• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 11,127 Views, 553 Comments

MommAdagio - EagleOfDeath15



In an alternate universe far, far away... What if Adagio Dazzle fell in love and became a mother?

  • ...
21
 553
 11,127

Eleven - News For The Parents

Author's Note:

Hey guys, just a few important notes for you all.

Firstly, my good friend, LightningSword, will be temporarily taking a break because he's going through a lot right now. This means the chapters waiting to be proofread will be edited by Requiem17 for the time being until Lightning has recovered and is ready. Take care my friend and hope things go well. :pinkiesad2:

Secondly, the chapters will now be released much quicker so you'll have reading content as I write. [Reminder that from Chapters 11 and onwards, those will be proofread/edited by Lightning in future whenever he's ready.

Finally, I'm sure you're all quite aware how much time it takes to go over a chapter. This is because we'd like to make sure it's flawless as we can make it for your experience. With the current situation, Chapters 11 and onwards will be partially-proofread which emphasizes that the quality won't be the same as you've read before [Temporarily]. It requires the combined efforts of both proofreaders to deliver the best quality we can.

Thank you and I hope you all understand this. Enjoy! :pinkiehappy:

Note - there's a movie quote reference in this chapter. See if you can find it and guess which movie it's from.

Adagio had fallen asleep on top of me. I tried to move her gently, as I’d found it a little difficult to breathe, but her grip was too tight. I lay awake, thinking things over. I was actually glad on how things have turned out so far; how the girls had readily accepted my relationship with Adagio. More than ever, the news of becoming a parent was a shock, but I was ready to accept this challenge, no matter what. Especially with the one I love. But there’s one obstacle left to go through: our parents. I recoiled at the thought but I knew it must be done. Shaking off my thoughts, I caressed Adagio’s smooth hair as she lay peacefully asleep. I wrapped an arm around her securely and smiled as my eyes closed slowly, falling prey to my weariness.


- The Next Morning -


I was met with a rude awakening as I felt a weight lean on me heavily for a few seconds, knocking the air out of my lungs. I bolted up straight, gasping for fresh air. My ears picked up the sounds of vomiting nearby from the toilet. I cringed at the sounds that were loud enough to wake up the whole house, possibly even the neighbours. I got up and went into the bathroom. As I thought, Adagio was leaning over the sink, heaving her stomach out. I rushed over and rubbed her back gently.

“You’ll be okay. Just let it all out,” I said calmly. Adagio stood up weakly. She looks like a mess. I should get her some food.

“Feeling better?” I asked. Adagio responded with a nod.

“Yeah, a little. My head hurts a bit though.”

“Let’s get you cleaned up.” Adagio grabbed her brush and some toothpaste as she began scrubbing her teeth clean. “I’ll be right back. Would you like some breakfast?” Adagio turned to look at me and nodded, continuing to clean her teeth. I left the bathroom and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. To my surprise, Flash was sitting in a chair, munching away on some breakfast.

Flash looked over to me and smiled. “Morning,” he chimed. I smiled in return.

“Morning. Sleep well?” I asked.

“Yeah. How about you?”

“Same,” I muttered.

“Was it a pleasureable one?” Flash winked teasingly. I rolled my eyes.

“Yes, we just cuddled all night. Much to my discomfort, she slept on top of me.”

“Ooooh.” Flash winced at the thought. “Hope you’re okay. Lucky you, though.” I stood up and began making some breakfast as Flash continued, “Adagio still asleep?”

I shook my head. “She’s awake only because she needed to throw up,” I explained.

“So that explains the weird sounds. I was about to assume you had a monster locked up somewhere,” he said, chuckling. I couldn’t help but chuckle along with his humor.

“Very funny. She’s fine now though. Just came down to make her some breakfast.”

“Adagio’s one lucky girl to have you,” said Flash. “There aren’t many guys in the world like you, you know?” I nodded, knowing what he meant.

“I guess. In a way, I’m lucky to have Adagio as well. We share a lot in common with each other.”

“Yeah, you two make a perfect match. So about yesterday….” Flash trailed. I raised an eyebrow.

“What about it?” I asked.

“I wasn’t dreaming when you said you were going to be a dad, right?” I shook my head, causing Flash to sigh.

“Wow... I guess. Sorry if I seem to be taking the news in shock. It’s too much to take in. One moment, I found out you and Adagio were now a couple, the next you two did it.” Flash gestured with his hands, causing me to groan. “After that, I come back and find out from you that Adagio’s pregnant and you’re the father. I think my brain might fry any minute.” Flash sighed. I let out a hearty laugh.

“You’re not the only one. I’ve had trouble trying to take the news in too. But if that’s how it is, I’ll embrace my responsibility for Adagio and the child.”

“Adagio’s really lucky. I wonder when I’ll find the girl for me?” Flash mumbled, staring out the window.

“Are you kidding? Twilight’s the answer,” I said, grinning. Flash sputtered his coffee over me, causing me to look at him with a firm glance. Flash gave a nervous chuckle.

“Sorry. You took me by surprise, so don’t blame me,” said Flash, shrugging.

“It’s okay,” I sighed. “Dude, why don’t you just give it a try with Twi? It’s so obvious how much she likes you,” I said.

“I don’t like Twilight that way! Only as a friend.”

“Sure,” I teased. Flash huffed and continued sipping his coffee. I finished making Adagio her favorite breakfast; a marmite sandwich. I grabbed a glass and poured in some water.

“There. I’ll leave this here for her. I need to go back upstairs and check up on Dagi.”

