• Published 27th May 2012
  • 2,166 Views, 65 Comments

Tales of a Brony: Friendship - YourPrivateNightmare

  • ...
6
 65
 2,166

Chapter 8: Crushing trees

Chapter 8: Crushing trees

I knew it even before I entered the house. The dulled music I could hear from outside, the flickering lights I could see through the windows. There was only one possible conclusion.

“Pinkie Pie!”

I was right. When I entered the house it had turned into a colourful room, full of balloons, confetti and cake. It looked like a common Pinkie-Party…with one exception: There was a lack of guests!

I spotted Discord and Pinkie Pie, playing “pin the tail on the Pony”, but nopony else. At least they were having fun.

Eventually they noticed me, and turned around.

“Oh, hi Xenos, this is a surprise party for new Discord and because he doesn’t have his own house I thought I could throw it at your house as Discord lives with you and I hope you’re not angry because I didn’t ask for your permission, but I couldn’t, because then it wouldn’t be a surprise story anymore so I thought it would be okay, because you like parties, cause everypony likes parties adn actually I invited everypony but nopony has come so far, which is strange because usually everypony comes to my parties and-.” Pinkie jabbered, but stopped when she noticed my facial expression. “Is there something...wrong?” She looked worried now.

I sighed.

“What happened? You look more depressed than Twilight, when I nearly defeated her.” Discord asked.

“Twilight…”

I tried hard not to break out in tears.

“Ju-just read my mind. I don’t want to talk about it…” I sobbed.

“Haven’t you told me that would be evil?” He mocked me.

“JUST DO IT!” I shouted, then hung my head again. “Sorry…”

“Whoa, no need to…oh…Oh! That’s…I’m…uh…sorry…” He obviously was stunned by what he had just seen.

He teleported to my side and patted my back.

“Let it out, my friend. Just let it out.” He said caring.

That’s what I did. I let everything out and broke out in tears.

“Hey, why is he crying? What did I miss?” Pinkie asked worried.

Discord flew to her side and whispered something in her ear.

“Oooh, so you and Twilight were like…but you broke up…and…oh…That’s sad.”

“You bet it is!” I said and gave her a dirty look.

Pinkie hung her head and looked sad. After watching me crying for some time, she carefully began:

“You know…I don’t like it when somepony is sad…and there’s this song…I-“

“PINKIE, STOP IT! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOUR #+*%@! SONGS!” I shouted at her.

The pink Pony was obviously hurt by the harshness of my words. Usually I would apologize now. But this wasn’t like usual. This time I didn’t give a single fuck, if anypony was hurt. I know that wasn’t a very nice attitude, but what do you expect? I hated everything back then. It felt like the time, when I was sent back to human earth by the gods of time and space. It was the same feeling of loneliness and helplessness.

I realized that I just needed some time alone now and pushed Discords arm off my shoulder. Then I rushed out of the house and headed for…somewhere.

Switch to Discord

Discord was a little bit shocked. Although he knew the green unicorn for only two days, he would have never expected such an emotional release. Discord never thought that he would care much about other’s feelings, but he had to admit: This time he felt really bad…

Switch to Xenos

I ran and ran and ran. I didn’t know where I ran, but somehow I ended up in the park. I stopped and looked around. Nopony seemed to be around. That was good, as I wanted to be alone.

I lay down beneath a tree and started sobbing again. I thought about everything. About my whole life, the mistakes that I’ve made, the few good times I had everything… I even caught myself pretending that it would have been better if I had never come to Equestria, but that was a ridiculous thought. My life here was ten times better, then it would ever be on earth, but still… Now that I’d lost Twilight, it seemed actually sort of realistic. I tried to pretend to hate her. That she wasn’t worth it, but I couldn’t lie to myself. Twilight had turned out to be one of the best things that had ever happened to me. It wasn’t really the break up, that hurt, it were the words she had thrown at me.

Probably I was overreacting. Probably everything wasn’t that bad. It was my first relationship, and therefore my first break up too. Maybe it wasn’t that much of a tragedy, but back then I didn’t know.

My thoughts were rushing and my emotions were taking over again. This time I felt nothing, but rage. Rage I couldn’t really explain. I didn’t know if I was angry at Twilight or myself or even at Discord, who, after all, was still responsible for all this. That last thought I quickly drove away.

