• Published 5th Feb 2016
  • 3,086 Views, 197 Comments

I Don't Need a Love Potion to Love You - Night Flight



Have you ever thought that how a simple potion can change everyone's lives? If not, then here you go, and even if you had, still, HERE WE GO!

  • ...
9
 197
 3,086

1- A Great Invention

“YAY! SHE MADE IT, SHE MADE IT!” screamed Pinkie Pie, a girl with puffy, pink hair. “Wait… what did you made?”

Sunset rolled her eyes before speaking, “The potion I’ve always wanted to make. I FINALLY MADE IT!” she said happily.

Twilight, who was sipping on her water spit it all out. “REALLY?! Does that mean that you don’t want me to test those creepy liquids?” asked Twilight with a big grin.

“Well… not exactly. I’ll need volunteers to try the potion. I’m only eighty nine percent sure that the potion will work. I have to be one hundred percent sure that it works,” replied Sunset.

“Sorry to interrupt in your conversation but what is this potion you two are talking about?” asked Rainbow as she munched her sandwich.

“No offence Rainbow, but it’s not something that is good for you. You’ll only like to try it if a thunderbolt or something hit your head,” she said with a chuckle to Rainbow. “But if you guys really care, it’s a love potion. I know, I know, now all of you will say that love potion is only in tales, but I actually made it! This potion is exactly my one hundred and twenty third sample. Most of them burst in my face and there was only a few of them that didn’t. Those few potions were tested by different people…”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa… DIFFERENT people? You gave all of those junks to me!” said Twilight angrily.

“This is soooo not right. I tested them on my sister and my cousins. All of them,” said Sunset with a professional tone. “And of course you.”

“Ugh, whatever,” answered Twilight with an annoyed tone.

“As I was saying, this potion is more important than others because I’ve never been eighty nine percent sure that my love potion works. But now that I am, I wanna be one hundred percent sure. So… any of you wanna volunteer?”

“Ahem, let’s look at this professionally,” said Twilight. “If I volunteer, then there’s a tiny problem. Who’s the lucky boy who will fall in love with me?”

Others nodded. Clearly, Twilight’s question was a very good question and was answered quickly by Sunset, “Don’t worry, I’d thought of that before. If any of you volunteer, I’ll let you choose whoever you want.”

“Whoever?”

“Whoever you said.”

“But what if that whoever wasn’t a volunteer? Huh?” asked Twilight with a raised eyebrow. “Also, have you thought of a cure for it? Even if someone choose to drink the potion and fall in love with someone she/he doesn’t know, you’ll still need a cure for it.”

“Twilight’s completely right. Ah guess ya have to complete all of those things first,” said Applejack with her country accent.

Sunset huffed and answered, “Please, I have thought of every single of those before. There IS a cure for it. And if that boy you chose wasn’t a volunteer, I’ll mix the potion with his food. Trust me girls, he wouldn’t even know who did this.”

Twilight’s eyes went wide as she find out what Sunset said and she quickly gasped. “HOW COULD YOU?! Sunset this isn’t right! You’re breaking humans’ rights!”

“Ah’m… not sure that it actually is humans’ rights or not but ah clearly know that I’ll feel really bad about lyin’ to someone. Even if it’s a boy,” said Applejack with doubt.

“I… I think it’s so…scary,” said Fluttershy with a voice full of fear. “I’ll sure feel terrible if I do this and… oh! Think how angry that boy will get if he finds out. I don’t anyone to scream at me.”

“Darling, of course it’s wrong but I rather choose a boy who… agrees. But he’d better be handsome or I won’t accept,” said Rarity with a smile.

“Come on guys. This isn’t anything but… AWESOME!” shouted Rainbow Dash happily. “Mixing the potion in his food without him knowing it? I’ve never heard or seen anything more awesome than that! Count me in!”

All of the girls around the table stared at Rainbow with wide eyes. “Rainbow darling, are you sure about it?” asked Rarity with a confused expression.

“Yep,” answered Rainbow confidently. “What? I’m a girl too. I may act like a boy but that doesn’t mean I haven’t think of having boyfriend,” she said as she saw her friends’ confused faces.

“So from here we have two volunteers: Rarity and Rainbow. Right?” exclaimed Sunset. Rarity and Rainbow nodded and confirmed their agreement. “So who do you choose as your partner during the test?” asked Sunset excitedly.

“As I told you darling, as long as my partner isn’t like a freaky frog, I’m fine with whoever volunteered,” said Rarity. Although she answered Sunset calmly, excitement could be easily read from her eyes.

“And you Rainbow?”

“I… don’t know,” answered Rainbow.

“But I know!” said Rarity with a very excited tone. “Why don’t you choose Soarin?”

“What? No!” answered Rainbow quickly.