“Alright,” Flash mumbled with food in his mouth. I left Flash in the kitchen and trudged back upstairs to my room. Adagio wasn’t in the room so I went back to the bathroom to check up on her. I opened the door to quite the sight. Adagio was naked, taking a shower. I could feel my mind slide down into the gutter as I scanned her figure; her smooth legs, curvaceous hips, wet silky hair, and the light reflecting off her skin. Just seeing her drove me mad, making me feel warm inside, and I stood there drooling. Adagio caught notice and sent a sultry smirk, shaking me out of my trance.

“What’re you doing standing there? Why don’t you come and join me?” she said alluringly.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to control myself, I thought. “S-sorry! I-I didn’t mean to stare! I just came up to check on you and see if you were okay. Your breakfast is waiting downstairs by the way,” I said, stumbling over some of my words. Adagio giggled.

“Thanks. Are you sure you don’t want to join me?” she said once again, seductively. As tempting as it was, I shook my head. “Wait for me in the bedroom.” I nodded and left the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

“Holy smokes,” I muttered, indulging over my thoughts. I mentally slapped myself for thinking of that, even if Adagio and I were in a relationship and have seen each other naked before. I let out a sigh as I fell back onto the bed, closing my eyes. I enjoyed the silence until I was disturbed by a cold, yet soft touch. I opened my eyes to see Adagio’s face inches from mine.

“WAH!” I yelped. Adagio fell back onto the bed, bringing her down with me. I proceeded to stand up only to be halted by Adagio’s arms wrapped around my waist. “Come on, let’s go. Your breakfast is going to get cold,” I said.

“You know you want to,” she said seductively, winking. I blushed at the thought, fighting the urge to give in.

“Hmmm. No,” I stated. Adagio pouted whilst I chuckled. Adagio’s arms loosened, giving me the chance to stand up. I scooped her up into my arms, causing her to yelp.

“Let’s get you downstairs for your breakfast, milady,” I said jokingly. Adagio giggled and nodded.

“Bring me forth to the kitchen,” she commanded. I nodded as I left my bedroom, carrying her in my arms and being careful not to drop her on the way down. I entered the kitchen to find Flash right where I had left him, texting away on his phone.

“Yo, Flash,” I said. I lowered Adagio down and slid back the chair for her. She sat down and began eating the breakfast I made for her.

“Flash,” I said, waving a hand in front of him. He did not answer. What’s got him caught up? I looked over his shoulder.

Can’t wait to meet up soon.” - Flash

“Yeah, me too. Looking forward to it :)” - Twilight

I pulled away and smirked. I waved a hand over his face. As expected, he still didn’t respond. I snatched his phone away from him, snapping him out of his trance.

“Yo! What the hell man?” Flash snapped.

“You weren’t responding,” I droned.

“Oh. Hey. Morning, Adagio,” Flash greeted.

“Morning, Flash. Did you have a good sleep?”

“Yeah. What about you?” he said with a grin. I facepalmed.

“It was good.”

“How good?” Flash urged.

“Is that necessary?” Adagio said, an eyebrow raised.

“Just asking,” Flash replied, shrugging. Adagio shook her head and went back to her breakfast.

“So, can’t wait to meet Twilight, huh?” I said, smirking. Flash looked at me, a faint blush present on his cheeks.

“Not just Twilight. I can’t wait to see our friends, you know?” Flash answered, chuckling nervously. I chuckled at his jittery manner, knowing I’d caught him in the net.

“I can’t wait to see Grand and Delight, as well,” Flash added. “I haven’t seen one of their performances for quite some time.”

I nodded in response. I always loved to see and hear my parents performing. They always sang with grace and finesse. I chuckled at the old memories. I did learn from the best after all.

“I’m going back upstairs for some sleep. My back hurts,” I said, looking at Adagio. She caught my glance and returned a confused expression.

“Same here. I’m still knackered from my flight,” Flash yawned.

I rolled my eyes at Flash’s lazy behaviour. “Yeah, try eight hours compared to two.”

“Whatever. See you guys in a bit,” Flash yawned as he trudged up the stairs to the guest room, leaving Adagio and I alone.

“Why’re you looking at me?” Adagio asked.

“Well, you slept on top of me,” I deadpanned. Adagio chuckled nervously after remembering last night. “It was cute and all, but sleeping on top of me for most of the night? Not so comfortable,” I said, wincing.

“Sorry,” Adagio muttered. I chuckled and whisked her into my arms.

“It’s no problem. I don’t mind getting hurt as long as it’s you.” Adagio nuzzled her face against mine. I carried her upstairs back to my room just like last night and laid her carefully down on the bed before closing the door to my room.

“Perhaps I can do something to make up for your uncomfortable experience and… relax?” Adagio said. I sighed as random thoughts jumbled in my mind. I walked over to the bed and laid down as Adagio climbed on top of me. I moaned slightly at her softness. I felt a blush on my cheeks forming. I opened my mouth to speak, only for Adagio to shush me with a finger to my lips.

“Shhhh… no more talking. Just sit back and relax,” she muttered with half-lidded eyes.


[Flash Sentry’s P.O.V.]

- Sometime Later -


I awakened and sat up from the bed, letting out a long yawn as I stretched my arms into the air, cracking some bones on my back into place. I grabbed my phone by the bedside and checked the time, reading 3:43PM. The girls will be here soon. I better go get Clavier and Adagio so we can get ready, I thought. I stood up and tidied up the bed neatly and got changed into my clothes. I left the room and proceeded to go downstairs, hoping they’re awake. My ears picked up faint sounds before I could make my first step down the stairway. I stopped moving and held my breath to listen. I could hear the faint sounds of moaning and bliss coming from Clavier’s room. I know I shouldn’t be eavesdropping but my curiosity got the better of me as I approached the door and listened in.

