• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 2,964 Views, 42 Comments

It's a brutal world mate... - shattered_sky



It turns out my biggest problems is affording coffee and paying rent. And potions. And spending time injured. And trying to coexist with the rowdiest, most destructive guild. Also Why do I sound so edgy? I mean now that I READ what I said it's.......

  • ...
13
 42
 2,964

Spirit of Earth: Sun and Maniticores

Dusk stared at the situation he’s gotten him and his teammates into. The workers didn’t seem that eager to join in and stepped aside. The monkey annoyed the hell out of Dusk and Pound but neither could place why. He wore what appeared to be a dyed blue straw vest and a straw hat. Dusk couldn’t see or feel any magic from him. But he was definitely dangerous he decided.

Yeah taking down a tree with a yoyo decided that.

Pinkie slowly got up and cracked her neck. “…How in hell does anybody survive that? I’m pretty sure a hit like that would kill me.” Dusk muttered.

“Why were you even worried sis? I’m pretty sure Diane is indestructible.” Pound joked.

“Scatter the twins! They’re the Cakes!” The Minotaur bellowed.

“Okay right up!” The monkey yelled as he leapt into the air. Dusk fired off a few blades and the monkey deflected those by swinging his yoyo around. Dusk decided to grab the twins and teleport behind the Minotaur. Leaving behind the bewildered monkey who landed where they were a few moments ago.

Dusk latched onto to the Minotaur’s back and tried to stab him with an arcane blade. The Minotaur flexed and the blade broke against its back. Dusk not missing a beat dived beneath his legs and started rapidly slashing his torso. “Damn it.” He muttered as the bladed he conjured had no effect. “Maybe I should have tried gelding you…” He offered as the Minotaur raised his hammer.

“Dusk, behind you!” Pinkie yelled as the yoyo went at him. Dusk teleported behind the monkey and tried to skewer him but the monkey flipped and dodged his attacks. The yoyo went straight at the Minotaur’s stomach. He doubled over in pain and glared at the monkey.

“Ah. Senysa po…” The monkey nervously laughed as he rubbed the back of his head. Dusk seized on this moment and stared slamming the monkey up and down with his magic. A huge explosion erupted on the Minotaur’s back. Dusk saw that Pound was carrying Pumpkin and a large orange aura enveloped them both. And she was shooting fireballs.

“Neato.” Dusk whistled in awe of the magic. The monkey then pulled out another yoyo and swung it at Dusk’s horn. Pinkie ran at Dusk and kicked him out of the way, canceling his hold on him. The yoyo impacted one of her shoulder pauldrons as she ran towards the monkey. Before the monkey could run off she seized him and started beating him with her hooves.

“Cakes! Go to the beacon, our comrades need your help!” Pinkie paused to yell before wailing on the monkey again. “Yield Scoundrel!” She paused again, the monkey simply let out a groan and fell unconscious.

The Minotaur was smoking and on her stomach. Pound saluted and grabbed his sister, flying off to the beacon. Dusk walked over and raised an arcane blade over the Minotaur. “Should I off him?” Dusk asked.

“No, he is beaten.” Pinkie replied and Dusk sighed. “We are not like them, they shall face justice.” They both stared in the direction the third individual was. “Show yourself coward! Face us!” She demanded. She coughed up blood and Dusk offered her a healing potion.

“That one was mine by the way. So I’m collecting later.” Dusk told her.

Pinkie scowled as she looked at Dusk. “I’ll remember not to team up with you in the future.”

“Father was right, there is no good help these days.” A dignified voice chimed from the trees. A bipedal cat leapt down to one of the lower branches. She wore a silver blue vest with some sort of greenish grey crest and white baggy pants. “Alistar. Aga. Do please get up.” She requested.

The monkey got up and mumbled something before falling over again. The Minotaur snorted. “I guess I have to dispose of them myself.” She concluded. She then slowly slid down the tree, one claw dug into the trunk. Her brown hair was braided and went past her shoulders.

“Imma shoot her.” Dusk simply spoke as he summoned his rifle.

“Don’t” Pinkie swatted the riffle away.

Dusk stared at her like she grew two heads. “You gotta be kidding me.” Dusk stared again at the cat and decided she would listen to Pinkie. After all she could probably take hits as much as she could dish them out. “Alright but that’s bullshit.” Dusk growled. The Minotaur snorted again. “Okay horseshit then. You happy?”

