• Published 13th Oct 2015
  • 15,027 Views, 318 Comments

Finding Happiness - Wildcard25



A boy with no parents and a cruel aunt and cousin runs away and is brought to Equestria in hopes of finding a place where he belongs.

  • ...
14
 318
 15,027

Drawing Mistake

Following the creation of Zayton, Anton carried him home inside his shirt's chest pocket. He walked up to the cottage and whispered down to him, "Remember, Zayton, you're not to be seen or heard."

"No problem, bro." Zayton said, as he laid low inside the pocket.

Anton opened the door and walked in, "I'm home."

Fluttershy who had been tidying up saw him, "Welcome home, Anton. How was your day?"

"Never better, mom." Anton said, as he was heading up to his room.

"Dinner will be ready shortly, so go wash up." Fluttershy instructed.

"Ok, mom." Anton replied, as he went into his room and dropped his bag to the floor. Zayton poked his head out and looked around the room, "Nice set up."

"Thanks, I actually consider it better than my old bedroom back in my own world."

"In the home of that she-devil and her imp boy, right?" Zayton inquired.

Anton looked down at him, "Wait, you know about Aunt Katrina and Rodney?"

"Of course I do. Even before I had the life I have now, as a drawing I could still see all around me. Your paintbrush just allowed me even greater life," the former drawing explained, "By the way, thanks for not ripping me when you got me back from that twit."

"I'm glad I didn't end up ripping you. Otherwise you wouldn't be here right now."

"True, though we both never knew something like this was going to happen." Zayton joked, and the two laughed.


After washing up, Anton was at the table enjoying dinner with Fluttershy and the rest of her animal friends. Every time Fluttershy looked away, Anton secretly dropped some food into his pocket for Zayton to snack on. When Fluttershy returned to the table she spoke up, "Anything nice happen today, Anton?"

"Oh, you know, same old same old." Anton answered, while Zayton was holding his hands to his mouth to suppress his laughter.

"I know it may seem boring to go back to normal, after you just placed first in the art expo." Fluttershy explained.

"I don't mind it going back to normal. I need the rest, especially after all the hours I was putting into my painting."

Fluttershy nodded, "Your works will truly be great inspiration one day, Anton."

"Thanks, mom." Anton replied, as the two hugged, with Zayton getting squished from inside the pocket.

"Anton, can't breathe! Losing air supply!" he groaned, until Anton and Fluttershy broke allowing him to breathe clearly.

When Anton finished his plate, he spoke, "Dinner was great, mom. I'm gonna be turning in now."

"Have a goodnight, Anton." she smiled.

"You too." Anton went back upstairs.

After Anton washed up for the night, he went to his room to see Zayton was lying on top of Nick who didn't seem to mind, "Comfy?" Anton asked.

"Fox fur can be so soft." Zayton answered while relaxed.

"Well, get some sleep, brother. Because tomorrow we're gonna have us a real day of fun." Anton promised.

"Awesome." Zayton replied.

So Anton god into bed and spoke to his brother, "Night, Zayton."

"Night, Anton." Zayton replied.


The very next morning, Anton was in the bathroom scrubbing up, while Zayton was by the sink splashing himself with some water left in there. Zayton looked over at Anton, "You know the drawbacks of being this size? Not being able to bathe properly."

"You weren't complaining too much about your size yesterday." Anton noted.

"That's because I didn't mind the whole pocket thing and feeding off scraps."

"You just gotta make the best of your situation. That's what I did when I first came to Equestria."

"Very well, but if I wind up going down someone's throat that'll be on you." Anton could only laugh at his brother's words.

Later Anton left for school and upon arriving at the building, he saw his friends waiting, "Morning, guys."

"Morning, Anton." they greeted.

"Is Zayton with you?" Rumble inquired.

Zayton climbed up from the pocket poking his head out, "Obviously." he replied.

"You really sure it's safe bringing him to school?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"As long as he stays in my pocket he'll be fine."

