• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 6,732 Views, 176 Comments

Sweet and Delicate - Nordryd



Coppermane, an introverted & insecure student of Princess Celestia, is asked to perform at the Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville. Being a shy pony in a new town isn't easy for him, until he meets the most beautiful mare he's ever seen in his life.

  • ...
13
 176
 6,732

Ch.16: Perseverance

Time: 11:30 AM, Friday, Train to Ponyville, Days Until Celebration: 1

The first train today from Canterlot to Ponyville carried a very anxious unicorn. A unicorn by the name of Coppermane. He was tired of waiting, he wanted to be back in Ponyville so badly. He was so excited to be back home. Back with his friends. Back with…Fluttershy, also known as the mare of Coppermane's dreams. Fluttershy…even hearing her name brought a smile to Copper's face. He couldn't wait to tell all his friends about his vacation, and also make up for lost time with Fluttershy.

Coppermane…remember…the Celebration…

Yes, the Celebration was tomorrow. The whole reason for being sent to Ponyville in the first place. He knew that there was still work to do, especially practicing. Also, he had to figure out a way to stay up all night tomorrow. Everypony knows that you need to stay up if you want to see Princess Celestia raise the sun. It was an incredible sight to see, but it was hard for some ponies. Especially ponies who love their sleep, and Coppermane had always been in that category. But he knew one thing that would make it easier for him: If Fluttershy agreed to be his date. With Princess Cadence's help, he had a really special night planned for Fluttershy if she said yes. Copper didn't know why she would say no, but that little seed of doubt was still planted in the back of his head, such is how Copper's brain is wired.

Copper couldn't even focus on that, the thoughts of being back in Ponyville making him too excited to concentrate on anything. He gazed out the window, eagerly waiting for Ponyville to appear on the horizon.


Time: 1:00 PM, Friday, Ponyville Train Station

The train came to a stop, and Copper immediately hopped out of his seat, levitating his luggage behind him with his magic. He hopped out of the train only to be tackled to the ground by a familiar, very excited pink mare.

"Copper! You're back!" Pinkie Pie said, giving Coppermane a death hug, pinning him to the ground.

"Ugh…hi, Pinkie…" Copper said, trying to get air.

"Pinkie Pie, c'mon, let him up!" Applejack said to the excited pink mare. Pinkie Pie got off of Copper, who was trying to catch his breath.

"Sorry, Copper, I'm just so happy you're back!" Pinkie Pie said, still very excited, and pulling Copper into a calmer, friendlier hug that didn't squeeze all the oxygen out of him. "I've missed seeing you in the morning!"

Copper reciprocated, "Oh I have too, Pinkie. Glad to see you," he said with a smile.

Pinkie Pie released him, and Copper was approached by Applejack who had a huge smile on your face.

"Welcome back ta Ponyville, sugarcube," Applejack said giving Copper a big hug.

"Good to be back," Copper said. Applejack let him go and Rainbow Dash landed in front of him to hug him.

"Good to see ya, Cop," Rainbow Dash said.

"You too, Rainbow," Copper said. Rarity then approached him.

"We've missed you so much, darling," Rarity said, giving Copper a hug.

"I've missed you all too," Copper said. He took another look around the train station, expecting to see his two other best friends (including Fluttershy), but…they weren't there.

"Where's Twilight? Where's…Fluttershy?" Copper said, deeply confused. Oh no, was Fluttershy mad at him for making her wait another day? Was she hurt? Copper began to panic, but luckily Applejack answered his question.

"Sorry, hon, Ah know y'all were lookin' forward ta seein' Fluttershy, but she's actually home sick right now," Applejack said with sympathy.

"Sick?" Copper asked, "Is..Is she alright?" he asked, deeply concerned.

"Honestly, sugarcube, she's in pretty bad shape," Applejack said, "Ah think she has the stomach flu or somethin'. Twilight volunteered ta stay behind since she has her magic ta protect herself."

"Can we go see her?" Copper asked desperately.

Rainbow Dash spoke up, a little skeptical, "Copper, should you really be seeing her when she's sick? I mean, the Celebration's tomorrow."

"Rainbow Dash has a point, darling," Rarity chimed in, "You can't risk getting sick so close to the Celebration."

Copper didn't care, "I'm a unicorn, I can use magic. I know a spell that can protect me. Also, I have some healing spellbooks. Maybe there's something I can use to try and cure her, or at least help her get better faster. Please girls, I-I've been waiting to see her for so long…" he said with desperation.

