• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 292 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Distortion - Thunderwing250



A year has passed after the attacks on Equestria from two Bronco-Titans. Now, a new threat appears not on the surface, but under the murky aquatic depths of the planet. Journey under the sea as Twilight and her friends encounter the "War Master"

  • ...
 0
 292

Chapter 5: S.O.S From Vorago's Deep

Out in Las Pegasus, Doctor Cabaleron, Amplitude, Bronze Compass, and Spectra began to scan for nearby frequencies only to receive no results. Frustrated, Amplitude got up and walked towards the doorway only to open it and be surprised that Daring Do was standing behind it.

“Welcome, Daring Do. So kind of you to join us. I believe the Archivist saw you?” Cabaleron said.

Daring Do, feeling uneasy that she was being assigned to work with a pony she considered her rival in her field of Archeology, sighed.

“Yes. I still don’t trust this.” She responded.

“Might as well spit the truth out. When we first came across one another, it wasn’t because I wanted to join you, it was I who was trying to recruit you, by order of my Master.” Cabaleron said.

“By order…of your Master?” Daring Do replied, raising an eyebrow.

“Master Alteros.”Cabaleron mentioned.

“Our father, Miss Daring Do.” Bronze Compass said.

“He wanted you to join us, because he was interested in your intellect in archeology. Yet, you wanted to work alone on your adventures. Basically, it wasn’t I who wanted to go on your adventures. That’s your thing. He only wanted you to join on certain occasions. This event in particular.” Cabaleron concluded.

Daring Do dropped her head, trying to analyze his words.

“What do you need me to do?” she spoke.

“We are currently analyzing a frequency from the ocean, but I need you to gather the information you came across at the Alantos’ Temple. While doing that, go to the libraries and search for a book on the third floor, second aisle, number 5427. We need that book.” Cabaleron said.

“Of course.” Daring Do replied.

“Bronze, go with her. The library in this city is big so having two looking for the book will be easier.” Cabaleron replied.

“What’s in the book, anyway?”

“It’s a journal that was written by father, and left it for a few of us to access.” Spectra said.

Daring Do and Bronze Compass then left the room, leaving Cabaleron, Amplitude, and Spectra still scanning the frequency. As they continued to scan throughout the afternoon, Twilight and the Archivist arrived at Canterlot Castle, where news awaited them in the throne room. Inside, Ambassador Gronk of the Griffon Kingdom demanded answers, accusing of a crime they didn’t commit.

“My good ambassador, this event out a sea was unexpected. Thus we did not even know such an incident occurred.” Princess Celestia spoke.

“You didn’t know? An entire vessel commanded by the Griffons sunk. Explain to me, how one of our biggest vessels sunk? The only type of power would be the unicorns and alicorns.” The Ambassador angrily responded.

“Sir, please be calm. We are troubled by this too, but we are trying our best to resolve this problem without any international conflicts.” Princess Luna calmly responded.

The Griffon Ambassador could only feel rage, along with his associates, blaming the alicorns for their troubles. Suddenly, Twilight walked in along with the Archivist which surprisingly the griffons became silent. As she passed, she looked at every single one of them, only to turn away in disgust. The Ambassador grinned at her, as she smiled passed him.

“Out of all the visits I’ve been too, I can’t believe we have run into each other, again.” The Ambassador said.
“Well, it’s nice to see you, my former love.” The Archivist smirked.
“Nice to see you again, witch. But since these Princesses don’t know, why don’t you entertain us on what kind of creature would drag…” Grotto was interrupted.

“…creature would pull down an entire vessel? I may have the answer, but may not be 100%. First off, guards…please leave us and lock the doors shut. No pony is to listen to this conversation other than us.” The Archivist said.

The guards in the room looked at one another and were signaled by Twilight to leave the room. As they left the doors were locked shut and silence was in the room.

“My associates are currently out in Las Pegasus to scan frequencies on this unknown sound that was heard quite a few times. However, it failed for it caused a major disruption on the recording.”

“A distorted sound?” one griffon associate said.

“That is correct.” The Archivist answered.

“Well, that’s very nice news. Now will you tell us what sunk our ship…” the ambassador spoke.

“…before we answer on what sunk your ship, you will tell ME…where was the ship when it sunk. Location is the key to identifying the solution.” The Archivist interrupted.

The Ambassador, Grotto paused and looked at his associates. One griffon walked up with a map of the ships last location. The Princesses, the Archivist, and the Ambassador looked at the map and the ambassador point the location where the ship was last seen. Immediately, when the Ambassador pointed the location of the ships location, the Archivist smacked the Ambassador over the head. Everyone in the room jumped and yelled out to the Archivist.

“What was that for?” the ambassador Grotto said.

“What the hell was your ship doing above Vorago’s Deep? Tell me, GROTTO!” the Archivist yelled.

The griffon associates drew their weapons only to halt when the ambassador stuck out his hand. Struggling to get up he began breathing heavily annoyed and embarrassed.

“You tell me. Who altered their direction? Because it wasn’t us.” Ambassador Grotto yelled back.

The Archivist began to breathe heavily from her rage. She knew exactly what may have sunk their ship. And to reveal it would bring global panic. Instead, she turned and walked out to the balcony, silently. Twilight looking at all of them, walked to the Archivist. She looked up to her, only to see her tearing.

“I have never been so wrong in my life. And my former love interest proved it to me.” She cracked.

“What? What’s so important about that location?” Twilight asked.

“I’ll tell you later. Let’s just go back inside.” The Archivist suggested.

Walking back inside after cooling off, she apologized for her actions and continued the conversation. After an hour, they have received all the information on what could be the result of it. Strong storms that sent the vessel off course. Believing it was an accident, the meeting had concluded, yet the Princesses felt troubled. They thought the solution was too obvious and that more information was missing. Princess Celestia turned to her sister and to Twilight.

“Luna, if you manage to pass over Las Pegasus, let me know what you see. Twilight, keep staying near the Archivist because I seriously doubt she told the truth.” Princess Celestia asked.

“Of course.” Both Twilight and Luna responded.

Twilight had to agree with her mentor, though. The Archivist seemed to be hiding something.

“What are you going to do?” Twilight asked.

“We will double the guards here in case something bad occurs.” Princess Celestia said.

In the back of her mind, however, the Princess was planning something now that such an incident like this occurred. Something had to be resolve even if that means interrogating. As Twilight left the castle, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna watched as Twilight walked beside the Archivist. Luna turned and called to her guards.

“Follow them to Las Pegasus but keep your distance. When the time comes. Capture her and her associates.” Princess Luna ordered.

“Yes, your majesty.” The guard said taking flight.

“It’s about time we start receiving answers, sister.” Princess Luna said.

“I highly agree with you, sister.” Princess Celestia replied.