• Published 5th Feb 2016
  • 3,078 Views, 197 Comments

I Don't Need a Love Potion to Love You - Night Flight



Have you ever thought that how a simple potion can change everyone's lives? If not, then here you go, and even if you had, still, HERE WE GO!

  • ...
9
 197
 3,078

7-Day Three

School’s door opened and a couple entered. Just… it didn’t really seem that they were a couple since the boy was glaring angrily at the girl and the girl was huffing and muttering things as she walked beside.

The girl was none other none than Rainbow who was walking forward with a frown and a cute pout. The boy beside her was obviously her brother, Rapid Fire. He’s angry glare would scare a huge lion let alone a girl. But since Rainbow wasn’t a girl like others, she wasn’t buying it.

As they walked, a lot of attention was drawn to them and it wasn’t strange. Those students hadn’t ever seen neither Rapid nor Rainbow this grumpy and angry. But it didn’t look like just a simple fight that had happened between them, it was something more. Especially with the way Rainbow never get away from her brother.

“Hey Dashie!” said Pinkie as she bounced toward her.

“Hey Pinks,” muttered Rainbow with her previous frown.

“Why sooo blue?” she said happily.

“Ask my ‘big brother’,” answered Rainbow with a glare as she tried to say the words ‘big brother’ as teasingly as she could.

“Don’t say anything to make me angrier than what you already are. You’re lucky that I didn’t already get the hell out of your ‘friend’,” he said angrily.

“Whoa, no fightin’. What’s goin’ on?” asked Applejack who was watching the whole thing along with Rainbow’s other friends.

“What’s goin’ on? I don’t think it suits it. What the hell have you done Rainbow Dash would be better,” replied Rapid. “Guess what? Yesterday, I was going past her room and what did I hear? ‘Mom, I’m in love!’ and not only that, she’s in love with… with… HIM!” he said with all of the angriness he had inside of him.

Rainbow’s frown deepened and she quickly started bombarding her brother. “What’s wrong with him he’s the-” But she was cut off with her brother’s angry glare. ‘This time, it does look scary,’ thought Rainbow as she stared back at her brother with horrified face.

“Don’t start cause you know what will happen,” he said in a dangerous, low voice.

“Don’t hurt him,” said Rainbow with sad voice, a pout and puppy dog eyes. This it was Rapid’s turn to not buy Rainbow’s look. He only glared hard but didn’t answer her anymore.

“There he is,” he said through his greeted teeth.

“Rapid…” said Rainbow worriedly.

“Don’t speak a word,” he replied as he started walking toward the one and only Soarin who was talking to Fleetfoot happily. “Hey, YOU!”

Soarin turned his head to the voice curiously and a happy smile appear on his lips as he saw the one who had called him. “Hey Rapid! Long time no see!”

“Long time no see, huh? Well I’ll show you now,” he said with a frown.

“Is… everything okay?”

“Everything is good. PERFECT!” he answered. “What would you do if you found out that a real important girl has fallen for you?” asked Rapid with narrowed eyes.

“Real important as in what?”

“Beautiful, kind, caring, loyal, with a lot boys after him.”

“Well…no,” he answered right away. Then he whispered, “There’s someone I like.”

“Who? Speak up before you’re dead.”

“Well… um… she… she’s…”

“SAY IT ALREADY!”

“Okay, okay, that girl is Rainbow,” he said in a very low tone that no one heard. Soarin wasn’t even sure that he said anything himself. But Rapid’s sharp ear quickly caught it and his eyes narrowed at him.

But suddenly, he cheered up as if nothing had happened and no words were said. “Hey, you wanna hang out after school?”

“Yeah…” answered Soarin doubtfully.

“C’mon, it’s been a long time since the last time we hung out.”

“Okay… I don’t think that it’s a bad idea,” answered Soarin with a small smile. “See ya!”

“See ya after school too,” answered Rapid. Soarin walked away from there and Rapid Fire stared at him till he was out of sight.

Once he was nowhere around, Rainbow hugged her brother tightly and shouted, “THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! YOU’RE THE BEST BROTHER EVER!”

Rapid smiled and returned the hug almost immediately. “But don’t get your hopes up. He still has to be tested to be accepted as the right guy for my sister.”

“I don’t doubt that he can,” replied Rainbow with pride.

“Whoa, whoa, no defending your boyfriend!” said Rapid with a comical frown.

She quickly blushed and mumbled, “As much as I want to, he’s not my boyfriend.”

“Don’t worry. If he passed the test, I promise to help you in getting him,” said Rapid as he ruffled his sister’s hair. Rainbow grinned and said nothing. What else needed to be said? He had a wonderful brother who helped her wherever she needed help. Nothing could have been better than that. Just… if Soarin loved him back, this world would turn out to a real perfect one. “Now, I gotta go. For now, you can get close to him.” He smiled. But then, just as if something had entered his mind, he frowned and continued, “But not too close.”

Rainbow giggled. “Fiiiiine!” he watched as his brother started walking away. She smiled happily because in her mind, nothing, and just nothing was better than this brotherly support. In her heart, she silently wished that nothing ruin this moment.