“So uncouth… So, uncivilized.”

“Okay then how about this?” Dusk cleared his throat and hit his chest a few times. “My dear fellow. As you have just heard my pink companion who spoke rubbish. If I do dare say so myself, is as fragrant as feces of the common pony.” Dusk concluded, his head held high as he gave a dismissive sniff.

Pinkie’s mane poofed up a little as she suppressed her laughter.

“Charming.” The cat flatly remarked.

Dusk took out his canister and did a long exaggerated sip. “Miss Diane and Sir Dusk of Shine humbly request’s her lady’s name.” Dusk bowed and Pinkie began to giggle.

“Dusk. We should take this seriously.” Pinkie concluded as she managed to get herself under control. Dusk smiled at a glimpse of the Pinkie he knew.

“Quite. I do apologize, this is a brief acquaintance so no point in introductions. You will both die here and now.” She smugly spoke as she reached the ground. Dusk’s eyes widened as he saw the Minotaur’s wounds healed. ‘The bitch was stalling!’ he thought to himself. “Rise Alistar, your master commands it.”

“You got to be kidding me.”

*****

Thunderlane groaned as he hung on one of the branches. This fight was definitely going south. As much as he hated to admit it Flash Sentry was better. Faster, stronger, had far larger magic reserves, better equipment and more skilled than he was. Not to mention he phased through him every time he tried to charge. He knew that wasn’t a maneuver. So what was it?

“So you had enough?” The orange Pegasus taunted. Thunderlane grit his teeth. He had tricks that he didn’t want to use. He dropped down as a black bolt of lightning was hurled at him. He could win this if he used his ace, but he didn’t want to drop unconscious in the Everfree. Especially not while these guys were around. He dodged more bolts of lightning before taking to the air again.

Flash Sentry stared at Thunderlane for a good while. “Have we met before? Shadowbolt boot camp?” He mockingly asked.

“Nope. Those featherbrains are glorified performers slash killers.” Thunderlane replied as he hovered to one of the branches. “If I wasn’t hurting for bits I might be in the Equestrian Skyguard.”

Flash snorted at this and hovered in front of Thunderlane. “You’re holding back. I can tell.” Flash replied. “I really think we did meet each other before.” He pondered. Thunderlane charged at him again, only to go straight through. “That’s rude.”

Flash Sentry crackled with black lightning as he charged for Thunderlane. Thunderlane leapt and flied away. Spinning in the air lightning danced around Thunderlane. “That again?” Flash Sentry yawned as he dodged several bolts launched at him. Thunderlane began to wonder why he was dodging his ranged attacks but not his charges.

A few more exchanges of lightning and collisions Thunderlane began to lag, he knew if this continued her could not retreat or beat him. If a few bolts hit him he might go down. Those weren’t normal lightning attacks that Pegasi could shrug off.

Now desperate he pushed himself to generate enough speed for a maneuver. An orange aura surrounded him as he built up speed and magic. Flash Sentry hovered in place as Thunderlane looped around the area. “It’s futile you know.” Flash boasted.

Thuderlane charged straight at him. “Some ponies never learn.” Thunderlane instead of ramming the other Pegasus pulled a stop just before hitting him. A huge blast erupted from Thunderlane’s wings, knocking Flash into a tree. He coughed up blood as he was embedded in the trunk. Thunderlane crackled with lightning as he head-butted Flash’s gut.

Flash Sentry realized that Thunderlane wasn’t properly shielding himself. He then remembered what everyone said about Manticore Sting. They’re the craziest ponies out there. He actually felt fear as Thunderlane gave a wide grin. “Payback time.” Thunderlane pummeled Flash with his hooves as they both fell down.

Flash struggled to recover and put some distance between them. Thunderlane managed to bite down hard on Flash’s right wing and wrapped his hooves around him. “You’re bucking crazy! Argh!” Flash let out a cry of pain as Thunderlane ripped off a bunch of feathers. Thunderlane landed on top of Flash.

Thunderlane rolled of Flash and groaned. He was badly burned and beaten. Flash was knocked out cold, his chest slowly rose and fell. His armor was blackened by the blast and he lost his helmet sometime during the fall. Thunderlane slowly stood up and stretched. He wasn’t flying again for a while. His wings ached and burned as he trudged over and grabbed the twin blades on the Ideal’s back.

