• Published 6th Nov 2015
  • 5,117 Views, 183 Comments

"Let's go, Shadowbolts!" - AppleJTZ



After the friendship games everything returns back to normal at Crystal Prep Academy. However, five students seem influenced by the spirit of friendship they witnessed at CHS, and are unwilling to go back to the cold-hearted usual of their school.

  • ...
1
 183
 5,117

Friends

“Phew” Sunny sighed in relief, putting a hand on her chest. She and the others had left the dean’s office and were standing in the hallway again. “I really wouldn’t have thought she’d be willing to load all that extra-work on herself for us” she admitted.

Closing the door behind her Indigo grinned victoriously. “Told’cha she’d do it!” she exclaimed. “I mean she even went up against Cinch to bust us out of detention! She’s really alright, for a teacher at least.”

“That doesn’t mean a lot by your standards” Sugarcoat remarked, leading Indigo to toll her eyes.

Lemon put her headphones back on. “So how are we gonna sit?” she asked, beaming with excitement. “I’m calling shotgun on whoever is best in math and history!”

Sunny smirked. “Could have figured you only agreed to being friends so you can write off from us” she joked.

Lemon grinned back. “You know what? Screw what I said – I’m gonna sit next to you in EVERY class, just so I can annoy you!”

While the others broke out into giggles Sugarcoat threw slightly stern glances at them. “You shouldn’t get too excited considering we don’t have our new time tables yet” she warned them. “We don’t know how many classes we’ll have together. And the seating plan is in the hands of the teachers, so we might not sit next to each other even when we share-“

“Oh, lighten up!” Indigo chimed in, playing her arm around Sugarcoat’s shoulders. “Have a bit of trust in the dean! And I’m sure we’ll get the eggheads in class around too!”

“That’s right!” Sunny agreed, pride in her voice as she winked at Sugarcoat. “I mean, for a group of friends, nothing is impossible.”

Sugarcoat looked around, seeing everyone around her smile. “Yeah” she said, the corners of her mouth also rising. “You’re right.”

Confidently Sour stemmed her hands against her hips. “Now that this is settled, any ideas where to spend the rest of the afternoon?” she asked cheerfully, her mood considerably dropping as she went on: “The last one before Cinch’s crazy plans to turn us into braniac zombies take effect?”

“DISCO!” Lemon hollered, turning on her music.

Rolling her eyes Sunny sighed. “It’s in the middle of the week, and far too early anyway!” Sunny told the party-girl. “I still have to do math homework. How about we got to the library and do it together?”

“Again with the homework?” Indigo asked, crossing her arms as she gave her a slightly concerned glance. “You really gotta learn to relax, girl!”

“You have stated earlier you spend most of your free time training for competitions” Sugarcoat reminded her. “That doesn’t sound too relaxing either.”

”Yes Sugarcoat, go tell her!” Sour cheered her on, a very sarcastic smile on her lips. “It’s not like ranting at strangers is the weirdest hobby ever♥”

“You probably spend most of your free time talking and arguing with yourself” Indigo snapped at Sour, making her pout.

“And you probably cheer yourself on when nobody is looking!” she hissed back.

“She already cheers herself on when everybody is looking” Sugarcoat remarked.

Making a super hero-pose Lemon called out: “And Captain Obvious strikes again - fear not citizens! She will annoy all villains away, with a flood of unnecessary information everybody already knows!”

“Captain Noise should turn her volume down a little” Sunny suggested, holding her hears at Lemon’s loud music.

“Urgh, you really are a Miss Fancy!” Indigo moaned.

The Shadowbolts silently glared at each other. A wild mixture of loud offenses, dry insults, smug sarcasm and vulgar exclaims suddenly erupted from their mouths, mixed with hints of cynical friendliness. Soon they didn’t even know who they were yelling at, just randomly glaring at someone while throwing out an insult.

“AHEM!”

The fight abruptly ended, all eyes turning to the dean’s office. Dean Cadence was standing in the door, throwing a sharp glare at them.

“Excuse me, girls” she said with a hypocritical courtesy that was on par with Sour. “But could you please be a little quieter? I’m having trouble concentrating on the changes to the time table.” She grabbed the knob, glaring once more at them before closing the door behind her.

Alone again in the hallway the five girls blushed, shamefully keeping their heads low. “Let’s… just hang around on the playground some more” Sunny suggested.