“Right there?” spoke Adagio’s voice, a sultry tone to it. My brain felt like it was going to explode as the many possibilities rushed into my mind. Come on, Clavier! Tear that ass up! I thought mentally, cheering on my best friend.

“Yes! Right there,” came Clavier’s voice, moaning in delight. I smirked. Clavier, you lucky bastard. Unfortunately, my hand slipped on the handle as I accidentally pushed it and fell inside Clavier’s room. There was a series of gasps from the two.

FLASH!?” the two yelled in confusion. I hid my face on the floor in embarrassment.

“I wasn’t doing anything! I didn’t mean to spy on you two doing it or anything! DON’T KILL ME!” I screamed. There was a silence among us three. I slowly looked up, shielding my eyes.

“Is it safe to look?” I said meekly.

“Of course it’s safe to look, dumbass!” Adagio screamed. I sighed in relief and uncovered my eyes. I’m not out of the woods yet. Adagio was giving me a deathly glare.

“W-wha?” I stuttered confused. I thought they were going at it?

“For your information, I was only giving Clavier a massage to help him relax!” Adagio huffed angrily.

Wow, I feel stupid.

“Dude, what made you think… that?” Clavier demanded.

“I just woke up and was making my downstairs, hoping you two were awake but instead, I heard you two and my curiosity got the better of me. I’m sorry,” I apologized.

I heard the couple sigh. “It’s okay. Just don’t do it again. I feel creeped out right now.”

“Pervert,” Adagio mumbled.

“I’m not a pervert!” I defended.

“Aww, is Flash fantasizing about Twilight? Is that why you were curious?” Adagio teased. I blushed furiously and turned my back in an attempt to hide it. The duo chuckled.

“Whatever. Are you two done? It’s nearly four o’clock and the girls will be here soon.”

“Yeah. Just give us a sec. We’ll be downstairs,” Clavier said.

I nodded and went downstairs to the living room. I sat down on the couch and slapped myself. Next time, don’t do that Flash. Fate had to ruin it, I groaned mentally.

DING! DONG!

The bell rang. That must be the girls. I stood up from the couch and opened the door, revealing Twilight and the girls.

“Hey guys,” I greeted.

“Hey Flash,” the girls greeted in return. I held the door open for them as they made their way to the living room.

“Where’s Pinkie?” I asked. As if on cue, Pinkie appeared right in my face.

“Hi Flashy!” Pinkie greeted excitedly, taking me by surprise.

“HOLY MOLY! Don’t do that!” I shouted. Pinkie just grinned widely, making her way to the living room.

I could hear the girls giggling. Today’s probably not my day, I thought, sighing mentally as I placed a hand on my chest, my heart beating rapidly from the jumpscare. I shook my head and went inside with the girls,Clavier and Adagio already waiting.

“So, are you guys ready to go?” Clavier asked the group. They nodded.

“I’m sure as heck pumped up to see the performance,” I piped in. Clavier turned his head to face me and smiled.

“Me too. Alright ladies and Flash, let’s go.” The girls stood up and filed out of the room as they made their way out to the front, following behind the girls. Clavier locked the door to his house and then walked together towards the main street where the Canterlot Grand Musical Theatre was located.


[Clavier Melody’s P.O.V.]


We all got to the grand theatre after some time walking. My eyes widened at the sight before me. There was a long queue of people who’ve all come to watch the performance. I let out a whistle. Wow, that’s a lot of people more than I anticipated, I thought, surprised.

“That’sa lotta’ folks,” Applejack said, speaking for me.

“You read my mind Applejack,” I said. Applejack threw me a smile which I returned.

“Goodness me. I never knew both of your parents had this much popularity,” Rarity stated. Adagio and I chuckled in agreement to Rarity’s comment.

“Alright, let’s go and line up. This queue is going to grow longer if we just stand around,” Sunset reminded. I nodded as we queued up. We stood in line waiting while I observed an employee walking down the line. He seemed to have his eyes in our direction.

“Excuse moi monsieur et mademoiselle but are you both Clavier Melody and Adagio Dazzle?” the employee asked in a posh tone. I nodded.

“These are our friends. They’re with us too,” Adagio added, gesturing to us.

“Hmmm. Let me check. What’re the names please?”

The girls and Flash gave their names to the employee as he searched the list.

“Ah, yes! Please, follow me,” the employee gestured. We stepped out of line and followed him. I could hear a few people boo at us, claiming we were ‘pushing in line’ or complaining ‘Why we get to go ahead of the others in queue’. Much to my discomfort, I seemed to be gaining quite the positive attention from some of the girls in line. I felt Adagio’s hand squeeze mine tightly. I winced in pain at the force of her grip she was pressuring onto my hand.

We finally made it inside and were lead inside the grand theatre. I was taken by surprise at the amount of people waiting inside as we got in and yet, there’s still hundreds of people waiting outside. I wonder if the theatre will be able to hold everyone, I thought. I shrugged and sat down with Flash and the girls.

“Wow. I don’t think I’ve seen this many people the last time I watched Grand and Delight’s perform,” Flash said into my ear beside me.

“Yeah. It must be a pretty big event today like Dad said,” I replied. I continued to survey my surroundings until there was the sound of a person clearing their throat. My eyes locked onto the announcer standing on stage.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Thank you all for coming tonight, for you’re all about to witness the biggest event yet,” the announcer boomed. There was a chain reaction of claps and cheers all around the theatre that was almost deafening.