“I don’t usually ship people but I’ve gotta agree on this one. You two truly are great together,” said Twilight with a smile. After her, others nodded and giggled at the thought of Soarin and Rainbow being together.

“No. Just no,” said Rainbow sternly.

“But why darling?” asked Rarity.

“Yeah Rarity’s right. Why? You’d better have an acceptable reason Rainbow Dash,” said Sunset to her. What everyone expected was Rainbow, taking some minutes to make an excuse and give them a lie. However, what happened certainly wasn’t the same.

Rainbow shrugged dismissively and answered, “First it’s that he already has a girlfriend. Second, he’s my best friend so in summary, I can’t be disloyal to my best friend.”

“He…” whispered Rarity.

“…Has a…” continued Twilight.

“…GIRLFRIEND?!” all of the girls shouted together.

In return, Rainbow just stared at them with an indifferent expression. “Yeah, so what?”

“So what? SO WHAT? Since when he has a girlfriend?” asked Rarity.

“And since when do you care?” asked Rainbow with a raised eyebrow.

“It’s just that…” started Twilight. She looked at others and when she saw them nodding, she continued, “We always thought that since…”

“… Soarin is my best friend, we’ll end up being together. Seriously guys?” said Rainbow with the same indifferent tone she had earlier.

“So who’s the girl anyway?” asked Applejack.

“If you girls really wanna know, it’s that girl named Fury Star.”

“Ewww!” all of the girls said in union.

This time, Rainbow’s cold expression changed and her magenta eyes went wide. “What?”

“Why her of all girls?” said Pinkie with her tongue poked out in disgust.

“Hey, what’s everyone’s problem with her? She’s a good girl,” said Rainbow with frown.

“Wow, not only you support your best friend but you support his girlfriend too,” said Twilight with an amazed face.

Rainbow huffed. “Yeah, protecting her from her own boyfriend,” she muttered under her breath.

“What was that?” asked Rarity.

“Huh? Nothing. Nothing. It’s just that… Spitfire and Fleetfoot both hate her too. Among them, only I support her,” said Rainbow quickly.

“You mean even Soarin doesn’t like her?” asked Sunset with a raised eyebrow.

“What? I never said so,” said Rainbow with a smile that seemed normal to others but to the friends who knew her for years, was an awkward smile.

“Something isn’t right here,” said Twilight with a doubtful tone and narrowed eyes.

“Why are we talking about Soarin’s relationship again?” asked Fluttershy. She clearly asked this to help Rainbow.

“Fluttershy has a good point here. Why? WHY?” exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

“Fine Pinkie. We got it. No need to shout sugar cube,” said Applejack as she continued eating her lunch.

“How about we continue eating, then talk about it?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah, that’s better,” said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash who find out that Fluttershy had gain all of her courage and said those things at the first place, gave her a warm smile to thank her. ‘Idiot eggheads and their huge brain,’ cursed Rainbow in her mind.


Few tables away from the seven friends, other three friends were sitting on a table. Two of them were eating their lunch while the other was holding his head with his hands.

“So what Soar?” asked one of his friends who had silver hair and aqua skin. Everyone in the school knew her as Fleetfoot. “It’s not like we really care do we?”

“Like I said, it’s not like I really care for her but it’s that she’ll go to Rainbow to solve this since she know Rainbow is the only one who supports her and is also my best friend. Then Rainbow has to come and make me accept my fault and after all of those, instead of a simple thank you, Fury would only hurt Rainbow’s feelings again. You have no idea how much it hurts to see that painful expression on her face,” explained the boy with navy blue hair, the one and only Soarin. “The bad part is that I can’t say anything to Fury cause this cycle will start again.”

A fiery haired girl who was eating her lunch rolled her eyes and muttered, “If you care this much for Rainbow why don’t you marry her already?”

Too bad that her whispering reached to Soarin’s ear and he quickly frowned. “SPITFIRE! You know that she’s only my best friend and nothing else.”

“Fine, fine, chill out. If nothing, I’ve been living with you for my entire life,” said Spitfire as she rolled her eyes.

“I just hope that this idiot girl doesn’t ruin anything,” said Soarin. Right at that moment, a girl with teary eyes walked past their table but stopped as she noticed Soarin. She stared at him with tears in her eyes but started walking away when she find out that Soarin wasn’t going to say anything.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” asked Fleetfoot. “You could have easily get her away from Rainbow and all the cycle you said earlier.”

“Tell her what? That I’m sorry? Never in a million years,” said Soarin angrily.

“Uh-oh. She’s walking to Rainbow’s table,” said Fleetfoot since she was exactly in front of Rainbow and her friends’ table.

“No wonder,” said Spitfire with a sigh.

“Here we go again,” said Soarin as he put back his head in his hands.