• Published 20th Dec 2015
  • 9,044 Views, 39 Comments

Po-Gi-Oh - Mister Phoenix



Sweetie Belle; a young unicorn filly who doesn't really care about the new card game in Equestria. Duel Monsters, unlike her friends Scootaloo and Apple Bloom who want her to join in the fun.

  • ...
8
 39
 9,044

Shadow Rising

Music from behind a small stand filled the stores and alleys of Fillydelphia. The noise was loud and deafening, it echoed off the walls of the homes that belonged to the ponies who lived in the city. Not a moment sooner after the town's ponies arrived in front of the stage, two almost identical ponies jumped up and onto the wood platform, greeting the group that surrounded them with outstretched arms. They took a pose.

One of the yellow coated brothers that took the spotlight on the stage brought out a brown card from under his blue striped vest and presented it to the gathered ponies. The card's backside was decorated in swirls and the front held the image of a grimacing monster. He trotted to the edge of the stage before taking in a large breath.

"Hello every pony, and welcome-"

His brother approached from behind to join at his side "-to Flim and Flam's deck of cards stand!" The two brothers bellowed in unison.

"Yes, these duel monster cards are what we sell on Celestia's day today!"

"They are rarest and most powerful cards you can get!"

"Battle your friends!-"

"-Or your enemies!?"

"For a well played game of..."

The brothers; Flim and Flam, came to each other's side once more, their cheeks almost touching. "Duel Monsters!!!"

"And they are only twenty bits for ten cards!" Flam finished for his brother.

The ponies around the stage stared in awe, in an instant the gathered group start handing out their coin pouches and purses in their direction. The ponies screamed, hollered, shrieked, and yelled, trying their best to reach the brothers without incident to obtain their soon to become cards. From behind the crowd there were a pair of ponies wearing dark cloaks with hoods that covering their face. The pair looked at each other in disbelief, shocked at how the brothers managed to scam the ponies with ease. The cards the brothers sold were obviously fake and copied, some weren't even finished.

As the crowd died down, each and every pony left with their own deck of cards. The brother waved at the leaving crowd with a smirk. Flim and Flam disappeared from view as they walked to the back of the stage ready to count the coin they scammed off the locals. The dark ponies trotted around the back of the stage and followed the brothers. As the duo approached the back door, the taller pony raised his left forearm ready to strike the door. Before his hoof touched the wood surface, the door opened. Flim's head leaned out into the open world.

"Sorry but we are sold out! You two have to come back tomorrow," Said ponies motioned their hooves to the back of their coifs and removed their hoods.

Flim's eyes widened at the site before him. It was Knuckles and Amber.

"Sorry Flim,” Amber smirked. “But we're not here to buy. We're here to sell"

Flam's head peaked behind the door above Flim, he stared at the two with a smile. “Well in that case come right in!”

He opened the door and gestured for Amber and Knuckles to enter their carriage. They smiled and entered, Flam shut the door behind them and jumped over to his couch where he relaxed and counted the coin next to him. “So what you sellin'?”

"We know you want revenge on the Apple family?”

Flim slammed the coin back down on the table. “You know then…”

“Everypony knows Flim, your humiliation wasn't kept a secret!” Knuckles retorted.

"And we can help you with that, but you have to do something for us first" Knuckles said.

"And what is that?" Flam asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Destroy a filly known as Sweetie Belle, and when you do..." Amber gave both brothers black duel disks. “Use these…”

"If we beat this Sweetie Belle in a duel you will help us destroy the Apples?" Flim question, attaching one of the duel disks to his left forearm.

"In deed, do we have a deal?" Knuckles raised his brow, wondering if the two brothers would take their offer.

"Deal!" the brothers shouted in unison.

"So where is Sweetie Belle?"

"...Ponyville"


"You girls are going to buy a what?" Sweetie Belle question while the crusaders stood outside the card shop.

It took fifteen minutes of trying to just talk Sweetie Belle to join the two to the closed shop which doesn't open in another hour.

"A duel disk, it super cool too, you can have an awesome duels each and every time" Scootaloo said almost hopping making Sweetie Belle turn to Apple Bloom

"And you?" She question

"Ah like the game, ahem aloud to buy an duel disk" Apple Bloom said turning her head to not let the young unicorn look at her eyes.

Sweetie Belle let out a long sigh just when a stallion with a yellow coat and brown mane wearing big nerdy gasses as his cutie mark is trading cards.

"Hello Apple Bloom and Scootaloo" the stallion said

"Hi Card Trader this is our friend we told you before, Sweetie Belle" Scootaloo said pulling her friend next to her so Sweetie couldn't escape.

"Your the filly that defeated Blueblood, that awesome" Card Trader said just before opening his shop.

"Ya know why we here, do ya have them?" Apple Bloom question causing Card Trader to get three filly size duel disk from one of the shelves.

"Card Trader why do you have three?" Scootaloo asked

"Well this is a gift from me to you girls for being my friends and best customer and to Sweetie Belle for showing where Blueblood belongs" Card Trader said before giving each one they own duel disk. Causing two of the three crusaders to have huge smiles on their faces.