“ Please sit back, relax, and enjoy the performance. Now, before we begin, let’s give a warm welcome for none other than the Seraphims!” the announcer bellowed, echoing. Once again, the theatre shook in cheers and claps. The Seraphims consisted of Adagio’s and my parents, which is quite the fitting title for the quartet since their voices are powerful, beautiful, and most of all, angelic. The lights within the theatre dimmed until it was dark, save for several spotlights concentrated on the stage. The curtains opened, revealing my father, mother, Flux, Dulcet, and a large amount of people that complimented the choir. I smiled and sighed in relief at their sight, waiting for their first move.

Their voices were truly divine as I’ve heard many people say. I sat there locked in a trance as my gaze was only focused on them, swayed by their divine-like voices. Time seemed to pass by slowly with seconds to minutes and minutes to hours. As the performance came to an end, the four bowed as the whole theatre erupted into an ear-splitting roar of applause and cheer for the quarter. I smiled and clapped loudly, cheering them on as I looked around, noticing the satisfied expressions of my friends next to me.

“They never fail to impress the crowd, huh?”

“Yeah. They make the perfect team in music,” Adagio replied. The applause slowly died down until people started standing up and filing out through the exits right into the dark, cold night. We made for the exit and found the same employee whom I approached. He stood at attention.

“Hello, would it be possible to show us the way to the backstage?” I asked.

“Might I ask what for?”

“I’ve been invited by my father for their performance and he wishes to see me,” I explained. He nodded in understanding.

“Of course, monsieur. And Miss Dazzle as well, correct?” he added. Adagio nodded.

“Splendid. Please, if you will follow me.” Once again, we followed the man as he led us to the backstage where my parents and Adagio’s awaited. He opened the door for us as we went in, thanking him.

“I’m sorry, but only Mr. Melody and Ms. Dazzle are permitted.” I looked back to my friends.

“It’s okay, Clav. We’ll wait here,” Flash said. I nodded and gestured Adagio inside first before following her. I went inside to be greeted by the sight of my parents once again. I stood there while they were busy changing out of their opera clothes.

“You never fail to impress me, old timer,” I said, grinning. My father turned around and bore a warm, wide smile on his face.

“Clavier! It’s good to see you, my son!” he greeted, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, patting him on the back.

“It’s good to see you too.” I pulled away and turned to my mother.

“Mum.” I held out my arms as she walked forward, accepting my embrace.

“Oh! My baby boy! How was your flight? You’re not hurt are you? You weren’t robbed or anything? Did you brush your teeth like I--”

“Mum!” I groaned, cutting her off. Adagio and our parents chuckled at my embarrassment.

“I’m fine, mum. It’s good to see you too.”

“Flux, Dulcet,” I said, nodding at them as they pulled me into an embrace.

“It’s good to see you my boy. How was your trip to Prance?” Flux asked.

“Oh, it was simply divine! There’s just too many sights to see, I couldn’t get enough out of it,” I said.

Flux chuckled, patting me on the back. “It’s good to hear that you’ve enjoyed it well.” He turned around to face Adagio.

“And how is my little angel doing, eh?” he teased. Adagio whined cutely which caused me to chuckle as she was pulled into a hug.

“Oh, darling. It’s good to see you. How’ve you been?” Dulcet ask.

“I’ve been great, mum. Thanks. I hope the same has been for the both of you.”

“Oh, we’re fine,” Dulcet waved off.

“So, where are your friends?” my mother asked.

“They’re waiting outside.” My mother beamed brightly.

“Excellent! Let us go! I’m inviting you all for dinner tonight.” I raised an eyebrow, surprised by my mother’s offer.

“Mum, you don’t have to, really,” I said.

“Oh, don’t be modest. I’m offering.”

I hesitated but nodded reluctantly, knowing how insistent my mother can be. I could always try to politely decline most of the time, but she’ll end up winning anyway.

“What about our friends?” I asked worriedly. My father cocked an eyebrow.

“Who says they’re not invited?” he grinned smugly. “Now go on you two and bring your friends along. We’ll meet you two at the back in ten minutes.” I nodded as Adagio and I left the backstage.

“That was quick,” Sunset stated.

“Yeah, our parents are inviting us for dinner tonight. You’re all also invited.” The group had mixed reactions; one of shock and some of happiness.

“W-w-w-whaaaa?!” Rarity, spluttered. She fainted dramatically, prompting Applejack to catch her fall.

“Darnit, Rarity! Quit yer drama!” the farm girl scolded. Rarity pouted as she stood back up.

“Let’s go everyone,” I said, gesturing them to follow me. We walked outside to the front entrance, greeted once again by expensive and luxurious furniture and items that contributed to the atmosphere. We made it out to the front and then made our way to the back of the theatre where authorised personnel and individuals were allowed to park their vehicles.

“So many limos,” Rarity said in awe.

“Are we there yet?” Rainbow groaned.

I stopped in my tracks, causing everyone to stop as well. I let out a smirk. “It’s right in front of you,” I replied. All eyes focused on where I was looking at. Right in front me was a pure white limousine that shined in the night sky with gold outlined on the edges which added to its beauty. It glinted brightly in the moon’s dim glow, I could see my own reflection. It was truly a sight to behold. I could hear the noticeable gasp from the girls except Flash and Adagio, who’ve both seen and been on it before when we were younger.

“T-that… is the most… AWESOME thing ever!” Rainbow exclaimed. The rest of the girls just nodded in agreement, still taken aback.


“T-that’s what we’re going on?” Rarity spluttered once again.

“Of course my dear,” a familiar voice spoke out before I could answer. I turned around and saw both of our parents. I walked up and gave them a hug.

“Took your time,” I mumbled. My father chuckled.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. We had to deal with some fans waiting at the front.”