“He never used them in this fight. I wonder why.” Thunderlane shrugged and strapped them to his back. For some reason he felt luckier and more agile. He dismissed it as being lightheaded. He was battered and low on magic.

He then stepped into the clearing where the workers were. They all paused as the injured Pegasus came into view. “Now, if you would go in one corner and sit there I would appreciate it.” He requested. “C’mon folks party’s over get going!” He yelled.

The gathered ponies murmured among each other for a bit.

“He took down Flash!”

“Yeah but he don’t look so good.”

“The boss is going to be pissed at us if we don’t complete our quota.”

“Are you sure he took that stallion down? He’s a real beast.”

“Yeah, I mean how did he walk away otherwise?”

“Get in one corner! Manticore Sting will disable the Talismans protecting you so-“ Thunderlane announced but the workers still debated.

“Hey you hear that?”

“Yeah that guild is nuts.”

“They would probably do it.”

“We’re all going to die!”

“No let’s jump him! Before the others come!” One shouted angrily. All eyes went on Thunderlane as they murmured in agreement. They raised their axes and saws in unison. Thunderlane stared in disbelief and grabbed one of the swords.

Thunderlane immediately sheathed the blade and hopped to one of the trees and started climbing. “Faust damn it!” He swore as he somehow summoned the strength to climb. He managed to reach one of the lower branches and pulled himself up. With a grunt he lay down. “Looks like I’m stuck here…” He muttered.

His head jerked up as he heard the revving of saws and metal striking the trunk of the tree. “Oh no.” He tiredly spoke. He knew that the ponies could take down the tree in no time. He thought about killing them for a moment but was immediately repulsed by the idea. He decided to wait for a bit then run. He wished the back-up would arrive soon.

A large explosion caused the ponies to halt their assault. Thunderlane let out a sigh of relief as the Cake twins arrived. The mob looked unsure of themselves. “Everypony go to the corner over there. RIGHT NOW!” Pound Cake demanded. They didn’t move so Pound Cake threatened them. “Hey. All of you, see that explosion a while back? You wanna get that?”

“Umm please everypony group up over there. We’re evacuating because the forest isn’t going to be safe…” She pleaded. The ponies hurried over to the spot Pound Cake pointed at.

“Chop! Chop! Chop! Let’s go!” Pound cake hollered as he flew around the panicking ponies. Thunderlane weakly smiled and waved. “Whoa dude what happened to you?” He asked.

“What if I told you I kicked Flash Sentry’s ass?” Thunderlane boasted before breaking into a coughing fit.

“You didn’t…” Pound said in disbelief.

“Yep, but I look worse I guess. But he’s out for the count.” Thunderlane chuckled weakly at Pound’s expression. The young pony was absolutely awed by the claim.

“I GOT to hear the deets on this one. When we get back let’s trade our victories.” Pound Cake did a few loops before sitting beside Thunderlane. “But me and sis took down this Minotaur! Yeah I guess Dusk and Diane helped us too… But we took him down!” He bragged as he flexed his hooves.

Thunderlane pressed a hoof to his side and groaned in pain. Pound winced and pulled out a potion. The younger Pegasus tore the bandages off his chest and Thunderlane gritted his teeth. Handing over the potion Thunderlane greedily gulped it. “Maybe I should have checked for broken bones first.” Pound Cake swallowed.

“Naw I’m fine. I don’t think I broke any bones… But if I did I think those bounties would cover the bill.” Thunderlane slid down the tree and Pound Cake landed beside him. Giving a few experimental flexes and steps Thunderlane was convinced that he suffered no troublesome injuries. Broken bones healed poorly with potions.

“Crap we should tie the guy up.” Thunderlane muttered as he ran to where he left Flash.

“Hey sis wait here for us! We’ll be right back!” Pound promised as he flew after Thunderlane.

“Eh!? Wait Pound! Isaac said his friend would help us.” She stomped as Pound waved. “She’s Cervidae doe she’ll expect us out of here ASAP!” He yelled. She pouted and fell on her haunches.

Thunderlane and Pound cake arrived to quite a sight.