"Thanks Card Trader" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo said before leaving

"Thank you for this gift" Sweetie Belle said before she went to try and catch up with her friends.


A sound of panic running full Canterlot castle making Celestia eye the door just right when her former student and now princess of Friendship; Twilight Sparkle ran though them.

"I came as fast as I could once I got your letter!" Twilight said "Who return is it the Changelings?"

"No, an old friend known as Master Chase" Celestia said making Twilight shake her head

"Who's Master Chase?" Twilight wondered

"He's an immortal just like me, Discord and Luna. But he's different he was cursed" Celestia said

"Cursed?" Twilight repeated like a question

"I know not how he became one but his soul grew darker and darker the days went on until he became a dark pony just known as the Shadow Ponies"

"The Shadow Ponies?" Twilight repeated

"Twilight if you repeat every last word I say we are going to be here forever!" Celestia said making Twilight nodded

"Yes go ahead princess" Twilight said causing Celestia to let out a sigh.

"I thought he was gone forever but it seems like he waiting for the age of shadows to begin and only one pony can stop him" Celestia said just before Twilight cut in.

"Don't worry Princess Celestia I'll stop-"

"Not you. The one I need is Sweetie Belle" Celestia said causing Twilight to brake into a laugh "Do you find what I say to be funny?"

"No it just Sweetie Belle seems like the worst pony you could pick" Twilight stated

"Yes but she was the one chosen she needs to defeat Master Chase in the game duel monster and win to stop the age of shadows" Celestia said

"But how? Sweetie Belle doesn't even like this game she only had one duel, how can she defeat this Chase pony?" Twilight asked while Celestia got out her duel monster deck.

Celestia pull the top card and smiled "By giving her the Equestrian God, The Winged Dragon of Ra"

"Not just anypony can control an Equestrian God! They are too powerful, they won't even work unless you earn their trust by defeating them first!" Twilight said making Celestia let out a small laugh.

"So test her Twilight, if she wins the filly would be so much closer to defeating Master Chase. I'll give her my Equestian God to her to use in battle so it an even fight"

"Fine by me Princess Celestia I won in many battles before with my deck and my friends by my side I will give Sweetie Belle one heck of a test!" Twilight said with a determined look

"Good my old student, rest up here we will depart tomorrow in the morning" Celestia said causing the young alicorn to nodded and walk away from the sun princess.

"I hope you don't try anything, Chase" Celestia whispered


Master Chase closed his eyes with a slow and evil smile form on his lips, opening one eye.

"To late for that, Celestia" Master Chase said to nothing "Soon Amber and Knuckles will destroy that filly and the age of Shadows will begin once again."

"Master" Amber said after both her and Knuckles rise from the shadows.

"Where's Flim and Flam?" Master Chase question not even looking at the two.

"The two already got they shadow duel disk and deck" Knuckles confined causing Master Chase let out a small laugh.

"Yes, soon Sweetie Belle will fall and join the wall of lost souls. Then I'll begin step two of creating my age" Master Chase said turning to face the two hechponies

"Watch the duel, tell me if I'll get what I want" he said before waving his hoof sending Amber and Knuckles to do they jobs.


Sweetie Belle walked on home with her duel disk still in the box trying to ignore the ponies who wanted to duel her.

"My brother, it seems like we found what we are looking for" Flim said standing in front of the young unicorn, blocking her from walking.

"It seems so Flim, we challenge you to a duel" Flam said causing Sweetie Belle to take a step back.

"But that unfair! There's two of you and only one of me, how would it work?" Sweetie Belle question just before Apple Bloom looked at the scene

"Well that easy first I'll go then Flam and then you" Flim said

"Wait that unfair you guys get two rounds per turn while I only get one! Only an idiot would say yes to that!" Sweetie Belle cried out just before Apple Bloom walked next to her

"Ya right, not unless it an double battle duel me an' Sweetie against ya two, what ya say?" Apple Bloom question

"We say you have yourself a duel" Flam said making Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom put on they duel disk on they left for Sweetie Belle and right for Apple Bloom front leg.

While both of the Flim Flam brothers put on a dark looking duel disk with Amber and Knuckles watching from the cliff side. Once the two turn the duel disks on a green light covered the field, creating a circle before disappearing.

"That was obvious. But I'm sure it nothing" Sweetie Belle said

"Let duel!" The four cried at once.

Sweetie Belle: 4000

Apple Bloom: 4000

Flim: 4000

Flam: 4000

"Ladies first" Sweetie Belle said before she draw her next card. "I active my Gold Sarcophagus to get one card from my deck and place it in there for two turns until it comes to my hoof."

'This again? Does she really want her Dark Magician that badly?' Apple Bloom thought to herself while Sweetie Belle continued her move.
"Next I'll place two cards face down and one in face down, defense mode" Sweetie finished

"My turn and I'll place one card face down and summon my Beaver Warrior in attack mode" Flim said making a small purple fur beaver wearing blue armor and holding a small sword and shield with 1200 attack points.