The four mares looked at each other with apprehension. They knew how much Copper wanted to see Fluttershy. Fluttershy also wanted to see Copper really badly, but if Copper got sick, he wouldn't be able to perform tomorrow. Although, it was true that Copper was capable of using his magic to protect himself. Also, if he knew some spells that might help Fluttershy get better, then why should they deny him? They also wanted Fluttershy to be better for tomorrow.

"Well…alright. Don't say we didn't warn ya though," Applejack said, still apprehensive about this.

"Can we stop by my house on the way there first? I need to drop of my luggage and pick up those spellbooks."

"Sure, hon," Applejack said, "Let's get goin'."


Time: 1:15 PM, Friday, Outside Coppermane's Cottage

"Wait here, I'll only be a second," Coppermane said to the four mares.

"Don't take too long," Rainbow Dash said, being her usual impatient self.

Copper went into his cottage, bringing his luggage in with his magic. The four mares looked at each other with concern.

"You sure we should let him see her?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Yeah, the Celebration's tomorrow. If he gets sick…" Pinkie Pie said.

"Ah, know, but he has a point. He can protect himself with his magic, and also he might know some spells ta help Fluttershy get better," Applejack said.

"And besides," Rarity chimed in, "I think the poor thing just wants to see Fluttershy. It's been almost a week since he's seen her."

As the four of them talked this over, they were suddenly approached by Mayor Mare.

"Oh, howdy, Miss Mare," Applejack said, tipping her hat.

"Hello, Applejack. Hi girls! Is Coppermane here? I need him to come down to the Celebration grounds," the Mayor Mare said.

"Oh, he's inside his house getting some things right now. He'll be right out!" Pinkie Pie said with her signature cheeriness.

Coppermane walked out of his cottage, "Okay, I'm ready to go." Copper stopped upon seeing the Mayor, "Oh, hello, Miss Mare."

"Hello, Coppermane. Have you been enjoying your time in Ponyville?" she asked.

Oh, you have no idea. "Yeah, I love it here!" Copper said, making the Mayor smile, "Um…do you need something from me?"

"Actually, yes. I need you to come down to the Celebration grounds with me for mic tests," Mayor Mare said.

Copper was about to say yes, but he remembered Fluttershy, "Um…now?" Copper asked.

"If you can, yes, now. It shouldn't take more than thirty minutes," Mayor Mare said.

Copper was so frustrated inside. Is everything trying to keep me from Fluttershy today? I just want to spend time with her! Is that too much to ask, world?

Copper glanced over at his four friends, and Applejack spoke up before he could say anything.

"Go with the Mayor, sugarcube. We'll let Fluttershy know y'all will be there as soon as ya can," Applejack said.

"But…but…Fluttershy," Copper said, feeling so frustrated inside.

"Copper," Applejack said with a surprisingly stern voice, "Ah know y'all wanna see Fluttershy, but you came to Ponyville for the Celebration. Y'all have work ta do, and ya can't forget about that. Besides, she said it shouldn't take more than a half-hour. We'll let her know that y'all will be there as soon as ya can, okay? Go with the Mayor, it's gonna be fine."

Copper looked at Applejack for a second before sighing in defeat. She was right.

"…okay…" Copper said reluctantly, looking down at the ground in defeat.

"Thanks, sugarcube. We'll see y'all in a bit, okay?" Applejack said.

And with that, they split up. Applejack and the other three heading for Fluttershy's and Coppermane going with the Mayor.


Time: 1:45 PM, Friday, Fluttershy's Cottage

Fluttershy was on the couch looking miserable. She laid there, completely pale, and her mane was unkempt and filled with split-ends. Her head was burning up, and her blanket, pillow, and coat were soaked with sweat. Next to her was a bucket next to her in case she needed to…purge. She was extremely light headed, and her throat was so sore she could barely talk. She was not in good shape by any means. On top of that, she was also crying. The girls had told her that she probably wouldn't be able to see Coppermane today even if he did come back (which he did). They told her that she couldn't risk getting him sick the day before the Celebration.

Twilight was patting her back, "Fluttershy, it's okay. You don't want him to get sick do you?"

"No…but…" Fluttershy said in an extremely weak and raspy voice, "…but…I miss him so much."

