• Published 3rd Nov 2015
  • 9,533 Views, 695 Comments

A Passing Through Kamen Rider - thunderclap



A young man goes to a convention and finds he has the powers of Kamen Rider Decade in a world of ponies and monsters. Can he rise up and fight evil?

  • ...
30
 695
 9,533

PreviousChapters Next
Sleep Like the Dead

Twilight and the girls walked deeper into the carved out cave, their hoofsteps echoing all around them. Despite her best efforts, her thoughts wouldn’t stop dwelling on Wyatt and his plan. Not because she didn’t think it would work. On the contrary, it was working too well.

Her and Rarity’s horns shone bright, illuminating the excavated hallways. Aside from stepping around unconscious bodies of guards, their trip was uneventful. Only when they reached the shot open gate did Twilight pause. Now, her mind had a chance to settle on a new subject. The potential futility of their part in the plan.

“You know... this might not work,” she spoke, giving the unwanted thought form.

“We can’t talk like that,” Dash dismissed, walking towards the gate. “We made it this far, gotta go all the way. Come on, Wyatt’s out there, putting himself in danger. Are you really considering chickening out now?”

"That's not what I meant by that!" Twilight snapped, her pupils contracting. "We've never used the Elements for something like clearing out poison from a body or reviving it."

Applejack clasped Twilight’s shoulder, squeezing it. “Twi, Ya gotta have faith. We’ve been through a lot, right? The elements ain’t gonna fail us. Not when we need 'em so much.”

"Applejack's right," Fluttershy chimed in, clasping a hand over her heart. "Wyatt's out there because he believes in us. So... we have to believe in ourselves.”

Sucking in a deep breath, Twilight took a step forward. "You're right, we don't have any other choice."

The girls fell in line behind Twilight, passing through the gate. They soon found themselves in a large chamber, the symbol of Kuuga etched into the floor. The room itself was akin to Canterlot’s throne room, the walls covered in mosaics. Painstakingly maintained over the centuries, they depicted the brothers' battle and triumph over the gurongi. At the end of the chamber was a small staircase, baring a truly massive sarcophagus.

Carved out of bedrock, Kuuga’s armor had been depicted on its surface. More carvings had been etched into the sides, though the exact meaning was lost on the group.

“Wow, they really loved this guy, didn’t they?” Dash spoke, a mix of awe and envy in her voice. “I don’t even think Commander Hurricane has a tomb this good.”

"Commander Hurricane didn't save the world," Pinkie pointed out, her eyes roving over the coffin. "And isn't Hurricane's built into the side of a waterfall?"

“I dunno, didn’t pay attention in history class.”

"Now isn't the time to be comparing tombs," Twilight admonished, pushing at the lid. “Come on, we have to get this thing open.”

Rubbing her hands together, AJ pushed at the lid, the sound of stone grinding against stone filling the chamber. “Ya might be a bit dragon now, Twi, but, yer still as skinny as a sapling.”

Pinkie appeared on Twilight’s other side, joining in the pushing. “Yeah, silly Twilight.” She suddenly stopped, looking at Twilight quizzically. “Why don’t you just move the lid with magic?”

Twilight blushed, the glow around her horn surrounding the lid. “I may have not thought of it, my mind’s been elsewhere.” Her face flushed deeper as the girls shared a giggle. “I-it’s not that funny.”

“It’s perfectly fine darling, we all know you’re worried about Wyatt,” Rarity said, patting Twilight’s shoulder. “But he does have a habit of making his outlandish ideas work.” Reaching into her bag, she fixed her element around her neck.

The others followed suit, with Twilight donning hers atop her head. “Okay, moment of truth time,” she muttered, concentrating on sparking her element. “Just believe in Wyatt,” she added, reaching out to take Pinkie and Applejack’s hands.

They all clasped hands, their necklaces starting to glow. A soft white glow surrounded them, lifting them off the ground. Rainbow light spread out from Twilight’s tiara, connecting to the other elements. When all of the elements were connected, the rainbow light spiraled upward, connecting to form one concentrated beam. It hung in the air for a moment before streaking down towards the coffin.


Tsukiya’s blood burned. Every beat of his heart was a pulse of fire. A thousand years of grief and self loathing erupted from his soul, fueling the power that had gripped his mind. Rearing his fist back, he punched Another Agito in the solar plexus, sending the other Rider flying.