“Stop it! It’s not Discord’s fault. He supported me. He’s my friend. It’s Twilight. Nopony else is more responsible for all this shit, it's her!”

My unreasonable fury grew even bigger. I didn’t know what exactly happened, just that I focussed my enragement at a lone tree on a hill and before I even realised what I was doing I fired a massive lightning beam from my horn. It hit the tree and it literally exploded. Even though it was about twenty meters away, I was hit by the splinter that fell from the sky.

“Oh god! What have I done? I hope nopony was over there.”

I quickly rushed to the hill. As I came closer I could finally see the size of the destruction I had caused. The tree looked like it had burst from the inside. The trunk looked like it had been torn apart. It was a wooden massacre. The whole hill was charred.

I was scared by my abilities. I still didn’t know what happened. Were hate, sadness and frustration emotions that strong, that they could cause...that amount of destruction if they were combined with magic? At that moment I swore that I would never use magic again when I was angry. I time I had only vaporized a tree. What if I hit a Pony next time? What if I...kill a Pony? I didn’t even want to think about it. I just wanted to leave this place as fast as possible. That was when I suddenly heard someone whimpering.

I looked around, but couldn’t see anypony, but I still heard some quiet whining. I tried to concentrate to spot where it came from, and found out that it came from a big bush a few meters away. I carefully came closer and went around the bush where I saw...Fluttershy!

She was lying on the ground, crying. She didn’t even notice me. She had covered her face with her mane, and continuingly sobbed. Then I noticed something strange. Something that made my stomache clench. The yellow Pegasus was lying in a blood puddle. As she moved I could see that her whole right flank was covered in blood.

“Oh god, Fluttershy what happened?!” I asked shocked.

Obviously I had startled her. She shrieked and tried to get up, but failed and collapsed.

I quickly got over to her to calm her down.

“Fluttershy, no need to panic. It’s just me, Xenos. You remember?”

I had never really talked to her since Pinkie’s welcoming party. I had occasionally seen her in town, buying food, but nothing more. I wasn’t sure if she even remembered my face.

She clenched as I tried to touch her.

“Please, Fluttershy, I only want to help you. You’re injured, you need help. Tell me what happened?” I tried to sound calm.

“...Just lying here...loud bang...explosion...tree...wooden shard....my flank...” She stammered, still shivering from the shock.

I tried to lift her wing, but she pressed it against her side, even tighter.

I sighed.

“Would you please, lift your wing? I just want to see how bad the injury is.”

She looked at me with her big, cyan eyes. Then she slowly lifted her right wing. She squinted her eyes, indicating that she suffered from the pain. Then I could finally see why: There was a deep cut in her side and it continued bleeding. In the near distance I spotted something that looked like a large piece of wood. It was covered in blood.

My worst fears had come true: My emotional outbreak had actually seriously injured somepony!

“Quick, you have to bandage the wound.” I gasped.

I was looking for some sort of a bandage when I realised that I was still wearing my saddlebags. I emptied them on the ground, took a piece of canvas and wrapped it around her stomach. She cried again when the fabric touched the wound. It was a heartbreaking scream, but I had to go on, otherwise she would bleed to death.

I finally managed to stop the bleeding, but Fluttershy still needed professional help.

“Fluttershy? Can you hear me? You need help. We need to get you to the hospital.” I tried to speak.

She mumbled something.

“What was that?” I asked.

“No...hospital...my cottage...closer...first aid kit.” She stammered.

“But Fluttershy...I- I don’t know how to vet this wound.”

“Can...tell you...it’s...not that bad.” She mumbled again.

I didn’t know if she wanted to act tough, but I supposed that she knew what she was talking about. Although I didn’t know if I could really help her, I decided that she probably wouldn’t make it to the hospital, so it would be better, to do what she had suggested.

“I will lift you on my back now, okay? Don’t be scared now.” I said and focussed my magic.

I tried to pick her up as gentle as possible. The yellow Pegasus squeaked a little when she got levitated through the air. I placed her gently on my back. She was heavier than I was expecting. However I managed to carry her weight. Fluttershy pointed the way and I carefully started walking...

END OF CHAPTER 8

Author's note: Longer one this time. I hope it's better than the last one, which was a bit crappy. I lacked imagination, the last two days, but it's okay again.