A Sentinel stone golem was lifting the unconscious pony near one of the trunks. “Hmm… Daisy a little higher.” A female voice muttered. A deer popped out from the bushes and started directing the golem. She then grabbed a few leaves with a thick brown sap and started to apply it around Flash. The Ideal was firmly glued in place.

She then smeared it all over his face and sprinkled a bunch of brown leaves on it. She grinned widely as she looked over her hoofwork. The Sentinel reached for the doe and she scampered up its head. “Isaac’s friends should be here soon I wonder if I could-“ She then stared at the two like a deer caught in headlights. “Aw, now there goes the fun.” She pouted.

“So you’re Isaac’s pal?” Thunderlane asked.

“Yeah, once you break the talismans I have to lead you ponies out.” She sighed as she hugged the Sentinel’s head. “Well I guess that’s enough fooling around for now.” She sadly concluded. “I could have played tricks on you guys.”

“I like her!” Pound Cake decided. Thunderlane grabbed Flash’s helmet and wore it.

*****

Derpy stared blankly at the pile of groaning and bloody ponies. Fluttershy wasn’t a patient one, she beat up the workers and piled them outside the cavern. They were harvesting mana crystals and Chlorophite.

Derpy heard from her sources that somepony was creating robots of all things. Rumors were that techs managed to salvage a robot of some kind. And AI templates could be created based on a pony’s mind. This was way less information than she preferred.

But Celestia’s hub of technology had the most secure facilities. Fillydelpia was the most heavily defended of her territories. Which was why Equestria’s army was most visible in the cities of Manehattan and Baltimare. Filydelpia was in between those two cities after all.

Derpy frowned as the Yellow Pegasus emerged from the cave. Grinning ear to ear the bloodied Pegasus tossed a battered mahogany brown stallion at Derpy’s hooves. “You know this hottie?” Fluttershy asked with a smile. Derpy thought that smile was too bright for a mare like this. Fluttershy pulled hard on the Stallion’s blond mane. What stood out to Derpy was the black leather jacket and his lower jaw was made of steel.

“Rusty Rails. Ideal under the Testament of Progress. Has prototype mechanical enhancements. Famous for the Bank of Baltimare heist. Carried a whole vault- which I’m sure is just an exaggeration- full of precious gemstones.” Derpy then opened a note pad and held a quill in her left wing.

Fluttershy snickered and spat out a chunk of the Stallion’s mane. “Bank of Baltimare? If shortened its BoB!” Fluttershy was crying with laughter as she rolled around.

The Stallion groaned and opened an eye. “Oh shite. Never mind Angel. This mare’s the devil I tell ya!” He then looked over to the laughing Fluttershy then at Derpy. “So what now lass? What ya gonna do? I don’t know nuthin.” He groaned and closed his eyes again.

“I doubt it. There must be something larger going on.” Derpy then dug for a book in her saddlebags. It was labeled ‘Medieval Torture Methods’. “I don’t believe you’re just here for the resources. There must be something of great importance to the grand scheme.” She insisted.

“Eh what’s that?” Fluttershy curiously asked, pointing to the book. Derpy simply tapped the cover of the book. “Torture? I don’t need a guide, between us we can come up with something even better.” Fluttershy dismissed. Taking hold of the stallion’s head she forced his mouth open. “Huh. Your teeth are all metal.” She then tossed him into a tree. “So lumber, mana stones and green metal? That’s all they’re here for?” She curiously asked.

“Well they have to be up to something bigger than this.” Derpy pondered. Her eyes unfocused for a moment before she hit her head to put it back in place. “Celestia wouldn’t just loan her men as security for a big corporation.”

“You know we could ask him.” Fluttershy pointed at Rusty Rails. “It would be simpler if I could pull out a tooth or a hoof. Well I mean I could but he seems to be doped on something.” Fluttershy frowned as she thought on how to make him talk. “I mean he hardly reacted to the damage I inflicted on him.”

“A strong painkiller I suppose. Not just his jaw but his digestive system has been replaced. Who knows what else he had to put in himself, it would be unbearable without anything to numb the pain.” Derpy concluded.

They both sat silently as they contemplated what to do. The ponies in the pile were groaning. “SHUT UP!” Fluttershy shrieked at the workers. She then shouted in frustration “Why are we even wasting our time! We just need to kick these assholes out!”