Another Agito touched the ground a moment later, skidding to a stop. With surprising speed he launched himself forward and tried to sweep Tsukiya's legs out from under him. Tsukiya brought his leg up, slamming it down on Another Agito’s shoulder.

Crumpling down to one knee, Another Agito threw a desperate punch at Tsukiya. His fist collided with Tsukiya’s thigh, making the empowered rider stumble. Rolling away, Another Agito sprang back to his feet.

Taking a moment to compose himself, Another got back into a fighting stance. Pressing his advantage, he lashed out at Tsukiya just as he regained his footing. “You think they’ll welcome you back? You abandoned them.”

Bringing up an arm to block, Tsukiya grit his teeth. "There are only three people whose opinions I've ever really cared about. You just piss me off so I'm gonna shove a fist up your ass." Deflecting the next punch, he reared back and punched Another Agito in the jaw. “But please, go ahead and justify selling your people out.”

Stumbling backward, Another Agito recoiled from the blow. “This is the best normal humans here will get. Dai-Shocker would be much less kind if they didn’t serve this purpose.”

“That’s it? That’s the best you got?” Tsukiya spat, staring the other rider down. “No wonder you're not a real Agito.”

A low growl escaped the man's throat as he launched himself forward. "I am an Agito!" he boomed, trying to knee Tsukiya in the stomach. “Far more deserving of the title than you.”

Tsukiya caught the other man's leg and with a deft movement flipped his opponent onto his back. Before the other rider could get up, Tsukiya brought his foot down on his stomach. “You're a twisted mockery of an Agito. Why do you think your armor is so ugly?”

Another Agito coughed, trying to throw the other man off. "Says the one on fire."

“I’m exactly where I want to be, Grasshopper boy,” Tsukiya said, pressing his foot down harder.

Gasping for air, the other man's struggles grew weaker. Tsukiya removed his foot, his shoulders shaking. “Let’s see what the Linto think when they find out about all of this, hmm?”

Sputtering for air, Another Agito remained on the ground. "I will confess to nothing."

Smirking beneath his helmet, Tsukiya pointed to a nearby patch of wild grass. “You already have.”

Another Agito’s gaze followed the other man’s finger, watching as Daring and Riki stepped out of the patch of grass holding camera equipment. “You... set us up...” he muttered numbly.

“Don’t look at me, putting you on candid camera was all the kid’s idea,” Tsukiya stated, jabbing a thumb at the collapsed Wyatt. "By the way, Riki, can you haul him up? Poor kid ran out of juice.”

Riki set his equipment down, jogging up to Wyatt. The man had a far off look in his eyes, still reeling from everything he had witnessed. Gingerly, he hauled Wyatt to his feet, the young man lightly stirring.

“Gana...” Wyatt groaned, bringing a hand to his face. “Did we win?”

Chuckling, Tsukiya nodded. "Yup, got two of our three objectives completed. Just waiting for number three."

"A third objective?" Another Agito repeated gravely, his armor fading from existence. "What are you talking about?"

“My brother’s not dead.”

The defeated Rider broke out into a laugh, a broken hoarse thing, like air escaping a mausoleum. "Is that where you sent the ponies? To revive Kuuga?"

Tsukiya grabbed the man's shirt, lifting him up by the collar. “What do you think, little man? Why else would we waste our time on a pissant like you?”

"Tsukiya," Wyatt croaked out, taking a few shaky steps toward the pair with Riki's help. "Calm down, he's not worth it." A tired smirked crossed his face. "Besides, it'll be more satisfying to see how the Linto deal with him."

Tossing Another away, Tsukiya grunted. “You’re right, it will.” He glowed for a moment before his armor faded away. Suddenly, he had to stop himself from collapsing, his bones feeling like they were replaced with lead.

They didn't get to enjoy their victory for long, the thrum of distant choppers alerting them. Soon, they heard the roar of engines and the group was surrounded by the Linto equivalent of humvees.

Wyatt blinked, taking in the multitude of gun barrels pointed at them. "Well, wish I had planned a little further ahead."

Tsukiya sucked in air, dropping into a kneel. “Why am I not surprised they get here after the big show.”

"That was probably the plan," Riki noted, helping Wyatt into a kneeling position. "Stand down," he added, turning his attention to the soldiers. "The general here is guilty of high treason. We have his confession on tape."

