• Published 5th Feb 2016
  • 3,083 Views, 197 Comments

I Don't Need a Love Potion to Love You - Night Flight



Have you ever thought that how a simple potion can change everyone's lives? If not, then here you go, and even if you had, still, HERE WE GO!

  • ...
9
 197
 3,083

4-Hearts & Hooves Week Begins!

“WHAT AM I GONNA DO NOW?” yelled Rainbow with frustration. “I can’t look at him anymore.”

“Darling, just go and talk to him. I’m sure nothing will happen,” answered Rarity.

“Anyways, it was your fault for asking him that question you know,” explained Sunset.

“You did realize you’re not helping right?” exclaimed Rainbow.

Sunset shrugged. “Yeah, so what?”

In the answer, Rainbow couldn’t do anything but roll her eyes. “Anyways, why are we standing here for like, five minutes?”

“If yer not thinkin’ about that boyfriend of yers, ah told ya a thousand times that we’re waitin’ for Twi ta come outta students’ council meetin’,” Applejack said to Rainbow with a smirk.

“HEY! I already told you that HE’S. ONLY. MY. FRIEND,” replied Rainbow angrily.

“Yeah, whatever,” muttered Applejack.

“One day you’re gonna get what I said AJ. Just wait,” said Rainbow.

“Does anyone need cupcakes?” asked Pinkie suddenly. She had a tray full of cupcakes while she was munching on one.

“Um… weren’t you here just a second ago?” asked Fluttershy.

“Uh-oh,” muttered Rarity under her breath.

Pinkie took a deep breath and started talking crazy, “Yeah, but then my stomach growled and I was like, ‘Aww, it must be hungry’ and I didn’t want to miss this super duper fun conversation so I ran fast to kitchen and brought this huge, yummy tray of cupcakes so my stomach could get something and listen to you girls and- OH HEY TWILIGHT!”

“Hey girls,” she answered with a smile. “Guess what? I have good news and bad news.”

“Ooh! Ooh! Guessing game! Guessing game!” said Pinkie excitedly.

“No Pinks. Not now. JUST SPIT IT OUT TWI!” said Rainbow quickly.

“Okay, okay, calm down. First, I’ll give you the bad news,” announced Twilight. “The first bad news is… that king and queen choosing of this year will be sooner. At the Hearts & Hooves celebration actually. This means, this years’ celebration isn’t only Hearts & Hooves celebration. IT’S KING AND QUEEN HEARTS & HOOVES CELEBRATION! Or as what I like to call it, K.A.Q.H.H. celebration. It does look a bit long but it’s much better than saying it fully.”

“But… but…” mumbled Rainbow. “How? I mean, I did expect it to be sooner this year but not THIS soon. Still, the good thing is that they hadn’t chose the king and queen yet.”

“Actually… as my second bad news I have to announce that since there’s only a week till the celebration students’ council chose the king and queen. That means that they’re chosen now,” announced Twilight. Suddenly she gasped and her sparkled like a light was turned on in her eyes. “GUESS WHO’S THE QUEEN?”

“Aren’t you suppose to keep it till the celebrations?” asked Fluttershy.

“Well, no. Council members have to tell the king and queen so they can prepare. Principal Celestia said that it’s because once a queen didn’t know how to slow dance and embarrassed herself in front of whole school.”

“So when you’re putting it that way, it means that queen is one of us. Right?” asked Sunset.

“Well, of course!”

“And since this year none of us signed in for the king and queen competition, then it can be only one person,” said Applejack. With this, everyone turned to Rainbow and stared at her.

“No way…” said Rainbow in disbelief.

“Yes way,” replied Twilight with a grin and an eager nod.

“YES!” she shouted as she jumped up and down excitedly. “I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! IT’S ALL BECAUSE I’M. SO. AWESOOOOOME!”

All of the girls chuckled and rolled their eyes as they watched their friend’s excitement.

Finally Rainbow ended jumping up and down and calmed down a bit but excitement was still written all over her face. “So who’s the king anyway?”

“Nononono. Don’t make me say it cause I won’t. King and queen won’t know their partners till the day of celebration,” said Twilight.

“But what if her partner turn out to be an ugly, freaky boy?” asked Rarity worriedly.

“First, Rarity his not gonna be your partner,” stated Twilight. “Second, don’t you worry he’s one of the most handsome boys here!” said Twilight with a wink. “However, we gotta get moving or we’ll miss the wonderful math class!” she said as she started walking before them. Behind her, her friends stuck their tongues out and made faces when they heard the word ‘math’.

It was sure gonna be a long hour for all of them…


“You sure you don’t have any problem with this?” Twilight asked the girl beside her.

“Yep, I’m sure,” answered the girl with blue hair.

“You sure you can do the music AND help me?” Sunset asked her.

“Yep, I’m sure,” Bluey answered again. “Yep, I’m sure.”