“We’re waiting for Diane’s team. We don’t have the means to transport the civillians.” Derpy stared at the Ideal. “We need to get information out of him though. I know they are up to something.”

“I’m hungry now…” Fluttershy whined.

“Resource harvesting isn’t a good enough reason to come here of all places. And they definitely aren’t going to start farms here. The talismans would render the land useless.” Derpy turned to Fluttershy. She was currently reading a book while giggling. Derpy turned red and she immediately snatched the book away.

“Hey! I was reading that.” Fluttershy complained.

“Private property!” Derpy glared at her while stuffing the book back in her bags.

Fluttershy then grinned wickedly. “I know how to make him talk now.” She said with absolute certainly. Rusty opened his eyes and slowly looked at the giggling mare. It would be cute if for not the crazed expression on her face. “Don’t you have a truth serum?” She sweetly asked.

Derpy stared at her in confusion for a bit. Her eyes widened as she pulled out a vial filled with a bubbling purple liquid. Her glasses glinted as she gave Rusty an evil smile. “This is called, Anthocyanine. It’s not some cheap drug like sodium pentothal. I inject this into you, and you talk. Everything I want to know.”

“There’s no such thing as a truth serum. And speaking o’ drugs yer the one trippin.” He insisted with a dismissive expression on his face. “Ain’t nothing gonna make me betray her Majesty.” His eyes turned flinty. “I’d die first.”

“Well it doesn’t matter. Me and Twilight developed a derivative of LSD. How could I explain it to a pony of… your intellect.” She rubbed her chin for a moment and Rusty growled. “Ah yes. As soon as I inject this into your bloodstream, you start tripping.”

“Yeah just like if you were on acid!” Fluttershy added.

“However you don’t quite get there. Just halfway. And you will become docile and answer anything I ask you, truthfully. But it has some interesting side effects.” Derpy explained.

“Wait. THE Twilight Sparkle?”

“Yes. Platinum Adventurer of Manticore Sting. Her family died on their vacation to Cloudsdale. Expelled from Canterlot University. She took degrees of medicine and arcane studies. She was performing experiments on ponies so she was expelled.” Derpy then looked sad. “You know what lengths she would go for her research yes? But I am merciful and I will give you an option. Because this drug has dire consequences.”

“I see your genitalia is still intact. But if I inject this it would be just an ornament.” She then inserted a syringe into the bottle. “The side effects will be lifelong sexual dysfunction and an inability to attain orgasm.” Rusty believed what the two mares told him and was now cowering.

“What Derps is trying to tell you is that you will NEVER be able to get it up again.” Fluttershy translated. She lunged forward and held him down. “Why are we even telling him this!? We can just inject him right!?” Rusty tried to struggle with whatever strength his limbs had left.

“NO! Get away from me! You two are crazy!” He yelled as he failed to fight Fluttershy off.

“Sadly, he leaves me with no choice.” She concluded as she slowly walked forward.

“There’s nothing else! THERE’S NOTHING ELSE!” He screamed with tears running down his face.

Fluttershy made a choking sound and slowly turned around. Blood trickled form her mouth and eyes. She spasmed and fell over. After what seemed an eternity of her retching and flailing she went still. Derpy stared in horror as her comrade fell. Her eyes rolled up and she collapsed.

“You took your sweet sweet time eh?” He sniffed. A purple blob materialized into existence. It grew stubby arms and legs, ears and dull spikes on his back. The figure crackled wickedly as it opened its crimson eyes and gave a wide grin.

“Yeah sorry about that. If that little bird saw me I was toast.” His voice echoed. The figure started digging through Derpy’s bags. “She has wings, therefore she can hurt me.” He explained if that made total sense. He giggled as he pulled out a few potions.

“What in the blazes are you talking about?” Rusty demanded. He let out a sigh of relief as his strength returned and his injuries healed partially. He groaned and stared dumbly at his comrade. Which was now injured. “What? Ghost, what gimmick was that!?”

Panting heavily Ghost landed on the ground. “Pain split. I split the damage evenly between us.” He explained. Ghost then lay down. “Heh. You really took a beating.” Rusty walked over and started sipping a potion.

“You are one weird bloke I say.” Rusty shook his head and offered a potion. Ghost declined, promptly put a dirty sock on his face and slept. Rusty marveled as Ghost’s wounds healed. A few minutes later he woke up and made retching sounds. “Ignoring your antics you’re quite powerful. Figuring you out would crack me skull in two.” Rusty muttered.

