• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 294 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Distortion - Thunderwing250



A year has passed after the attacks on Equestria from two Bronco-Titans. Now, a new threat appears not on the surface, but under the murky aquatic depths of the planet. Journey under the sea as Twilight and her friends encounter the "War Master"

  • ...
 0
 294

Chapter 3: The Warning

Throughout the day, ponies from all over lived on their lives normally, as if nothing previous ever happened. High above, in the Galloping Gorge, explorer and writer, Daring Do entered an unknown temple filled with unusual architecture. Passing through, she came across a statue that looked aquatic, but nothing she had ever seen before.

“What is this?” she thought to herself, examining the statue.

Surprisingly, Ahuizotl stood nearby holding an ancient relic.

“Looking for this, Daring Do!” he called out, waving the relic.

Daring Do looked up.

“Ahuizotl!” she snared.

As he monologue about his success over obtaining the relic, Daring Do felt that action was required until suddenly, the statue shook. Both turned and watch the statue’s head turn towards them. With its bright blue eyes, it gave them a death stare.

“Stealing the Relic of Alantos is death mere fools.” The statue’s deep voice spoke.

Once it stopped speaking, the echo from the voice caused a massive earthquake within the Temple, sinking into the ground. Luckily, Daring Do managed to escape only to leave her trembling. As for her nemesis, no sight of him could be found and the relic she tried to take destroyed itself. Out of all the adventures she went through, this was no ordinary adventure. This temple she stumbled upon was a temple that was not meant to be found and thus whomever used it will awaken and bring fear to Equestria. Still trembling, she tried the best she could to hurry back to her home to write this part of her adventure in her books. After an hour, she arrived at her home, only to find her door opened. Ready to defend herself, a voice called out to her.

“Who’s there?” Daring Do replied back.

“Just come in, please.” The voice called out again.

Daring Do stepped into her home and saw the Archivist sitting at her seat. Observing on what the Archivist was doing, she felt her privacy was being invaded.

“I have to say, I really am enjoying your writings.” The Archivist commented.

Daring Do walked up and closed the book shut on her.

“That’s none of your current busy now. By the way, what are you doing in my house and why are you here?” Daring Do asked in annoyance.

“Well, true that it’s none of my business but your recent experience will be our business.” The Archivist said.

Daring Do walked up to her curiously.

“I’m listening…” she paused.

“Did you happen to come across any temples that had an Aquatic Statue?” the Archivist asked.

Daring Do’s eyes widened.

“How did you know about the Aquatic Statue?” she asked.

The Archivist’s facial expression was the same.

“Ironic. When did you go?” she asked.

“Just now. I went into the temple to excavate it and ran into Ahuizotl along the way, but as we were fighting over a relic, a statue turned and stared at us and said something…” Daring Do explained.

The Archivist jumped and confronted her.

“The statue? What did it say, when you touched the relic?” she said.

“I don’t remember. I was trembling so much that I just can’t remember.” Daring Do struggled.

“Try!” the Archivist yelled.

Daring Do thought back about the incident and then she remembered the haunting words the statue said.

“It said, stealing the Relic of Alantos is death…That was it.” Daring Do said.

The Archivist knew something that wasn’t supposed to occur has now brought another danger to Equestria. Only this one, is out at sea. Seeing this as an important issue, she informed Daring Do to go to Las Pegasus to assist her supposed rival, Doctor Cabaleron. Though at first she denied it, the Archivist explained their differences in one another had to be put aside for this matter involves them both. Understanding her words, Daring Do picked up her hat and headed for Las Pegasus. The Archivist hurried back to Ponyville to bring them the news for another perilous journey awaited them.

Across the western side of Equestria, out at sea, a storm brewed in on a tramp steamer vessel, commanded by Griffons, fishing and harvesting. Thunder and lightning roared in the sky as the rain and wind poured down as strong and heavy as a roaring waterfall. Struggling to reel in the nets, one griffon tripped over a rope as a massive wave hit them from port side. The Captain, steering the vessel from the storm could not hold steady as it continued to rock back and forth. Suddenly, one griffon sailor barged through the doorway.

“Captain! The Lower Haul has been breached! We gotta move away from the storm now!” he pleaded.

“I’m trying!” the captain said.

All of a sudden, the crew heard and felt a loud bang from the starboard side of the vessel and noticed it was sinking, as if something were dragging the ship down. Then all was calm and quiet. The crew looked at one another curious on what it was until a low humming sound was heard like the song of a whale. Only this one wasn’t singing, it was hunting. In an instant, another bang was felt that it breached the side of the vessel, now dragging it below the surface. Yelling at one another to abandon ship, the griffon sailors jumped ship with life rafts floating. Luckily, all the griffons jumped ship just in time as they all watched in horror as their vessel was literally being dragged to the bottom. Before it fully sunk, a loud and massive explosion rocked on the deck of the ship, creating a shockwave knocking the griffons into the water. Each one struggled to make it back onto the raft. One griffon who grabbed the raft, became petrified when he turned and saw an unknown aquatic creature, drag the ship, before it disappeared. The captain along with other griffon sailors pulled the one griffon out of the water.

“What happened? Sailor?” the Captain called out.

There was no response from the petrified griffon.

“Sailor? What did you see?” one other griffon sailor called out.

“I…saw…something. Something scary…” the petrified griffon said, before fainting.