"Yeah. Less chance I'll get stepped on." Zayton joked.

"Well, come on, we better get to class." Applebloom said, as the group went inside.

As Cheerilee was teaching the class one of her lessons, Zayton occasionally peaked his head up from the pocket to take mental notes like Anton. He made sure to sink back into the pocket so no one would notice him, "So far this school doesn't seem so bad," Zayton said to himself, "Though am I really going to just be a secret from everyone for good? I'd like to be known by more than just Anton and the others." he sighed before deciding to just listen to the rest of Cheerilee's lesson.

At lunch time, Anton was enjoying his packed lunch before dropping bits of it into his pocket for Zayton to munch on, "How is it, bro?" he asked Zayton.

"Delicious." Zayton answered.

Anton was interrupted by another familiar voice, "Hey, MacLeod." Anton groaned, as he looked over seeing Uppercut.

"What do you want, Uppercut?" he asked while feeling annoyed.

"Why're you dropping food in your pocket? Saving it for later?"

Anton knowing better than to get into an argument just humored him, "Yes, I am. Got a problem with that?"

"I don't have problems."

"Sure, just keep telling yourself that." Anton replied, and many of the kids laughed. Uppercut growled before walking away.

Zayton popped up, "Who's Mr. Attitude there?"

"Uppercut, only pony here in school who hates me for biased reasons."

"He definitely has the essence of Rodney to him." the micro human noted.

"Tell me about it, but he knows better than to start something with me now. That's what got him in trouble my first day here."

"Nice." Zayton chuckled.

After school, Anton left the building and spoke to his micro brother, "Come on, Zayton. I'm going to show you the best spots in Ponyville."

"Awesome!" Zayton cheered, as Anton walked off.


Anton showed Zayton all around Ponyville, while pointing out some of the best and memorable places around. They walked past Carrousel Boutique, as Anton pointed it out, "That's Carrousel Boutique, owned by Sweetie Belle's sister, Rarity. She makes the best outfits you'll find anywhere in Ponyville."

"Does she make doll's clothing too?" Zayton asked, as Anton gave him a look, "What, you can't expect me to wear the same outfit forever, can you?"

"You won't need too. I can draw and bring to life clothing for you," Anton explained, "I may not be as fashion savy as Rarity, but I can make casual attire."

"Much appreciated. Think you can start now. I'd like to change up my attire asap."

"Sure thing, bro." Anton agreed, as they went to find someplace quiet.

Later on, the two were in the park with Anton drawing up and bringing to life some new clothes for Zayton. The former drawing was looking at his new clothes feeling amazed, "These are so cool. And you sure you're not secretly a fashion expert?"

"I watch a lot of anime. A lot of them have killer wardrobe selections." Anton explained.

"I can see that." Zayton replied, while looking at more of his newly made clothes.

"Anton! Zayton!" came Applebloom's voice, as she and the others were coming over.

"Hi, everyone, how's it going?" Anton asked.

"All good. What're you guys up to?" Pip asked.

"Anton's just making me some new threads." Zayton explained.

"Just giving him some variety, you know." Anton added.

The group looked at some of the designs on his sketch, "These are very good." Diamond Tiara admitted.

"Wow, Rarity would love to see these." Sweetie Belle added.

Zayton began looking in the sketch book and saw a scene of two characters a male and female running away from what looked like a black blotch, "What's this?" he asked Anton.

"Just a little drawing I made awhile back."

"What're these two running from?" Featherweight wondered about the black blotch.

"That's a black hole." Anton explained.

"Black hole?" Scootaloo asked.

"A region in outer space that has a gravity field so strong nothing can escape it's vacuuming force. Once you're pulled into a black hole you're lost forever."

"And why did you draw these two running from one?" Button asked.

"Just a little scene I drew up from reading many space adventure comics. The two beings here feel they can't escape it, but are still willing to try. Even if they fail they go down together." Anton explained with passion.

