• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 2,168 Views, 35 Comments

My Little Pony: Legends of Equestria - GundamBrony



When two boys enter the virtual reality of an online game and trapped by a mysterious force along with other players, a new adventure begins.....

  • ...
13
 35
 2,168

Chapter 5 - Magic Training

"Before we head back to Ponyville, I want a quick stop to Canterlot Carousel Boutique." Rarity said, "I want to see how Sassy Saddles is doing."

All of us nodded as we follow her behind with the others, a pop screen appeared in front of our face.

NEW QUEST

HEAD TO CANTERLOT CAROUSEL

DO YOU WANT TO ACCEPT THE QUEST YES/NO?

We pressed yes on the screen as the screen disappeared as Spike glanced at us curiously.

"What?" I asked.

"Uh, what are you guys doing?" Spike asked as I scratched his head trying to come up with an answer.

"Just imagine something in our mind," I said with a nervous smile as the young drake gave a weird look but shrugged.

As we continue walking towards the street of Canterlot, more attention from other ponies glance at me being the first alicorn prince and Golden's lack of cutie mark. Normally being attention is one thing but for ponies or people comment something is another. We continue ignoring them until we stop at the building with a sign said 'Canterlot Carousel Boutique'. From our view, the elegant designs with a feel of high class yet friendly vibe in it. From the windows, ponyquins dress with unique designs was displayed as Rarity opened the door to the others follow behind her along with us too, a familiar voice was heard.

"Welcome to the Canterlot Carousel Boutique!" a pony called out as we turned to the cashier, a tall and thin light blue pony with orange mane walk up to them. By our guess, this is Sassy Saddles, the manager of the couture Boutique of Canterlot Carousel.

"Hello, Sassy." Rarity greeted before giving a brief, friendly hug "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"A few months if I had to say." Sassy said, "And welcome, Princess Twilight Sparkle."

"Hello, Miss Saddles." Twilight gave a friendly hug too as Sassy turned and widened her eyes upon seeing me with a pink blush.

"Oh, my, who is this handsome stallion?" she walks up towards me as I looked at her surprised.

"This is Shining Hazel, an alicorn prince and the red pegasus is his friend Golden Flare." Rarity introduced.

"Shining Hazel, my what a lovely name." Sassy twirled her mane embarrassment as I glanced at my friends before return my attention to her.

"Thank you, Miss Saddles." I politely said as she giggled at my proper manner.

"And very well mannered!" Sassy turned to Rarity "How is that you able to pick up a stallion prince like that Rarity?"

Rarity's faced turned beet red upon what she meant while Golden and I were clueless while the Mane 7 giggled at this, unknown that Twilight hold a furrowed expression "Sassy, that's no way to say something like that! Besides, we only just met a few days!"

"She's right, we're just good friends," I speak up.

"Oh, that's a shame." Sassy said before turned to me "Well, it's nice to meet you, Shining Hazel."

We both gave a welcoming hoofshake "It's nice to meet you too."

"And the same to your friend too." she also gave Golden a hoofshake too which both accepted.

"Now we got the introduction out of the way, I see that you got some new ideas for some new clothes?" Rarity asked as Sassy nodded.

"I took the time to find some new ideas along with some inspiration." she showed some of her new clothes, each was designed based on the Crystal Empire. "However, I do encounter some 'inspiration block' on the other few. I was wondering if......"

"Say no more, I dealt with this problem, and I surely going to help you since I got free time on the weekend." Rarity said.

"Oh thank you, Rarity."

"Let us help you on it." I said as she turned to us "We don't know much of clothing but we do want to help you in any way we can to get your creativeness flowing."

"Oh you two thanks, but tomorrow is your magic training with Twilight and Starlight, Shining Hazel." Rarity said "And for Golden, I'm certain that Pinkie would need some help too. But when you get a chance, I'll let you know."

We both nodded as we checked the clock and outside from the window, the sun setting down, we exited out of the Canterlot Boutique and headed to the train station. After a few hours from Canterlot to Ponyville, all of us headed to their respective homes with Golden following Pinkie but not when Applejack told us that she'll let us know when we can get back to work since she wants to check her farm to see there's no damage from The Void.