“But we didn’t ask you anything,” said Twilight as she tried to figure out the reason she said ‘yep, I’m sure’ twice.

She shrugged. “Just felt that it should be said another time,” she said in a serious tone. Sunset and Twilight chuckled mostly because of her serious tone. She too, smiled and giggled at her little joke.

“Do you exactly know what to do for choosing music?” asked Twilight.

“Of course I do. Why would I choose it if I couldn’t do it?”

“What about school works?”

“I heard that teachers won’t take it hard on the students who are a part of celebration planning.”

“Yeah, that’s true but… what about your friends?” asked Twilight.

“I… don’t have so much friends,” Bluey replied sadly.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” whispered Sunset.

Bluey quickly cheered up and smiled happily. “Don’t be. I have my dreams. They’re always with me,” she replied happily. Then she chuckled awkwardly as she discovered the weird looks that two other girls were giving her. “Heh, heh. Don’t ask.”

“I sure won’t…” answered Twilight. “So what are you and Sunset up to? Helping her? In what?”

“MAKING CHOCLATES!” shouted Bluey quickly.

“Yeah, making chocolates. For… um… Hearts & Hooves week! You know it has a lot of clients,” continued Sunset with a huge grin.

“Oooh! Really? Can I get one? I’ll pay for it later,” said Twilight.

“Yeah, sure you can get one. And no need for paying. Accept it as a gift,” said Sunset.

“Sooo, who’s the lucky guy?” asked Bluey with a wink.

“Wha... NO ONE!” Twilight answered quickly and with a light pink blush on her face.

“Oh come on! Isn’t it obvious?” stated Sunset with a smirk that only made Twilight’s blush redder.

“Twilight! Look ou-” said Bluey suddenly but it was too late since a big thud was heard and Twilight and another student fell to the floor. Her books were all over the floor, around her and she was rubbing her head right the place that was hit by the other students.

“Oh! My books!” exclaimed Twilight as she saw her books wide open at the floor.

“Bookworm,” mumbled Sunset with a roll of eyes.

Twilight started picking up the books that had been fallen to the floor just like what the other student did. She was about to pick her math book off the floor when a hand came toward it too and placed right above Twilight’s hand. Twilight flushed as she quickly recognized the hand that was touching her.

“Oh hey!” said the owner of voice happily.

Twilight raised her head and within a second she was lost in a pair of dark blue eyes. “Oh, hey Flash!” she said dreamily.

“Here are your books,” he said as he handed the books to its owner with a friendly smile. “Sorry for bumping into you.”

“What? Oh no. I’m the one that should apologize. Sorry.”

“By the way, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am. It was just a simple fall. Nothing else,” said Twilight with an awkward chuckle.

“Here. Let me help you,” exclaimed Flash as he extended his hand for her. She stared at it for a few seconds then she put her hand on his and he lifted her up carefully.

“Thanks,” whispered Twilight as she stared at Flash’s eyes with a smile.

“It was nothing,” he replied. “By the way, we REALLY gotta stop bumping into each other,” he said with a chuckle and then he started walking away.

“I think I clearly got who’s the guy,” said Bluey with a giggle.

“Ooooh God! I think it was the thousandth time I bumped into him,” said Twilight with a blush.

“Eleven,” said Sunset.

“Huh?”

“You bumped into him eleven times. With this time, it’ll be the twelve times you did. Well, twelve times in front of me. Who knows how much more the other times!” said Sunset.

Twilight covered her face and said, “Oh that’s bad. That’s bad. THAT’S REALLY, REALLY BAD!”

“C’mon. You just bumped into him like… a bumper car!” said Bluey.

“A… bumper car? WELL THAT’LL ONLY MAKE IT TEN TIMES WORSE THAN WHAT IT ALREADY IS!” screamed Twilight.

“Calm down girl. There’s nothing to be stressed about. I’m sure he shares the same feelings you have to him,” said Sunset as she tried to comfort her.

“After seeing his expression, I can say the same thing,” said Bluey.

“Really?” asked Twilight with a hopeful tone.

“Yeah, sure. But now Bluey and I should go. We have a lot more things to do. Right Blues?” said Sunset.

Bluey frowned. “Never call me that again. I hate it when people call me that. And in that case, yes. We do have a lot things to do.”

“It’s okay guys. I have things to do too. See you later,” said Twilight with a smile. Then she waved her hand at her friends and start walking to her locker.

Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day and Twilight and a lot more students were excited. From tomorrow till a whole week, students could have a lot of fun in the time of love. Because, anyways, tomorrow was none other than start of Hearts & Hooves week.

Author's Note:

From here on, I'll update daily.(But not tomorrow though. I have to wait till it's a full week before Valentine's week.) Each chapter belongs to a day and it'll continue till Valentine Day. At that day, I'll update the finale chapters.
Thanks for reading:twilightsmile: