• Published 27th May 2012
  • 2,166 Views, 65 Comments

Tales of a Brony: Friendship - YourPrivateNightmare

  • ...
6
 65
 2,166

Chapter 2: To Canterlot and beyond

Chapter 2: To Canterlot and beyond

We were waiting at the Ponyville train station. The train would depart in five minutes.

“Where are Rarity and Spike? They’re missing the train.” Twilight moaned.

Rarity was, in fact, late. We had arranged to meet at the train station at 12 o’ clock, but now it was half an hour later.

“I guess we’ll have to leave without them.”

Then I suddenly spotted a glamorous white mare in the crowd of waiting Ponies. And I heard her...

“Hurry up, Spike. I don’t want to miss the train because of you dallying.” She nagged.

I rolled my eyes. Then I saw Spike slowly crawling towards us, and I saw why:

He was carrying a pile of heavy bags. It was obvious what was going on.

“Rarity, do you really think you’ll need all that stuff? I mean we’re just staying there for like three days...” I asked.

“Oh, Darling, you have no idea what a LADY needs.”

I sighed.

“What is it, that makes my little dragon friend be so madly in love with her?” I asked myself.

The train whistled.

“Hurry now, or otherwise we’ll miss it.” I commented.

“Hhhhhelp...me...” Spike wheezed.

I sighed again.

Then I used my magic to lift the bags off his back and carried them into the train. Eventually we managed to get onto the train and found our compartments. Then the train departed...

I lay down on my seat. Finally some time to relax. I looked out of the window and watched the scenery pass by. I noticed Twilight, placing herself next to me, leaning her head against my shoulder.

“This is going to be beautiful...” She mumbled.

She rubbed her head against my head.

“Xenos...I was thinking...” Twilight suddenly spoke up. “I think, you should meet my family...”

“What?!”

“I mean we’re together for about a month now... Don’t you think...they should know about us?”

I wasn’t sure. Of course they had the right to know about their relationship. They were her parents.

“Fine, you’re right.” I sighed. “We probably got some time before the exhibition starts, so we can visit them then.”

Twilight smiled and kissed me on the cheek. Then she snuggled against my side and started dozing. I felt my face turning red and smiled. Her fur was soft and warm. I kissed her on the forehead and rested my head on her flank.

“Eeyup...It IS going to be beautiful.” I smiled.

Then I closed my eyes and tried to sleep a little.

...

The train conductor woke me up.

“Arriving at Canterlot train station in a few minutes.” He announced.

I blinked...

“Hey...Twilight...time to get up...”

I heard her chuckle.

“I already woke up half an hour ago, sleepyhead.” She giggled.

I stood up, stretched my legs and yawned.

“I better go and look after Spike and Rarity.” I said and left the compartment.

When I entered theirs I nearly “d’aaaaaw”ed at the adorable sight.

Rarity lay on her seat, while Spike, curled up like a cat, snuggled against her belly. They both were asleep.

“Wake up you little love-birds.” I joked.

Rarity slowly opened her eyes, noticed Spike, shrieked, and pushed the little dragon off the bench. He landed ruggedly on the floor.

“Oh my, Spike I’m sorry.” She apologized. “You nearly scared me to death.

“It’s...ouch...okay.” He mumbled.

Rarity turned to me.

“Have we arrived already?” She asked with a dizzy voice.

“Almost.” I responded. “I’ll better leave you two alone now.” I said with knowing smile.

“Wait! What? No it’s not...” Rarity stammered, but I already left their compartment.

“Revenge!” I thought with a winning grin.

Finally we stopped at the station. We took our luggage and exited the train. The view was amazing. Canterlot really deserved to be the capital of Equestria.

Twilight noticed me staring at the city.

“Pretty impressive, huh?” She smiled.

“y- yeah...” I stammered.

We walked through the city to find our hotel. I noticed that there were mostly unicorns in the streets. We eventually reached the Canterlot Grand Hotel and checked in. Our rooms were on the second floor. We used the magic elevator to get up there.

“So, Twilight Darling, I will get myself ready for the exhibition, and you?”

“Xenos and I are going to visit my parents. Right, Xenos?”

“...yeah...” I grumbled.

“I should have never agreed to that.”

“Have fun.” Rarity chirped then disappeared into her room.

Spike followed her, with a big grin on his face.

“Thanks...” He whispered when he passed me.

We left our luggage in the room, then headed for Twilight’s parent’s home.

After we knocked at the door, a blue stallion opened the door. It was Twilight’s dad. His face immediately brightened up.

“Twilight, what are you doing in Canterlot. What a lovely surprise.” He said.

Then he noticed me.

“And who’s that?” He asked curiously.

“Can we...talk about that inside, maybe?” Twilight asked.

“Uhm...okay...” He answered with an inquiring look on his face.

When we entered the living room we were greeted by Twilight’s Mom and...Shining Armor! They looked surprised.

“Look who’s here.” Twilight’s dad said happily.

“Oh Twilight, what a surprise.” Her mother said.

“Sis, what are you doing here?” Shining Armor asked with a smile.

“The better questions would be: What are you doing here? Don’t you have duties as the captain of the Royal guards?”

“It’s my day off.” He smirked.

Then they noticed me.

“Don’t you want to introduce your friend?” Twilight’s mother asked.

Twilight looked from her family to me and back to her family. Then she sighed.

“Mom...Dad...Shining...this is Xenos...my coltfriend...”

Awkward silence.

“Uhm...hi?”

Then, suddenly her parent’s faces brightened.

“Oh, Twilight, that’s wonderful. You finally found yourself a handsome stallion.”

I blushed.

“Yeah...” Shining Armor said. You could literally feel the ice in his voice.

I cleared my throat.

“Uhm...thank you...”

“You have a very strange name. Where do you come from?” Shining asked suspiciously.

“I- I come from-...uh---“I stammered.

“He comes from far away.” Twilight quickly finished my sentence.

“I see...” Shining said.

He obviously didn’t like me.

The next hour I spent telling them about my job, and how I met Twilight. They were pretty surprised when I told them about our invitation to the art exhibition (except for Shining Armor, of course).

Suddenly someone knocked at the door.

“Come in, it’s open Twilight’s father said, then a royal pegasus guard entered the living room and saluted.

“Captain, an emergency. We need you at the Royal Palace to command the units. Now!” He said in a military voice.

With the calmness of a professional soldier, he put on his armour and exited the house.

“We should probably follow him. I want know what’s the matter.” Twilight said and followed her brother.

I was alone with Twilight’s parents now.

“I should...probably...go too. It was nice to meet you, bye.” I said and dashed out of the house.

The two unicorns shared an odd look.

“He’s...nice.”

“Yeah...”

END OF CHAPTER 2