• Published 31st May 2012
  • 2,696 Views, 27 Comments

Synthetic Discord (a Rainbow Factory retake) - discord7



Rainbow Dash is known as the Element of loyalty, but does she have a deep dark secret...

  • ...
9
 27
 2,696

Fluttershy

I had seen many creatures die at the metal of my great device that day after Angel. Yes, this machine would keep Equestria safe for a very, very long time. I watched as the brown earth pony squirmed underneath his bondages. I laughed, after a few weeks we were able to move up our operation a bit, thanks to the funding of Cloudsdale. We soundproofed the walls, added more operation tables, oh and leather bondages strong enough to hold Bulk Biceps. Everything was machine operated now.

Snowflake wasn't too bright, and nopony was really friends with him due to his attitude. So he was the perfect candidate to test the strength of the bindings.

As the new subject squirmed he tried to scream. I laughed again.

"PLEASE SOMEPONY, ANYPONY HELP MEEEE!!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!!" He yelled.

"Don't worry Thunderhoof; it'll all be over soon." I told him comfortingly.

That had become my thing to tell my subjects now he seemed to relax, as the table went flat he tensed. "Besides it's not like anypony can hear you, you don't think we would have gagged you?" His eyes widened.

"Rainbow my daughter looks up to you" He told me.

"Well I am the fastest Pegasus there is there's not a single pony who doesn't have to strain their necks to see me." I replied sarcastically.

I cackled at my own sick humor.

"Now, let the extraction begin." I always liked saying that.

The one hearing it would cringe as the dial was turned up. I smiled menacingly as the lever was pulled, and the pony would let out a bloodcurdling scream, the mouth would foam. They would void their bowls as well as their bladder, we also had a clean-up crew now, it was a dirty job but it had to be done. It basically consisted of all the workers we had that used to do the machine work.

I did after all like a clean work environment. Thunderhoof was the last extraction of the day, after this we would pack up let off a new rainbow and leave for the day. After extracting from his entrails, we cleaned up the days mess, threw the bodies in the incinerator and left.

As I flew home I noticed Fluttershy out of her cottage. I stopped, what was she doing out so late I thought she was afraid of the dark. I flew down to check out how she was doing. She looked frantic as she greeted me.

"Oh, hello Rainbow, say have you seen Angel? I haven't seen her in weeks; I'm really getting worried about her."

I looked at my friend, the light pink colorful mane flowing as she trotted calling out Angels name. I grinned, one more extraction....

"Say Fluttershy, why don't you come to Cloudsdale with me," I began, she looked at me curiously, "I mean come on this is no way to look for her, we can print up some flyers, and ask some other pegusai to keep a look out for her." I smiled trying to look as friendly as I could. It worked.

"Ok Rainbow, that sounds like a swell idea."

We took off and I smiled thinking about it, and we had learned something interesting after one of my workers brought in a young colt and one of my other workers try to stop it.

"That's my son," he called.

I made him do the extraction; I told him that if he didn't do it he'd join the little colt. He had after all, seen too much. I told him that if he wasn't going to do it then we would, either way the sacrifice would be made. He pleaded but my mind was made up, with tears in both of their eyes his father apologized to his son and pulled the lever. We got so much more juice than before. Interestingly enough if it's a loved one, you get more out of the extraction. We still weren't sure why but I wasn't going to question an increase in supply.

We got to Cloudsdale and went straight to the Rainbow Factory. Fluttershy eyed the building suspiciously, she hadn't attended the meeting in Cloudsdale. I told her we have a printing press here. She continued to follow; she entered through the iron clad doors. I closed the doors and locked them behind us. Fluttershy turned around to look at me she was holding her nose.

"Uhh, Dash it smells terrible in here," she quipped, of course it did, "Dashie what's going on?" She asked, beginning on the verge of fright. I hadn't turned around yet; I began to chuckle, then all out hysterical laughter.

"Rainbow, what's so funny?" Fluttershy asked, I pulled myself up with her long pink mane, "Ow, Dashie that hurts"

"Oh there will be much more pain little Fluttershy." I told her, she had begun to back away from me.

She bumped into the metal table now upright from the day’s closing. Her ears down, she cowered in fear.

"Rainbow, please, please let me go I promise not to tell anypony." she pleaded.

"No," I told her, "this, Fluttershy, this is for Equestria, you have to understand." I tilted my head and showed her that I was sincere.

She looked at me questioningly; I put on an angry face and slapped her. Tears were in her eyes now.

"So you don't believe me?" I asked, "You will when you get to become a part of it." I told her I shoved her onto the table which went flat at the sudden impact I pinned down her arms and strapped her in.

I then strapped each one of her kicking legs; she tried desperately to break free. When she was secure I pushed the probes into various parts of her body. I went over to the dial.

"Why?" Fluttershy asked tears running down her face.

I told her smiling as I pulled the lever.

For once Fluttershy let out a scream that could shatter a window, the high pitched squealing hurt my ears but I didn't take my eyes off of her. I smiled as her color and voice began to fade. When all her color was gone I went over with the scalpel. I laid the table flat and opened her up, although she was lifeless she moved her head, her eyes looked at me pleadingly. Still blue, I smiled and petted her forehead with my hoof. I placed the scalpel to her chest, she watched as it cut into her flesh. Not even flinching when it broke her skin, just like all the others. I pulled out the various organs and set them aside a still beating heart was all that remained inside, which I pierced with a probe. I did the same with all the others too. Then I went back to the switch on the wall, her head followed me. I looked at my friend one last time.

I pulled the lever, the color faded from the organs.

As I watched her eyes, they faded last. There was the look of betrayal in them before they went out. This by far was the best extraction I had done yet. The feeling that I could get them to come here willingly, to see my friends eyes fade with the look of betrayal I felt good. I smiled; I looked at my hooves covered in grey blood. I laughed once more, it was better than the other times, I wanted more of it. But who would I get as my next victim, so many choices, and such riches a plenty. HA, not a bad problem to have if I asked me?

I laughed silently to myself.