“It’s okay. You could’ve taken the backdoor you know.” My father shrugged. He got his keys out and unlocked the limo with a press of a button.

“All aboard and remember lads, ladies first,” he reminded. My father, Flux, Flash, and I let out a hearty laugh. I opened the door, gesturing for the ladies to enter.

“Thank you. You’re such a gentleman,” Rarity thanked, winking as she went inside. I couldn’t help but blush. I gestured the girls and Adagio in, who also thanked me for the gentle mannerisms. Finally, the men were the last.

“Go in, milady,” I teased Flash, smirking. Flash threw a glare at me before entering. I could hear the girls inside giggling and snickering.

“After you, my boy,” Flux gestured. I stepped inside and thanked Flux as he shut the door and sat at the front next to my father. The engine of the limousine hummed to life, purring soft and quiet like a cougar. The limousine’s engine vibrated as it began to move, driving off into the night. Everyone in the passenger seats were busy engaging in a conversation with one another, enjoying each other’s company. I could feel the limo slow to a halt until the engine cut out.

“We’re here!” my father announced.

“Already? That was quick,” I stated. My father let out a chuckle and stepped out of the driver’s seat along with Flux. The doors to the limo opened as Flash and I gestured for the ladies first.

I stepped out of the limousine last and dusted my clothes down neatly. I gazed upon one of the places I grew up with during my childhood. It was a fancy yet an ordinary restaurant which goes by the name of ‘Don Istally’ and had a popular reputation among Canterlot; both the ordinary and the elites. My parents and I used to go often back then. Old memories rushed back to my mind that were both worth remembering and embarrassing.

“You’ve all been busy chattering in the back, leaving Flux and I to converse on our own,” he said, pouting at my mother who responded with a playful shove, causing him to chuckle even further.

“You whine too much sometimes,” my mother said, rolling her eyes playfully.

“I know. Well, shall we?” My father held out his arm which my mother wrapped around with her own. Flux and Dulcet did the same. Adagio and the girls let out a chorus of low ‘awws’ at the sight of our parents.

“They look so adorable. I haven’t seen that in a while,” Adagio said happily. I nodded, smiling.

“Why don’t we follow their example?” I offered. Adagio giggled as we mimicked our parents. We followed our parents with our friends and entered the restaurant.

“Hello and welcome to Don Istally. How many?” a waitress asked. Flux looked behind him, counting the people and I in our large group.

“Fourteen people,” Flux replied to the waitress.

“Alright. Unfortunately, we only have one section available that can fit your group, sir.”

“It’ll do. Thank you.” The waitress led us to our table while we passed by many people eating and dining. Some people turned to look at us, most likely due to the famous musicians accompanying us. I recognized a few faces and smiled, waving at them which they returned happily. We got to our table and sat down while the waitress took our orders. The waitress walked off to prepare after she was done.

“Wow. I haven’t been here in a loonnnnggg time,” I said, whistling.

“Me too,” Flash added. My mother chuckled.

“Your father and I agreed to come here after the performance. It brings back old memories, right love?” my mother gestured to my father.

“Of course, honey,” my father replied. He looked at me and smirked, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

“You know, son,” he began, wrapping an arm around my neck. “You were one hell of a messy eater as a baby,” he said out loud.

Oh, please don’t for the love of Faust, I groaned mentally.

“I think I still have it here.” He fished inside his pocket before retrieving his phone, scrolling through.

“Dad, don’t!” I begged. I made an attempt to grab his phone but he held it out of my reach.

“Ah, here we go!” he beamed. My dad showed the photo to everyone. I groaned and hid my face from view.

I can’t believe Dad still has that photo. It’s soooo embarrassing. I could hear a mix of ‘awws’, giggling, and snickering all around the table, much to my dismay.

“Aww! Clavier, you look so adorable!” Adagio cooed.

“No, I’m not! Look at me!” I groaned.

“Yes you are, darling! Aww, look at your cute baby cheeks and that cute little smile!” my mother joined in, grabbing and squeezing my cheeks as I blushed.

“Moooom! Stooppp it!” the girls giggled as the guys chuckled.

“Alright, cut Clavier some slack,” father interrupted.

I sighed in relief. Thank, Faust for that. My head was about to go off any second.

“Hey, Clavier?” I heard Adagio whispered.

“Yeah?”

“When are we going to tell our parents?” she said with a worried tone.

Darn, I nearly forgot about that. I went from confident to nervous as many thoughts of the outcome rushed around my mind. It must be done.

“Mum? Dad?” Everyone turned to look at me.

“Yes, son?” My mouth hung open as I was ready, but struggled to get the words out.

“Nevermind. I’ll tell you later,” I said, sighing.

“Alright, son. Don’t worry about it for now. Just have fun, okay?” My father reassured, deigning to pat me on the back instead of pressuring me. I nodded and sighed again.

“What happened there?” Adagio whispered.

“I couldn’t say it. I don’t want to ruin the mood for our parents. Besides, I was just going to tell them that we have something important to say. Even then, I can’t risk it,” I explained. Adagio nodded as I felt her hand land on top of mine, giving a reassuring squeeze. We smiled at each other.

The waitress came back along with several other waiters and waitresses who brought our food along.

“Dinner is served,” a waiter announced with a posh tone. The waiters and waitresses laid the food down carefully on the table.

“Bon appétit, messieurs et mesdames. Enjoy,” the waiter announced once again. We thanked them as they all filed out.

“This looks delicious,” Rarity drooled.

“Darn tootin,” Applejack agreed. Everyone else agreed with the duo. There was a silence as no one was sure who should go first. Surprisingly, Adagio made the first move as she piled food onto her plate.