But sometimes, wishes don’t come true…

“Rainbow…” called a girl with a sad voice.

“Not again,” muttered Twilight as she huffed at the new comer.

“Fury Star…” said Rainbow with a frown. “What is it this time?”

“Soarin… he… he… threw all of my gifts in trash can. Help me, please!” she said sadly.

“You know what?” said Rainbow. “I. DON’T. CARE.”

“What did you say?”

“Can’t you hear? I don’t care? Why would I? Are you idiot or blind that you don’t see it? Soarin doesn’t like you. He hates you. Why can’t you see?” replied Rainbow angrily.

“No, you’re the idiot one. You can’t see his love for me. He wants me to think this but deep in his heart, he loves me more than anything,” said Fury.

“If it’s so, then why do you come to me? Go and show him that ‘he has deep feelings’ for you.”

“You know what? You’re only doing this because you’re jealous. Jealous of me. You’re still regretting your wrong decision.”

Rainbow’s breath was quickly caught in her throat and her eyes went wide. But not because of her insult. It was because for once in her life, she had spoken the truth. Rainbow WAS feeling jealous. More jealous than ever before. She just wished that she had the power to kill Fury because of just being Soarin’s girlfriend. But even if she weren’t in love with him, Rainbow weren’t going to help her anymore.

“Who do you think you are?” said Sunset with a frown. “Rainbow can get any boy with a snap of finger. Even Soarin. And she sure doesn’t wish to be instead of someone that can’t even get love from her boyfriend.”

“How… how could you?” said Fury unbelievably.

“She’s only telling the truth.” As much as it surprised girls, it was Fluttershy who spoke up.

“You’d better shut up Cluttershy,” said Fury with a frown. Tears quickly appeared at Fluttershy’s eyes as she heard the bad name.

“Ya mess with her and ya won’t be alive the next minute,” said Applejack angrily.

“WHY INSTEAD OF ALL OF THESE JUNKS YOU GO BACK TO THE HELL YOU CAME FROM AND GET OUT OF EVERYONE’S SIGHT?” shouted Twilight angrily. Everyone looked at her with dropped jaws. Twilight never ever cursed. But one thing was for sure. When she did, it meant that she was like a true volcano that was going to erupt any second.

“Open your eyes and see that not even Soarin hates you but also, Rainbow won’t ever help you again so go away!” said Rarity.

“I WON’T!” she screamed stubbornly.

“Looks like someone needs a little push, right?” said Pinkie with a grin. “LET’S DO IT!” And with that, she started pushing the screaming Fury to one of the hallways with a big grin.

“Thank Goodness Pinkie got her away. I thought my beautiful hair was going to be set on fire!” said Rarity.

“She really is a jerk,” said Applejack as she emptied her angriness by kicking a trash nearby.

“I don’t care about anything. I’m just gonna let Soarin know a piece of my mind about that idiot girl,” said Rainbow angrily.

“You really wish you were Soarin’s girlfriend instead of him, right?” asked someone out of nowhere. Everyone turned their head to source of voice.

“Bluey!” squeaked Fluttershy.

She grinned. “The one and only! Now my answer is…”

“Unfortunately, it’s positive.”

“And you wanna let Soarin know about it right?”

“Not exactly but yeah.”

“And do you know a way for it?”

“Well… no.”

“Don’t fear! Cause I know!” announced Bluey happily. “All you have to do is singing him a song. A song that experesses your feeling.”

“But where can I find such thing?”

“Don’t worry. I already have one,” she replied as she gave Rainbow a paper that contained lyrics.

“Where do you get all of those songs?” asked Twilight curiously.

“Simple. I get them from here,” she said as she pointed to her head.

“Wow, that must be hard,” stated Sunset.

“More fun than hard,” answered Bluey.

“Well, this is the best song for expressing my true feelings. It’s as if this song is speaking instead of me!” said Rainbow excitedly. “Does it have a music too?”

“After working all night, yes.”

“Then what are you waiting for? I have to practice. Come on, come on, come on!” said Rainbow as she started flying before anyone and anything.

Applejack rolled her eyes and said, “No wonder her parents named her Rainbow ‘DASH’. She’s even dashing for singing!”


“Is there a way back?” asked Rainbow nervously.

“Where’s that over self-confidence ya killed us with?” said Applejack.

Rainbow frowned. “Now that you said that, I’ll do it to show you that I can.”

“C’mon ya. Ah believe in ya. What yer gonna do is the best thing to do. And ah’ll support ya in it,” said Applejack.

“Guuuuys! You gotta hurry. They may leave any second. Fury is getting more annoying every passing second,” whisper-shouted Bluey.

“I’m ready,” answered Rainbow confidently.

“Great! Let’s start now. When you heard me, go up the stage and start,” ordered Bluey. Then, she went up the stage and stood behind the curtains. She cleared her voice and started, “Hey everyone. Thanks for coming. Although you’re not that much… however, right now, you’re gonna hear a beautiful song by the one and only Rainbow Dash. As she said, this song tells you her deeeep feeling about Fury. Here you are and… RAINBOW DASH!”