As I followed Twilight, Spike, and Starlight to their castle, my mind still can't get over of one thing: my parents and my friends. I wish I can tell them that I'm all right and that I'm trapped in the game, but with no such communication from the real world, it would be impossible. And I know that most of the players missed their families and friends too. I just hope that Golden and I find a way to stop The Void and free all of the players. And Yet, Discord's riddles bother me so much since he actually know us.

'In order to face the truth, the one that binds you will unbound you upon understanding.'

Just what that riddle means? What did he mean by that? Is there something is binding me? Is he meant something is holding me back or what?

"Shining Hazel?" Starlight's voice snapped out of my deep thought as I glance at her, Twilight and Spike.

"Is there something in your mind?" Twilight asked as I shook my head.

"It's nothing, just tired from all this," I said as both nodded as I continue to follow the interior of the castle until we stop at the guest room.

"Well, here's where you'll be sleeping." Twilight open the door as it was like other guest rooms you see in houses only with more decorated majesty design on it.

"It's not much but it'll do so we can start doing magic training."

"Thanks, Twilight, Starlight, and Spike." I thanked them as I bow my head which both mares giggled while Spike rolled his eyes.

"I wish I can repay you three back for this."

"No need, Shining Hazel, we just did because you're our friend," Twilight said as my mouth was frozen, preventing from speaking. I nodded as I thank them again before they head back to their respective rooms.

I laid on the bed as I place my hooves on my chest while staring at the ceiling. As my train of thoughts continues coursing, my memories brought up something, that even I fear if I don't return back home. Mom. Papa. Charmaine. Auntie Angie. Uncle Darius. Marc. Lana. My families, waiting in the hospital with my soulless body, waiting for me to wake up. If anything, I want to see them. I want to return to them, to return home.

As my eyes fell into a slumber, fresh tears dripping on my face.


I heard a rooster's noise yet that didn't wake me as I turned on the left, only for the morning's sun to rise up. The warmth glare continues to beg me to wake up as I slowly open my eyes. I glance at the window as I fixed up the bed then glancing at the view of Ponyville. Seeing the calm yet peaceful village made my worries blown away for now. Even from far out view, I can see ponies begin to come out of their homes and begin to do their daily life, from finding a place to work to earn bits, buying a new house, or getting food from the market, regardless of what happened before. Yet, some wants to complete this game so badly that they form Parties, Guilds, or Army to train hard in order to face the Void.

In Legends of Equestria, you form your own 'Parties' or 'Guilds' to advance to the next quest across Equestria. The only difference is that in Parties, you only need few people around 5 or 10 while for Guilds, you require having 20 or more. There's also a third form of multiplayer called 'Army' in which 50 people is the requirement but only when you reach level 50. The same for the Guilds for level 30, so the Parties are free, a beginning multiplayer. Each of the quests requires a certain type of multiplayer to advance through along with a level too. So far, there was the Blitz Wanders, a level 30 Guild
also known for their 'lone wolves' personality, meaning that they mostly do it without any alliance , the Phantoms, a mysterious Parties that scouting across Equestria, and Divergent Knights, an Army with the highest players with the goal of finding The Void and destroy it. There's also a feature that if either two Parties, Guilds, or Army met, you can create an Alliance. An Alliance is a joined group with one objective they shared on the quest. Like all multiplayer, when joined, your items will be shared by other players so as long as they agree on using wisely.

A knock was heard as I turned and saw Starlight Glimmer coming in.

"Good morning, Shining Hazel."

"Morning Starlight."

"Glad to see you awake early." Starlight said.

"I know to wake up very early. Consider that my parents taught me as a foal."

She nodded "Anyway, Spike is making breakfast so he asked me to come to wake up you up."

"Seems like I making your job easier." I chuckled "All right, we should get going."

We both headed out of the guest bedroom and walk towards the hallway to the kitchen.