“That’s a lot,” I said nonchalantly.

“Yes dear. Might I suggest eating small portions at a t--” Dulcet began but was interrupted as Adagio began devouring her food. I couldn’t help but laugh at the sight while everyone else picked their food and began eating. The reputation of Don Istaly kept to its promise. The food was deliciously satisfying to the point where I couldn’t even finish the last bits of my plate, instead watching as Adagio and Pinkie gorged on seconds. After all the food was consumed, everyone sighed happily, satisfied by the exquisite feast.

“Thanks for bringing us here, dad. I forgot how much I missed this place,” I said. My father flashed me a smile.

“It’s no problem at all son. Did everyone enjoy their dinner?” he asked. There wasn’t a single sign of dissatisfaction, everyone displaying convincing smiles, especially Pinkie who seemed to grin almost unusually wide.

“I’m glad to hear that,” he responded. Adagio then yawned and leaned on my head.

“I think we should call it a night. I’m sure you’re all tired from tonight’s performance. You were all great,” I reminded my parents, Flux, and Dulcet. They smiled in appreciation.

“Why, thank you darling. That’s sweet of you,” Dulcet thanked.

“Oh, great is an understatement. You were all heavenly. The title as Seraphims is truly a deserving title,” Rarity added. I noticed a faint blush on my mother and Dulcet’s cheeks.

“Thank you, dear. That’s much appreciated.”

“I’ll give you all a lift,” my father offered to my friends.

“Oh, it’s quite alright. You don’t have to really,” Twilight declined politely.

“Yeah! Besides, we live nearby anyway,” Sunset chimed in. The rest of the girls also began declining politely, only to be interrupted by my father.

“Nonsense. I’ll have none of that. I insist.” The girls sat in silence as they hesitated on the offer. Nonetheless, they reluctantly accepted in the end.

“Alright. You all go on ahead. I’ll just leave the payment and head for the bathroom. Clavier, if you will?” my father asked. I nodded, knowing what he was requesting.

“Let’s go everyone.” We stood up from our seats and left the restaurant, but not without thanking the staff for their service. We walked outside and stood there in the dark. Not too long after, father came out and unlocked the car as everyone got in. My father drove around as he dropped off my friends outside their homes. We waved goodbye and bade them a goodnight.

“Thanks for giving my friends a lift, dad.”

“It’s nothing son. Any friends of yours is a friend of mine,” he assured, smiling as I returned it, chuckling.

“You’re the best.”

“I know.” My father chuckled. I sat there in silence as Dulcet and my mother conversed. I felt Adagio’s touch, causing me to look over to her.

“Are we going to tell them tonight?” Adagio whispered. My nervousness returned, much worse than before. I grew concerned, but I knew it had to be done. No more secrets. Adagio and I agreed to that. I sighed deeply as I mustered up the courage to speak.

“We’re nearly there,” Flux alerted.

“M-mum? D-dad? Flux? Dulcet?” I stuttered.

“Yes, darling?” my mother spoke.

“Listen, there’s something we should talk about.”

“And what might that be?” Dulcet asked, raising an eyebrow.

“It’ll take some time to explain. Would it be okay if we borrowed some of your time inside the house?” I requested nervously. I could feel nearly everyone’s eyes on me, making me uncomfortable. My mother gazed at me suspiciously with narrowed eyes.

“Clavier… Is it good or bad?” My mother spoke with an icy tone. Darn! Mum sounds scary like that! I wouldn’t want to be on her bad side.

“I… I don’t know. We’ll explain, okay?” I reassured.

“We?”

“I have something to confess as well,” Adagio added.

“We’re here,” my father interrupted as the limo came to a halt outside my house. I opened the door and got out, holding the door open for Adagio and our mothers. I went up to the front and unlocked it, letting them in.

“Please, sit down.” They did so. “ Would any of you like anything to drink?” Everyone shook their heads. I sat down next to Adagio as our parents sat in front of us.

“Alright. Go on and out with it. What is it that you both wanted to explain?” Flux urged. I grew nervous even further as I began sweating furiously. I looked at Adagio and met her gaze. I could see the worry in her eyes but I took hold of her hand and squeezed it reassuringly, eliciting a warm, sad smile from her.

“It’s okay. I’ll be by your side,” she whispered. I mustered up all the courage I could with Adagio by my side. I looked over and could see the confused glances of our parents.

“Alright. Do you promise not to be mad?” I requested.

“It depends on what it is. Why? Did you do something you shouldn’t have?” I scratched the back of my head and chuckled nervously.

“Well?” Dulcet urged.

“Adagio... Adagio…” I started. I tried to get the words out but they wouldn’t. JUST. DO. IT.I encouraged myself angrily.

“Yes?”

“Adagio and I… are in a relationship,” I blurted finally. Our parents gasped in shock as a long silence hung in the air.

“Oh, my stars! That’s wonderful news! Why would we be mad?” Dulcet broke out.

‘If only you knew. I’ll get to that soon enough.

Flux began chuckling.“At last! I thought I’d never see it happen!” Flux exclaimed.

“Indeed. You two always seemed the perfect match!” my mother added.

“Do I hear wedding bells ringing?” my father teased. I blushed and hung my head to hide my embarrassment. I held up a hand, silencing them.

“Wait. There’s more?” my father asked quizzically. I sighed and gathered up my courage once again..

“Adagio’s p-p-p…”

“Just say it. Simple,” my father urged.

Adagio sighed and spoke up in my place. “I’m… I’m pregnant.” The room suddenly felt cold as our parents sat in front with unreadable expressions, a lingering silence present.