Everyone cheered and Rainbow who was behind the curtains took a deep breath. This was it. The end of all of Fury’s bugging and also, something little for Soarin. She smiled as curtains went up and stared at the small crowd. There weren’t many people there. Just Soarin, Fury, Spitfire, Fleetfoot, Rainbow’s friends and her brother. ‘I’ll show you Fury Star. I’ll show you,’ thought Rainbow as she motioned for the song to start. Less than a second music was all over the room and Rainbow started singing right after that:

It was almost at the middle of Rainbow’s singing that she heard Soarin raising one of his eyebrows with a mischievous grin. “I’m… not impressed at all,” he said.

Rainbow quickly frowned as she heard it and started singing the middle of the song as angry as she could:
In a second you’ll be wrapped around my finger
‘Cause I can, ‘cause I can do it better
There’s no other, so when’s it gonna sink in?
She’s so stupid what the hell were you thinkin’?
In a second you’ll be wrapped around my finger
‘Cause I can, ‘cause I can do it better
There’s no other, so when’s it gonna sink in?
She’s so stupid what the hell were you thinkin’?
And she continued singing the rest with an angry glare to him. She was angry. Real angry. He shouldn’t have treated her like that. Not in front of Fury instead.

Once her music ended, the whole room went quiet but a screechy voice broke it quickly and of course it belonged to Fury. “SOARIN TELL HER SOMETHING!”

In the answer, all Soarin did was grinning idiotically as he started clapping his hands as hard and loud as he could. Quickly, others followed and started clapping their hands happily. And Fury who was literally living up her name, exited the room with a fit of ‘boo’s from Fleetfoot and Spitfire. This time, not only Rainbow defended her, but booed her along with others.

The day couldn’t go more wonderful than this. And no matter how much Fury was a jerk, nothing could stop Rainbow when she wanted to do something. Even if that thing was only being happy.


“I thought you’ll never come,” said Twilight.

“Sorry. Got stuck in the practice room. I had to work more because the band was out of plan,” replied Flash as he dropped himself on the bench that Twilight was sitting on.

As soon as Flash sat down, Twilight cleared her throat and started, “It’s okay. Now, to the important part. Well, we’re here to start the job. I think we have a rough task ahead. According to the books I read and researches I took last night, we first have to-”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why don’t you get the books away for once? I may have never been in a relationship but one of the few things I know about it is that theory won’t work here,” said Flash as he put Twilight’s books away.

“Wait a second, are you telling me that I have to put my books away? NO WAY!” said Twilight angrily.

“Calm down. I’m not gonna burn them or anything. All I’m saying is that instead of books, you have to use here,” he said kindly as he placed his hands over Twilight’s heart.

Twilight’s angry face turned to a surprised one and a big blush appeared on her face as she felt the touch. Flash smiled kindly at her and removed his hand slowly. ‘She looks cute when she blushes,’ he thought.

“But… I can’t get away from my books. It doesn’t make sense. There’s an explanation for everything in the books,” mumbled Twilight.

“Not for love. Only a true lover can describe love. Even so, you won’t understand love till you feel it yourself,” he said softly.

“How can you be sure?” she asked curiously.

“My heart tells me.”

“So does this mean that you’re in love?”

“What? No, sure it doesn’t. I know it because I love my family so much. The love I talked about earlier must be much stronger but it’s kinda like the powerful love you’re sharing with your family.”

“Like… like my love for my big brother!” she said excitedly.

He chuckled. “Yeah… kinda.”

“But… but if I don’t read at least one book a day, I’ll die,” said Twilight sadly.

“Come on, it’s not this bad. Just put all of your books away for a day. Just today. You’ll see that nothing will happen,” said Flash.

“But if I shouldn’t read today… what am I gonna do then?”

“There are a whole bunch of things you can do. Got to movies, take a ticket for a concert, play video games or do what all of the girls love, shopping!” he said happily.

“It’s been three years I haven’t gone to theater, I can’t go to concerts alone and I don’t know who to play video games. And for shopping, I don’t know where and what to buy,” said Twilight.

“Well, solution is easy. You can come to theater today with me then we can use my extra ticket for concert and then, we go shopping a little and after that we can go to a restaurant that has some video games inside. There, not only we can eat something, but also, you learn how to play video games too. How’s that?”

“Are you asking me to a date?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well…kinda,” said Flash.

“I’m in!” she replied happily.

“But instead of all of these, you have to promise me that you won’t read any other books till you come school tomorrow,” said Flash.

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!” she said as she did the silly motions.

Flash blinked. “Although I didn’t understand what did you do… but be ready at 5. Movie starts at 5:30.”

“I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M ACTUALLY DOING IT!” shouted Twilight happily.

“Yeah, I can’t believe I’m taking a girl to a date either,” muttered Flash but Twilight didn’t hear it cause she was busy jumping up and down happily. He smiled and laid back and decided to rest for few seconds.