• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 292 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Distortion - Thunderwing250



A year has passed after the attacks on Equestria from two Bronco-Titans. Now, a new threat appears not on the surface, but under the murky aquatic depths of the planet. Journey under the sea as Twilight and her friends encounter the "War Master"

  • ...
 0
 292

Chapter 17: The Fall of Titannus

The Archivist turned to him with her eyes widened. Reckless as he is, the Archivist called out to him, but the storm was too fierce and loud. As the sailor ponies set up the cannons, StoneColt ordered them to open fire as each cannon went off in an explosion. Blasting cannonballs into the water, Titannus dodged each one as he charged for the steamer. Impacting its hull, the ship began to take in water, fast.

“General! Hull’s been breached!” one crewmember called out.

StoneColt, ignoring the call, ordered the sailors to continue firing. With thunder, rolling in the sky, waves reaching unexplained heights, the battle continued to be chaotic, until finally the ship was slowly tilting on its side.

“That’s it. Abandon Ship!” StoneColt shouted.

As the ponies hurried to the long boats, a loud metallic screech was heard. When they looked, the ship was yanked, knocking them off their hooves. Not realizing it, one crew member ran to the bow of the ship. He noticed the anchor they had set down was moving.

“Report!” StoneColt called out.

Before he could responded, the stern of the ship was lifted up from the water and the bow of the ship, being pulled down.

“TITANNUS IS PULLING US DOWN!” he yelled out.

“EVERYPONY! GET OFF THE SHIP!” StoneColt shouted.

As the ponies jumped off, Titannus continued pulling the tramp steamer below the surface of the water, until it slowly disappeared. Quickly swimming through the powerful storm, Twilight and her friends resurfaced just in time to rescue the ponies. Hurrying to the main tramp steamer, The Archivist, Cabaleron, Amplitude, Bronze Compass and the crew members assisted the ponies on board. Just before Twilight and her friends could start climbing Titannus’ tail threw them high in the air and slamming it into the hull of the ship. Badly hit, the ponies hurried below deck to cover the damage. With their quick thinking and timing, they were able to keep the ship from sinking.
Twilight’s friends, along with Daring Do soon shapeshifted back into their normal forms. Without wings, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack fell from the sky only to be saved by Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Daring Do. Twilight and Spectra landed back in the water still, in their seapony forms. Twilight breathing heavily from the fall looked over and noticed Titannus staring at her. Observing her surroundings, the second ship was gone, leaving only the primary ship still above. Not willing to lose any more ponies she signaled Titannus as she held the Element of Distortion. Titannus snared at her as Twilight’s pupils slit like a deadly viper.

“You want it, wretch. Come and get it.” Twilight jumped back into the water and swam off.

Sensing this, the Archivist noticed Twilight’s “dark-side” was growing due to the threat against her friends. Now intimidated by her words, Titannus charged with all his power. Her friends tried to reach her, but sustained injuries from before. The Archivist called the ponies over as she swam to the other ship, but surprisingly Alteros was nowhere in sight. Immediately, changing the ponies back into their normal forms, they climbed aboard the last vessel, leaving only Spectra and the Archivist in the water. Expressing her disappointment about Alteros, Spectra decided to swim after Twilight. The Archivist yelled out to her, but she ignored. In Spectra’s mind, she knew that her father was treating Twilight the same way as she was treated in the beginning. Too young, too inexperienced. That is going to change, she thought. As crazy as she is, she wanted to remind her father, where ever he was that both she and Twilight have guts and would do anything to protect the ones they cared about.

Only a few miles off the coastline, Twilight went towards the rocks to rest temporally only to be surprised by Titannus as he appeared behind her. Throwing her in the air and slamming his tail down, the ponies watched in horror on the ship as their friend was sent under the surface. Trying to assist, they couldn’t fight their injury. Twilight resurfaced only to have Titannus once again jump out with his mouth open, but Spectra pulled Twilight down, barely missing the Bronco-Titan. As the two, quickly swam closer and closer to the rocks, Titannus used his magic firing an electric beam from his unihorn, knocking out both Spectra and Twilight. Lying helplessly on the rocks, Spectra struggled to her hooves, standing on the badly injured Twilight.

“Father. You’ve always considered me naïve along with Twilight. From there, you felt disgraced that I was your daughter, and treated Twilight the same way. If you truly care about me, your daughter…save us. Save me.” She whispered.

Closing her eyes as Titannus jumped towards them, Alteros reappeared knocking away Titannus as he slammed into a set of rocks landing back in the water. Both the Sailor and Pegasus ponies cheered as Alteros appeared, standing over both Spectra and Twilight.