Another Agito seemed unfazed, taking his place among the soldiers. “Kill them. Kill all of them. They have desecrated the tomb of Lord Kuuga.”

The soldiers brought their guns up, prepared to open fire.

"That’s not my name, you know!” A voice called out, one that Tsukiya recognized instantly. The soldiers turned their heads, finding a man with a white cloth draped over him. His skin tone matched Tsukiya's, though his hair was straighter and he was clean shaven. “Kuuga’s just a title.”

Wyatt had to hold back laughter, his plan actually went off without a hitch. However, his reaction was nothing compared to Tsukiya's.

Despite his fatigue, he shot to his feet emitting a cry of, "Ke'alohi!" He made it halfway to his doppleganger before his legs gave out and sent him to the ground.

The doppelganger hopped down from his spot and crouched beside Tsukiya. "Tsu is that you? Almost couldn't recognize you with those pubes glued to your face."

“Shut up.”

Ke’alohi grinned before looking out at the shocked soldiers.

Another Agito tried to snap them out of it barking, “Don’t listen to the impostor, fire!”

Ke’alohi’s cheer tempered itself, replaced by a hard sternness. “Whether we’re lying or not, I taught you all better than that. Put your weapons down.” Bringing his hands down to his waist, the Arcle appeared. “Or do you really need proof?”

Rikki swore under his breath, eyes finally focusing. He dropped to his knees, bowing his head in deference. The other soldiers followed suit, their guns clattering to the ground.

Another Agito was left reeling, his command crumbling away before his eyes. “S-shoot him, damn you all!” Snatching a rifle from the ground, he fired a burst of rounds at Ke’alohi. A lavender shield appeared around Ke’alohi, Twilight and the girls stepping into view.

“So, is there any doubt that he’s a traitor?” Wyatt asked, looking amongst the soldiers. “He just shot at your religion’s figurehead. What else do you think he’s hiding?”

Twilight kept her horn lit, pulling the gun from Another’s hands. The soldiers snapped out of their reverie, a few of them moving to detain the now disgraced general. She vanished from existence, appearing to pull Wyatt into a hug that made his bones creak.

Wyatt squeaked, his burned and battered body reeling from the hug. Shakily, he returned it, the pain more than worth it. "Be honest with me, you didn't think we'd pull this off, did you?" he questioned with a tired grin.

“I had a few doubts,” Twilight admitted, nuzzling his head.

Chuckling, he put his forehead to hers. "I'm amazed I even got out of the city myself. But then, I have a very talented wizard for a girlfriend.”

"Nice try, but you're still in trouble for this risky plan," she whispered, kissing his cheek and cancelling the illusion spell on him. “There, now that’s the Wyatt I like. The one with the dorky face.”

"Ow, that stings more than my literal burns," he replied, pulling away a bit. "And only like?"

Rainbow groaned, dragging her hands down her face. “For crying out loud, just get a room you two!”

With an evil grin, Wyatt started to wiggle his eyebrows. "Now there's an idea, right Twi? I mean, there is a former tomb right behind us...”

Giving him a flat look, Twilight pushed him away. "My first time isn't going to be in a tomb." Clearing her throat, she bowed her head towards the soldiers. “I’m sorry our presence caused so much trouble. We didn’t think there’d be so much resistance to bringing Kuuga back.”

Waving her off, the commanding officer directed the other soldiers to load up in the vehicles. “We should be the ones apologizing; you just helped us uncover a conspiracy against our people. The media will love to see that footage you have.”

“And what happens to this knucklehead?” Dash asked, hocking a thumb towards Magda.

"If he's found guilty of high treason, then there's a firing squad with his name on it." The soldier turned to look at Daring's camera. "And if that footage is as damning as you say, then that's all but guaranteed."

Tension bled out of the group, the events of the day finally catching up to them. Except Ke'alohi who seemed to be brimming with energy after his centuries long slumber. With some help from the soldiers, Wyatt hitched his bike to one of the humvees and climbed into the back of it with his friends.

Taking Twilight’s hand, he rested his chin on her head. He tried to whisper something to her, only for it to trail off as he drifted off to sleep.


