• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 309 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: The Element of Space - Thunderwing250



A familar enemy returns, bent on reconquering Equestria. Only this time, he's going full-force leaving nothing standing in his way. Luckily, an unsuspecting ally may hold the key to this enemy's defeat.

  • ...
 2
 309

Chapter 13: Nightshade Illusion

Amethyst tried to get in front, but the Archivist held her back Khaoios' immediately silenced himself once he saw her. His mouth and right eye twitched for he recognized something was terribly wrong. Now enraged, the Artifact unexpectedly responded to Khaoios' emotions, summoned a protective shield around the city, sealing them outside.

“Why would you seal yourself in the city, when we have your daughter?” StoneColt spoke.

Khaoios snorted.

“She can manage herself…Isn’t that right, my daughter?” Khaoios’ eyes widened.

Amethyst pushed away the Archivist and threw herself onto the ground. Trying to assist, they couldn’t help but realize Amethyst’s eyes glowed bright white. She was under the control of her own father. StoneColt turned towards Khaoios.

“You are a monster, Khaoios. The nerve to control the mind of your child! You’re mad!” he yelled out.

“This world is nothing but pain...sorrow…war…disgust. I shall be-rid of that.” Khaoios angrily responded..

He called for Amethyst, who was under his control to come to him. Not able to fight back, she walked to him, only to be confronted by Rainbow Dash.

“NO! YOU MUSTN’T!” she cried out.

Suddenly, Amethyst used her magic to throw Rainbow Dash on to the ground and continue walking until she stood beside him.

“Very good, my daughter. You have brought me something of value.” Khaoios said proudly.

Twilight nodded her head, feeling for Amethyst.

“Now, if you will excuse me, my daughter and I must catch up on a few things. In the meantime, enjoy your battle against your reptilian friend…” Khaoios turned away and disappeared.

“Reptilian…” Rarity paused.

“…Friend?” Twilight concluded.

Within an instant, The Archivist and StoneColt stood speechless, for they along with the other ponies confronted a dragon that looked too familiar to the ponies.

“SPIKE!” Rarity gasped.

Twilight felt a massive heartache at that moment. Khaoios took Spike, but only this time, he didn’t hold him hostage. He was controlling him, in his true form. Twilight turned to the Archivist.

“You knew…didn’t you?” Twilight cried.

The Archivist put her head down.

“DIDN’T YOU!” Twilight cried out in rage.

The Archivist shed a tear.

“Yes…We didn’t want you to confront Spike, for we feared that it would only distract you when defeating Khaoios…” she replied.

Twilight’s sadness soon turned to anger, causing rubble from around her to levitate. Her friends backed away, feeling the power.

“Twilight…” Fluttershy whispered.

“I…Will…NOT…LOSE…TO…KHAOIOS!!!” Twilight cried out, unleashing a powerful magic, breaking the shield.

Khaoios, surprised by the shield being destroyed turned and watched as Twilight took flight. Twilight turned to the ponies.

“Defeat Spike and hold him down. I will deal with the other animal.” Twilight growled out, charging to Khaoios.

The Archivist tried to follow her, but Spike blocked her pathway. StoneColt snared, knowing that this is exactly what Khaoios wanted. A solo fight between Twilight and him. StoneColt ordered Paguseus’ children and the Wonderbolt to circle around and distract Spike, luring him out of the city. Shortly thereafter, they proceeded to their duties, flying back and forth, hitting Spike all over his body. Twilight’s friends followed by luring him out of the city. With the path clear, the Archivist ran into the city.

“General! I’m going after Twilight. Hold Spike off here!” The Archivist called out.

StoneColt agreed and continued to assist the ponies on fighting the monstrous Spike. On the way up, Khaoios with the Artifact in his possession, observed the area, until he was surprised by Twilight, using her magic to hit Khaoios in the face. Twilight, burning with rage prowled towards him like a bloodthirsty wolf.

“I will make you pay, you demon. No matter what.” Twilight growled.

Observing her attitude, Khaoios right there and then, knew darkness was slowly consuming Twilight. He grinned towards her in intimidation.

“A strong dark power, I sense within you, Twilight Sparkle.” Khaoios said.

Twilight continued to prowl towards him, which Khaoios continued to sense dark magic surrounding her. She didn’t realize what power she was unleashing for rage was the only thing that came to her mind. All of a sudden, Twilight charged towards him, but was smacked away by the possessed Amethyst Crystal. Twilight, not hesitant on who it was retaliated with her magic, much more powerful than before. The Archivist who was racing towards the fight was unable to reach her. The power surrounding Twilight, created a boundary of disabling magic. Unable to take flight, she called to her. Hearing the Archivist calling to Twilight, Paguseus awoke from unconsciousness and struggled to his hooves. There he sensed darkness surrounding Twilight and without observing he hurried to her.

As the battle against Spike continued, another battle ensued between Twilight and the possessed Amethyst into a destructive battle. Jumping from skyscraper to skyscraper, the two unleashed magic, as powerful as the guardians and bronco-titans power combined. Khaoios watched as his daughter fought Twilight, but didn’t understand how powerful Twilight had become once something dear to hers was turned into her mortal enemy.

“How can this be? She’s just a mere princess pony. I feel…confusion.” Khaoios thought to himself.

Behind him, the Archivist arrived and walked slowly towards him.

“Look what you’ve done, Master of Intelligence. If you have not listened to the Queen, none of this would’ve occurred. Instead, you took your pain out on every pony including your daughter…” she paused.

“You know NOTHNG of my daughter, WITCH!” Khaoios replied angrily.

Suddenly Paguseus appeared, slamming on the rooftop.

“Yes, we do. She told us. She’s young and afraid…of YOU! Her own father, who thinks he can change the world for her when in fact it is he must change himself. How hard is that for you to not understand?” Paguseus yelled.

Khaoios’ rage grew.

“Do not lecture me, filth!” he spoke, charging at Paguseus.

Another battle ensued between Khaoios and Paguseus, with the Archivist hurrying towards Twilight. Calling out to her again, she stopped, only to be in shock by what she was seeing. An illusion of Twilight in the form of Nightmare Moon, but far worse. The Archivist backed away slowly, when Twilight turned towards her, revealing a distorted illusion of herself.

“…Nightshade…” The Archivist whispered.