“You heard me…” she teared.

“True, I may be one strict father, but I only did it to teach you that there are others out there who will put you down and keep you down. I wanted you to stand up for yourself and at this point, you have. As for Twilight and I should mention Sunset Shimmer…you are all very much like each other. Young, naïve at times, break certain rules, but learn how to do one thing…have confidence and courage.” Alteros spoke.

Twilight looked up and noticed both Alteros and Spectra. Struggling to get up, she realized both her and Spectra were still in their seapony forms. However she was still in possession of the Element of Distortion. Sensing its power, Titannus stood up and roared out at Alteros.

“Time to lock you up again, Titan.” Alteros roared back as he charged.

Both alicorns then fought fiercely like two angry lions fighting over a lioness. Throwing each other in and out of the water and using their magic, the other ponies arrived at the docks and Twilight’s friends hurried to the beach. Daring Do, Cabaleron, the Archivist, and Discord followed from behind. Shapeshifting back to their normal selves, Twilight put the Element of Distortion around her neck. They all turned and saw the battle between both alicorns and had to work fast if they are to defeat the Bronco-Titan. Looking at the Element, Twilight exhaled.

“We have to get to higher ground and close enough to beat Titannus.” Twilight said as she looked over and saw a cliff approximately a mile away.

Galloping as fast as they could, both Twilight and her friends felt uneasy. Daring Do and Spectra laughed.

“That’s the side effect from the seapony forms.” Daring Do.

“Dizziness to be specific.” Spectra said.

As the battle continued, Alteros bit Titannus’ tail, throwing him at the edge of the cliff. Breathing heavily, he knew his power was running out.

“You can’t win, Titannus. I have already won.” Alteros boasted.

“No! When I am finished with you, I will deal with those pathetic ponies and your children, Alteros!” Titannus snared.

Feeling extremely threatened, Alteros charged only to be hit in the head and knocked down to the ground. Not moving, Titannus stepped on his head.

“Who is the victor now, Guardian?” he spoke.

“Hold it right there!” Applejack shouted out.

Turning his head, he saw Twilight and her friends together. Behind them stood, the Archivist, Daring Do, Cabaleron, Discord, and Alteros’ children. Continuing to boast about his victory, Spectra ran next to Twilight taking the Element and wearing it.

“Use your Rainbow Powers and I’ll use my powers to combine the Element to your power.” She insisted.

Twilight agreeing with her, summoned her Rainbow Powers along with her friends. Titannus readied himself by charging his magic.

“Give me your worst!” Titannus intimidated the ponies.

Firing their magic, Titannus blocked it with his own magic. Willing to use all their magic, the ponies pressed on, but Titannus’ power was way too strong, until the Element’s true power was fired. Spiraling around the rainbow beam, Titannus was knocked back. Still trying to hold his ground, Alteros jumped up and charged at Titannus as the beam knocked both alicorns off the cliff, crashing into the water down below. In horror, Spectra, Amplitude, and Bronze Compass ran to the edge to see their father. Unfortunately, he was gone. Within seconds, Alteros flew out of the water and ascended high into the sky, before disappearing. Down below, they noticed Titannus did not resurface making them victorious. As tough as this entire battle was, Twilight and everypony on Equestria were once again able to breathe a sigh of relief. The strongest of the Bronco-Titans was finally defeated. Trying to catch their breath, Royal Soldiers appeared from behind surrounding Doctor Cabaleron, the Archivist, and StoneColt.

Twilight tried to stop them, but failed to do so. Asking them why, she was not permitted to stop them. The Archivist turned to Twilight and nodded her head. It was the only way. StoneColt, annoyed on why he was being arrested was chained by the hooves. Suddenly, the three of them looked and noticed Doctor Hooves was among them, who was arrested earlier. Willing to accept their fate, the four of them were escorted off onto a carriage and were lifted away. Not only upset, but angry Twilight tried to follow them but Discord held her back.

“No Twilight. They know what they are doing.” He said.

Twilight turned and could only pound the ground in anger. In comfort, her friends surrounded her, including Spectra and Daring Do. Curious on why, Discord recommended them to take a rest, from their injuries and once fully recovered, they would go to Canterlot to discuss the issues. Throughout the rest of the day, entering nightfall, the ponies returned to the lab and each one fell asleep. Twilight, however couldn’t sleep and continued to feel uneasy. What did the Archivist and her associates do? Was this all a trap? What could have happened? Finally, with all these thoughts running through her mind, collapsed on her pillow and fell asleep.