Rippersnapper pressed forward through the stone, the claws on his monster mode’s forelimbs carving through the granite as easily as a heated knife through warm butter. The stone flowed like butter for a few seconds as well, allowing for Blud to follow only a dozen or so feet behind the mechanical beast. “Thirty feet to the cave where the filth worships his body. You still have the charged energon crystal I gave you, right? You didn’t drop it somewhere because you got tired of carrying it?”

“I’m a professional, Rippersnapper. My tools never leave my sight nor my grasp,” came Blud’s curt response.

“Still an organic, but I suppose I can respect one who manages to do what they need to. Remember, plant the crystal in the center of the insignia on his forehead. Move it around a little if it doesn’t immediately fix itself in place. If you feel the crystal moving towards him on its own just let it go, like a really strong magnet. Ideally, they’ll be too busy with me to even know you’re there, but there may be a priest or guard standing on top of him.” An ominous growl began to emanate from Rippersnapper’s torso, the sound of a truly massive engine coming to life. “Try not to die. This is only the first of my brothers, after all.”

“I doubt these dogs have anything that can wound me, let alone kill me, Ripper,” Blud responded, rolling his eyes. “I always see my heists through to the end.”

“I meant me, or falling off of my brother. Don’t get lost in the crowd.” The decepticon snarled back before tearing at the wall with far less restraint than the stealthy approach he’d used on the way. The second after the tunnel breached the wall of the chamber beyond, he let out a feral roar before throwing himself into the assembled mass of canines.

What followed were frightened screams and howls of agony accompanied by the sound of bones breaking and metal clanging against stone as the fury of The Steel Bulette was unleashed on those who were unfortunate enough to be near him. That great sharklike maw opened and all-but inhaled some of the canines whole before the purpose of that great internal engine was revealed. A shower of blood erupted out of Rippersnapper’s back, just behind his vestigial dorsal fin, and he quickly moved on to the next group.

Blud froze, the brutal carnage catching him off guard. Icey terror gripped his heart, the echoes of cruel, femminine laughter in his ears. Steeling himself, he activated his armor and stepped after Rippersnapper. His mind shut out all else but his objective. He avoided the worst of the gore piles, weaving around them as he approached the metallic purple statue in the center of the huge cavern. Once he was at the foot of the statue, he jumped up to deftly land on its shoulder. Hefting the crystal, he stepped up onto the head so he could properly place it against the forehead.

The insignia was easy to notice, though the coloration blended in with the purple of the terrorcon’s armor. The raised white lines highlighted each section, and the section he’d been told to place the crystal began to glow and...fill with an absolutely foul-smelling fluid. Something told him that he’d need several showers once this was over as he reached down and placed the crystal in its proper resting place.

“Now wake up, you lazy hunk of metal,” he muttered under his breath. Gracefully leaping away, he had no intention of being anywhere near Blot when the beast roused from its sleep.

“rIgh bIH! DIS Hutlh mej 'el. qeylIS Dochmey'e' SoH je nov Hot. bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHegh!” A dog in ornate steel plated armor seemed to rise up out of the stone in front of where Blud landed, wielding a huge spiked mace in one hand while the other simply pointed down as if it expected him to understand what it said.

“Je ne parle pas,” Blud responded, putting as much cheek into his voice as possible.

The dog simply growled and jabbed its hand downward once again while taking a step forward and raising the mace menacingly. The armor it was wearing seemed to flow at the joints, as if the metal was one solid piece around the dog inside.

Blud fired a shot at the dog’s lower paws, his eyes meeting the dogs. “Don’t. I don’t plan on killing anyone today.” Using his gunner, he gestured for the armored canine to drop his mace.

The dog’s nose twitched once before it brought the mace down towards Blud with a greater speed than the size of the weapon would suggest would be possible. It also let out another series of barks and howls before the sound of a much larger gun firing interrupted everything.

The armored dog was stuck to the wall in some kind of fluid with a greasy-looking texture; a fluid that missed Blud by inches, and which quickly started to dissolve the fur and skin of the trapped dog. A low, cruel laugh began to echo through the chamber, accompanied by the squeal of poorly-lubricated parts moving against each other as the long-idle idol awakened. “Blot missed melting mammals, yes, ohhh such fun. Not melt one that smells of energon. Energon-smelling one must be friend.”

“An ally at the very least,” Blud said, averting his gaze from the grisly spectacle.

