• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 1,100 Views, 64 Comments

Fundamentals - FerociousCreation



Throughout her life, Moon Dancer has been the pony to be by herself. Despite having resolved her friendship issue with Twilight Sparkle, the mare still acts the way she once did. That is... until Party Favor came into her life.

  • ...
4
 64
 1,100

Friendship Calls

Nopony knew what to make of Twilight Sparkle’s sudden appearance. But somepony needed to ask the obvious question and Minuette was that pony. “What are you doing here, Twilight?” she asked.

“My cutie mark has summoned me to Canterlot,” Twilight answered.

Despite her pain, Moon Dancer was immediately intrigued, “What do you mean by ‘summoned?’ Did it tell you personally?”

“At the castle back in Ponyville, I have what I call the cutie map. It calls to me and my friends when there is a friendship problem.” The princess’ ears fell back in defeat, “And by the looks of things, I am too late…”

More interested in what could further her research on cutie marks, Moon Dancer straightened herself, “Why have you been reluctant on telling me about this cutie map! What you have may very well change how ponies view cutie marks!”

Twilight Sparkle could see the excitement in her friend’s eyes and would be more than happy to reply to Moon Dancer’s curious attitude. But there were more important matters. “Before we go on about cutie marks, I need to ask if you three are experiencing a friendship problem.”

Party Favor shook his head, “None that I can think of.”

“Then why is Moon Dancer’s cheek swollen?” Twilight Sparkle asked. “Did she hit her face on something?” The moment Twilight Sparkle saw her the trio before her have an exchange of looks among each other and gave no quick response, the princess knew something was up.

“I was hit in the face by a short tempered mare…” Moon Dancer grumbled, pressing the balloon ice pack a lot harder on her cheek than she would have liked. Thankfully, the ice pack was full of cold air and not hard ice.

“Goodness…” Twilight gasped.

“The mare’s sister was very sweet to us,” Minuette said, “but while we were there, the two kept arguing with one another.”

Twilight sighed in relief and gave a light smile, “I think my summoning here is not in vain just yet.” The alicorn exited the alley and asked, “Mind telling me where this aggressor may be?”

Moon Dancer almost spat in disgust, “That mare is a lost cause…”

The Princess of Friendship couldn’t disagree more. “Your friendship with me was not a lost cause.” Her words cut deep into Moon Dancer, recalling how much Twilight Sparkle wished to help mend what was broken. But the cream pony couldn’t shake the anger she had for Grace. Hatred was something that had a tight grasp once it entered Moon Dancer’s mind.

“I can tell you where she is,” Party Favor said. The stallion looked to Minuette and Moon Dancer, “You two don’t have to come along. Not after what had happened.”

“I’d rather not go back,” Moon Dancer said. “I might get punched again.”

“And I might want to hit her back,” Minuette added, her teeth clenched.

“Girls, there is no need for violence,” Twilight said, shaking her head. “There is obviously a better approach.”

Moon Dancer was glad her friend got his money, but she wanted to put Grace behind her. “You and Party Favor can go back and try to fix whatever friendship problem that may be present. Minuette and I are going back to the study and do further research on cutie marks.”

Twilight Sparkle felt the need to quickly change the subject matter to make her friend feel better. “I’m glad my old study is proving to be assisting your research. What have you currently learned about if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I learned that removing a cutie mark changes more than ability, but also affects behavior as well.” Moon Dancer pushed her glasses up her snout not to readjust them, but to express her proud attitude. “How are the Cutie Mark Crusaders? Have they asked about me?”

“Those were the cutest fillies I have ever seen,” Minuette beamed.

“And quite bright for their age,” Party Favor added.

“Indeed,” Twilight said. “To answer your questions, the girls are doing quite fine.” The princess couldn’t help but giggle, “The day after their counsel with you, they asked to write to you and ask about your cutie mark research.”

“It didn’t take you a week to get your princess title,” Moon Dancer smiled, amused at the Cutie Mark Crusaders had such childish behavior.

“That’s exactly what I said to them!” said Twilight.

“Great minds think alike,” Moon Dancer winked.

Their departure was inevitable, but Party Favor did not want to leave Moon Dancer just yet. “I am sorry for what I caused…” he frowned with ears pointed back in shame. “My skit was so terrible, it got you hurt… literally.”

“From what I got out of Humble, it was actually quite humerous,” Moon Dancer countered with a smile, though the change of expression made her swollen cheek hurt. “Really, it was.” Her encouragment did gave Party Favor the strength to smile, but his ears remained pinned down.

“Thanks,” he nodded. The stallion looked to the Princess of Friendship, knowing very well that she can assist Humble Bundle and her rage induced sister, Grace. Party Favor thought to himself why a mare with such a beautiful name as Grace would have a bitter temper. “Let’s go, Twilight.”

“Lead the way,” the alicorn nodded.

Before the stallion went away, Party Favor looked to Minuette and Moon Dancer and asked, “Which way did we come from?”

Moon Dancer could not believe her friend would be so clueless. “How in the land of Equestria did we manage to find the house by walking from the study to the party, yet you cannot remember that we just entered an alley?” Moon Dancer walked out the alley and pointed to the house she had just left. “It’s right there, Twilight.”

All three mares looked to Party Favor and gave him a stern look. In return, he gave them a nervous grin, “Hey, look at that! What a coincidence!” Before he could be scolded by any of the three, be briskly made for the home.

Twilight Sparkle nudged Moon Dancer as she passed, “He reminds me a lot like Pinkie Pie.”

Minuette spoke before Moon Dancer could react, “He sure does.”