Finally, Flux spoke, confused. “W-what did you say?”

“I’m… I’m pregnant,” Adagio repeated as she hung her head. I hung my head in shame, unable to bear the look on our parent’s faces.

WHHAAATTTTTT!?” they bellowed. I winced, looking back up.

We’re dead… Dulcet fainted in her seat as my mother held a hand to her mouth. My father however looked livid, especially Flux.

CLAVIER MELODY! ADAGIO DAZZLE! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!” Our fathers boomed, making me wince at every word they yelled.

It means we’re going to have a child.’ The only time I’ve ever heard my father use my full name is when he’s deathly moody, such as now.

“D-dad! Please, calm down!” I said in an attempt to calm my parents down.

“Grand. Pipe it down. I think we should give the two a chance to explain,” mother interrupted. I looked over to Flux who answered with a glare. I groaned inside, regretting the wrath of our parents. My father sighed deeply and took in deep breaths as he calmed down.

“Young man. You. Have. Better. Explain. Yourself,” my mother seethed through clenched teeth. I sighed deeply and took in deep breaths to calm my nerves. Once again, I felt Adagio’s reassuring touch. She started off and explained how she began feeling sick for nearly an entire week, attending her appointment, and finding out the big shocking news she and I wouldn’t expect. Afterwards, I explained on my part regarding every detail our parents would want to know; the ‘Canterlot’s Got Talent’ event, Pinkie Pie’s house party, walking Adagio home, and making love on that night, minus the explicit content which was between Dagi and I only. Our parents sat there as they listened.

“I… I see. So, you two, you’re both in a relationship now?” Flux asked. I nodded.

My father sighed. “Son, did you even pull out?” I nodded reluctantly, blushing. “You’re already aware on our views of using protection. We’re not supportive of the idea. It goes against our beliefs. Besides, you two could have at least waited until marriage one day.” I looked down in shame.

“And how long are you into your pregnancy dear?” my mother asked curiously.

“Three months tomorrow,” Adagio replied. My mother nodded thoughtfully.

“I was starting to wonder why you were eating more than usual,” my mother said. Adagio chuckled nervously. Much to my surprise, she smiled warmly.

Dulcet woke up from unconsciousness. “Please, tell me you’re joking.” I shook my head. Dulcet looked like she was about to faint again, only to be stopped by Flux.

“That’s enough drama now dear. Let them explain.” Once again, Adagio and I explained the details to Dulcet, who was still shocked but was reluctant to listen and accept.

“How many times have you both done it?” my mother asked. My cheeks flared up instantly.

“MUM!” I groaned loudly, hiding my face from view. They chuckled at my embarrassment. ‘Things have gone from bad to good… I think.’

“Alright, that’s enough dear. Can’t you see how embarrassed the kids look?” Flux cut in, making them all chuckle once again. We sat there, waiting for their laughter to die down.

My father sighed deeply and frowned at me. “Clavier, I’m honestly not sure what to say. I raised you better than this,” he stated. I hung my head in shame.

“What has gotten into you, young lady?” Dulcet scolded Adagio. Adagio began to speak, only to be interrupted.

“You know? Don’t even bother. Now let me say something. I’m perfectly fine with you two being in a relationship. But sex before marriage? I don’t know what to say. You two went too deep, don’t you think?” Dulcet explained. I sat there without anything to say. Dulcet was right.

“Nevertheless, what’s done is done. Now, I honestly didn’t expect this Adagio and I raised you better than this, but you’re still my daughter and I love you very much.” Dulcet sighed and smiled sadly. “I’m going to have to be a grandma already, don’t I? Well, you both have my support.” I perked up as she said this.

“Indeed. I think Dulcet here covered everything I needed to say. You have my blessing as well, son,” my father added.

“And mine as well,” my mother spoke up.

“I’ll be here for the both of you all the way. We all will be,” Flux stated. I smiled warmly at them which they returned. I could hear Adagio sniffling by my side before she rushed over and hugged Dulcet and Flux.

“Thanks, mum and dad. You’re both the best. Love you both,” I heard Adagio mumble.

“We love you too dear,” Dulcet said lovingly, kissing Adagio’s forehead. Flux ruffled her hair which made Adagio giggle.

“And you, young man?” my mother said monotonously. Her face lit up. “Where’s mommy’s hug?” she cooed. I let out a chuckle and moved in for the embrace.

“Thanks for the support, mum. I can’t say how lucky I am to have you both. Love you and dad very much,” I whispered.

“And we love you too, baby boy,” my mother teased. I groaned, rolling my eyes, making my father chuckle.

“Let her have this moment, would you?” I nodded and let it be. I eventually pulled away and sat back down in my own seat along with everyone else with Flux as an exception.

“Clavier, is it okay if I can talk to you outside for a minute?” he said calmly. Flux seemed calm, yet I had a nagging feeling that put me on edge.

“S-sure,” I replied, stuttering as I stood up and followed Flux out of the room. Flux walked outside to my backyard as I followed.

“Is there anything you need?” I asked.

“Yes. I do have some things to ask of you.” I tensed up, anticipating for whatever he may ask.

“Clavier, do you truly love my daughter?” The question took me by surprise but I recovered my stance.

“Of course. Adagio’s the only girl I’ve had my eyes on and I grew feelings for her the moment I met her.” Flux nodded, satisfied with the answer.

Flux sat down on a chair and gestured for me to do the same. “Clavier. I’d like to make myself clear. That is my daughter and you know how much I love her. She’s the only child Dulcet and I have,” he began.

“I’m aware.”