“Ugh. Alistar has the smelliest socks. Without that I wouldn’t have woke up.” He put the sock… somewhere along with other vials retrieved from Derpy.

“Thanks for the save though.” He then stared at the broken syringe on the ground. “Huh that smell seems familiar.” He sniffed the air.

Ghost pulled out the vial of ominous purple liquid. He gave the vial a few pings. Held it up to the light. Sloshed the contents for a bit. He shrugged and threw the whole thing into his mouth. Rusty reached out with his hooves as he stared in horror. Ghost crunched loudly while looking in different directions. Rusty could do nothing but stare in stunned silence.

After a while Ghost spoke again. “Glass is normal. Therefore it cannot hurt me.” He concluded as he closed his eyes. He then stared at Rusty flat-eyed and muttered. “This is grape juice.” They both stared at each other for a good while.

“Ya mean-“

“Yep.”

“She-“ He began to shake with rage and Ghost broke into laughter. Rusty walked over and kicked the grey Pegasus over and over again while screaming curses. The sound off ribs breaking sounded.

Eventually Ghost reined him in. “Whoa there. Don’t break her! She can still be useful.” Ghost insisted pulling his companion back.

“That bloody sow played me!” He then kicked one of the nearby workers. A sickening crunch and pop sounded as the body sailed over the trees.

“Even though you sounded scared. Still, Mad respect for not spilling the beans.” Ghost pointed with both hands. “Mah man! Well Stallion but that doesn’t have the same ring to it.” He shrugged as he touched the ground.

“So what are the spirits saying?” Rusty asked curiously. Ghost was no shaman but, well a ghost. Or so he said. Rusty doubted this but Celestia entrusted him with this task.

“Ooooohhhh! They’re real scared! We know about the forest. The secrets.” Ghost crackled loudly. “All of this power. Can be controlled. A weapon! Her royal stuck up will be mightily pleased!” Rusty back up a bit.

“Uh do refer to her Majesty with respect.” He scolded but his voice wasn’t firm. He was weirded out by the new Ideal. But respected him for his effectiveness and was actually fun to hang out with. “Also a power like that existing-“

“It’s real all right. And it’s for our Queen of course.” He then inhaled deeply. “The earth itself is crying out. The Great Spirit is uneasy. She has reached out. But nobody understood aside from us.” He stretched his arms out and laughed.

“Uhhh... we should get going.” Rusty Rails suggested as he placed Derpy on his shoulder.

“Yes! Many things to do~!” Ghost giggled as he disappeared. Rusty Rails stared at where he’d been before heading to reinforce his comrades. He failed to notice Fluttershy’s chest slowly going up and down.

*****

Dusk gritted his teeth as he pulled himself out of a tree. Through wet eyes he stared at the Minotaur slowly advancing. Alistar could take his time. He healed after not fighting for a bit. He simply had to outlast Dusk. Dusk fumbled with a health potion, down to his last two. Dusk cursed as the pain of his bones snapping back into place sounded. He wondered if his bones set right. Surgery had to be expensive.

Pinkie wasn’t faring any better. Her armor had been reduced to hanging steel plates on her chainmail. The Cat was too agile to be caught by her powerful blows. Pinkie was clearly struggling but her face was still absolutely calm.

“Alright I’m going to kill you.” Dusk growled out with hatred.

Dusk’s horn glowed orange as he focused on the Minotaur. Alistar flexed while looking himself over. He shrugged as he felt nothing happening to him. Dusk poured more magic into the spell and Alistar began to feel weaker. “Two spells so different from each other. And here I thought another one trick.” Alistar sounded a little impressed as he stopped a few feet from Dusk.

“I’m going to turn you into a fucking raisin.” Dusk snapped.

“Unlikely.” Alistar scoffed as he raised his hammer. A boulder knocked him over. Pinkie jumped over to a cart loaded with lumber and lifted it over her head. Dusk stared in disbelief as the cart flew through the air and landed on top of the Minotaur. With a roar the cart was knocked aside but Alistar immediately fell to his knees again. He stared in horror as his muscles slowly shrank.