"I know…I know…" Twilight said to the sad mare. Fluttershy was having a terrible day, but there wasn't really much they could do about it. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in! It's unlocked!" Twilight called out. The door opened, and in walked Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity.

"Hi, girls," Twilight said, "did…Coppermane ever show up?"

"Yeah, he's back," Rainbow Dash said.

"Was he understanding about…y'know…" Twilight said, gesturing towards Fluttershy.

"Well…um…he's coming later…" Applejack said, to which Twilight frowned, and Fluttershy immediately sat up upon hearing what she said.

"Is he crazy? He can't get sick before the concert!" Twilight said, face-hoofing herself.

"Twilight, he insisted. Besides, he can protect himself with magic as well," Applejack said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Twilight said, blushing slightly.

"And besides, he said he has some healing spellbooks. He might be able to help the poor thing," Rarity said.

"Really? Well…okay…as long as he knows what he's risking," Twilight said.

"He…he's coming?" Fluttershy said weakly, looking at the five other mares with hope in her eyes.

"I guess he is, Fluttershy," Twilight said.

"The Mayor asked him to come with her to do mic tests for the Celebration, but he'll be here as soon as he can," Rainbow Dash said.

Fluttershy smiled. Maybe today wouldn't be so bad. Her thoughts though were immediately interrupted by a sudden wave of nausea. She went for the bucket, making the five other mares cringe. Fluttershy coughed, and flopped back on the couch.

"Y'all alright, sugarcube?" Applejack said, walking over to the sick mare.

Fluttershy coughed, "Y-Yeah," she said weakly. She smiled involuntarily, her thought returning to Coppermane. He was coming to see her soon. She couldn't be more excited.

"Alright, well Ah gotta get back to the farm. Still gotta lot of things ta get done for the Celebration. Fluttershy, take care of yourself, okay? Hope y'all feel better. See y'all later!" Applejack said. The girls said goodbye and the orange mare left for Sweet Apple Acres.

"I should get going too. I need to finish my dress for the Celebration. Farewell!" Rarity said, and walked out the door.

"I need to go too. Mr. and Mrs. Cake are helping to cater the Celebration, and I promised I would help. Bye girls!" Pinkie Pie said as she hopped out the door.

"I guess I should go too. The Wonderbolts are going to be at the Celebration, and I need to perfect some tricks. Bye Fluttershy, hope you feel better soon. Bye Twilight!" Rainbow Dash said before bolting out the door.

Twilight and Fluttershy were left alone waiting for Coppermane to arrive.


Time: 3:00 PM, Friday, Fluttershy's Cottage

Fluttershy was out cold on the couch with Twilight sitting beside her. She was in really bad shape. Hopefully Copper would be able to help.

There was a knock on the door…it was him. Not wanting to wake Fluttershy, Twilight answered the door herself. She opened it, and Coppermane was on the other side.

"Hi, Copper. Come in, but keep your voice down, she's sleeping," Twilight quickly said in a whisper, not wanting him to wake her.

"Oh, okay," Copper said in a whisper. He walked in, and Twilight quietly shut the door behind him. He was carrying a spellbook with his magic. "Sorry I took so long. Technical problems made it run a bit longer than I expected."

"Don't worry about it," Twilight said, giving the colt a hug, "It's so good to see you again."

"You too," Copper said, hugging her back.

Twilight released him, and her face turned serious, "You have your protection spell up, right?"

"Yeah," Copper said, "Where is she?"

Twilight pointed towards the mare sleeping on the couch. Copper was shocked…she looked horrible.

"Oh wow…she's really in bad shape," Copper said, quietly walking over to Fluttershy's side.

"Copper, you are aware that you could get sick right?" Twilight asked in a whisper, still worried about her friend's health.

"Of course I am, but I want to help her. I don't want her to be sick for the Celebration," Copper said in a whisper. Copper felt Fluttershy's head with his hoof, "She's really burning up."

"I know. Poor thing," Twilight said.

Copper took note of her pale coat, messy mane, the sweat everywhere, everything. It pained him to see Fluttershy in such a state.

"Copper, you know you can't risk getting sick before the concert. You can't perform if you're not feeling well," Twilight said.

"Twilight, I've waited long enough to see Fluttershy. And like I said, I don't want her to be sick for the Celebration. You remember what I wrote in the letter right?" Copper said.

"I do. I'm still worried though," Twilight said.

"Twilight, it'll be fine. Okay, we should try some of these spells now. Should I wake her up?" Copper asked.

