• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 3,366 Views, 76 Comments

Broken - Sunsetsparkle129



Rainbow Dash gets badly injured during an activity at the academy,apparently so bad that she needs to be supervised for 1 month, her friends being out of the question Rainbow Dash searches for another solution

  • ...
9
 76
 3,366

Chapter 1:The Fall

Today was a big day; I was going to participate in the final obstacle that would determine if I moved on to the next level of the academy. You know what the best part was? I was ready! I had prepared myself for anything! I felt like I could past this obstacle with ease. I mean, it was just the second level at the academy, so nothing really should stop me, but it did. The one thing that stood in my way was this…

It was another sunny day at the academy, but it was still special. All the cadets had to pass some kind of obstacle in order to move onto the next level of the academy. This was a very important day for the cadets. Too bad it turned out to be something else.

"I'm telling you, Fleet! There is no way this was intentional!" said Soarin. He was walking inside a hall of the academy, making his way to the training field where the cadets were supposed to be taking their test.

"For the last time, Soarin! It was!" Fleetfoot, who was walking and making her way to the field herself, said to him. They were having a little argument about the test.

"There is no way that Spitfire would give a level 3 test to the cadets that are in level 2 on purpose!" He shot at her.

"I can't believe it either, but it's true.." she said to him. Soarin rolled his eyes, still not believing her.

"What's all this commotion about?!" yelled a voice behind them. They both turned around and saw Spitfire standing behind them, wearing an unamused look on her face.
"Finally! Will you please tell Fleetfoot that you did not arrange a level 3 test for the level 2 cadets on purpose!" Soarin said.

"She did..." Fleetfoot rolled her eyes while murmuring to herself. Spitfire closed her eyes.

"As a matter of fact, I did," she said as she calmly passed by him.

"Ha! I told yo-wait WHAT?!" Soarin exclaimed in disbelief, "Are you crazy?" He started getting in her face as she remained calm.

"No, I'm not" she clarified. Soarin got out of her face but the look of disbelief didn't leave his.

"Then why-" he began but was cut by Spitfire.

"Because these are the best cadets I have seen so far, and I am confident that they can past the level 3 test," she said.

"But they aren't! Level 3 tests require teamwork, which means all of the cadets working together, and level 2 doesn't have that. They only work in pairs during that level; there is no way that they can pass this!" he said, slightly angry.

"We'll see then," she said walking outside to the training field. "Oh...and if I'm wrong, feel free to look over my Wonderbolt status," she said before walking out for good this time. Soarin looked straight at Spitfire as she left while Fleetfoot stood by his side.

"Yeah, we’re doomed."


Broken
By Soarindash959

Ch1:The Fall


"OKAY, LISTEN UP!" called out Spitfire, now wearing her academy uniform. The cadets were all lined up one behind the other wearing their own uniforms. "You see that piece of land over there?" Spitfire asked the cadets while pointing to a small piece of land near the Academy. "There you will find a loose tornado, on my mark, you will fly over there and try to gain control of it. If you get blown out you fail, if you stay until the end you pass. Any questions? No? GOOD," she said, not giving them a chance to ask before blowing her whistle to signal the first cadet to take off, and she continued to do so for every cadet. "Come on, come on! You should have this done in 7 minutes!" she said to them.

"Expect falling cadets in 3," Soarin said wile pouting in annoyance.
"Soarin!" Fleetfoot yelled to him.

"What? You didn't expect me to be positive about this, did you?!" He replied in a rather unpleasant manner.

"You on a regular basis with a non-crazy Spitfire, yes. You on a regular basis with a crazy Spitfire, no." She answered.
He simply flattened his brow and sighed deeply.

"I just hope they won't get hurt too badly."

Meanwhile the number of cadets in line was getting shorter and shorter, as the cadets were almost all taken off and flying towards the tornado. Down at the very end of the line stood the last 4 cadets.

"Good luck, Rainbow Dash." A cadet wished the rainbow mane-colored pegasus.

"Thanks, not that I need it. But I appreciate the thought."she said just before Spitfire blew her whistle, signaling her to take off.

And so she did. She took off with a confident smile as she reached great speeds, leaving a rainbow trail behind as she flew towards the tornado. It didn't take long for her to find the tornado and when she did, she jumped right in it. She began taking control of the tornado but found it more challenging than expected. However, that wasn't enough to bring her down, but it sure was for the others. Ponies were falling out of the tornado like fleas. Screams erupting from the falling ponies could be heard from miles away.

"Whoa! That's like the fiftieth cadet that fell out!" Rainbow said to herself. all of a sudden, she felt something hit her hard. It was another cadet; the cadet had crashed into her and soon enough, she was sent flying out of the tornado in record speed.

The strength of the push was strong, and with the tornado's harsh wind, she was going down good. The blow was strong enough that it forced the goggles away from Dash's eyes, and unfortunately for her, she was heading towards a tree. "Gah!" A grunt of pain was heard as Rainbow Dash landed right onto a tree. The sharp branches from the tree were sharp enough to rip her uniform and give the poor pegasus enough bruises to last for a life time.

Her uniform hung on a branch as Rainbow Dash slid off the tree and started to fall to the ground fast, but this time she was unconscious as well. There was at least 200 feet from the tree to the ground, giving Rainbow Dash a small chance of survival.

"Gotcha! "A voice yelled. Finally, Rainbow Dash's luck changed as somepony had come to her rescue, saving her from plummeting to her doom. That pony was no other then Soarin himself. He knew from the very start that this was a bad idea, that there will be a lot injuries, but.. he never thought that it would be this bad...

Author's Note:

Edited by https://www.fimfiction.net/user/NoblePonyLegacy
Proof read by https://www.fimfiction.net/user/DaeCat
Art by http://sapphireskies24.deviantart.com/
Wow! Chapter 1!!!finely done!!(That rimed:derpyderp1::twilightblush:)Well this is my first story and It's finely out!!! Yay me! I don't now when chapter 2 will be out but I'm already working on it so it will be soon!
-Soarindash959