• Published 31st May 2012
  • 2,702 Views, 27 Comments

Synthetic Discord (a Rainbow Factory retake) - discord7



Rainbow Dash is known as the Element of loyalty, but does she have a deep dark secret...

  • ...
9
 27
 2,702

Rarity

As the day proceeded the extractions continued as scheduled. But I was busy trying to find an excuse to get Apple Jack to go to a secluded field where Scoot and I could mug her and bring her to Cloudsdale. Scootaloo and I were scouring the skies discussing it when out of the corner of my eye, who should I see but little miss Rarity.

She was snooping around Fluttershys cottage. I watched as she knocked on the door several times, and then tried opening it. Good thing Scootaloo thought to go back and lock it after I told her who had been extracted before Twilight. I patted her on the head, she smiled. Rarity tried to go to Twilight's library, but found it too was locked. She sighed and went back to her boutique.

I wondered if the Rainbow Factory would be drawing too much attention to itself, perhaps the recent disappearances would coincide with the opening of my workshop and somepony would put the two together. I brushed the thought aside and continued to stalk Rarity as if she were my prey.

"We have to find a way to get her out of there." I told Scootaloo.

"Already got that covered." she reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a small vial of clear liquid.

"What the hay it that?" I asked looking at the small vial.

"Zecrora made it for me; I just told her I had been having trouble sleeping so she whipped me up a potion for sleep." She said.

She tried to pass it as a lie to Zecrora but I could see her puffy eyes. I immediately became a little suspicious of the little Pegasus, but I didn't really have any other choice at the moment.

"Yup just one whiff of this and she'll be out cold." Scootaloo said with a growl in her voice.

My trust was immediately restored. So what if there was a little truth to her lie, I had been having a bit of trouble with sleep myself. I kept dreaming that Twilight and Fluttershy were floating in darkness, suspended in a fetal position eyes closed. I didn't know why it frightened me so much to wake up, but it did.

We swooped down and entered the boutique with no prepared dialogue, uh-oh I hadn't thought of that. Scootaloo had already taken over, she was turning out to be quite the assistant, maybe I'd let her take over the Factory.

"Hey, Rarity." Scootaloo called. Rarity turned around.

"Oh, hello Scootaloo, and uh... Rainbow Dash what are you doing here?" Rarity asked. I never came to her shop willingly, unless I had to. This was where Scootaloo took over.

"Weeell, you know the big Wonderbolts tryouts that are coming up Rarity?" Scootaloo asked eyes wide and grinning madly.

She lied really well, even though the Wonderbolts were having tryouts I hadn't even bothered to enter. After all I had bigger plans to worry about.

"Well, Dash here was wondering if you can sew her up an awesome looking cape to show off when she does her performance." Scootaloo said zipping around.

"It shouldn't be a problem, darling." Rarity said happily, she turned her back and headed towards her fabric rack, I grabbed a rag and placed it in my hoof, Scootaloo dabbed it with the sleeping liquid. "By the way Rainbow have you seen Fluttershy or Twilight have you? They were supposed to join me yesterday at the spa for our weekly get together, but oddly neither of them showed. Do you have any idea where they could be?" Rarity turned around.

I was in front of her with the rag an evil grin on my face. She had the fabric hovering with her magic. She immediately became nervous, as she should be.

"Um... Rainbow? Are you alright dear?" She asked a nervous shake in her voice.

"Oh, I'm fine," I said, "and don't worry, you'll see Twilight and Fluttershy soon." I pressed the rag to her face she began to scream but it was immediately stifled as she fell to the floor, out cold.

I grabbed one of her tapestry hammers and repeatedly smashed her horn until it shattered. No more unicorns to worry about. Scootaloo and I stuffed her into the bag.

We flew to Cloudsdale and hooked her up to the extraction table. Again we waited for her to wake up. When she finally did she was whining about the terrible pain in her head and the terrible stench. Then she opened her eyes and she became frantic. Writhing around like a worm, I wanted this one over quick, she was so annoying. I turned the dial up and pulled the lever. She screamed an ear shattering shriek that could have broken glass. The extraction went smoothly, nothing to back us up this time. But once again her eyes lingered on me, as if trying to say something she couldn't, why did only my friends do that? I shook it off again, I didn't have time for thoughts like this not while I was in pursuit of fame.



That night as I drifted off to sleep I couldn't stop thinking about Rarity. Just like Twilight and Fluttershy she looked at me her eyes fixed on me. Everypony else always stared at the ceiling, why were they different, what was special about them that they could still move. I don't know how long I stayed up thinking about it, but eventually I drifted off to sleep.

I was walking down a long dark tunnel; I didn't know where it leads. Hay, I didn't even know why I was walking down such a creepy tunnel anyway. I stopped; a small light glowed behind me. Three ponies hovered in place behind me. All of their eyes were closed, I walked up to them. They seemed to be sleeping. I tapped Twilight and was immediately zapped. It didn't hurt; it was more of a warning shock. I didn't speak; when I tried I found that I couldn't. Why were they here anyways, I killed them. And for that matter what was this place, what significance was this place to the extraction of my friends.

I looked at their faces, each one in the order I had mutilated them in.

Fluttershy looked kind of sad.

Than to Twilight, who looked as if she were silently sleeping.

Then finally at Rarity, who looked like she was posing for the cover of a magazine.

Then something happened, a pink aura drifted from the shadows and touched Fluttershy, it surrounded and consumed her. A purple mist came and did the same with Twilight. And a baby blue ribbon came and wrapped itself around Rarity until it covered her. The three floated there with the auras around them. The auras dissipated as if they were absorbed.

All three ponies opened their eyes, they glared at me angrily, and I was suddenly frightened. Then they looked as if they fell back into sleep mode, the auras reemerged and went back to recede into the shadowy darkness around me.

I felt myself being pulled somewhere. I woke with a sudden jolt. I was sweating, I wiped my forehead. What was that? Why was it so terrifying? But most of all, what did it mean? They were questions I had that I thought would never get an answer, but I was wrong.