"Um…sure, I guess," Twilight said.

Copper poked the sleeping mare, "Fluttershy? Fluttershy? It's me, Coppermane. I'm here."

Fluttershy stirred a little bit, and slowly opened her eyes to behold the colt of her dreams standing right beside her. She gasped, and immediately lunged forward and hugged him.

"Coppermane!" Fluttershy said in a weak, raspy, yet excited voice. She was almost in tears from seeing the colt of her dreams again. He hugged her back, and Fluttershy let out a sigh of bliss at being held by him. "Oh, I missed you so much!" she said with a big smile.

Copper held her close, enjoying her warmth, "I…I missed you too, Fluttershy…" he said, loving the feeling of holding Fluttershy in his hooves once again.

The two love-sick ponies shared a loving embrace for a few minutes before Fluttershy realized what she might be doing. She gasped, immediately backed away, "Oh…I'm…I'm sorry. Did…did I just get you sick?"

Copper was surprised at her backing away so suddenly, but chuckled at her concern, "I have a protection spell on me, don't worry," Copper said. His face turned concerned, "Wow…you sound awful. How did this happen?"

"I…I don't know…I…I…" Fluttershy tried to talk, but a wave of nausea rushed her, and she went for the bucket again. Copper cringed at the sight. Fluttershy brought her head up, and blushed in embarrassment, "…s-s-sorry…" She flopped her head back onto her sweat-soaked pillow.

"Not your fault," Copper said, "I…I have some healing spellbooks with me. I was going to try to use some to help you, would that be okay?"

"Um…sure…it worked on Angel right?" Fluttershy asked hopefully.

"Well…um…I'm not sure it will work, is the thing," Copper said nervously.

"What do you mean, Copper?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I used it on Angel a while back to cure him of the same thing, but Angel is a small animal. I've never done it on a pony before," Copper said nervously.

"But…you said you used it on yourself all the time…" Fluttershy said weakly.

"Is it something I can try?" Twilight asked.

"It's easier to use on yourself than it is on others, and it's taken me a while to master. Honestly, Fluttershy, the fact that I was able to cure Angel was really lucky on my part," Copper said remorsefully, "But I figure it's worth a shot. It couldn't hurt."

"Um…okay…" Fluttershy said weakly.

Copper flipped through his spellbook until he got to the healing spell he wanted to try.

"Okay…here goes…" Copper said. He cleared his mind and focused all his strength into his magic. His horn glowed with a white aura, and the aura found it's way to Fluttershy and engulfed her. Fluttershy gasped, but let Copper do his thing. Fluttershy trusted him. After about a few minutes, Fluttershy felt her sinuses clear up a little bit, and her throat felt a little less sore, but Copper eventually opened his eyes, and collapsed on the ground from exhaustion. He looked up at Fluttershy.

"D-Did it work?" he asked. Fluttershy was about to respond before she went for the bucket again. Darn it.

Copper sighed, "I'm really sorry, Fluttershy, I tried," he said, feeling like a failure.

Fluttershy had a coughing fit before responding, "It…it's okay." Fluttershy let out a yawn.

"Looks like somepony needs to go back to sleep," Twilight said. Fluttershy didn't respond, she just rolled over, facing away from the two ponies, and fell back asleep. Or at least, somewhat. She tried to stay conscious to hear what Copper and Twilight would say. Fluttershy wasn't one to eavesdrop, but she wanted to hear what Copper would say when he thought she was asleep. A little devious? Yes, but Fluttershy's curiosity got the best of her.

Twilight brought Copper towards the door, and attempted to coax him out of the house.

"Copper, thank you so much for trying. I think you should go back home so you don't risk getting sick, also so you can practice," Twilight said, really not wanting him to get sick.

"Actually…Twilight…do you think…I could stay and take care of her?" Copper asked nervously.

"Copper, you know you can't take this chance. What will happen to you if you get sick? Your entire reason for coming to Ponyville will be gone," Twilight said, "I know you've wanted to see Fluttershy for a long time now, but is it really worth the risk?"

Copper sighed. He knew she was right, but…Fluttershy. He looked back over at the sleeping mare (or at least that's what he thought), and then back at Twilight.

"If it means that I can spend time with Fluttershy, then…yes, it's absolutely worth the risk. Fluttershy looks like she's in really bad shape, and I can't just sit idly by while she suffers. If she's in pain, I want to be there for her to help her get through it. I can't just abandon her after one little failure. I…I care about her, Twilight. I just want to be there for her."

