• Published 24th Aug 2015
  • 4,038 Views, 125 Comments

Nature of The Experiment - Cracked Egg

  • ...
19
 125
 4,038

Chapter 3 - Recover

“Yes, I’ll take those floppy disks to go, thank you miss…”

Everypony turned to look at my head.

“It talked?!” Rainbow Dash put her hooves to her head in disbelief.

Fluttershy flew up in Rainbow Dash’s face and put a stern hoof into her front.

“It was just a confused creature, you didn’t have to hurt it! Now go help it out of those trees.”

Rainbow Dash, a little shaken up, zipped over to my head and began trying to dislodge it from the tree trunk.

While she was trying to remove my poor beak from the offending plant, Twilight spoke up.

“Well, everypony, let’s take this… whatever it is back to Fluttershy’s house and see what we can do. I’d really like to examine it’s inner workings!”

Fluttershy stomped a hoof on the ground. “I would like to make sure that it is cared for and rested after Rainbow Dash had attacked it, the poor thing.”

Twilight looked at the large crater.

What could possibly be so powerful?

“Hey, could I get a little help over here? This head isn’t budging.”

[|||]

Baa badaaah, baa badaaah…

Oh for the love of…

I slapped a blue arm onto my head, in an effort to facepalm.

I really hate that song.

Curse you Bill, and your old timey tunes…

I shook my head and slowly sat up. I took a gander at my surroundings, and noticed I was in a house. A proper house, kind of spacious, and Pokemon were everywhere.

Wait, what?

I did a double take, and sure enough, there were Pokemon in the household. They didn’t look like any kinds of Pokemon I recognized, though. I shook my head a bit more, and the song looped and started playing again.

Oh how I wish it would shut up.

I noticed a standing mirror over near a sofa, and hovered over to it. I began a good examination of myself. I had been bandaged in a few places, one of them being my beak. My torso had a few band-aids on it, but overall I looked okay.

Except I happened to see my eyes.

For a moment there, I could have sworn I was hallucinating. Yet there it was, a very odd pattern that made up my eyes. It looked like a black ring, then a yellow ring, then a black ring, then another yellow ring, and finally a black pupil. Like an elongated dart board.

I looked insane.

I shook my head and floated over to the collection of Pokemon over in the corner. A few of them were either cowering in fear of me, or ready to attack me at a moment’s notice. I slowly put a blue flipper in front of a rabbit.

It sniffed my arm a bit, then sat down. I started petting it, and it tapped it’s little foot into the floor in happiness. I chuckled at the adorable sight, and the critters relaxed. I heard a noise coming from another room, so I turned to see what it was.

The yellow pegasus had fluttered into the room, carrying a tray holding teacups and sandwiches. The whole display looked adorable. I blinked a few times before rising up. The rabbit hopped away.

“Oh, what are you doing up?”

The pegasus set a tray on an end table next to the sofa I had been resting in.

I spoke again, only to be met with a confusing, disturbing, and intriguing result.

“I have no idea where I am.”

My voice sounded like someone had taken a recording of my voice, put it through autotune, then played it back on a malfunctioning television. I was startled for a moment before regaining my composure.

The pegasus nodded.

“You’re in my home! I was looking after you, and I wanted to make sure you were ok. Um, I mean, you were hurt, so…”

She trailed off and was now looking at the floor in embarrassment.

Still adorable.

“May I ask, where am I, what are you, and what happened?”

I like to get to the point, but there’s a feeling that I just cannot get off of me. Like a feeling I’m being watched. I looked around a bit, and noticed a flower pot on the end table now had an eye staring at me.

While I was having a staring contest with the plant, I got the answers to my questions.

She giggled, and said, “You’re right outside Ponyville, Equestria. I’m Fluttershy, and my friend Rainbow Dash had attacked you. I’m so so very sorry about that. She can be a little rash at times.”

I nodded, not taking my eyes off the plant, nor it taking it’s red and yellow eye off me.

I glared at it.

“Alright Fluttershy, so what are you in terms of species, and why is your plant staring at me?”

Fluttershy seemed a bit confused at my second question, but answered anyway.

“Um, I’m a pegasus, have you not seen one before?”

She looked over at the plant.

“What do you mean… oh, hello Discord! I didn’t know you would stopping by!”

The eye split into two, and a mouth appeared on the pot.

“Yes, well, neither did I.”

There was a white flash, and a mix-and-match creature was in the place of the plant.

I stared in absolute confusion and wonder.

What IS this place?!

Author's Note:

I was having an internal debate about this whole thing.

Next is Discord.

Wish me luck.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.