Zayton looked at the girl and smiled, "She's cute. How about bringing her to life and give me a girlfriend?"

"What?" Anton asked.

"Come on, give me another friend my own size."

"Tempting, but keeping you hidden is work enough." Anton replied.

"Oh, come on. Just bring only her to life." Zayton went over to grab the paintbrush from Anton's hand.

"Zayton, no!" Anton relied, as he tugged it back.

"Zayton needs some loving!" Zayton declared, as the two lost hold of the paintbrush and it's brush tip landed on the black hole drawing making it glow.

The two saw what was happening, as Anton glared at Zayton who smiled sheepishly, "Whoops. My bad."

"What's happening?" Silver Spoon asked nervously.

"The magic paintbrush is bringing the black hole to life. Which means it will really be like a black hole!" Anton cried, as the black hole appeared and started assimilating things into it.

"Run!" Applebloom shouted, as they ran for it.

They ran as far as they could while hiding behind some trees as the black hole was growing in size with everything that was being pulled into it, "At this rate it'll suck in all of Ponyville." Rumble gasped.

"It won't stop at just Ponyville," Anton explained, "Black hole's will keep sucking in everything until there's nothing left!"

"Even us?" Diamond Tiara asked in worry.

"Even us." he confirmed.

"Isn't there a way to stop it?" Scootaloo asked.

"Not that I know of." Anton replied.

"It's getting stronger!" Sweetie Belle cried, as they tried to escape the vacuuming force.

"Applebloom!" came Applejack's voice.

The group saw the Mane Six and Spike running over, "Applejack!" the younger sibling cried.

"Rarity!" Sweetie Belle shouted.

"The group arived, "What's going on here?" Rainbow asked.

"Where'd that black hole come from?" Twilight inquired.

"It's a funny story." Anton explained.

Zayton seeing there was no point in staying hidden spoke up, "Unfortunately, we probably won't live long enough to tell the whole tale. But it's actually my fault."

The girls and Spike looked down at Zayton, as Pinkie asked, "Who're you?"

"Zayton, nice to meet you. But I think this may also be the only time we meet." Zayton grinned nervously.

"Can't you stop that black hole with your magic?" Spike asked Twilight.

"I don't think I have a spell that can stop that."

Anton thought to himself, 'We're all going to be destroyed forever, and it's all because of this magic paintbrush... Wait a minute that's it!' he spoke up, "I know how to stop it!"

"How?" Applejack asked.

"With this." Anton held up the magic paintbrush.

The six older ponies looked at him dryly, "You're joking, right?" Rainbow asked.

"No. This is the only way. The magic from this paintbrush brought it to life, it can undo it!"

"Magic paintbrush?" Twilight asked.

"If we survive I'll tell you all! But I gotta stop this!" Anton cried, as the black hole was getting so big it's vacuuming force was getting stronger. Anton started running for the black hole, as Fluttershy cried.

"Anton, no!"

As Anton ran for the Black hole while gripping his magic paintbrush in his wrist, he thought to himself, 'I'm sorry, Gandore. I guess I couldn't be trusted with this after all." he threw the magic paintbrush into the black hole making it glow before it started collapsing on itself and popped out of existence.

Every pony who was taking cover and holding onto something to avoid being sucked in came out from hiding and cheered for being saved.

Anton stood there knowing that perhaps one of the best gifts he ever received was gone, but knew it was for the best, "Anton!" he looked back seeing everyone rushing over to him.

"You ok?" Pip asked.

"Never better, Pip." Anton answered, until he looked seeing the Mane six giving him looks while Zayton was riding on Spike's head.

"Anton, I think you have some explaining to do." Fluttershy began.

"You and your little friend." Twilight noted. Anton and Zayton knew it was time to fess up.


So Anton and Zayton told them what happened involving the Paintbrush and what he was using for. Twilight looked at Anton in shock, "I can't believe you've been using a magical object like that."

"I can't believe you were able to make such incredible outfits." Rarity said while looking at the small outfits he made for Zayton.