“You’re not turning dark. I think I’m doing something wrong here.” Dusk gave a dark chuckle as the Minotaur clutched his chest. “I haven’t killed anyone before. At least I don’t think I have.” He pondered as the Minotaur became mostly skins and bones. “Oh but I’m going to enjoy this.” He cancelled the spell and grabbed the Warhammer. With a mighty swing Alistar’s head flew over the trees.

“Guess I’m going for a home run now.” He chuckled as teleported behind the Cat and held her down using his magic. “One for the Manticores.” He smirked as he lifted the struggling Cat into the air.

“Let go of me!” She shrieked. Dusk let her go for a moment before forcing gravity on her. Dusk smirked as the Cat growled at him.

Pinkie frowned at Dusk. “I don’t like the way you handled that.” Dusk rolled his eyes. “But the Master and I can discuss that at lengths when this is over.”

“Well what I supposed to do? Yeah leaving him alone was the best idea. My bad.” Dusk shot back.

“I’m curious about their objectives. Ideals lurking around means something serious.” Pinkie fixed her gaze on the Cat. “What are the Ideals really here for?” She demanded.

She was quiet for a while before answering. “Why resource acquisition of course.” She explained as if she was speaking to an idiot. “Quality magitech needs the best Mana Stones and Gems. Synthetic won’t cut it.” Dusk was convinced she would have raised her chin if he wasn’t keeping her down.

Pinkie stared intensely for bit before returning to her depressed look. “There is some truth to that. But all lies have some shred of truth.”

“Who is this Cat anyways? She seems to be important.”

“I recognize the crest. This is the crest of the Platinums.” Pinkie pointed to the crest on her chest. Two unicorn heads with a unicorn on top holding a sword. Roses and thorny vines surrounded. At Dusk’s blank look she added. “King Sombra currently holds the scepter of the Platinum Family. He descends from the great line of kings. The first Platinum united Equestria. It is by right-“

“King Sombra has no right to be King! He was never meant to hold the scepter! For that right only belonged to my father!” The Cat burst out as she strained against Dusk’s magic.

“Father?”

“She’s definitely adopted. Unless fertility potions are a thing.” Dusk was beginning to feel the strain of using his magic. He shrugged as he thought of that. “Let’s speed this up. Name and profession?” Dusk asked,

“Pardon me?”

“I’m going to crush you if you don’t answer my questions.” Dusk shook his head. “Say something I don’t like I’m going to crush you. Damn it you know how it goes. Name and profession.”

The Cat swallowed. “Mist… Platinum. Daughter of Lord Courageous Platinum. Ideal under Testament of Truth.”

Dusk nodded. “Pinkie go tie up the monkey.”

“Don’t call me Pinkie.”

“Please Diane?” Pinkie nodded and headed to bind Aga. “Anyways, Master didn’t give much details. But I had a dream about a desert and someone talked to me about the Everfree. I think this has connection to that.” Mist froze for a moment.

Pinkie turned to Dusk wide-eyed. “You had the vision? Spirit of Ancients, of the Great Earth Spirit?” Pinkie demanded. Dusk nodded. “…I see. I did too, we should discuss this with the others later.” She nodded after a time and went towards the still unconscious monkey.

“So I guess I’m right. I thought it was just brain damage but something was trying to reach out. Because it feels threatened.” Dusk concluded. Mist simply glared quietly. “So what are you trying to do with it? That power is definitely useful.”

To his surprise she chuckled. “You’re not quite slow as I thought. And you seem to have a wide spread of spells. And with determination and resiliency of an Earth Pony.” She praised. “You’re quite talented actually. I have the resources for you to grow and to taste anything this world has to offer. Her Majesty would consider you quite the asset.”

Dusk was silent for a time. “Yeah nice try. Answer my questions.”

“Oh? I can tell you want more. You know what you can do but you’re holding yourself back. Is the Guild worth your loyalty?” Mist questioned with a smirk.

“At least I know not to fuck with everything. Also wrong answer.” Dusk pushed more power and Mist screamed in pain. Dialing it down again he asked another question. “What are you trying to do!?”

Mist glared at him. “What? Daddy dearest wants you to capture an Ancient Spirit. Because boss lady told him too?” Dusk smiled as she continued to glare at him. “Well I can make you talk but I wouldn’t want to mess up such a pretty thing.”

“Pretty thing?”

