• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 311 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Space - Thunderwing250



A familar enemy returns, bent on reconquering Equestria. Only this time, he's going full-force leaving nothing standing in his way. Luckily, an unsuspecting ally may hold the key to this enemy's defeat.

  • ...
 2
 311

Chapter 8: The Secret Library

Immediately, everypony went to begin their duties. StoneColt walked into an office and sat at his desk. The Archivist, Twilight and the other ponies stood in the room. Behind, Thunderwing passed by, assisting Spitfire, Fleetfoot, and Soarin.

“Thunderwing, would you mind shutting the door please?” StoneColt called out.

“Yes, General.” Thunderwing said, closing the door.

The ponies looked at one another quietly.

“You have something on your mind, don’t you?” The Archivist said.

“Yes, I do. And I have a feeling that he’s gonna plan out his next move. A move we cannot intercept.”

Twilight stepped forward.

“If I’m not mistaken, Khaoios can’t plan his next move. Without the Artifact, he’s weak. Wait…where is the Artifact?” she said.

The Archivist’s eyes widened.

“I know what you’re gonna say, Archivist but I doubt very much Khaoios would be that stupid to steal the Artifact.” StoneColt said.

“No, it’s not that. Twilight may be on to something. Khaoios can’t form a strategy without the Artifact, however he has something else of value.”

“His Library…” StoneColt exhaled.

“Exactly.” The Archivist grinned.

“A Library. Hey, that’s up your alley, Twilight.” Applejack exclaimed.

“Now…uh…where is this library?” she replied, nervously.

The ponies looked silently at one another. The Archivist and the General however, shook their heads for they knew where the library was. Unfortunately, they could only determine that it was destroyed thousands of years ago because of the downfall of the Bronco-Titans. Twilight became quite curious.

“If I may ask, Madame Archivist. What and where exactly Khaoios’ library is?” she asked.

“Well, since we already know Khaoios is the Master of Intelligence, he commonly used his Artifact for strategies, but he remained in his library when planning out his next moves.” The Archivist responded.

“…and before you ask. There are three…yes, three Libraries of his.” She continued

“Not to mention, he has an extraordinary diamond collection in his trophy room” StoneColt added.

Rarity ran up and slammed her hooves on the desk.

“Did you say...DIAMONDS??” she asked.

“Yes. Khaoios collects diamonds to study its infrastructure so that he can create crystals with the glare of a diamond.” StoneColt mentioned.

“That’s because how much they glare and serving as a beacon for him.” He continued.

Rarity fainted.

“Oh boy.” Applejack shook her head.

“Now, with regards to the library, where are they?” Twilight asked.

“From what we know, they were all destroyed, but I’m getting to the point that there is another. His main library that we all thought was long destroyed.” StoneColt stated.

The Archivist turned. She could not think of it, but then it hit her that Khaoios had one specific library, containing almost all of his studies. She looked around for a map of Equestria until Pinkie Pie hopped over with it.

“I got it.” She said, laying the map on the desk.

Opening it up, they looked at the areas of interest, but could only deny each one, excluding one area, that caught the Archivist’s attention and even stated it wasn’t on the map. It was kept hidden from the kingdom. The Mane Six looked at one another, only to stare at StoneColt’s face. Yet, before he could answer, a knock was heard on the door.

“Come in.” StoneColt said.

Opening the door, Mariner stood.

“General, we’re about to depart. Any recommendations besides alerting the populated areas?” he asked.

“Not at this moment. Proceed with caution and good luck.” StoneColt replied, as Mariner closed the door and left.

Continuing to observe the map, Amethyst walked up to them.

“What about the temple? When I was a foal, I remember seeing a large library and unusual objects that I could not even describe. Yet, it was isolated on an island over to the East.” She said.

They all looked at her and StoneColt then realized a small chunk of land, South East from Manehattan. He slammed his hoof on it.

“What is it? What temple was she referring to?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Father’s old temple. The planetarium. It was destroyed when he encountered Xenxus during the war and due to its heavy damage, he abandoned it.” Voyager commented.

The Archivist took a while to absorb the information until StoneColt exhaled.

“The Planetarium Temple was converted into the Ancient Library, which was supposedly lost. I thought the island had exploded.” StoneColt said, turning his head to the Archivist.

“What? How?” The Mane Six asked.

“The island was a mountain, but then we realized as we got closer that it was a massive volcanic.” The Archivist said, staring at StoneColt’s face.

“Krokatani…” he said.

Deep within a forest, Khaoios rested his wounds but could not rest what was important to him. Feeling upset that his daughter saw what he truly was, hurt him emotionally, and believing that he failed her as a father. However, driven with rage from his previous defeat, he flew to San Palamino Desert in search for one thing…the Artifact. Sensing its presence, he used his magic to pull it from the ground, knowing it was concealed in the temple thousands of feet below his hooves. Within minutes, the Artifact reappeared before him, as it continued to burn continuously. Before turning away a light appeared behind him.

“Khaoios…don’t do this.” The calm voice spoke.

Khaoios turned and noticed an illusion of the Queen appeared.

“You cannot stop me, you majesty. I’m only taking what belongs to me. Nothing else.” Khaoios spoke back.

The Queen shed a tear for a moment, sensing his pain.

“I know you are only doing this for you daughter. Believe me, I’ve done the same thing to my two daughters, but sometimes they need to learn how to experience things on their own.” She said.

Khaoios exhaled.

“I deeply understand. However, mine is still young and her mother wasn’t there for her and I shall make up to it. And you know that…your guardians, including my second brother is in the same position. Don’t lecture me about what I must and mustn’t do.” Khaoios replied.

The Queen shook her head.

“There is always another way Khaoios…” she whispered as the illusion disappeared.

Khaoios soon flew away from the scorching hot desert to an unknown location. At that moment, he looked back at the deserts emptiness and thought about the Queen’s recent words. He knew exactly that as the intelligent one, there are always ways out of current situations. Safe ones, he thought, but all he could think about is making sure his daughter is safe to whatever it costs. Even if that means it costs him his life. Silently, he disappeared high within the clouds.