Twilight opened her mouth to counter him, but she drew a blank. Copper loves Fluttershy too much just to let her suffer like this. Besides, Fluttershy has missed him terribly over these last few days, and she was already having a really horrible day.

Twilight sighed, "Okay, but a few conditions," she said in a stern voice, "I'm not leaving. I'm staying to take care of her too, keep your protective spell on at all times, and if you cough or sneeze even once, I'm kicking you out, no arguments. Are we clear?"

Copper nodded, despite Twilight being very stern, "Thank you so much, Twilight."

Twilight shook her head and chuckled, "You're crazy, you know?"

"I'm with Fluttershy now. I don't care," Copper said with a smirk. Twilight giggled at his remark.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, okay?" Twilight said.

"I won't, I won't. I heard you loud and clear," Copper said.

"Good. Now I'm going to go make Fluttershy some soup," Twilight said as she adjourned to the kitchen.

Fluttershy was laying down on the couch facing away from the two arguing ponies, fake-sleeping. She had heard everything that Copper had said, and tears of happiness fell from her eyes. Copper cared enough about her to take care of her knowing full well that he could be putting his entire mission in jeopardy. He was willing to do anything just to spend time with her, wasn't he? Oh, Coppermane…I love you so much…

After a few moments of silence, Fluttershy allowed her mind to drift off, and was out cold in only a few minutes. Copper went over to her and started brushing her mane with his hoof.

"I'm right here for you, Fluttershy," Copper whispered to the sleeping mare. It was weird, even though she was sick, Copper couldn't help but notice how cute she looked when she was asleep. Why was everything about this mare so cute? Copper spent the next few minutes just sitting next to Fluttershy with no intention of leaving her side.


Time: 7:00 PM, Friday, Fluttershy's Cottage

The day was almost over, and Twilight and Coppermane had spent the entire day taking care of Fluttershy. Luckily, Fluttershy was getting better as the day went on. Her fever broke a couple hours ago, and her throat was less sore now. Her stomach was slightly better. Applejack had come by earlier and brought some apples with her. Fluttershy's stomach seemed to be handling it alright.

During this entire time, Coppermane spent every moment he could with Fluttershy, and she loved it. They spent the whole day talking whenever Fluttershy wasn't out cold. Copper told her all about the Crystal Empire and about how he was asked by all three princesses to sing for them. A personal concert for royalty. And by their request. What an honor!

"Well, I-I'm just happy you're back," Fluttershy said, still laying on the couch with Coppermane sitting beside the couch right next to her.

"I-I'm glad to be back too," Copper said, "I…I missed you a lot."

"I-I missed you too," Fluttershy said, blushing, "I-I just hope you don't get sick from me."

"D-Don't worry about me, Fluttershy. I-I just want to spend time with you," Copper said, blushing.

Fluttershy's heart warmed at his comment. Just to spend time with me…

"Y-You're really sweet," Fluttershy said, still blushing.

Copper's face went bright red.

Fluttershy giggled on the inside. He's so adorable when he blushes…

Another thought occurred to Fluttershy that immediately made her worry.

"Um…Copper?" Fluttershy said.

"Yeah, Fluttershy?" Copper asked.

"D-Don't you need to p-practice a little bit? I-I mean…the Celebration is tomorrow…" Fluttershy said.

Copper drooped his head down. He knew she was right, but he really didn't want to leave her side. She was feeling better, yes, but she was still sick.

But then another thought occurred to him. He still had to do something before the day was over…concerning another important part of the Celebration. A part that involved a particular mare. As much as he didn't want to leave Fluttershy…he still needed to do some things before executing his plan. He looked back up at Fluttershy's captivating face.

"Oh yeah…I guess I do," Copper said, sounding dejected.

"Um…if…if you want to step out and p-practice…I-I don't mind. I-I'm sure you want to k-keep your songs a secret, r-right?" Fluttershy said.

"Um…yeah. Okay, thanks…a-as much as I would like to stay…I guess you're right," Copper said, "I-I'll be back later though, okay?" Copper said, standing up.

"O-Okay. Oh and um…Copper?" Fluttershy said.

"Hmm?"

"Um…th-thanks for helping to t-take care of me. I…I really appreciate it," Fluttershy said, trying to hide her blushing face behind her blankets.

