• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 11,127 Views, 553 Comments

MommAdagio - EagleOfDeath15



In an alternate universe far, far away... What if Adagio Dazzle fell in love and became a mother?

  • ...
21
 553
 11,127

Fourteen - Clavier's Anxieties

- 2 Weeks Later

[2 Months, 3 Weeks Into Pregnancy]


The blackness around me disappeared as a sudden flash of bright light illuminated my surroundings, causing me to shield my face with my arms. The light lingered for a while before I felt the luminance disappear as I dropped my arms from my face. My eyes were adjusting as the fog cleared out, revealing a corridor with rows of doors, medical stuff bustling about their on their daily errands, and much more. I recognised I was in Canterlot General Hospital.

‘What is going on? Why am I here? How did I even get here? Shouldn’t I be--’ My thoughts were interrupted by a noise nearby.

Three… Two… One… Push!”

I turned my head to where the source of the sound was coming from. Curious, I approached in its direction.

“Hhhhnnnnghhhh!”

I could barely make out the faint sounds of a voice counting which was replaced by the sounds of a woman breathing in hard and struggling.

“AAAaaahhhhhh!!”

I jumped back in surprise as another scream echoed in the corridors. I stood still for a moment, shaken. The voice sounded eerily familiar. That sounded like Dagi. Suddenly, I felt my feet start to move by themselves. So many questions flooded my mind constantly as I moved on my own, against my will. As I got closer, the sounds got louder, making me cringe. The door was locked which left me to stand outside as I was forced to endure the noise behind the doors.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Another scream from Adagio rang out in the corridor, much louder than before, prompting me to cover my ears with both hands. The doors then opened and gave me a full view of the situation. Indeed, it was Adagio who had been screaming, surrounded by medical staff and Dr. Whooves.

“Almost there, Ms. Dazzle. Just one more push. Are you ready?” I casted a glance over to Adagio, who nodded her head. I felt a twinge of sadness as I thought of Adagio’s situation; the struggles through the ordeal, no doubt worn out from the labour. Her hair was untidy and strewn everywhere, beads of sweat rolled down her face and most of all, the pain on her face clearly explained the situation. I looked away, unable to see her like this.

“Y-yes. Let’s do it.” For the final time, Adagio took in deep breaths and worked to push the baby out.

“Come on, Dagi. You can do it!” I encouraged, despite her not being able to hear me.

Just give us one big push,” Dr. Whooves reminded. Adagio puffed her cheeks as she struggled once again to deliver the baby.

“Hnnnnghhh!!!”

“I can see the baby’s head, keep going! You’re almost there!” the doctor encouraged.

HNNNNNNGHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!’ Adagio released a cry of terror, threatening to shatter everything in the room. Finally, there was silence in the room. Adagio remained silent after going through a long, tiresome process. The moment of peace was disturbed by a wailing cry. ‘Our child…’ I thought excitedly. I approached to get a glimpse of my future child, only to be met with the unexpected. The face of the child was non-existent, only a bright shade of light in its place.

Tell me, Clavier. do you have what it takes to face the trials of parenthood?” an angelic voice spoke. I jumped and scanned the room for the source of the voice.

W-who are you?” I asked.

That is not of any concern. Are you ready to face the trials of parenthood?” the voice repeated.

I… I don’t know. But I’m willing to give it my all for Adagio and the baby every step of the way,” I replied.

“Bold words, but I must warn you, the responsibilities of parenthood are not to be taken lightly. There are many obstacles you must face in the present and the future.”

I understand. I’m ready.’” I replied.

And what if you’re not? Allow me to show you of the consequence.”

Suddenly, I felt a great pain shoot up my body as I clutched my head with both hands. Images and other voices began flashing in my thoughts. On one hand, everything was fine as the dreams depicted Adagio and I experiencing the joys of parenthood and living a wonderful life. I smiled at the concept until everything began to vanish before my eyes. This time, a short-figured silhouette appeared standing in front of me. The figure reached out as I felt its touch on my forehead, leaving a burning sensation. I cried out in pain.

“I hate you.”


I shot up out of my bed panting for breath and sweating heavily. I rubbed the sweat off my forehead and covered my face.

“It’s just a dream, Clavier. It’s just a dream,” I muttered to myself. I touched my forehead which was fine. “It felt so real though.” I sighed and looked over to my side as my girlfriend slept peacefully. I grabbed my phone to check the time. It was now 7AM. ‘Still early. I think I’ll go out for a walk. Some fresh air should clear my mind.’ I got out of bed and dressed into some casual clothes and grabbed my coat. I leaned over and kissed Adagio on the forehead.

“I’ll be back,” I whispered. I quietly left the room and made my way downstairs outside. I locked the door shut behind me and breathed in the fresh air. I began walking towards the park for a quick stroll.

I still can’t believe I’m going to be a dad. What if the child grows up to hate me? What if it says I’m a bad father?’ So many questions flooded my thoughts. I sighed heavily.

“I need someone to talk to and vent out my stress,” I muttered. Lost in my thoughts, I failed to realize I was about to collide with someone until it was too late.

“Oof!”

“Oof!”

“S-sorry! I wasn’t looking where I wa--” I stopped mid sentence to see it was my friend, Flash. “Flash?”

“Clavier?” He held his arms out for a brotherly hug which I accepted before pulling away. “It’s good to see you. What’re you doing up this early?” he asked.

“I could ask you the same thing,” I remarked.

“I’m just taking a walk. I couldn’t sleep last night.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, I’ve been in deep thought recently.”