“Ally? Blot think ally close enough.” The giant creature nodded slowly before reaching out for Blud with a three-taloned hand that sparked as it moved. “Tiny pretender or next-gen...gen...new type of Decepticon?”

“Neither, you rusty idiot. He’s an organic sent to find out about this world.” Rippersnapper interrupted the conversation by punching the other cybertronian in the shoulder. “Come on. Back to my base so we can get you repaired without worrying about anyone with real power stumbling across the mess I made of this and interrupting.”

Maybe it was a rush from getting something done, or some kind of joy derived from wanton slaughter, but Rippersnapper’s tone was almost caring, and a far departure from the near-hostility he’d been treating Blud with over the last hour as they got closer to the dog pack’s home. Maybe it was the fact that he was covered in gore and viscera. “And you, I owe you for this. We both owe you. You got him powered back up far quicker than I thought you would. Was expecting you to have to climb, not just one jump and we’re done.”

"My armor affords me distinct physical advantages over a normal person," Blud explained, rapping his knuckles against one of the jewels on his body. "And there's no need to thank me, I was merely upholding my end of our bargain."

“Yeah, that’s true. Let’s go. Try not to step in too many poodles.”

Blot began laughing a few seconds later after looking around at the chum-covered floor. The sound was something like a water pump trying to move pudding. “Poodles! Blot gets it. Dog joke!”

Blud lingered for a moment, resisting the urge to vomit. How had it come to this? He was a thief, stealing things when an outright assault was out of the question. And now? Now he was unleashing monsters, monsters that enjoyed slaughter. Sapient war machines that reveled in it. He kept well behind the newly reunited duo, his thoughts dwelling on what had led him to this.

The only sound in the cave after the three of them were done and on their way back to Rippersnapper’s base was the sound of blood dripping. It was a far cry from the cheerful religious observations that had been going on that day, that Blud had had only the briefest moment to hear when the first opening had been made. Either the whole clan had been killed in a single, swift massacre, or those that hadn’t been in the room were smart enough to stay far away.

A singular figure walked the now-otherwise-empty cave, boots echoing across the walls. Blue and black armor stood out against the red and grey, a lone streak of contrast. A lingering gaze followed the trio’s path but the figure did not follow. That could wait. For now, search and rescue took priority. They just hoped there was someone left to save.


“Are we sure this is a good idea?” Dash questioned, glancing amongst her companions. “I mean, I’m all for telling the truth but... aren’t you guys afraid of everyone losing their minds? There’s gonna be, like, riots and stuff.”

"Everyone has to be aware of this, or else Dai-Shocker might find new ways to continue their predation here," Twilight rebutted, sitting in front of a t.v. "Some momentary unrest is worth preventing that."

“And hey, we get to watch some good ole’ t.v,” Wyatt added, sitting behind Twilight. “Can’t say I didn’t miss it.”

"Is there something besides news on it?" AJ questioned, biting into an apple. "Cause I can read the paper myself."

“Of course there are but we’re supposed to be watching the news,” Wyatt reminded.

AJ gave him a flat look, swallowing her bite. "Ah know, jus' askin' cause otherwise Ah wouldn't see what the fuss was about. Though were there so many commercials on y'all's television?"

Shrugging, Wyatt kept his gaze on the screen. "About the same. Though there were more ads for medicines with mile-long lists of side-effects where I was from. It wasn’t the best.”

Their conversation hushed as the feed changed to a podium with a screen next to it. A man stepped into view wearing a well pressed suit. Cameras flashed all around him, an eager curiosity in the air.

“We’re watching history~” Twilight almost squealed, pulling Wyatt into a death hug. “I never thought we’d see it happening like this!”

Feeling his ribs creak, Wyatt settled into the embrace.

"My fellow Linto," the man started, looking among the crowd. "I come before you with news that will affect all our people. We have been lied to for generations. The Trickster, is no enemy to us. Instead, he has come and removed the blindfold from our eyes. With this footage." He motioned to the screen, giving the signal to start playing it.

The crowd exploded into cries and shouts, Magda’s speech playing before them. Several objects were hurled at the screen, screams of ‘heretic!’ rising up.

The speaker kept his composure, raising his voice over the crowd. "The Trickster, no, Decade has done something else for Linto. Returned someone we thought was lost long ago."

