• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 13,834 Views, 509 Comments

Shinigami In Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



An average but nerdy young man goes to an anime convention dressed as Ichigo from Bleach. He was missing only one thing from his costume, where a mysterious merchant sells him just the item he needed. Only to be sent somewhere he doesn't know.

  • ...
54
 509
 13,834

Chapter 21: And the Gang's all Here Part 2

Chapter 21: And the Gang's all Here Part 2

We set off into Ponyville where some of the ponies stare at us or just ignore us.

"The only place open this early would be that family run diner... erm," I say but I can't remember the name, I've only been there once.

"The Sunset Diner," Orihime says for me.

"Yeah! That's the one, thanks," I say to her.

"Alright, I hope they have some bacon and eggs," Chad says.

"Sorry, but no. These ponies don't eat meat. I have to get mine from a travelling Gryphon that passes through here now and then. Ponies only get meat to feed pets like cats and dogs," I tell him. “but they do eat eggs though so you can still get those.”

"What? Damn, that's disappointing," he replies.

"You'll get used to it. I'll cook ya a steak for dinner later if you'd like? I think I have four left," I tell him.

At the mention of steak his stomach rumbles loudly. "I think he said yes," Orihime says with a giggle as Chad blushes a bit.

After a few more minutes of walking, we reach the diner and enter. A little bell rings above the door which makes the mare behind the counter look up.

"Orihime!" she says and comes around and hugs the orange haired girl.

"Hello, Sunny Smiles. How are you this morning?" Orihime asks her.

"Oh I'm good, just helping my parents today with the diner," she replies and looks at us. "Who are they? Is the one in the black tablecloth that Ichigo guy you told me about?" Sunny asks Orihime.

"Uh-huh," she replies while I have a deadpan expression on my face.

'First pyjamas now tablecloth...' I think to myself in irritation as Chad and Uryu chuckle quietly.

"Okay, so who are the other two?" Sunny then asks.

"The tall guy is Sado Yasutora and the shorter one is his brother Uryu Ishida," Orihime introduces them.

Chad raises his right hand in a small wave. "Hi," he simply says.

"Yes hello, it is a pleasure to meet you," Uryu says with a nod.

"Erm, yeah, likewise... So what can I get for you guys?" she asks us.

"We're here for breakfast before we head off to Canterlot." I say and walk over to the counter where I look at menu there. "I'll have the toast with beans and a glass of orange juice please," I order.

Chad gets the same but a larger portion with a couple of eggs while Uryu and Orihime get a salad and hash browns as well has orange juice.

We sit at a table and chat as we wait for our breakfast. I tell them what we'll be doing at Urahara's place for the next few days, I'll be teaching Uryu how to control his reiatsu and Chad will be trying to figure out how his powers work while I'll be practising with my new strength as well.

Our food arrives and we all dig in. After we all finish Orihime and I split the bill and we then head towards the station.

"And that's why I'm known as the Ponyville Angel," Orihime tells Chad and Uryu the story behind her new nickname while we wait for the train to arrive at seven o'clock, I've already paid for the tickets.

"I see, so the ponies come from all over to have you heal them?" Uryu asks her.

"Uh-huh, I've mostly restored lost limbs and some severely broken bones so far while the doctors and nurses treat things like illnesses and minor injuries," she replies.

"At least it's reassuring that if we get hurt that you'll be able to heal us," Uryu says and notices Orihime's hand in mine as we sit next to each other on the bench. "Am I picking up on this right or and I misunderstanding something?" he asks us.

"Huh?" I say and look at our hands and chuckle. "Orihime and I are dating each other, last night when you arrived we actually finished our date together," I reply while Orihime has a light blush on her face.

"Oh, I see. I hope we didn't interrupt anything," Uryu says while I hear Chad mumble 'lucky bugger' to himself.

"No, we were just saying goodnight to each other when you dropped in," Orihime tells him.

The sound of the Train's whistle gets our attention as the steam locomotive starts approaching the station. "Well, looks like our ride is here," I say and stand up.

The others get up as well and we all get on when the train stops. We show the conductor our return tickets and he uses a stamp to show we got on and the other half unstamped so we can use them to get back again.

I yawn as we watch the landscape go by, it'll take about an hour to travel up the mountain... I really wish I could just carry them up but I'm not confident enough with myself to try that yet.

"So what are these Princesses like?" Chad asks.

"They're very kind and polite," Orihime replies.

"Unless you get on their bad side then they'll try to kick your ass, Celestia tried to seal me away again after I got free and when I wouldn't go quietly she tried to kill me," I pipe in with my own comment.

"So why are you so friendly with them now?" Uryu asks me.

"When they sealed me away the first time, they somehow became Soul Reapers themselves, then during my imprisonment they had hollows put into them... Luna got possessed by hers and sealed in the moon for a thousand years. Celestia got possessed by hers during our fight where she let her anger get the better of her, but Luna and I managed to free her from it. After experiencing it for themselves, they know how I felt during mine," I reply and yawn.

"Ah... I guess that makes sense, do we need to follow any etiquette?" Uryu asks.

"Na." I wave a hand dismissively. "I just act like myself around them, they’re friends to me not some goddesses or royalty," I reply and my Soul Pager goes off. I open it to see a big hollow is heading our way.

I look out the window and a large flying black dragon like hollow is catching up to the Train. "Well, would you look at that... that one actually looks tough," I say and stand up.

"What's going on?" Uryu asks me.

"Just a dragon hollow chasing us, I'll deal with it. If you reach Canterlot before me, just wait at the station for an hour before I return, if I'm not back I want you to tell the Princesses okay, Orihime," I reply and tell Orihime.