At first, while we're walking down the hallways, we did get lost a bit, mostly ended up with one room over another. Even at one room, cleaning supplies topple down on me which I frown while Starlight giggled. Eventually, we made to the kitchen as I dusted off the dirt.

"Seriously, when we get a map around this place?" I asked. 'It's like a maze in here."

"I asking Twilight for that too, which she promise she'll make one when she gets the chance but with all the things happen, she didn't get the time for it."

I sighed as I open the door, Spike is cooking up some pancakes as he placed another plate on the table.

He turned around and smile "Good morning, Starlight and Shining Hazel."

"Morning Spike."

"Good morning."

"I got the breakfast all set, consider that we're going to be very busy for today. " Spike untied his apron and set it on the side before sitting down on his table. I look around and notice somepony is missing.

"Where's Twilight?"

"She's getting herself ready." Spike replied, "She should be there in a few minute."

I nodded as I took my seat next to him and Starlight to her's. The door open as Twilight came in with some scrolls on her saddlebags.

"Good morning Twilight."

"Morning Spike, Starlight, and Shining Hazel."

She set her saddlebags down and sat down with Starlight and me.

"Sorry I'm late, I just need to gather some of the spells so I can get ready for Shining Hazel's magic training." she said.

"Consider that amount of scrolls in your bag," I pointed to the piles of scrolls filled in the saddlebag "I'd say that you've been busy."

Twilight scratched her mane as we start eating our meals. While Twilight and Starlight able to use magic to grip the fork and Spike using his claw to hold it, I tried to use my magic to grab it. A light bluish magic aura surrounding it but as I tried to focus on holding on to it, it drops down on the table. I tried again but failed. And again. And again. And again. But all my attempts were the same as I groaned in frustration of my failed attempts as I place my head on the table.

Twilight notice this and asked, "Shining Hazel, you okay?"

"Well, besides that my magic sucks at grabbing things and can't do other things that most unicorns can, I don't know....." I sighed. I just don't get it. Most unicorn players able to master their magic at ease so how come I can't do the same?

"Using magic isn't easy, Shining Hazel. It requires lots of focus from the horn. Most unicorns have trouble with it at their foal age, but they able to do it with lots of practice."

"I guess......." I muttered.

"Look don't stress about it. We're going to help you and see what went wrong it so we can help you." Twilight said as I look up to her and her gentle eyes ease up my worries as I sighed but hold a small smile.

"All right." I raise my head up "Thanks."

She gave a cute grin which I chuckled at it. Once she got to her seat, I decide to eat the same way that Twilight's friends did in Castle Sweet Castle. After finish our meals, we go outside as Twilight pulled one of the scrolls while placing a rock on the ground.

"Okay, first of, to use telekinesis, the user need to focus on the object that they want to hold and concentrate. See if you can lift the rock to the other side." Twilight reading it and I gave a nod and point my horn to it. A light bluish aura took hold of the rock as I focus on grasping it like my hand grasp on it. At first, it works, but the aura dissipate and the rock falls down.

"Okay it's getting good but I see that you're focusing too soft on it." Twilight writing notes on a scroll "Try to give it a push."

I nodded as I tried again, my telekinesis begins lifting the rock again but as I grunted hard, it shot up into the sky and fall to the ground with a big 'Thud'.

"Okay, that's a bit too much."

Every tries I did, my telekinesis failed one by one as I was discouraged by this. Yet Twilight, Spike, and Starlight didn't give up on me. I don't know why my magic isn't working but Twilight guessed that my minds are troubled with things that disconnect my magic. At first, I thought it was the LOE event but as I dig deeper, it could be something personal.

On the tenth try, Twilight and Starlight told me to connect my mind with my magic, I close my eyes, empty my troubled mind as I open my eyes I lower my horn and my magic levitates the rock. I took a deep breath as my mind linked with my magic as I able to levitate to the other side.

Twilight, Starlight, and Spike clap their hooves/claws as I widened my eyes upon my accomplishment.

"Great, Shining Hazel!"