Stepping aside, the speaker let Ke'alohi walk up to the podium.

“Aloha, everyone,” Ke’alohi greeted, wearing an easy smile. “It’s good to see all of you here.” Thankfully he was out of the makeshift rags and in a red dress shirt and black pants. "It's been a long time, you've come a long way since I was last awake."

Putting his hands on the podium, his gaze turned stern. “You’ve all been lied to for a long time. Secret groups have been steering you through the shadows for their own gain. But I’m back now and that wouldn’t be possible without Decade, my brother and their pony friends.”

The crowd seemed to settle down, hanging onto his words.

"I know things look grim," Ke'alohi continued, taking a look at the screen. "But we humans aren't exactly known for rolling over and playing dead. The world needs to get along, to help each other. Otherwise, we’ll all just become cattle.”

Wyatt nodded along to the speech, the crowd seeming to be past the rioting stage. He let out a silent sigh of relief, leaning against Twilight. “Well... at least they aren’t burning down the country...”

“Ever think you’d be part in uncovering a conspiracy and saving a country?” Twilight asked, giving him a quick squeeze.

“Can’t say I ever did, no.”

Twilight smiled, watching the broadcast. With his speech concluded, Ke’alohi stepped away from the podium. The feed switched, a panel of people offering their thoughts on what was just presented.

“That’s it?” Dash asked, tossing a piece of candy into her mouth. “Princess Celestia would have those guys eating out of her hands! He barely spoke for like two minutes!”

“He had like three hours to throw that together,” Daring argued. “Plus, he doesn’t have the millennia of public speaking experience she does. You try public speaking after being almost dead for a thousand years.”

Dash shrugged, relenting the point. “Okay, so now that we’ve got Kuuga, when are we heading back? I mean, there’s still whatever Dai-Shocker members that might still be here.”

"That's not entirely our problem," Discord chided, tossing some of Dash's candy into his mouth. "You did your part, now you have to come home. And very quickly, I might add."

Wyatt’s eye twitched, Discord’s sudden appearance ruining whatever good mood he had. “Oh great, Dickord is here. What do you want?”

Snorting, Discord flicked a paper football at Wyatt's head. "I was meditating and making Dai-Shockers movements but, Celestia thought it would be best if I come got you and I couldn't help but agree." He coiled up, his features downturning. "Chrysalis is dead."

The room fell silent, no one able to say anything. Fluttershy was the first to break it, muffled sobs escaping her lips.

Discord continued, his eyes settling on the floor. "It seems what was left of the original Sombda survived in the G-1 armor and came looking for its body. Chrysalis ensured it didn't get your son."

Pupils contracting, Twilight shot up. “Take us home right now! I need to see my son!”

Lifting his gaze, Discord frowned. "Maternal instinct or not, don't bark commands at me, Twilight Sparkle. I've already sent the Invincible and her crew back. We'll leave when Kuuga has said his goodbyes."

Twilight muttered a quick apology, settling down but definitely under protest. She clung to Wyatt's arm, her nails digging into his skin. For his part, Wyatt held her close, doing his best to help ease her mind.

Once Ke'alohi returned, he was filled in on the situation. While he didn't know the person in question, his celebratory mood was cut short. Discord snapped his talons, sending everyone on their way home.


Queen gazed out of what had been her husband's office, her eyes taking in the growing sea of protesters at the building’s base. A single group had brought down everything her kind had worked for. In just a scant few days, her world had crumbled around her.

Her people couldn't live here, not anymore. With their nature exposed, it was in the fangire’s best interest to relocate. Of course, Dai-Shocker had offered sanctuary on one of their worlds but Queen had declined. Consorting with them had cost her husband's and Rook's lives.

No, instead Queen would have to forge a path of her own. Something that would be incredibly difficult with all of Linto's eyes on her. The mirror however, made things quite simple. Stolen years ago by an enterprising fangire noble, it presented the best option available.

Going over to the desk, Queen pressed the button for the secretary. "Tell Bishop to spread the word, we're using the mirror. I want the strongest fangire to remain behind and hide it. We're done with Linto."

The secretary gave an affirmative and cut off the connection. Queen looked over the desk, checking for anything that'd need to be disposed of. Reaching her hand up, she summoned Sagarc to her. "Let this be the day our resurgence begins."

PreviousChapters Next