• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 3,348 Views, 76 Comments

Broken - Sunsetsparkle129



Rainbow Dash gets badly injured during an activity at the academy,apparently so bad that she needs to be supervised for 1 month, her friends being out of the question Rainbow Dash searches for another solution

  • ...
9
 76
 3,348

Chapter 2:At The Hospital


Broken
By Soarindash959
Ch 2:At The Hospital


“Rainbow?”

“Rainbow Dash?”

The word's echoed in Dash’s head as she slowly began opening her eyes. She started rubbing her head as the blurry blue image in front of her began to clear.

“S-Soarin? What are yo-ah!” she stopped mid-sentence as she suddenly felt a shock wave pulse through her head.

“Oh good, you're okay” he said, completely ignoring what had just happened.
Rainbow got a hold of herself and, rather painfully, asked, “W-what happened?”

Soarin tuck a step back, a little confused, “You mean you don't remember?”
Dash thought a little for a moment before shaking her head, “No, I don't.”

Soarin was surprised. He knew she had hit her head rather hard on the tree, and the speed she was going didn't help at all but… this? This, he did not expect.

“Well, I think that's because you took a hard hit but… It… doesn't make sense how you don't remember your fall and your fall only… I'm sure that when your friends get here it'll be all sorted out.” He said with some concern.

“My what?” She asked him, confused.

“Your friends, don't you remember them?”
Dash simply shook her head. Soarin was shocked, he couldn’t believe it! Did Dash have a...a

“Amnesia.” a voice behind him said. It was the doctor. “I'm afraid to say that Ms. Dash has hit her head harder than we thought.” the doctor said, apologetically.

“That can't be! I mean, she knows who I am!”
The doctor rubbed his chin, “It is possible that she remembers some ponies I guess..”

Soarin looked at him blankly, “Doc… She doesn't remember any of her friends! Why would she remember me, and not them?” It didn't make sense. It simply didn't. Why would Rainbow Dash remember him and not her friends? They were more important to Dash than him, right? …right? His train of thought was interrupted as a knock was heard from the door, followed by a purple alicorn princess.

“Rainbow? Are you in here-DASH!” She ran towards Rainbow Dash and looked her over. She gasped. “Wow, what happened to you?”
Rainbow rolled her eyes, “I wish I knew…” She muttered.

“Twi? What is it? Is she okay?” Applejack came in as well, and as soon as she saw Dash, she ran towards her, also worried. Soon, the rest of their friends came in and surrounded the poor pegasus. They all started talking to her, asking her all sorts of questions as Dash simply lay there, looking at them, confused and wondering who these ponies were.

“Oh, Rainbow… we were so worried!” Fluttershy stated.

“You really scared us this time, sugarcube!” Applejack agreed.

“And we missed you sooooooooooo much!” Pinkie yelled out, as she popped in out of nowhere.

Dash was so confused at what just happened, “How did you-”
She was cut off as Twilight came in closer, “We sure did!” Dash leaned back.

“Ugh! What are you wearing?! Here, let me take it off for you, darling. There! Much better!” Rarity exclaimed, as she took Dash's hospital shirt off.

The next thing Dash knew, they were all hugging her. Dash was lost; who the hay were these ponies? What are they doing here? How do they know her? And why were they hugging her?!

Soarin coughed slightly. “I hate to break up the… umm, friendship reunion, but I'm afraid I have to say that Dash, well, she um…” he stopped and looked at them. They were all still in a group hug. Dash was still looking at them funny as the rest of the girls were all looking at him, waiting for whatever important thing he had to say.

He gulped, “She has amnesia.”

“WHAT?!” they all yelled out in shock.

“And… apparently, she needs to be supervised for… a whole month?” he read off the notes that were on her bed.

“But, why?” Twilight flew up to him and asked.

“Well,” Soarin began, “The doctors say that, because of the amnesia, it's not safe for her to be alone… well, that and the fact that she has a broken left wing and two broken back hooves.” he finished, putting the notes back down on the bed where he found them.

“That must have been one heck of a fall if she managed all that!” Applejack stated.

“It was, and it was one heck of a tree too.” Soarin answered, before looking at them with a raised eyebrow. “So, which one of you is able to take her in?” He asked them.

They all looked around at each other. “Well, I'm definitely out. I mean, I am a princess, so I can't be there for her all the time.” Twilight said, apologetically.

Dash sighed, “Thank goodness…”

“I can't do it either, Zap Apple season is starting tomorrow; I'll have to spend 3 full days just picking them!” Applejack told them.

“Very sorry darlings, I'm going on tour with Sapphire Shores. As her costume designer, I have to go along.” Rarity apologized.

“Maud is coming home for a few weeks, and I Pinkie Promised that I'd be there!” Pinkie exclaimed, distraught.

“My family reunion is this week. Besides, I don't think that surrounded by animals for a whole month will be healthy for you.” Fluttershy said, lowering her head.

“Oh that's okay, umm, who ever you are. I’m sure I'll be fine here at the hospital!” Dash assured her; glad she wouldn't have to spend so much time with any of the strange ponies.

The door opened again, only this time, it was the doctor who opened it. “I’m sorry girls, but visiting hours are over. Commander Soarin, you may stay for a few minutes, but no longer!” he addressed the group. Soarin nodded his head and the doctor left, soon followed by the girls.

Twilight stopped in front of the door and looked back at Rainbow Dash. “Well, I hope you're better soon, Rainbow…” she said, leaving, and closing the door behind her with her magic.

When they all had left, Soarin turned around towards Rainbow Dash with his eyes closed. “Rainbow, I know you said you'd stay at the hospital, but I-” he paused, “What are you doing?”

When he opened his eyes, Dash was getting of the bed, or rather, trying to get off the bed.

“What's it look like I'm doing? I'm getting as far away from those weirdos as possible!” She exclaimed.

“You're gonna hurt yourself.” Soarin said blankly.

“No I'm not, see? I'm fine-WHOA!!” she managed to stay on her hooves for a mere second, but fell in Soarin's embrace immediately after.

“I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so” he said helping her to her hooves again.

“Look, I don't care if they were my friends before, but I am not staying with any of them. I'd rather stay at the hospital, and that’s saying something! But obviously, if there is another choice, I'll take it!”

Soarin's expression changed as a smile grew on his face. “Actually there is.”

Dash lit up. “There is?”

Soarin nodded, “I'm not sure if you are pleased with it but… it's better then nothing. I have some ponies that help out at my place-”

“Ya mean servants?” Dash interrupted.

“Well yes, but anyway! They are there all the time, so even when I'm at work, you will be supervised, so if it's okay with-” he didn't even get to finish his sentence as Rainbow Dash hugged him tight. Soarin was surprised; it took him a while to gain control. Dash surely was strong, but he was by far stronger.

“Whoa there,” he said, chuckling, “I know hospitals are bad, but-who am I kidding, they’re horrible!”

Dash laughed, “You bet! Thank you so much! When are we leaving?”

Soarin smiled “Now.”

Author's Note:

And done!Sorry for the wait I hope it was worth it!
This chapter was edited by https://www.fimfiction.net/user/MahoganyMlp
Art by http://kimberlycolors.deviantart.com/

Huh,didn't see that one coming did ya?:raritywink:
Tell me what you think so far!
(I added a picture in the last chapter too!)
-Soarindash959