"There you go!"

"Nice job!"

I gave a small smile at them as I felt a spark of joy in my heart. I did it. I able to use magic now! But as while I cheered, my magic still hold the rock, shot up into the sky as land on the ground. All of us glanced at it as I rubbed my head sheepishly. Guess I forgot to let go.

"Oops...."


As I continue to practice my magic, it has been greatly improved well as Twilight taught me other spells. From teleportation spell (which Twilight state that using it the first time cause the user to get dizzy and I learned it the hard way upon using it), a magical shield, magic bolt spell, and magical blind flash spells, I able to passed them like flying colors with ease even though the others were difficult on the first try. As I finished with the last spell, a freeze spell, I able to passed it in quick succession upon freezing a couple of moving targets spells that Twilight and Starlight conjured.

Once the targets dissipate, Twilight came to my side "Well, I think that's should be enough for today."

"I still can't believe you able to master those spells in quick succession." Starlight said, "Nopony can do that fast not even me and Twilight since it will take years to do it."

"To be honest, me either. " I agreed with her "I ain't how I able to do it so fast."

"Well, whatever the case, you able to relearn them and that's good enough," Spike said as we all nodded then we notice the sun is going down.

"We better head back to the castle. I better go make dinner for all of us."

All of us nodded as we headed back inside the castle. Upon inside, my mind was thinking about this. How I able to learn magic so quickly? Magic isn't a walk in the park thing, it requires months or even years of studied of it. Could it because of the VR GEAR's memory storage?

My mind returns to the reality upon entering the kitchen while Twilight wants to put her stuff away in the library as Spike got his robe on.

"Spike, any idea what we're making for dinner?"

"Let's see....." Spike open the fridge and see what's inside then glance at me "I can try make spaghetti and carrot balls."

"In that case, I'll handle the spaghetti." I said, "You make the carrot balls."

"You sure?" he asked and I nodded.

"I know how to cook." I gather the ingredients in the fridge "I often cook with my family so I know a few things around the kitchen."

The young drake smiled as he gathers the ingredients for it as I placed a pot on it and begin turning on the stove.


Twilight's POV

I placed my saddlebags down as I look at my notes on Shining Hazel's progress. From every spell I taught him, he able to master it in quick succession, something that no ordinary unicorns or alicorns able to do.

"Hey, Twilight, you okay?" Starlight asked as I glanced at her.

"Yeah, just review of Shining Hazel's progress." I said, "I just don't know what do think."

"What do you mean?"

"For him to master the spells so fast, I just can't help that there's something about him that I can't put my hoof into it."

"You do realize that he relearn the spells so maybe a jog in his memory helped him master it." Starlight said.

I sighed and glance at her "You're right, I guess I was overthinking."

"C'mon, we better head to the kitchen." Starlight said as I place my scroll on the table and headed out. Upon walking, my mind occupied upon everything happening. First new ponies 'appeared' in Ponyville and maybe other places in Equestria, then an ancient darkness was freed from its thousand years of slumber and done something terrible to the new ponies, and now, Shining Hazel's quick succession of learning magic even Starlight think he's relearning them.

Starlight glanced at her, knowing her teacher is thinking about asked.

"By the way, how did you slept?" she asked

"It was great, I never knew how I felt better last night," I replied.

Starlight gave a sly smirk "Is it because of Shining Hazel staying with you under your roof even though you met him two days ago?"

"No, it's not that. I mean, it was nice for Princess Celestia to appoint him living with me, even though I want him to stay with me-" my eyes widened upon what my student meant as I have blushed madly to that of Applejack's cutie mark "Starlight! Wh-what, why would you-?! No, it's not like that! What I mean is I was happy to have him- no, I mean-!"

"C'mon, even from Rarity's intuition, I can see that you like him." Starlight teased.

"Of course I do, he's my friend!"

"Suuuuuurre." my student teased as I glared with a mad blush.

"Look, Shining Hazel is my friend! Nothing more!" I huffed while Starlight chuckled.

"If you say soo......."

As we made to the kitchen, I see Spike making the carrot balls while Shining Hazel cooking the tomatoes sauce and boiling the pasta. Upon glancing at him, I felt something fluttering in my stomach. The childlike yet cute smile, the black yet silky mane, the hazelnut scent that I starting to be fond of it, and the black eyes, lively and gentleness yet firm and spirited that whenever I glance at it, I felt warmth around him and even his muscle is nowhere near to the stallions I was seen, it was enough for me to see them flex when moving around.

I snapped out upon seeing my student gave a sly smirk as I look away while hiding my blush.

"Don't even think about it." I growled.

Upon looking back, Shining Hazel gave a smile at us "Hey girls, dinner is almost ready."

"We got the plates already set up. We'll meet you at the kitchen table" Spike got the carrot balls out of the oven

After 2 minutes, Shining Hazel and Spike got the meals ready as Shining Hazel placed the meal on the table. Upon all of us took our seating, we all got our plates and starting eating.

"Wow, Spike! This is a great pasta!" Starlight said while taking another bite.

"Thanks, but it was Shining Hazel who helped me cook the pasta," Spike said as we looked at him.

"Aw, it was nothing. I just know how to cook." he said, "I often help my parents cook the meals."

"Whatever the case, it's very good!" I said as I wiped my face on a napkin.

Shining Hazel wiped his face on a napkin "So Twilight, I meaning to ask you. Is there any books about an alicorn prince?"

"No, for what I read, the only mare were depicted as princess when ascend yet there's no history record about a stallion ascending into princehood."

"Yeah, I meaning to ask you, how did you become an alicorn?" Spike asked.

"To be honest I don't know." Shining Hazel replied, "But it's possible that I was born with it."

"But isn't alicorn's wings supposed to be earned from some great princess' or princes' task?" Starlight asked as he nodded.

"It should be, but I don't know why not even my parents knew."

Strange. It doesn't make sense. Why would Shining Hazel's parents be the only one who gave birth to him as an alicorn? From his eyes, I saw some thought that's trying to figure out. Maybe there's something about him that he's not telling yet he might not understand too.

"It's okay, maybe there are some things that we don't understand ourselves." I gave a reassuring smile as he smiles back.

"Thanks, Twilight."

Once again I was caught upon gazing his eyes as another funny feeling flutter my stomach until Spike coughed getting us attention as we look away, feeling my face heating up.

After finished dinner, Shining Hazel and Spike got the dishes all washed up and place in the dishwasher. We all took a clean shower as got my sleeping hat and went to bed with Spike laid on his. As I glance at the window ceiling, Starlight's words kept echoing my mind.

"I think that you like him."

No, no, no! We just only met two days ago and now I'm starting to have those feelings with him?! Isn't it longer for those feelings to even starting up? I thought on it as I sighed. Guess some good night rest will help clear my mind for today as I pulled my blanket and laid my head on my pillow to rest.

QUEST COMPLETE!

HEAD TO CANTERLOT CAROUSEL

EXP - 4,000
BITS - 1,000

LEVEL UP!

SHINING HAZEL :

LV: 20

ATK - 655+10
DEF- 655+10
SPEED - 505+10
AGILITY - 605+10
MAGIC - 755+10

SKILLS UNLOCKED - TELEPORTATION, TELEKINESIS, MAGIC BOLT, MAGIC SHIELD, BLIND FLASH, FREEZAGA

GOLDEN FLARE :

LV: 18

ATK - 655+10
DEF- 505 +10
SPEED - 605+10
AGILITY - 755+10
MAGIC - 305+10

Ending- Unfinished (From Accel World)

Author's Note:

So Shining Hazel stayed with Twilight, Starlight Glimmer, and Spike on the Castle of Friendship , new information about multiplayer mode and types of teams, as well as Shining Hazel's unexpected progress of magic began to improve in quick succession as well as Twilight begin to harbor feelings for him. It's going to focus on Shining Hazel's side and the next chapter going to focus on Golden Flare's side.