Copper blushed, "N-No problem. A-Anything for you, Fluttershy," he said, blushing even more.

Fluttershy was blushing as well. They stared into each other's eyes for a second before Copper reluctantly pulled away and walked towards the door.

"B-Be back soon!" Copper said. Fluttershy could only wave back at him, as her voice was still quite weak.

Copper walked out the door, and set out to begin practicing…and to put his plan in motion.

Back with Fluttershy, she was upset that Copper was no longer with her, but she knew he had work to do. As much as she wanted to spend time with him, she couldn't be so selfish as to keep him from his mission. Twilight walked back into the room with some more soup for the sick mare, levitating it with her magic.

"Where's Coppermane?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Oh…um…I t-told him he should go practice, so he st-stepped out," Fluttershy said remorsefully, "He…He said he'd be back though."

Twilight was about to say something, but remembered what Copper was planning to do tonight, and decided to not say anything about that.

"Oh, okay. Well, I have more soup for you. Hope this helps soothe your throat," Twilight said.

"Th-Thanks, Twilight," Fluttershy said.


Time: 7:45 PM, Friday, Carousel Boutique

Rarity was working on her dress for the Summer Sun Celebration. It wasn't anything fancy, but at the same time, it was classy. She was working on it when she heard a knock on her door. She went to answer it to find Coppermane standing on the other side.

"Coppermane?" Rarity said.

"Hi, Rarity…um…sorry to bother you but…I need your help again," Copper said nervously.

Rarity looked to the colt's side to see a basket with filled with cherry blossoms again. This time with their stems though. What was on this colt's mind?

"Another necklace for Fluttershy?" Rarity asked with a smirk.

"Um…not this time. I…uh…want to make her something…different…" Copper said.

"Oh?" Rarity asked.

"I want to make her a bouquet of flowers."

"Oh a bouquet? Oh that's easy! What do you need me to do, dear?"

"Do you know of, like, a really beautiful flower I can use along with these cherry blossoms?"

Rarity pondered for a moment, but very shortly had an idea…

"As a matter of fact, there is one flower I know of that would be perfect," Rarity said.

"Really? What?" Copper asked, extremely curious.

"Come inside, I happen to have some of them. I'll tell you about them inside," Rarity said. Copper followed her inside, eager to see what she had to show him.


"Copper, she is going to love this. You are the sweetest colt in Equestria!" Rarity said, being extremely giddy.

"Oh, c'mon Rarity, you don't have to say that," Copper humbly said with a blush.

"Oh, but it's true, darling! I'd give anything for a stallion that did these kinds of things for me! Fluttershy's the luckiest mare in the world," Rarity said, giving the colt a big hug.

"Hehe, well thanks," Copper said with a big blush, reciprocating her hug. She released him after a moment. "And don't worry, Rarity. You're an amazing mare. Your stallion will come in time, I'm sure of it," Copper said with a smile.

Rarity smiled at the colt, "And you say you're not the sweetest colt in Equestria."

Copper blushed again, "Hehe, just saying, y'know?"

"Well, you should probably get going before it gets any later, darling," Rarity said.

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks again for your help, Rarity, I really appreciate it," Copper said, "I hope she likes it."

"Sweetheart, there is no possible way for her to not like that. And I'm always happy to help you, dear, anytime you need it," Rarity said with a smile.

Rarity and Coppermane shared one more hug before Copper picked up the bouquet with his magic and exited Rarity's boutique. Copper began to head back to Fluttershy's house, eager to see that beautiful face again.


Time: 8:30 PM, Friday, Fluttershy's Cottage

Fluttershy and Twilight were talking about what they were planning on doing at the Celebration, mostly talking about how they were looking forward to Copper's concert. Fluttershy was feeling much better now. No fever, sinuses unclogged, her stomach was settling, and her throat wasn't as sore anymore, but she still was feeling quite weak, so she still laid there on the couch. They heard a knock on the door, and Twilight went and answered it. It was Coppermane, and Twilight noticed a…beautiful bouquet…being levitated behind Copper by his magic. Twilight's eyes widened.

"Are you going to…" Twilight asked with a huge smile on her face. Copper nodded, and Twilight tried her best not to squeal in excitement.

Copper walked in, trying his best to conceal the bouquet behind him…although he hoped Fluttershy wouldn't question why his horn was glowing. Twilight stayed by the door to watch the whole thing go down, giddy as all heck. Copper walked up to the mare laying on the couch, his heart beating faster and faster the closer he got. Fluttershy looked at Coppermane, making his heartbeat skyrocket.