"Okay... Please be careful, Ichigo," she replies.

"It'll be fine, I'll be back before you know it," I say and step out of the car.

I leap off the Train and use my shunpo to launch myself at the incoming hollow. I slam into it's side where it lets off a loud screech before hitting the mountainside.

I draw my zanpakuto and wait for the dust to clear.

With a roar the hollow flaps its wings and clears the dust cloud away. Its got black scales with a deep grey underbelly, its mask is long with four horns that point away from its head on the back.

It flies and hovers in front of me. "So you're the one the Queen is worried about," it says.

I go wide eyed as this isn't your run of the mill dumb hollow, it’s an Adjuchas. "Who are you and why are you here?" I ask him.

He glares at me for a while before answering. "I was sent here to test you, to see what you are capable of," he replies and inhales deeply.

He then breathes out a large plume of fire which I quickly avoid using my shunpo, only to just barely block a swipe from his right claw which sends me into the mountainside.

I grunt from the impact and rub the back of my head. 'That's going to leave a mark,' I think to myself.

'Be careful Ichigo, he's faster than he looks,' Zangetsu warns me.

'Thanks for the heads up,' I reply and launch myself at him.

I swing my zanpakuto at him and he dodges and swings his tail at me. I jump over it and hold my sword over my shoulder and channel my reiatsu through it. "GETSUGA TENSHOU!" I yell and launch a bright white beam of reishi at him.

He flaps his wings and strafes to the right, but the beam clips the tip of his tail cutting it off.

"RRAAAAAGGHH!" he roars in both pain and anger.

He opens his mouth again but instead of flames, a cero begins charging up.

"Oh shit!" I yelp and quickly form my hollow mask.

He fires and I use my increased speed to avoid the powerful attack, the cero hits the mountainside leaving a deep two metre wide and about seven metres deep hole in it with cracks and loose rocks falling around it.

The hollow looks at me with shock as I look back at him with a frown. 'If I don't take him out quickly he could bring down the mountain!'

I remove my mask and get ready to use my Bankai. "BAN-KAI!" I yell and change into my Bankai form. I've got three minutes to finish him off.

He shakes his shock away and lunges at me. I quickly use my shunpo to jump over him and land on his back, I swing my sword at his right wing and cut it off.

He roars in pain and slams into the rocky ground below.

I charge at him and raise my sword ready to strike, he looks up at me and swings his other wing faster than I anticipated and slaps me into the train tracks.

"Ooof!" I grunt as the wind is knocked out of me.

The hollow then tackles me into the mountainside where I'm embedded into the rock wall "GAAAAHHH!" I yell out in pain as I feel my left arm and a couple of ribs break from the force.

He pulls away and is about to strike again until another voice yells out. "Howl, Zabimaru!" I hear Renji yell as his Zanpakuto stretches out and slashes at the Hollow’s mask.

The hollow screeches again as I pull myself out of the wall. "Ichigo! Are you alright!?" he asks me as I shake my head to clear it.

"I'll be fine, just a few broken bones," I reply and glare at the hollow. 'Now I'm pissed.'

I use my shunpo and ignore the burning pain in my left arm and chest, I stand behind the dragon's neck and rapidly slash at it. Chunks of muscle and scales fly off as he roars in pain, He swings his remaining wing at me but I see it coming this time and slice it off as well.

He roars and turns to face me but I quickly lunge and stab him in the left eye. He backs away and screeches in pain again while Renji swings his zanpakuto at his knees, cutting through the muscle and tendons.

The hollow falls onto his stomach and I quickly dive at the exposed area I carved out of his neck and impale him through his spine.

He spasms a bit before going limp and dissolves away.

I pant heavily and cancel my Bankai, I slump to the ground due to the pain in my arm and chest.

"Ichigo! Don't worry, I'll get you back to Urahara's store and get you fixed up," he tells me and places my zanpakuto on my back and then puts my right arm over his shoulders.

"No, take me to the, ow, train station... Orihime is there, she can heal me faster," I tell him.

"Alright, just relax," he replies and uses his shunpo to take us to the station.

After twelve painful minutes we arrive where Orihime gasps at my condition. "Ichigo! Oh my god, are you alright!?" she asks with worry as Renji sets me down gently.

Other ponies gasp seeing my bloodied body and twisted left arm.

"I've been better, that hollow was a lot tougher than I thought, good thing Renji showed up when he did, I'd probably be in worse condition if he didn't," I reply as Orihime already starts to heal me.

"I was so worried about you, you... you big dummy!" she yells at me.

"Sorry," I reply quietly. I grunt as my arm twists back into the correct angle and then I sigh as the pain fades. "Thanks... I need to train more if the hollows are getting that strong… I think it was an Adjuchas," I say and look at my left hand and flex my fingers. "Thanks for the help, Renji. I take it your pager alerted you of the hollow as well?" I ask him.

"Yeah, but I felt your reiatsu fighting it as well so I double timed it over there... We need to report this to the Soul Society, the hollows are getting stronger... That dragon hollow was stronger than a captain class Shinigami," he says and gets his Soul Pager out.

"Well while you do that, we're heading over to Urahara's for more training," I tell him.

He looks over and notices Chad and Uryu. "Who are they?" he asks.

"They're like me and Orihime, displaced," I reply.

"Oh... great, more things to report about..." he mutters. "I'll meet you back at Urahara's when I'm done," he tells me and opens a gate to the Soul Society where a hell butterfly guides him through.

"Well then, welcome to Canterlot, the capital of Equestria," I tell them. "Let's get going to Urahara's store, I need to inform him about the hollow and get started on your training. I think we're running out of time fast," I say and we head off into the city.

Author's Note:

Now working on part 3.