“About what? Was it Twilight?” I asked curiously, wiggling my eyebrows teasingly. Flash jabbed me lightly on the shoulder.

“N-no! Not that. Anyway, back to you. What’re you doing up this early. It’s not like you to be seen walking around at this time. You’re normally asleep with your lady,” he said, a hint of teasing in his voice. I decided to ignore it.

“I’ve just had a dream. You could say it was… unpleasant. I was just about to head to your house.”

“Care to tell me about that?” I nodded my head. “Come on, let’s go for a walk while we talk.” I nodded and walked at a slow pace together. “So, tell me about your dream. What happened?”

I began explaining to Flash about my dream from earlier, from the time Adagio was in labour, the birth of our child, the strange voice, and the consequences of failure. Flash was silent for a moment while he pondered.

“Flash?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m really worried about going through parenthood. What if the child grows up to hate me? Says I’m a bad dad or it gets pi--”

“Clavier, calm down and say no more,” he interrupted. I did and inhaled some fresh air. “Look, you’ve got nothing to worry about.” I rolled my eyes.

“Easy for you to say.”

“I’m serious.”

“Listen, there are many reasons I can think of.” He paused for a moment. “Clavier, you’re one of the guys I know that every girl would love to have and heck, Adagio’s probably the luckiest girl. You’re kind, loving, dedicated not only to yourself but to others, and lastly, you have a strong sense of commitment and loyalty. You’re willing to be there for someone all the way, just like you have been for me.” I looked into Flash’s eyes. “The girls and I’ve seen how good you are with kids. Did you forget about little Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo? They love you to bits. You’re a brother figure to them, maybe even more like a father in some other people’s eyes.” I gazed at Flash. Every word he spoke was of honesty and sincerity. I let out a smile, feeling my worries starting to wash away.

“Thanks, Flash. I never thought of that before.”

“Don’t mention it. You’re probably just stressed lately taking care of Adagio. By the way, how is she doing?” I sighed tiredly.

“She’s doing fine. Her cravings are increasing, I have to wake up in the middle of the night to buy her food.”

“Darn, that sucks. I can’t imagine being in your position.”

“Oh yeah? Wait until you get it on with Twilight,” I mumbled, a devious grin spread across my face.

“W-WHAT?!” Flash yelled, blushing furiously. I let out a chuckle out of his embarrassment.

“I was just teasing. Face it, everyone knows you both like each other.” Flash rolled his eyes.

“Whatever. Is there anything else on your mind?” I shook my head.

“None at all. Thanks again for the talk.”

“Don’t mention it. Anyway, I should probably go down to the store and buy some food for my fridge. I’ll see you later. Remember, don’t worry about everything okay? You’ll be fine. Just go with the flow.”

“I’ll remember. Thanks again.” We waved goodbye to each other before parting ways. I checked my phone and it was now 7:47AM. ‘I should probably go back home. Adagio’s probably awake already. I better make us some breakfast.’ I began walking home at a quick pace.


[Adagio Dazzle’s P.O.V.]


I stirred peacefully as I enjoyed the comfort and softness. A sudden urge to vomit ruined that as I immediately jumped out of bed and rushed for the bathroom, covering my mouth. I leaned over the sink and threw up. I felt proud that I didn’t make a mess anywhere. Taking in deep breaths, I stood up and felt the uncomfortable feeling disappear. I returned back to the bedroom to find Clavier was gone. ‘Where is he? Did he just leave?’

“Clavier?” I called out. No answer. I searched around the house and the backyard but there was no sign of him.

“Did… d-did he just abandoned me?” I muttered to myself sadly. “No, he wouldn’t do that to me. He’s happy about the baby and he loves me.” I felt fresh tears rolling down my cheeks. Suddenly, the front door opened as Clavier stepped in. I glared at him menacingly.

“Hey, Dagi I’m b--”

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?” Clavier jumped back in surprise. I crossed my arms underneath my chest, catching my breath as I was seething.

“Whoa, Dagi, calm down.”

“Calm down? CALM DOWN?! How can I calm down when you didn’t tell me where you were going! I thought you abandoned me!” I screamed, tears flowing out of my eyes.

“Shhhhh,” Clavier said soothingly. “I would never do that to you. I love you.” Clavier pulled me into a hug and patted me on the back comfortingly. I fell into his embrace and wrapped my arms around him tightly. “I’m sorry for worrying you.”

“I-it’s okay. I’m sorry if I yelled at you. That was my hormones, I can’t help it,” I said apologetically.

“I understand. Don’t worry. How’s the baby?”

I giggled. “We’re okay, love. The baby’s not due for another six months.”

“I’m just making sure. I can’t live with myself if you and the baby got hurt.” We stood there in each other’s embrace. “Dagi?”

“Yes?”

“Do you think the baby will hate me?”

“Clavier Melody! Why would you say such things?!” I scolded. Clavier sighed deeply.

“I had this dream…” he began.

“Go on,” I urged.

“This dream, you were in it. You were giving birth to our child. Everything seemed perfect and happy for a while, but a strange voice was there. It told me about the hardships I’ll have to go through. I’m willing to be there for you and the baby, but what if it hates me and says I’m a bad father?” he said worriedly.

“Shhhh. Don’t say that. You’ll make a great dad and I’m certain it’ll love you, I’m sure of it,” I reassured soothingly. Clavier let out a warm smile as we shared a long, passionate kiss in our embrace.

“I love you both.”

“And we love you too.”