• Published 24th Aug 2015
  • 4,029 Views, 125 Comments

Nature of The Experiment - Cracked Egg

  • ...
19
 125
 4,029

Chapter 7 - Brave Bird

It was a completely average day for Ponyville. The sun was shining, the birds sang their tunes, and the pegasi pushed the clouds. The ponies went about their day as they always did. So when a cyan, rainbow-maned pegasus suddenly shot out of the sky and crashed right into a red and blue floating bird, nopony looked twice. They just walked on.

Yes, completely normal.

"We have got to stop meeting like this." I groaned, after the pegasus had flew into me like a speeding Bullet Seed.

"Alright, what the hay are you doing here?" She interrogated, sticking her muzzle up against my beak.

I glared at her. "I was about to make a visit to your dear friend Twilight. Also, could you do me a favor and let me up?"

Rainbow Dash had me pinned by my arms and was holding me to the ground. It was then I got an idea.

An awful, awful idea.

I lidded my eyes into an attempted seductive gaze at her, "Even if I do like a girl on top of me, there's a time and a place, you know."

The prismatic mare dropped her jaw in shock, jumped into the air away from me, and twisted her face in disgust in one fluid motion. It was both amusing and interesting to see the amount of agility this one pony had. She crossed her arms and turned her head away from me.

"Sorry, but I ain't interested!" She denied, red in the face from what I just said.

I rose to the air, and laughed. It wasn't the usual good-hearted chuckle you have after a joke, it was a full on guffaw. I spun around in the air from my laughter, and was clutching my torso. This pegasus was just too much fun to mess with. I finally stopped my cackling to notice she was even more embarrassed.

I shook my head. "Calm down. I'm a semi-organic automaton with a floating head and no gender, there's nothing that statement could have meant besides 'get off of me'. Besides, you did buck me into a tree."

Rainbow Dash shook her head rapidly and looked back towards me in shock once more. These ponies were ridiculously expressive, and it was hilarious. I stifled more laughter and regained my composure.

Offering a blue limb towards her, I decided to try a better introduction. "I'm Lenkar Glitch, and you are?"

The cyan pegasus grasped my flipper with a hoof and shook. "Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in Equestria. So, what are you?"

She lazily flew circles around me, looking at me from all sides. "I have never seen anything like you before."

"I'm a Porygon-Z. A species of Pokemon." I said, in a tone mimicking that of many Pokemon Professors from my world.

Rainbow Dash titled her head in confusion, "What's a Pokemon?"

I cleared my "throat" again, before realizing I may not have even needed to, and began the common speech usually reserved for trainers starting their journey into the world. Yet before I could get a word out, it seemed Rainbow Dash had recognized the way I was about to begin lecturing, and started waving her arms about in panic.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! I don't need an egghead lecture, forget I asked."

I stopped, and nodded. She breathed a sigh of relief like she had just been saved from a life or death situation.

I shook my head at her antics, and said, "Alright fine. So, are you going to stop tackling me every time you see me? Because that needs to stop."

I crossed my arms in front of me, while Rainbow Dash folded hers in thought. Her face brightened as she got an idea, and threatening put her face in front of mine.

"How about a race?"

I squinted my eyes. I remembered most flying types would either attack the other flying type invading it's territory to knock it out of the air, or just race it. Whoever survived won. Considering this mare introduced herself as the fastest of her kind in the country, I'd really need to be prepared for such an event.

"Alright, why not?" I said, internally doing a run through of Porygon-Z's possible moves. I already knew Magnet Rise and Lock-On, so I added Agility to the mix for good measure. Rainbow Dash moved back, and we both shook on it.

"Awesome! I'm so gonna win. Catch you later!" She said, and energetically zoomed in a rainbow blur, blowing up a few clouds as she went.

Show off.

I chuckled, folded my arms behind me, and turned towards the library once more.

[|||]

Twilight Sparkle was not having a fantastic day.

Rushing left and right, the lavender alicorn was grabbing multiple books in her magic and sorting them along the shelves. She then ran over to her desk, dipped a quill into an inkwell, and wrote a letter at breakneck speed.

Spike just stood there with his arms crossed, watching Twilight rush to and fro with books, parchment, and any other number of supplies. She quickly wrapped up the scroll in a ribbon, put a seal on it, and dropped it in front of Spike, all in one motion.

"Sorry Spike I'm really busy could you send that for me?", she said at a rapid pace, still trying to organize her notes.

The purple and green dragon rolled his eyes and picked up the scroll. Holding it in front of himself, he blew his firey breath onto it, converting it to a magic smoke as it flew out the window towards Princess Celestia.

"Ok thanks Spike you're the best!" She shouted, as she ran upstairs.

Spike huffed, and was about to go make dinner when there was a knock at the door.

He grumbled under his breath all the way over to the door, and opened it.

"Yes how may I help..."

He trailed off at the sight of the being in front of him.

"...you?"

Author's Note:

You know, every time I look at the word count, I shake my head and think, "I know I can write more."

Yet I just cannot get enough words to do so.

If anyone needs me, I'm going to be knee-deep in dictionaries and thesauruses.



Constructive criticism is not appreciated.

Just kidding, it is.