• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 2,351 Views, 163 Comments

Why Humans should never be allowed in Equestria - Rainbow_Dashtruction



A comedy story of two teens entering Equestria

  • ...
35
 163
 2,351

Just One Last Thing to do (Epilogue)

The world was quiet, save for the trotting of the ponies pulling the carriage, James could not believe he had managed to walk on that fateful day three months ago, when he had lost everything. He had been staying with spike since then, nothing much changing, but Luna, now the ruler of Equestria, had been busy, mostly rebuilding things, ordering the clean-up of Ponyville, getting rid of the liquid rainbow. Canterlot had not been rebuilt however, thanks to Scott’s sacrifice, there had not been much left afterwards. This was painfully obvious as Spike and James’s carriage was pulled up the hill, showing where the entrance to Canterlot once stood.


“Why bother bringing me here, you already know what happened” said James.

“I may know what happened, but not from your point of view” replied Luna.

“Well if I am going to tell you a story, I’ll make myself more comfortable” the guard pressing the crossbow against James’s back was knocked down as James spined around and grabbed the crossbow out of the guards hoofs, before pulling the crossbow back down against the guards temple, knocking him out instantly. Luna gave a gasp of surprise and prepared to cast a combat spell when she found the crossbow pointed at her face at point blank range.

“I came here in peace, but do NOT fuck with me with things like that” said James angrily, lowering the crossbow, “Now if everything is alright, let me tell you a story…”


The human and the dragon left the carriage, and looked towards the graveyard. In memory of the event, Luna had built a special graveyard, in honour of the heroes of Equestria, it was currently quite empty, and only seven gravestones were actually present. Each one had a detailed stone sculpture of the dead hero, each one holding an empty coffin deep below the ground, except for Rainbow Dash’s grave, the only of the Mane six that had been recovered.
As James stepped through the gates of the graveyard, he felt the sudden change in temperature from the winter breeze he had been feeling before. Luna had cast a spell over the graveyard to prevent the graveyards from wearing out, and this required changing the weather around the graveyard.


“That…was quite a story”

“It is all true, that is how it happened”

“It fits into what I know, and the information it introduced…I can’t help but believe”

“What information is this?”

“Well this is the first I have heard that blowing up Cloudsdale and starting everything was an accident, no one had made it out of the factory you see, except Spike, but he was too traumatized to speak to”

“Well if it’s all good, then I guess I will be going”

“Wait, before you go, I wanted to tell you something”

“What”

“You are pardoned for your crimes, usually if someone has done something horrible by accident, I would still punish them, but with a lesser sentence. But you not only started this by accident, you sacrificed your entire life, as did your friend a little more literally, to save us, and for that, we must thank you”

James turned from the door as he was about to leave, showing the sadness on his face, “Ok”


James walked along the graveyard, looking at all the stones and sculptures. When he reached Rainbow Dash’s grave, he turned his head away, he couldn’t bear to see her again. He had not gone to the funeral for everyone here, he couldn’t bear to look on past memories again so soon, and he felt that he would remember them in his own way.

He walked over the Scott’s grave, the only one that had not gotten a sculpture, this wasn’t because he was less cared about, the entire of Equestria had him to thank for their lives, it was because no one knew him, there was no reference material either to sculpt off. A short inscription had been written on his gravestone.

We did not know him.

We will never know him.

But he still saved us.

And for that, we shall remember him.

Spike walked up behind James, having spent enough time at Twilights grave.

“We should go” said Spike, putting his hand to James’s shoulder. James remained on his knees.

“Just one more moment Spike” James looked up as light started to pierce the overcast sky above him.


“Just one more moment”

(I was inspired to write this version by the end song to bastion, click here to listen to it, it makes a great ending song. Here is the URL if the link fucks up again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm6yfyPI9cg )