• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 294 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Distortion - Thunderwing250



A year has passed after the attacks on Equestria from two Bronco-Titans. Now, a new threat appears not on the surface, but under the murky aquatic depths of the planet. Journey under the sea as Twilight and her friends encounter the "War Master"

  • ...
 0
 294

Chapter 14: The Last Threat

Along the beach, Cabaleron and Daring Do continued their quick observance of the area and marked it down as a point of interest. Curious, Daring Do picked up her head towards Cabaleron.

“I never had the chance to say this, but I am sorry.” Daring Do said.

“For what?” Cabaleron asked.

“For all the troubles in the past. It’s just, that I’m as young as them and that not having a partner makes it easier for me to keep cautious. If I had a partner, I would worry about them too much.” Daring Do replied.

Cabaleron exhaled.

“I see. Apology accepted. Now, I need a favor from you.” he replied, smiling.

Daring Do tilted her head in curiosity.

“You have taken on the form of a seapony several times before Twilight and her friends could achieve it. I need you to go with them in that form.” Cabaleron continued.

“A seapony? But I only transformed into one whenever I visited the ancient temples of the gulf seas? And that was over ten different times, trying to examine it.” Daring Do said.

“Which is why you are going with them. You have lots of knowledge of underwater temples and that having an extra pony to help them with the info will be extremely important. You could write it as one of your adventures if you think about it.” Cabaleron replied.

Daring Do began to blush.

“But…you know how I am. I tend to get shy on how I look as a seapony. But if that’s what you and the Archivist need. I gladly accept. These creatures are roaming our planet causing devastation…I won’t allow that to happen.” She said.

Cabaleron nodded in satisfaction. Soon they looked out, noticing the sunset dimming and the moon in the sky. Knowing it was time to return, they marked their area of interest and returned to the lab. As they walked away, a dark shadow slowly resurfaced as an eye opened like a crocodile seeking its prey, silently and deadly. Within seconds, it went under and disappeared.
At the lab, the Archivist and Discord were viewing the scanners until a recording was heard on the hydrophones. Trying to examine it, it deeply surprised them that it was the Bronco-Titan, but wasn’t roaring in anyway. He was singing.

“Echolocation! He’s singing as a way of communicating, but it’s a response we cannot answer. Only seaponies can understand what he’s saying.” Amplitude said.

“He’s singing like a whale, Amplitude.” Spectra commented.

“Oh and how do you know that?” Amplitude rudely replied.
“Have you forgotten, we are the children of the Master of Alterations? With father teaching us alteration spells, I do happen to possess the Seapony Transformation Spell, giving me the ability to not only transform into one, but understand certain things most ponies cannot not. In this case, I’m telling you that he’s probably singing to alert the other aquatic creatures to stay away.” Spectra said.

Amplitude stood speechless for a moment. Yet, he had to agree they were taught some alterations spells and his youngest sister happen to have the seapony spell.

“Well, you and I spend most of the time here and that she’s the one who takes on the form to dive and scan the frequencies. Yet, as you said, seaponies can understand what he’s saying so when she transformed into a seapony, she was able to understand him.” Bronze Compass said.

“Lucky girl.” Amplitude said under his breath

Spectra giggled.

Cabaleron and Daring Do soon walked through the door and looked around. Discussing the plan, Spectra felt uncomfortable at the fact Daring Do was to dive with the other ponies. However, she felt her role was needed as well. As they discussed a new plan, all were in agreement and soon went off to bed, awaiting for the early morning. Towards midnight, up the coastline stood a power plant along with ship docks. Sailor ponies, going through their usual routine, looked around noticing waves were becoming choppy. Feeling that a storm is brewing, they finished with their current patrol and returned back to their headquarters. Suddenly, an alarm from the power plant began to sound off. One worker ran up from the docks and informed the sailor ponies that something had infiltrated the pumps. Informing them, the sailors ran outside, only for the docks to break with wood flying into the air. Quickly then, set off the alarm to all incoming ships to stay away. Something was attack them. Up at the power plant, workers noticed one of the boilers overheating only to flee as it exploded in a massive explosion.
Back onto the docks, the creature bang its head under the office floor, knocking furniture on its side. With its immense power, a lantern that stood over head fell and shatter, spreading oil and fire throughout the office. Safely out of the office, the building exploded as oil leaked onto the deck, engulfing the ships in flames only to explode a few seconds later. Now desperate to save themselves from this disaster, both sailor and worker ponies fled the plant as it continued to explode like bombs going off in a warzone. One sailor turned and spotted a creature in the water only to splash his tail up and down. Calling his co-workers, one yelled out in terror.

Strangely, while everypony was sleeping Cabaleron awoke from the sound of the explosion and went to the roof to observe. Surprisingly, the Archivist was their watching the power plant explode along with the shipping docks. When he looked at the bay, it was no mistake, Titannus was attack the plant and docks. He turned and noticed the Archivist with a very anger mood.

“I’ll get the equipment ready for tomorrow morning.” Cabaleron exhaled.

“I’ll send word to the General about this incident…” The Archivist replied.

She continued to watch the disaster as the fire continued to grow and explosions getting bigger.

“He’s not showing any mercy this time. We need to stop him immediately because all I see from him is total destruction.” The Archivist continued.

Cabaleron turned and walked back to the lab.

“Enjoy your destruction while you can fish-face. We’re coming for you.” The Archivist thought to herself.

Over in Canterlot, Princess Luna’s spies arrived to report the news in Las Pegasus. With both Lune and Celestia hearing the report, they knew what had to be done. Princess Celestia turned to them.

“Once their mission is complete or so. Arrest them. All four of them.” She ordered.

“On what charge, if they ask?” one spy asked.

“Espionage.” Princess Luna quickly replied.

“Understood, your majesties.” The spies replied, before disappearing into thin air.