"Coppermane, you're back," she said weakly, sitting up on the couch. She noticed his glowing horn, but didn't see anything floating with a white aura around her. She didn't really pay much attention to it though, she was just glad that Coppermane was back.

"Hehe, yeah, I am," he said nervously.

"D-Did you have a nice time practicing?" Fluttershy asked.

"Y-Yeah, I did," Copper said, rubbing the back of his neck with his hoof.

"Do…Do you think you're r-ready for tomorrow?" Fluttershy asked.

"Um…yeah. I-I think if I practice a bit tomorrow before the Celebration, I-I'll be fine," Copper said, still rubbing his neck.

"I-I can't wait. I-I'm actually s-surprised you came back," Fluttershy said to Coppermane's surprise.

"W-What makes you s-say that?" Copper asked, trying to act calm despite his unnaturally high heart rate.

"W-Well…it's p-pretty late. I-I figured you would've g-gone home," Fluttershy said.

"W-Well, I'm going to go home in a bit, but…I promised I'd c-come back didn't I?" Copper rhetorically asked.

"Y-Yeah, you did. Th-Thank you," Fluttershy said with a smile.

"B-Besides, th-there's still something I n-need to do before I go," Copper said, his already high heart rate rising even more.

"Hmm?" Fluttershy was slightly confused. He practiced didn't he? What did else could he possibly need to do.

Copper got closer to the mare of his dreams, his heart feeling like it's being lit on fire. Here goes nothing.

"Um…well…the f-Celebration is tomorrow…and…um…I w-want to have the best time I possibly can, and, th-there's one thing that I know will guarantee that I have not only the best time, but an amazing time," Copper said.

Fluttershy was still confused. What is he getting at?
Copper suddenly revealed the reason why his horn was glowing. He levitated a beautiful bouquet of cherry blossoms and, another flower that Fluttershy had never seen before. It was a beautiful, white, five-petal flower that gave off a faint glow and giving off small little white bits of magical light particles, lightly trickling off the petals. A bouquet full of them with cherry blossoms. It was the most beautiful bouquet Fluttershy had ever seen in her life, and it was being presented to her from the colt of her dreams. Fluttershy was speechless…

"C-Coppermane?" Fluttershy managed to say, "W-Wha…wha…"

"Fluttershy, will you be my date to the Summer Sun Celebration?" Copper finally said. Copper's heart was on fire, awaiting a response…

Fluttershy thought she was hearing things. Did he just…

Fluttershy…he just asked you to the Summer Sun Celebration…

Fluttershy was beside herself with happiness…he actually asked her…it was too good to be true…

But…he has his performance…he's going to be so busy…I…I don't want to bother him…

She looked up into Coppermane's captivating brown eyes…

"B-But C-Copper…y-you…y-you have a p-performance t-to worry ab-bout," Fluttershy stammered, struggling against her emotions to speak, "I-I w-would just g-get in the way…I d-don't want to do th-that to you…"

"Fluttershy…" Copper said, moving even closer to the mare of his dreams, "d-don't think like that. I-I do have a performance, yes, b-but don't think for even a second that you'll get in the way. Time with you means way more to me than performing. A-And if I really am that busy, I'll make time for you. I-I want nothing more than the honor of having you as my date."

Fluttershy smiled and couldn't hold back a single tear of happiness escaping from her eye. He wanted to take her to the Celebration more than he wanted to perform. Once again, he just wanted to spend time with her…no matter what it took. The colt of her dreams was standing in front of her asking her for the honor of having her as his date. Taking her was an honor? Coppermane never failed to make Fluttershy feel special. She shed a few more tears of happiness before finally…

"Oh, Coppermane," Fluttershy said with a sniffle, "I…I'd love to go with you."

Copper thought he was hearing things…did she just…

Copper…she just said yes…

Copper's heart soared. In fact, he was so excited that he gave Fluttershy a big hug, to which Fluttershy immediately reciprocated, her face still stained with tears of joy.

They released each other after a few moments of just enjoying each other's warmth, and Copper levitated the bouquet over to Fluttershy who accepted it with open hooves, absolutely captivated by its beauty.

Twilight couldn't resist letting out a squeal for her two best friends.

"Oh I'm so happy for you two!" Twilight said. "Copper, what kind of flower is that?! I've never seen it before in my life."