"And I can't believe you made yourself a brother and new friend without telling us." Pinkie finished, while looking at Zayton.

"I'm sorry, guys." Anton answered, while feeling guilty.

"Anton, I am disappointed you kept this secret from us, and more so you almost caused Ponyville to be sucked out of existence." Fluttershy spoke like a responsible parent.

Zayton spoke up, "That last part's on me. I was being selfish with wanting another character brought to life, and I ended up making the brush bring that black hole to life."

"I know keeping this secret from you was wrong, and for that I once again am sorry." Anton sighed.

"At least ya had the courage to tell the truth." Applejack replied.

"Though we hope you'll trust us more next time you have some big secret." Twilight added.

"Yes, Twilight."

"So what do we do about, him?" Spike asked about Zayton.

"Something will have to be done about him." Twilight answered.

"You're not going to get rid of Zayton, are you?" Anton asked in worry, "He's my brother!"

Zayton got down on his knees, "I beg of you, don't get rid of me, your highness!" he pleaded.

"I never said anything about getting rid of you," Twilight answered, putting them at ease, "I actually think this is good for you and Anton."

"Really?" they asked.

Fluttershy spoke up, "I do too. This way Anton has someone like him, and Zayton has a family."

"Thanks, you guys!" Anton cheered, as he and Zayton softly fist bumped.

"Of course, something will have to be done about your size." Twilight noted.

"Can you make me bigger than this?" Zayton asked hopefully.

"I may have a size spell in one of my books." Twilight grinned.

"Oh, yeah!" Zayton cheered.

"And we'll also need to get you your own room when you do." Fluttershy added.

"How? Your cottage only had one guest room and I've already got it." Anton noted.

"Don't worry, I can have Discord remodel it for another room."

"You're going to let Discord remodel it?" Rainbow asked in disbelief.

"He's fast and doesn't charge." Fluttershy explained, and Rainbow had nothing further to say.

"So does that mean you're going to be my mom now too?" Zayton asked Fluttershy who smiled, and replied.

"It certainly does, my son."

Zayton's eyes lit up, "I have a mom now. I have a mom!" he cheered.


Later on at Twilight's castle, the Princess of Friendship was looking through some books with Spike helping her. Spike noticed Twilight looking concerned, "Don't worry, Twilight that size spell should turn up somewhere."

"It's not about that, Spike."

"Then what is it?" he wondered.

"The magic paintbrush Anton had."

"So?"

"Only one of its kind exists, and it was Starswirl the Bearded's. You don't think the pony Anton got it from was..." Spike cut her off.

"Twilight, it's best you don't think too hard about this. Just accept what's happened and leave it at that."

Twilight sighed, "I guess you're right."

That night at Fluttershy's place, Anton was going up to his room with Zayton on his shoulder. Zayton noticed Anton looked down, and decided to see what's up, "Hey, come on, bro. Everything worked out fine for us. Be glad you didn't get grounded."

"I know, but I still feel bad chucking Gandore's magic paintbrush into the hole."

"Hey, you did what you had to do. Otherwise all of Equestria would be gone for good." Zayton explained.

Anton smiled softly at him, "Yeah. You're right," he opened the door of his room and found a letter in the middle of his bed, "A letter?" he walked over and picked it up.

"What does it say?" Zayton asked, as Anton read it.

Anton, I heard what you did with the gift I gave you. Clever idea to make yourself a friend and a brother. Though it was very reckless of you to have brought to life something that could've ended pony kind. But I'm proud to see you fixed your mistake. I hope this lesson taught you something. And I hope you will do well to remember it should anything happen again. Sincerely Gandore.

"Gandore? How did he know?" Anton asked in confusion.

"No idea.' Zayton replied, as the two pondered.

Outside Fluttershy's cottage, Gandore was observing the place while standing near the Everfree Forest. He smiled to himself and spoke, "Anton MacLeod, you are a very special kid." he turned around and began walking away only to vanish into thin air.