“You’re kinda hot. Not to mention you would cute if you didn’t look so pissed.” Dusk chuckled.

Pinkie dragged over the bound monkey and stared at Dusk for a long while. “Ah. Derpy told me you were raised by cats. That would explain your preference.” Pinkie stared at her for a while. “But all races determine sexual attractiveness by curves. It’s the standard that differs however.”

“I guess.” He shrugged as one of his knives fell in front of him. “Okay new rules. I’m going to pull out your claws. I haven’t done this before. So you might lose your fingers too.”

“You wouldn’t.” Pinkie and Mist muttered at the same time.

“Then I’m going remove your tail. I’ll also cut off your ears and turn them into a kitty hairband.” Mist looked horrified at the implications. “I’d also shave you bald and make a wig and mustache. Because everybody loves mustaches.”

“Dusk.”

“You’re quite sick.”

“We want answers. And I will only stop if I get them.” Dusk was sweating, he was beginning to have difficulty sustaining the spell. “So all you have to do is answer my godamn questions!”

“He’s serious.” Pinkie assured her. “He has a bad temperament so for your sake answer our questions. I can’t stop him if gets going.”

“I will not betray what I stand for!” She shouted. “On the name of my father and my Queen I swore! You won’t break me. No matter what happens to me our mission will be accomplished!” Dusk stared at her for a few moments and sighed.

“Her conviction is steadfast Dusk. We won’t get anything out of her.” She declared. “Not that I’d let you do any of those things.” She insisted. Dusk simply rolled his eyes.

“You’re the one who wanted answers.” Aga began to stir. “But I’m sure he’ll talk.” Dusk gestured to the monkey. Dusk walked over to the groaning monkey and poked him with his hoof. “Wake up!” He turned him over and stomped on his gut.

After coughing for a while he looked up at his captors. He immediately struggled against his bonds. “Stay still!” Dusk shouted at the monkey and leaned down. “I have que- ARGH!” Aga jumped up and bit hard on Dusk’s horn and his spell was cancelled.

Mist glowed with a blue aura and the grass around them dried up. Droplets of water combined into a sphere of water and trapped Pinkie within. Clenching her paws the sphere froze and fell to the ground.

Dusk managed to remove the monkey and knock him away. His horn was broken in the middle and tears were streaming down his face. His horn was sparkling wildly as he summoned arcane bladed and launched them at Mist. She dodged them and Dusk charged forward with a knife in his mouth.

She crouched and waved her arms around sucking water out of the grass around. She formed icicles and launched them at Dusk. A few ice shards pinged off his blade but most hit him all over. He looked at her in shock as blood trickled down his horn and mouth. He fell on his side, yelling as blood pooled over the dead grass.

“A shame really. You had potential.” She spoke. Her voice had no malice, joy or anger. She just gazed at him with empty eyes.

“I’m… Only starting.” He hacked up blood. “You ain’t the end of me.” Dusk promised. “I'm going to kill you. And I'm going to turn you into some weird...” Dusk spoke with pauses. And he went into a coughing fit. “F-fuck. You.”

Mist stood there for what seemed to be an eternity. But the light in his eyes refused to go. In fact she started a fire in them. “I would grant you a swift death. I should.” Mist walked past him and sliced Aga free with an ice sword. “But you have to survive in order to acquire your revenge.”

Aga hesitantly approached and dug through his bags for the two potions he had left. “Sleep now warriror.” He walked over and kneeled in front of Mist. “My Lady. My honor speaking to me. They saying I must give him sleep.” He spoke in broken English as he offered the potions to her

“No Aga. If he is weak he will perish. If strong he will persist.” She grabbed the potions and gulped one. “My father would do the same.” Dusk let out another strangled sound. "The hate will keep him alive."

“Ghost can really absolutely do it?” Aga asked nervously as they went for the heart of the forest.

“My father know he can do it. He will bind the Ancient to his will.” Mist spoke with confidence.

Dusk’s eyes stared long after they were gone. He needed to live. He refused to stop here. His eyes darted wildly as the workers crept out of their hiding spots. He struggled to get to his hooves. He gave a crazed grin as he picked up an icicle.

He didn’t notice the black ichor fly into the air and dissipate. And the beasts circled them all.

Author's Note:

Author's Notes Position

Nothing to see here.
Edit: Yesh. 69 likes!