"Oh, yeah, well, I had Rarity help me make this, and she had some of these lying around. It's a magic, immortal flower called white firebloom. I…I thought it would be really nice. It's…It's really pretty isn't it?" Copper said. The most beautiful bouquet in Equestria for the most beautiful mare in Equestria.

"I'll say," Twilight said, completely captivated by the white firebloom's beauty.

"It…It's beautiful, Coppermane. Th-Thank you so much…" Fluttershy said, still crying from happniness. After a while, she let out a mighty yawn, indicating how tired she was.

"I think it's time for Coppermane and me to go," Twilight said.

"Th-Thanks for t-taking care of me t-today," Fluttershy said.

Coppermane rubbed the back of his neck with his hoof, and blushed.

"A-Anytime, Fluttershy," Copper said nervously.

Fluttershy got up out of her couch to see the two ponies out, putting the bouquet on the end table. She took it slow, still a bit dizzy from being sick.

"Goodbye, Fluttershy!" Twilight said.

"S-See you t-tomorrow, Fluttershy. Um…does 8:00 sound okay?" Copper asked nervously.

"Th-that sounds perfect," Fluttershy said, blushing.

Copper was about to walk out the door when…

"Um…Coppermane?" Fluttershy said.

"Hmm?" Copper asked, turning around to the mare.

Fluttershy walked up to the colt of her dreams, and delicately kissed him on the cheek.

Copper stood there stunned for a second. It was the second time she had done that, but it was still highly unexpected. His face went bright red, and he smiled involuntarily, making Fluttershy do the same.

"Th-thanks for asking me t-to the Celebration…" Fluttershy said, blushing profusely.

"Hehe, well…thanks for saying yes. You…you made my entire day," Copper said, also blushing profusely.

Fluttershy couldn't help but shed another tear of joy. Copper and Fluttershy hugged one more time before Copper finally departed.

Fluttershy went over to the bouquet of white firebloom and cherry blossoms, and picked it up with her mouth to bring it upstairs with her. She took it slowly, since she was still a bit sick, and a bit dizzy as a result.

She got to her room, and placed the bouquet down on the nightstand by her bed. She turned off the lights, and all was dark except for the white firebloom. The magic dust coming off with the faint light the petals emitted was truly a beautiful sight in the darkness. Fluttershy went to her bed and laid down. Knowing that Copper got such a rare flower for her…it warmed her heart. And she had kissed him on the cheek again! She would never get tired of doing that.

Fluttershy slowly dozed off, tears of joy falling down her face, and dreaming Coppermane, the sweetest, most amazing colt in Equestria.


"I'm so happy for you two!" Twilight said to Copper as they walked back to Ponyville together.

"Hehe, thanks. I just can't believe that she'll be mine for the Celebration. It's…amazing…" Copper said, smiling at the thought of being with Fluttershy for the whole Celebration tomorrow.

"Just be wary of any mares that approach you after your performance, Copper," Twilight said with a smirk.

"Oh, I don't know about that, Twilight," Copper said, blushing slightly.

"You never know," Twilight said with a teasing tone in her voice.

"Well, in either case, I'm already going to be with the most amazing mare in Equestria tomorrow, and I wouldn't have it any other way," Copper said with a smile on his face.

"You're so sweet, Copper. Fluttershy's really lucky," Twilight said.

After a while of walking and talking, the came upon Copper's Cottage. Twilight and Copper hugged each other goodbye and Copper went inside his house, immediately heading for his bed. What a day. And Fluttershy said yes! AND he got another kiss on the cheek from her. He was beside himself with happiness. He remembered Fluttershy's face when he showed her the bouquet…when he asked her to the Celebration…that smile on her face when she said yes…it warmed Copper's heart like nothing else could. Copper would do anything just to make Fluttershy smile. Her smile was the greatest reward in Equestria to Copper.

And the Celebration was tomorrow, and now that Fluttershy had said yes, Copper could hardly wait.

Copper couldn't help entertaining the thought of mares coming up to him after his performance. It made him laugh, mostly because he was positive it wouldn't happen. Either way, he was Fluttershy's tomorrow, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Copper went upstairs to his room and collapsed in his bed, quickly falling asleep. He dreamed of his concert tomorrow, and about Fluttershy, the most beautiful, and the most amazing mare in Equestria.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment, and if you enjoyed it, like and share! I'll see you all next chapter. Until next time...peace!