we–” Jason’s look hardened. “Don’t you trust me?” she feebly asked.

“I’d like to, but I need answers. I have to ask Luna why she has a file that says you’re Nightshine’s mother.” He noticed a pair of eyes and a familiar tuft of dark green hair over Lily’s shoulders through the half-open door for a split-second before they dashed away, running down the stairs at a breakneck pace. His eyes went wide, his grasp on the file loosening just enough to let the documents within flutter to the floor.

Lily whimpered as she looked over her shoulder just in time to get a glimpse of the unknown pony’s tail. Her strength finally wilted as she put two and two together. “You don’t think that was–”

“Yeah,” Jason grunted as he gathered the pieces of parchment on the floor. “I do.”

“Oh dear…”