“Adagio’s always had a lot of boys courting for her. Unfortunately for them, none seemed to meet her requirements.” Flux chuckled. “I can understand why though. Most of them were stuck up, lacked manners, and whatever else you can think of the other people in the Canterlot Elite.” I nodded in agreement.

“Clavier, the moment I met you when Adagio enrolled in Canterlot High, I knew from first impressions you were different. Unique. You lead by a great example among the Canterlot people and the elite. That’s not to be taken lightly. As Adagio grew up, I wished that she’d take an interest into you. The both of you would make the perfect couple and here we are, thinking I’d never see it happen.”

“Thanks, Flux. That’s quite warming to hear,” I said, smiling.

“That’s quite alright. However, I don’t approve of what you both did. Your parents raised you better than that and you should know right from wrong. Unfortunately, Adagio seems to have broken the rule as well.” I felt guilty, knowing I’ve let Flux, Dulcet and my parents down.

“I-I’m--”

“No. What’s done is done and we have to face it.” Flux sighed. “Clavier, if you truly love my daughter, give her the love and care she needs. Don’t leave her side, alright?” he requested. I brightened up and nodded almost instantly.

“I won’t! You have my word, Flux,” I reassured. Flux sighed in relief.

“Good. And if you do, you’ll regret it. I don’t want to have to do anything that might hurt you, Clavier. I like you and I approve of you being in a relationship with my daughter. Do I make myself clear?” I nodded once again.

“I won’t. I’ll be by her side always.” Flux smiled and patted me on the back.

“Good lad. Besides all this discovery, I’m glad I can trust you,” he muttered, smiling. I smiled in return. “It’s still hard to take in that I’m going to be a grandparent already. I feel old now,” he pouted. I let out a laugh, causing Flux to laugh along.

“Alright, let’s go back inside. I think we’ve been out here for too long.”

“Sure thing.” I got up from my seat and followed Flux inside back to the living room where everyone else was waiting.

“It’s getting late darling. I think it’s time we go, don’t you think?” Dulcet asked Flux.

“Indeed. Are you ready to go, Grand, Delight?” my parents nodded.

“Let’s go then. I’m tired, I might pass out soon,” my mother yawned.

“Would you like to sleep here for the night?” I offered. They shook their heads.

“No thank you dear. We don’t want to disturb the both of you, do we?” Dulcet said suggestively. I blushed. Dulcet giggled at my embarrassment.

“I’m just teasing.”

I cleared my throat as I changed the topic. “Well, I’ll lead you all to the door,” I suggested. They nodded and walked out of the living room and made their way back outside.

“Take care and behave, young man,” my mother reminded. I rolled my eyes as she opened her arms, moving in for the embrace.

“I will, mum. You take care of yourself. Love you.”

“Take care son and have a good night,” my father said, pulling me into a bear hug.

“I will. Get some sleep or you’ll lose your handsome looks I took after,” I teased. My father chuckled, causing me to chuckle along as did Flux.

“Goodnight, Clavier. Take care of Adagio for us and remember what we talked about, okay?” Flux reminded. I nodded understandingly.

“Sleep well and take care, my little princess,” Flux cooed. Adagio rolled her eyes, giggling.

“I will, dad. You both take care of yourself,” she replied. Flux and Dulcet pulled Adagio into a hug before entering the limo. Adagio and I stood there and waved at them as they drove off into the night.

I yawned, feeling tired both physically and mentally. “I’m going off to bed. Care to join me?” I asked, smirking. Adagio giggled and took my hand.

“I shall. Lead the way.” We went back inside my house and up the stairs to my bedroom. I discarded my clothes, leaving me in my boxers as I changed into some pajamas.

“You should have stayed in your boxers,” Adagio pouted.

“Oh, liked what you saw?” I teased. Adagio blushed noticeably, making me chuckle.

“Whatever. Come here.” Adagio grabbed and pulled me down onto the bed with her, wrapping her soft arms around my waist.

“So, what did you and dad talk about?” Adagio asked.

“Well, just some… things between him and I,” I trailed.

“Care to tell me about it?”

I sighed deeply. “Flux was just keeping me in check,” I muttered.

“Oh? He didn’t hurt you, did he?” Adagio asked anxiously.

“No no no! Of course not. He was just making sure that I’d be by your side always.”

“Will you?” she whispered. I turned to face her, our faces inches apart.

“Always. That’s how much I love you, you know?” Adagio smiled and kissed me on the lips.

“I love it when you make me feel adored,” she purred. I blushed inwardly, pushing out such thoughts for the time being.

“What about you? Did my parents and Dulcet talk to you about anything?” I asked in return.

“Only a little bit. Delight and my mother said they’ll leave it for another time since it’s quite complicated,” she answered.

“I see.You know, I was expecting those reactions out of them, but at the same time I wasn’t expecting them to be supportive that quickly,” I whispered.

“Yeah. Who knew? Parents are parents. We end up doing something reckless that puts us in a complicated situation, but in the end, they’ll be there for us because they love us,” Adagio added.

“You’re right. I’m glad they’re here. My parents are the second most important thing to me.”

I noticed Adagio furrow an eyebrow in the dark. “And who’s the first?” she asked.

“You.” I could make out faint red circles on Adagio’s cheeks as the moonlight glinted off her smooth skin. Adagio placed her hands on my cheeks and pulled me closer.

“You’re such a sweet talker,” she cooed.

“I’m just being truthful.” Adagio giggled and wrapped her arms around me.

“Goodnight, Clavier. Love you.” Adagio whispered sleepily.

I began to feel drowsy as I allowed myself to fall asleep, but not without wrapping an arm around her. “Goodnight, Adagio. I love you more,” I replied.

“I’ll be here… always.”