"Ma turn and ah summon ma Achacha Archer in attack mode and when he gets summon or flip ya both lose 500 life points" Apple Bloom said making an archer appear and grabbing two arrows that he shoot to the Flim Flam brothers.

Flim: 4000 - 3500

Flam: 4000 - 3500

"Ah then place two cards face down an' end ma turn"

"Finally my turn and I summon my Enraged Battle Ox in attack mode" Flam said making a large ox wearing red and gold armor with brown fur holding an axe with 1700 attack points.

"My turn and I sacrifice my Pony Eater Bug which in turn destroys your Ox" Sweetie said causing both her and Flam monsters to disappear "To summon my Summoned Skull in attack mode!"

"Glad to fight by your side once more" The Summoned Skull said which only Sweetie Belle heard

"Destroy Flim Beaver Warrior" Sweetie Belle ordered making The Summoned Skull shoot lighting at the monster on Flim field.

Flim: 3500 - 2200

"My turn and I summon my Coach Goblin in defense mode and end my turn" Flim said making an old looking man appear on the field with an walking stick with 1500 defense points.

"Ma turn ah summon ma Worm Barses in attack mode" Apple Bloom said "Now Worm Barses attack Flam"

Flam: 3500 - 2100

"Ah place one card face down an' then end ma turn" Apple Bloom finished

"My turn and place one monster face down in defense" Flam said

The Gold box disappear with Sweetie Belle gaining the card "I active my new card my magic card called Blessing Soft The Nile" Sweetie said making a large long river appear behind Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. "I end my turn"

"I sacrifice my two monsters to summon my Gaia The Fierce Knight" a knight riding a purple horse with a blonde mane "Attack Apple Bloom Achacha Archer"

Apple Bloom: 4000 - 2900 - 3900

"Well thanks to my magic card every time me or Apple Bloom lose a monster whomever lost the monster gain one thousand life points" Sweetie Belle said making Apple Bloom smile.

"Thanks Sweetie"

"Your welcome" Sweetie returned

"Ma turn an' ah ma magic card Blustering Winds to raise ma Worm Barses attack by one thousand attack points" Apple Bloom said making lighting shot her monster making it go up to 2400. "Destroy Gaia"

Flim: 2200 - 2100

"I place another monster in face down defense mode" Flam said

"My turn and I place my Hayabusa Knight in face up defense mode" Sweetie said just before a bird like creature with a long sword in a pose being on one knee with his arm crossed.

"Thank you, I will not fail you" Hayabusa Knight said.

"I summon Flying Kamakiri number two and place Megamorph to double it attack points" Flim said makimg the giant bug attack go from 1500 to 2500. "Destroy Apple Bloom monster"

The giant bug cut the Worm in two making Apple Bloom life points decrease.

Apple Bloom: 3900 - 2800 - 3800

"Ma turn now ya slimeballs, ah place one monster in face down defense mode"

"I place one card face down and end my turn" Flam said making Sweetie Belle draw gaining a smile.

"Hey Apple Bloom you mind if I borrow your monster?" Sweetie Belle asked

"Like we share one? Sure" Apple Bloom said

"I sacrifice my Hayabusa Knight and Apple Bloom's face down monster to summon The Dark Magician in attack mode!" Sweetie Belle said

"An' ma card was Penguin Soldier ya monsters to ya hoof and getting rid of that magic card" Apple Bloom said

"Hello, lady Sweetie Belle, I will show these two low lives the meaning of true power" The Dark Magician said making Sweetie Belle nodded.
"Now Summon Skull destroy Flam face down card" the young unicorn said

"Now that we share the Dark Magician we each get to attack ya, now Dark Magician attack Flim and Flam" Apple Bloom said

"Dark magic attack" the girls said together causing each brother to life points to go to zero.

Flim and Flam fell to the cold hard ground with Amber and Knuckles appearing behind the pair of brothers

"What did ya two do?" Apple Bloom asked

"Oh nothing it was they own doing they made a deal with our boss and for that they lost their souls" Amber stated "I'm Amber by the way"

"You took they souls?" Sweetie Belle said in shock "But what does your boss want?"

"That cannot be told to you. Master Chase is waiting and watching for you young Sweetie Belle. I wouldn't want to let him down" Knuckles said before the pair disappeared in the shadows.

"We gotta call the hospital!" Apple Bloom said.

Author's Note:

I don't normally ask this but can you guys and girls comment on this chapter I don't care if you like the story, dislike it, or just reading it because there's nothing else to read. Just say what you like about the story because one of my newest stories took me out of writing again so I'm taking an week break so that's why this story is on hiatus because I'm not going to write until my next Tuesday. But do post what you like about the story or a fear that this story with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle and Seven Days III will get cancelled and I won't be writing on this site anymore. I'm not joking here so just once I'm asking for just an comment on what you like thank you and have an fantastic day or lovely night and take care.

P.S: Please if you spot any errors; that means my two nights of no sleep didn't do anything.